|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator say his profession is in Chapter 2 of "A History of Them All"?
2. To whom does the narrator turn for his salvation?
3. What plan does F. use to lose weight and gain muscle in Chapter 29 of "A History of Them All"?
4. What does Catherine give to the person who enters her tent?
5. What is the narrator convinced the song he listens to in Chapter 30 of "A History of Them All" is about?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe how F. and Edith die.
2. What role does F. play in the love triangle of Edith, the narrator, and himself?
3. What does the narrator say is proof that he and Edith loved each other in Chapter 25 of "The History of Them All"?
4. What happened to the narrator at school when he was a child?
5. What does the narrator burn himself with repeatedly in Chapter 24 of "A History of Them All"? Why is it significant?
6. What does the narrator read about that depresses him so much?
7. What does the narrator pray to god for in Chapter 13 of "The History of Them All"?
8. What motivates the narrator to turn to Catherine Tekakwitha when he is in agony over the deaths of F. and Edith?
9. How is Chapter 10 in "The History of Them All" a symbol of how the narrator is becoming more like F.?
10. What does the narrator remember about Edith in Chapter 7 of "The History of Them All"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the behavior of the narrator in F.'s tree house and compare it to his behavior in the apartment. How does the wilderness seem to tame the narrator?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the significance of the old man and the half naked woman. Who are they? What is their purpose?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the possibility that F. is an alter ego of the narrator. Explain how this would change the context of the novel.
This section contains 724 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)