|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who argues Catherine should be buried in the church?
2. What does the narrator look at in Chapter 52 of "A History of Them All"?
3. What does Edith do to calm the narrator in Chapter 44 of "A History of Them All"?
4. In Chapter 50 of "A History of Them All", where does F. eventually visit the narrator?
5. What does F. comment on in Chapter 18 in regards to Catherine's death from "A Long Letter from F."?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the experience with the woman who pleasures the narrator at the protest end?
2. Where does the narrator go when he leaves his apartment in Chapter 45 of "A History of Them All"? What does he think about there?
3. What is the first miraculous event to have occurred after Catherine's death?
4. Where do Claude and Pierre think Catherine should be buried? Where is she buried?
5. What does the narrator do in Chapter 52 at the end of "The History of Them All"?
6. What is Catherine's ailing uncle's final request of the women in the village?
7. What is the narrator doing in the tree house in Chapter 48 of "The History of Them All"?
8. What happens to Mary Voolnd?
9. Describe the scene with the Danish vibrator.
10. Where does Catherine travel to in "A Long Letter from F"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the character F. and his relationship to the narrator. What motivates or drives F.?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the possibility that F. is an alter ego of the narrator. Explain how this would change the context of the novel.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the scene where the narrator finds Edith's holy water and when the narrator finds out about the emotional intimacy Edith and F. share.
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)