|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says they would rather have sex with a thorn than a hunter?
2. What happens just before the narrator reaches his maximum pleasure in Chapter 47 of "A History of Them All"?
3. With what do F. and Edith bathe?
4. Whom does Catherine Tekakwitha's uncle call upon in Chapter 49 of "A History of Them All"?
5. What does Catherine's uncle ask of the individuals he calls upon?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe several instances of when Catherine healed or saved the sick or injured.
2. What is the first miraculous event to have occurred after Catherine's death?
3. How does the experience with the woman who pleasures the narrator at the protest end?
4. What does F. say about men and women in the beginning of "A Long Letter from F"?
5. Where does F. drag the narrator to when he wakes him from his sleep in Chapter 47 of "The History of Them All"?
6. How does the narrator react to the appearance of F. in his dream?
7. Who is Catherine's best friend at the village? From what does she suffer?
8. What happens to Catherine when she takes her oath of chastity?
9. Describe the scene with the Danish vibrator.
10. What is Catherine's ailing uncle's final request of the women in the village?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the enumerate miracles that ensued among the sick or injured after Catherine's death.
Essay Topic 2
How does the relationship of Catherine and her uncle contribute to the overall theme of sexuality of the novel Beautiful Losers?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the behavior of the narrator in F.'s tree house and compare it to his behavior in the apartment. How does the wilderness seem to tame the narrator?
This section contains 697 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)