|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the narrator singing in F.'s tree house?
2. What is kept in the vile around the lady's neck who is saved from the brink of death by Catherine's crucifix?
3. Who argues Catherine should be buried in the church?
4. Where does the narrator leave in Chapter 44 of "A History of Them All"?
5. What does the narrator admit to longing for in Chapter 48 of "A History of Them All"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Catherine when she takes her oath of chastity?
2. What does Catherine's mistress and priest try to convince her of when she gets upriver?
3. Where do Claude and Pierre think Catherine should be buried? Where is she buried?
4. What is the narrator doing in the tree house in Chapter 48 of "The History of Them All"?
5. What does F. find in Mary Voolnd's private part?
6. How does the experience with the woman who pleasures the narrator at the protest end?
7. Where does Catherine travel to in "A Long Letter from F"?
8. What is the first miraculous event to have occurred after Catherine's death?
9. What happens to Catherine after her uncle makes one of his final requests before he dies?
10. Who is Mary Voolnd? What does she do with F.?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain why Cohen decides to use the female private part of Mary Voolnd as a means of communication between the living and the dead.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the character F. and his relationship to the narrator. What motivates or drives F.?
Essay Topic 3
Explain the significance of the old man and the half naked woman. Who are they? What is their purpose?
This section contains 604 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)