|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does F.say he dedicates most of his life to in "A Long Letter from F."?
2. What does F. believe about the Free Quebec movement?
3. What happens to Catherine at the end of Chapter 46 of "A History of Them All"?
4. What does the narrator wish F. had left him instead of his possessions?
5. What does Catherine's uncle ask of the individuals he calls upon?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Catherine's uncle's request of Catherine before he dies?
2. What does F. find in Mary Voolnd's private part?
3. How does the narrator react to the appearance of F. in his dream?
4. What does the narrator find in Edith's drawer as she and F. are shooting heroin?
5. What is the first miraculous event to have occurred after Catherine's death?
6. Describe what happens when the men and women gather in Chapter 49 of "The History of them All" and how others separate from the tribe view it.
7. Describe the scene with the Danish vibrator.
8. Who is Catherine's best friend at the village? From what does she suffer?
9. What does the Argentine waiter do with Edith and F. at the hotel in "A Long Letter from F"?
10. What does the narrator do in Chapter 52 at the end of "The History of Them All"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the behavior of the narrator in F.'s tree house and compare it to his behavior in the apartment. How does the wilderness seem to tame the narrator?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the possibility that F. is an alter ego of the narrator. Explain how this would change the context of the novel.
Essay Topic 3
Explain what the "telephone game" is and why is this knowledge significant to the narrator.
This section contains 688 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)