|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the prayer chanted for in Chapter 49 of "A History of Them All"?
2. Who are the head priests at the Mission ?
3. What does F. wish for the narrator to blow up?
4. Who does F.say he dedicates most of his life to in "A Long Letter from F."?
5. What happens to Catherine's best friend when she whips her ?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the narrator do in Chapter 52 at the end of "The History of Them All"?
2. Describe several instances of when Catherine healed or saved the sick or injured.
3. What is the first miraculous event to have occurred after Catherine's death?
4. What does F. tell the narrator when he visits him in a dream in Chapter 50 of "The History of Them All"?
5. Where does Catherine travel to in "A Long Letter from F"?
6. What happens to Mary Voolnd?
7. What does the Argentine waiter do with Edith and F. at the hotel in "A Long Letter from F"?
8. What happens to Catherine after her uncle makes one of his final requests before he dies?
9. What does F. find in Mary Voolnd's private part?
10. Describe what happens when the men and women gather in Chapter 49 of "The History of them All" and how others separate from the tribe view it.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What happens when Edith is raped by a group of men? Why does the narrator justify her rape?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the significance of the old man and the half naked woman. Who are they? What is their purpose?
Essay Topic 3
Explain how the literal and physical state in which the narrator lives is like his own hell? What motifs recur to make this connection?
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)