|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who makes a rosary in Catherine's honor?
2. Who interrupts Edith and F. from their intimacy in "A Long Letter from F."?
3. Which of the following is not mentioned as a part of the book given to the narrator by F. in Chapter 52 of "A History of Them All"?
4. Who are the head priests at the Mission ?
5. What does Catherine ask God about human beings in Chapter 6 of "A Long Letter from F."?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the first miraculous event to have occurred after Catherine's death?
2. What does F. find in Mary Voolnd's private part?
3. What does F. fear he did to the narrator in "A Long Letter from F"?
4. What does the narrator do in Chapter 52 at the end of "The History of Them All"?
5. What does F. tell the narrator when he visits him in a dream in Chapter 50 of "The History of Them All"?
6. What is Catherine's ailing uncle's final request of the women in the village?
7. Where does the narrator go when he leaves his apartment in Chapter 45 of "A History of Them All"? What does he think about there?
8. Where does F. drag the narrator to when he wakes him from his sleep in Chapter 47 of "The History of Them All"?
9. What happens to Catherine after her uncle makes one of his final requests before he dies?
10. How does the narrator react to the appearance of F. in his dream?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain how the literal and physical state in which the narrator lives is like his own hell? What motifs recur to make this connection?
Essay Topic 2
Explain why the bath from the Argentine Waiter transcends the thoughts of Edith and F.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the scene where the narrator finds Edith's holy water and when the narrator finds out about the emotional intimacy Edith and F. share.
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)