|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Catherine pray daily at the Mission?
2. Who comes and watches F. write in "A Long Letter from F."?
3. What does Lamberville, the priest, try to convince the dying person to do in Chapter 45 of "A History of Them All"?
4. What does F. comment on in Chapter 18 in regards to Catherine's death from "A Long Letter from F."?
5. Whom does Catherine appear to after her death and several other times as well in Chapter 22 of "A Long Letter from F."?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Catherine when she takes her oath of chastity?
2. Describe several instances of when Catherine healed or saved the sick or injured.
3. Who is Mary Voolnd? What does she do with F.?
4. What happens to Mary Voolnd?
5. What does F. say about men and women in the beginning of "A Long Letter from F"?
6. What does the narrator do in Chapter 52 at the end of "The History of Them All"?
7. Describe the scene with the Danish vibrator.
8. What does F. tell the narrator when he visits him in a dream in Chapter 50 of "The History of Them All"?
9. How does the narrator react to the appearance of F. in his dream?
10. What is Catherine's ailing uncle's final request of the women in the village?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain why the bath from the Argentine Waiter transcends the thoughts of Edith and F.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the narrator and F.'s obsession with comic books and how this obsession shows their veneration of pop culture as a sacred entity.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the possibility that F. is an alter ego of the narrator. Explain how this would change the context of the novel.
This section contains 678 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)