|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Catherine's uncle ask of the individuals he calls upon?
2. What does F. comment on in Chapter 18 in regards to Catherine's death from "A Long Letter from F."?
3. What does F. say about men in A Long Letter from F.?
4. Whom does Catherine appear to after her death and several other times as well in Chapter 22 of "A Long Letter from F."?
5. What does F. wish for the narrator to blow up?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain why Cohen decides to use the female private part of Mary Voolnd as a means of communication between the living and the dead.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the disruption that Catherine's conversion to Catholicism and the spilling of red wine bring among the Jesuits and members of the A---- tribe.
Essay Topic 3
Explain why the bath from the Argentine Waiter transcends the thoughts of Edith and F.
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)