|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does F. use to bring Edith to her maximum orgasm in "A Long Letter from F."?
2. Whom does Catherine Tekakwitha's uncle call upon in Chapter 49 of "A History of Them All"?
3. What happened to Catherine's best friend's husband?
4. What happens to F.'s accomplice while trying to escape the asylum?
5. Who argues Catherine should be buried at her favorite prayer location by the river?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the narrator react to the appearance of F. in his dream?
2. What is the narrator doing in the tree house in Chapter 48 of "The History of Them All"?
3. What does F. say about men and women in the beginning of "A Long Letter from F"?
4. What is the first miraculous event to have occurred after Catherine's death?
5. What does F. fear he did to the narrator in "A Long Letter from F"?
6. What does Catherine's mistress and priest try to convince her of when she gets upriver?
7. Where does F. drag the narrator to when he wakes him from his sleep in Chapter 47 of "The History of Them All"?
8. How does the experience with the woman who pleasures the narrator at the protest end?
9. What happens to Catherine after her uncle makes one of his final requests before he dies?
10. Where does the narrator go when he leaves his apartment in Chapter 45 of "A History of Them All"? What does he think about there?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the suffrage of constipation and depression the narrator is undergoing. How is this motif repeated throughout the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Explain how the literal and physical state in which the narrator lives is like his own hell? What motifs recur to make this connection?
Essay Topic 3
Explain why the bath from the Argentine Waiter transcends the thoughts of Edith and F.
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)