|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator look at in Chapter 52 of "A History of Them All"?
2. How does Edith pleasure F. in "A Long Letter from F."?
3. Who argues Catherine should be buried at her favorite prayer location by the river?
4. What does F. wish for the narrator to blow up?
5. Who does F.say he dedicates most of his life to in "A Long Letter from F."?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where do Claude and Pierre think Catherine should be buried? Where is she buried?
2. What happens to Catherine after her uncle makes one of his final requests before he dies?
3. Describe what happens when the men and women gather in Chapter 49 of "The History of them All" and how others separate from the tribe view it.
4. What is Catherine's uncle's request of Catherine before he dies?
5. Who is Catherine's best friend at the village? From what does she suffer?
6. What is the first miraculous event to have occurred after Catherine's death?
7. What does F. tell the narrator when he visits him in a dream in Chapter 50 of "The History of Them All"?
8. What does Catherine's mistress and priest try to convince her of when she gets upriver?
9. What does the Argentine waiter do with Edith and F. at the hotel in "A Long Letter from F"?
10. Where does the narrator go when he leaves his apartment in Chapter 45 of "A History of Them All"? What does he think about there?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the enumerate miracles that ensued among the sick or injured after Catherine's death.
Essay Topic 2
Explain what the "telephone game" is and why is this knowledge significant to the narrator.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the suffrage of constipation and depression the narrator is undergoing. How is this motif repeated throughout the novel?
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)