|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator pledge to F. in Chapter 50 of "A History of Them All"?
2. Who interrupts Edith and F. from their intimacy in "A Long Letter from F."?
3. What does the woman who watches F. write "A Long Letter from F." invite F. to do?
4. What is the narrator singing in F.'s tree house?
5. What does F. believe about the Free Quebec movement?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does F. tell the narrator when he visits him in a dream in Chapter 50 of "The History of Them All"?
2. Where does Catherine travel to in "A Long Letter from F"?
3. Where does the narrator go when he leaves his apartment in Chapter 45 of "A History of Them All"? What does he think about there?
4. What is the first miraculous event to have occurred after Catherine's death?
5. Describe several instances of when Catherine healed or saved the sick or injured.
6. What does the narrator do in Chapter 52 at the end of "The History of Them All"?
7. What happens to Mary Voolnd?
8. Who is Catherine's best friend at the village? From what does she suffer?
9. Describe what happens when the men and women gather in Chapter 49 of "The History of them All" and how others separate from the tribe view it.
10. What does F. say about men and women in the beginning of "A Long Letter from F"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain how the literal and physical state in which the narrator lives is like his own hell? What motifs recur to make this connection?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the beating of Catherine by her aunts and the beating of the young brave who was supposed to marry her. How are they similar, and how are they different?
Essay Topic 3
Explain what the "telephone game" is and why is this knowledge significant to the narrator.
This section contains 684 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)