|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is asked of Catherine in Chapter 45 of "A History of Them All"?
2. Whom does Catherine Tekakwitha's uncle call upon in Chapter 49 of "A History of Them All"?
3. Who makes a rosary in Catherine's honor?
4. What does the message say that F. finds in the woman who watches him write in "A Long Letter from F".?
5. What happens to Catherine's face after her death?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Catherine's uncle's request of Catherine before he dies?
2. Who is Catherine's best friend at the village? From what does she suffer?
3. What happens to Mary Voolnd?
4. What happens to Catherine after her uncle makes one of his final requests before he dies?
5. What does F. tell the narrator when he visits him in a dream in Chapter 50 of "The History of Them All"?
6. How does the narrator react to the appearance of F. in his dream?
7. Describe the scene with the Danish vibrator.
8. What does the Argentine waiter do with Edith and F. at the hotel in "A Long Letter from F"?
9. What happens to Catherine when she takes her oath of chastity?
10. Where does Catherine travel to in "A Long Letter from F"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain how the literal and physical state in which the narrator lives is like his own hell? What motifs recur to make this connection?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the guilt of Tegaigenta over her husband's death and the guilt that F. feels from immunizing the narrator from passion.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the scene where the narrator finds Edith's holy water and when the narrator finds out about the emotional intimacy Edith and F. share.
This section contains 688 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)