|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator recall F. saying in Chapter 4 of "A History of Them All"?
2. What does the narrator yearn for in Chapter 33 of "A History of Them All"?
3. Where are F. and the narrator driving to in the car scene?
4. Who died in the asylum from syphilis?
5. What is the narrator convinced the song he listens to in Chapter 30 of "A History of Them All" is about?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is significant about what F. gives to the narrator in Chapter 17 of "The History of Them All"?
2. How does the narrator feel about the group of men who raped Edith?
3. How does the narrator react to the appearance of F. in his dream?
4. What happens at the very end of the epilogue?
5. What does F. tell the narrator when he visits him in a dream in Chapter 50 of "The History of Them All"?
6. What does F. find in Mary Voolnd's private part?
7. What happens to Mary Voolnd?
8. What does F. fear he did to the narrator in "A Long Letter from F"?
9. What happened to the narrator at school when he was a child?
10. What does the narrator describe that happened to Catherine in 1664?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the narrator and F.'s obsession with comic books and how this obsession shows their veneration of pop culture as a sacred entity.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the beating of Catherine by her aunts and the beating of the young brave who was supposed to marry her. How are they similar, and how are they different?
Essay Topic 3
Explain what the "telephone game" is and why is this knowledge significant to the narrator.
This section contains 1,056 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)