|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does F. write "A Long Letter from F."?
2. Who is dying in Chapter 46 of "A History of Them All"?
3. What does Catherine ask the priests in Chapter 12 of "A Long Letter from F."?
4. Where are Edith, F., and the narrator lying at the beginning of Chapter 44 of "A History of Them All"?
5. What happens to Catherine's face after her death?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Catherine after her uncle makes one of his final requests before he dies?
2. What does the narrator do in Chapter 52 at the end of "The History of Them All"?
3. Who is Catherine's best friend at the village? From what does she suffer?
4. What happens to Mary Voolnd?
5. How does the narrator react to the appearance of F. in his dream?
6. Where does Catherine travel to in "A Long Letter from F"?
7. What is Catherine's ailing uncle's final request of the women in the village?
8. What does the narrator find in Edith's drawer as she and F. are shooting heroin?
9. What is the narrator doing in the tree house in Chapter 48 of "The History of Them All"?
10. How does the experience with the woman who pleasures the narrator at the protest end?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the character F. and his relationship to the narrator. What motivates or drives F.?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the narrator and F.'s obsession with comic books and how this obsession shows their veneration of pop culture as a sacred entity.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the scene where the narrator finds Edith's holy water and when the narrator finds out about the emotional intimacy Edith and F. share.
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)