|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator pray to god for at the end of Chapter 13 of "A History of Them All"?
2. What does F. say the glancing kisses from Edith to the narrator are in Chapter 12 of "A History of Them All"?
3. What does the narrator say his profession is in Chapter 2 of "A History of Them All"?
4. Who replaces the local priest in Chapter 35 of "A History of Them All"?
5. What does F. go on a tirade about in Chapter 6 of "A History of Them All"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What has happened to the condition of the narrator by Chapter 25 in "The History of Them All"?
2. What is the first miraculous event to have occurred after Catherine's death?
3. What happens to Mary Voolnd?
4. Describe how F. and Edith die.
5. What is Catherine's uncle's request of Catherine before he dies?
6. What happens at the very end of the epilogue?
7. What does the narrator do in Chapter 52 at the end of "The History of Them All"?
8. What does the narrator think about to distract himself from the reading that depresses him?
9. What happens to Catherine when she takes her oath of chastity?
10. What was the purpose of the note that F. left the narrator in Chapter 30 of "The History of Them All"?
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the disruption that Catherine's conversion to Catholicism and the spilling of red wine bring among the Jesuits and members of the A---- tribe.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the character F. and his relationship to the narrator. What motivates or drives F.?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the behavior of the narrator in F.'s tree house and compare it to his behavior in the apartment. How does the wilderness seem to tame the narrator?
This section contains 1,105 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)