|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does F.say he dedicates most of his life to in "A Long Letter from F."?
2. In Chapter 50 of "A History of Them All", where does F. eventually visit the narrator?
3. Who comes and watches F. write in "A Long Letter from F."?
4. What does F. believe about the Free Quebec movement?
5. What does the narrator pledge to F. in Chapter 50 of "A History of Them All"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the experience with the woman who pleasures the narrator at the protest end?
2. What is Catherine's uncle's request of Catherine before he dies?
3. What happens to Mary Voolnd?
4. How does the narrator react to the appearance of F. in his dream?
5. What is the narrator doing in the tree house in Chapter 48 of "The History of Them All"?
6. Describe what happens when the men and women gather in Chapter 49 of "The History of them All" and how others separate from the tribe view it.
7. Where does F. drag the narrator to when he wakes him from his sleep in Chapter 47 of "The History of Them All"?
8. What is Catherine's ailing uncle's final request of the women in the village?
9. Where do Claude and Pierre think Catherine should be buried? Where is she buried?
10. Where does the narrator go when he leaves his apartment in Chapter 45 of "A History of Them All"? What does he think about there?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain why Cohen decides to use the female private part of Mary Voolnd as a means of communication between the living and the dead.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the intimacy of F. and Edith and the intimacy of the men and women of the tribe.
Essay Topic 3
Explain what the "telephone game" is and why is this knowledge significant to the narrator.
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)