|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What swims away into the Atlantic, according to F.?
2. Who interrupts Edith and F. from their intimacy in "A Long Letter from F."?
3. What type of English is the book given to the narrator by F. written in?
4. Which of the following is not mentioned as a part of the book given to the narrator by F. in Chapter 52 of "A History of Them All"?
5. What does F. use to bring Edith to her maximum orgasm in "A Long Letter from F."?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does the narrator go when he leaves his apartment in Chapter 45 of "A History of Them All"? What does he think about there?
2. Where do Claude and Pierre think Catherine should be buried? Where is she buried?
3. What is Catherine's uncle's request of Catherine before he dies?
4. What does F. tell the narrator when he visits him in a dream in Chapter 50 of "The History of Them All"?
5. What is the narrator doing in the tree house in Chapter 48 of "The History of Them All"?
6. Who is Mary Voolnd? What does she do with F.?
7. What does F. fear he did to the narrator in "A Long Letter from F"?
8. What does F. find in Mary Voolnd's private part?
9. Describe the scene with the Danish vibrator.
10. How does the narrator react to the appearance of F. in his dream?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the possibility that F. is an alter ego of the narrator. Explain how this would change the context of the novel.
Essay Topic 2
What happens when Edith is raped by a group of men? Why does the narrator justify her rape?
Essay Topic 3
Explain how the literal and physical state in which the narrator lives is like his own hell? What motifs recur to make this connection?
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)