|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what do F. and Edith bathe?
2. What happens to Catherine's face after her death?
3. What does F. find in the woman who watches him write "A Long Letter from F."?
4. What does F. tell the narrator at the end of Chapter 47 of "A History of Them All"?
5. What disservice does F. say he did to the narrator in "A Long Letter from F.?"
Short Essay Questions
1. What does F. fear he did to the narrator in "A Long Letter from F"?
2. How does the narrator react to the appearance of F. in his dream?
3. What happens to Mary Voolnd?
4. Where does the narrator go when he leaves his apartment in Chapter 45 of "A History of Them All"? What does he think about there?
5. What is the narrator doing in the tree house in Chapter 48 of "The History of Them All"?
6. What does F. tell the narrator when he visits him in a dream in Chapter 50 of "The History of Them All"?
7. What does the narrator find in Edith's drawer as she and F. are shooting heroin?
8. Describe what happens when the men and women gather in Chapter 49 of "The History of them All" and how others separate from the tribe view it.
9. Describe the scene with the Danish vibrator.
10. What does Catherine's mistress and priest try to convince her of when she gets upriver?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain what the "telephone game" is and why is this knowledge significant to the narrator.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the self-mortification of Catherine and her best friend Tegaigenta.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the suffrage of constipation and depression the narrator is undergoing. How is this motif repeated throughout the novel?
This section contains 689 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)