|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does F. find in the woman who watches him write "A Long Letter from F."?
2. Where does the narrator leave to go to in Chapter 44 of "A History of Them All"?
3. Who is cured from gout in 1696 after praying to Catherine Tekakwitha?
4. What does Catherine cut herself with in the woods?
5. Who finds the narrator among the crowd of people in Chapter 47 of "A History of Them All"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the narrator and F.'s obsession with comic books and how this obsession shows their veneration of pop culture as a sacred entity.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the state of the narrator at the beginning of the novel to the end. Does he make any progression? If so, explain.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the scene where the narrator finds Edith's holy water and when the narrator finds out about the emotional intimacy Edith and F. share.
This section contains 580 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)