|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does F. find in the woman who watches him write "A Long Letter from F."?
2. Where does F. write "A Long Letter from F."?
3. Who is Catherine's best friend?
4. What happens to F.'s accomplice while trying to escape the asylum?
5. What does F. use to bring Edith to her maximum orgasm in "A Long Letter from F."?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Argentine waiter do with Edith and F. at the hotel in "A Long Letter from F"?
2. Describe several instances of when Catherine healed or saved the sick or injured.
3. What does F. find in Mary Voolnd's private part?
4. Where does the narrator go when he leaves his apartment in Chapter 45 of "A History of Them All"? What does he think about there?
5. What happens to Catherine when she takes her oath of chastity?
6. What is Catherine's uncle's request of Catherine before he dies?
7. What does the narrator do in Chapter 52 at the end of "The History of Them All"?
8. How does the experience with the woman who pleasures the narrator at the protest end?
9. Where does F. drag the narrator to when he wakes him from his sleep in Chapter 47 of "The History of Them All"?
10. What is the narrator doing in the tree house in Chapter 48 of "The History of Them All"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the enumerate miracles that ensued among the sick or injured after Catherine's death.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the possibility that F. is an alter ego of the narrator. Explain how this would change the context of the novel.
Essay Topic 3
Explain how the literal and physical state in which the narrator lives is like his own hell? What motifs recur to make this connection?
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)