|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Catherine's face after her death?
2. What happens to the narrator at this event that F. forces him to go to?
3. Who makes a rosary in Catherine's honor?
4. Where does the narrator leave to go to in Chapter 44 of "A History of Them All"?
5. Who says they would rather have sex with a thorn than a hunter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the first miraculous event to have occurred after Catherine's death?
2. What happens to Catherine when she takes her oath of chastity?
3. Where does Catherine travel to in "A Long Letter from F"?
4. What happens to Catherine after her uncle makes one of his final requests before he dies?
5. What does F. tell the narrator when he visits him in a dream in Chapter 50 of "The History of Them All"?
6. Describe the scene with the Danish vibrator.
7. Who is Mary Voolnd? What does she do with F.?
8. What does the Argentine waiter do with Edith and F. at the hotel in "A Long Letter from F"?
9. How does the narrator react to the appearance of F. in his dream?
10. Who is Catherine's best friend at the village? From what does she suffer?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the beating of Catherine by her aunts and the beating of the young brave who was supposed to marry her. How are they similar, and how are they different?
Essay Topic 2
What happens when Edith is raped by a group of men? Why does the narrator justify her rape?
Essay Topic 3
Explain how the literal and physical state in which the narrator lives is like his own hell? What motifs recur to make this connection?
This section contains 670 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)