|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator do when Edith and F. are busy in Chapter 44?
2. Who says they would rather have sex with a thorn than a hunter?
3. What does Lamberville, the priest, try to convince the dying person to do in Chapter 45 of "A History of Them All"?
4. What does Catherine cut herself with in the woods?
5. What does the narrator wish F. had left him instead of his possessions?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe several instances of when Catherine healed or saved the sick or injured.
2. What happens to Mary Voolnd?
3. What does F. fear he did to the narrator in "A Long Letter from F"?
4. What does the narrator find in Edith's drawer as she and F. are shooting heroin?
5. What happens to Catherine after her uncle makes one of his final requests before he dies?
6. What is Catherine's ailing uncle's final request of the women in the village?
7. How does the narrator react to the appearance of F. in his dream?
8. Where does F. drag the narrator to when he wakes him from his sleep in Chapter 47 of "The History of Them All"?
9. What is the narrator doing in the tree house in Chapter 48 of "The History of Them All"?
10. Where do Claude and Pierre think Catherine should be buried? Where is she buried?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the disruption that Catherine's conversion to Catholicism and the spilling of red wine bring among the Jesuits and members of the A---- tribe.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the state of the narrator at the beginning of the novel to the end. Does he make any progression? If so, explain.
Essay Topic 3
What happens when Edith is raped by a group of men? Why does the narrator justify her rape?
This section contains 678 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)