|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens in the uncle's tent at the end of Chapter 49 of "A History of Them All"?
2. What happens to Catherine's face after her death?
3. Who finds the narrator among the crowd of people in Chapter 47 of "A History of Them All"?
4. What does Catherine ask the priests in Chapter 12 of "A Long Letter from F."?
5. Where does the narrator leave to go to in Chapter 44 of "A History of Them All"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does the narrator go when he leaves his apartment in Chapter 45 of "A History of Them All"? What does he think about there?
2. What does F. say about men and women in the beginning of "A Long Letter from F"?
3. How does the experience with the woman who pleasures the narrator at the protest end?
4. What does the Argentine waiter do with Edith and F. at the hotel in "A Long Letter from F"?
5. What is the first miraculous event to have occurred after Catherine's death?
6. Describe several instances of when Catherine healed or saved the sick or injured.
7. What is Catherine's uncle's request of Catherine before he dies?
8. What is the narrator doing in the tree house in Chapter 48 of "The History of Them All"?
9. What does the narrator do in Chapter 52 at the end of "The History of Them All"?
10. Who is Catherine's best friend at the village? From what does she suffer?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the suffrage of constipation and depression the narrator is undergoing. How is this motif repeated throughout the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the disruption that Catherine's conversion to Catholicism and the spilling of red wine bring among the Jesuits and members of the A---- tribe.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the scene where the narrator finds Edith's holy water and when the narrator finds out about the emotional intimacy Edith and F. share.
This section contains 706 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)