|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Catherine appear to after her death and several other times as well in Chapter 22 of "A Long Letter from F."?
2. What does the narrator find of Edith's that surprises him in Chapter 44?
3. What does Catherine begin to forsake entirely?
4. Who is Catherine's best friend?
5. Who is Catherine's mistress?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Catherine's uncle's request of Catherine before he dies?
2. What happens to Catherine after her uncle makes one of his final requests before he dies?
3. What is the narrator doing in the tree house in Chapter 48 of "The History of Them All"?
4. What does the narrator find in Edith's drawer as she and F. are shooting heroin?
5. What does F. find in Mary Voolnd's private part?
6. What does F. say about men and women in the beginning of "A Long Letter from F"?
7. How does the experience with the woman who pleasures the narrator at the protest end?
8. What does the narrator do in Chapter 52 at the end of "The History of Them All"?
9. What does F. fear he did to the narrator in "A Long Letter from F"?
10. What does F. tell the narrator when he visits him in a dream in Chapter 50 of "The History of Them All"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the state of the narrator at the beginning of the novel to the end. Does he make any progression? If so, explain.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the scene where the narrator finds Edith's holy water and when the narrator finds out about the emotional intimacy Edith and F. share.
Essay Topic 3
What happens when Edith is raped by a group of men? Why does the narrator justify her rape?
This section contains 621 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)