|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is cured from gout in 1696 after praying to Catherine Tekakwitha?
2. With what do F. and Edith bathe?
3. What does the narrator find of Edith's that surprises him in Chapter 44?
4. Where does the narrator leave to go to in Chapter 44 of "A History of Them All"?
5. What is the prayer chanted for in Chapter 49 of "A History of Them All"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Catherine's mistress and priest try to convince her of when she gets upriver?
2. What is the first miraculous event to have occurred after Catherine's death?
3. Where does F. drag the narrator to when he wakes him from his sleep in Chapter 47 of "The History of Them All"?
4. What does F. fear he did to the narrator in "A Long Letter from F"?
5. How does the experience with the woman who pleasures the narrator at the protest end?
6. How does the narrator react to the appearance of F. in his dream?
7. Where does the narrator go when he leaves his apartment in Chapter 45 of "A History of Them All"? What does he think about there?
8. Where does Catherine travel to in "A Long Letter from F"?
9. What happens to Mary Voolnd?
10. Who is Mary Voolnd? What does she do with F.?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain why the bath from the Argentine Waiter transcends the thoughts of Edith and F.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the self-mortification of Catherine and her best friend Tegaigenta.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the intimacy of F. and Edith and the intimacy of the men and women of the tribe.
This section contains 590 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)