|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who replaces the local priest in Chapter 35 of "A History of Them All"?
2. Who died in the asylum from syphilis?
3. What does the note the narrator finds in F.'s fireworks instruct him to do?
4. Who falls in love with Catherine in Chapter 26 of "A History of Them All."
5. Who dislikes the French missionaries?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe how F. and Edith die.
2. What has happened to the condition of the narrator by Chapter 25 in "The History of Them All"?
3. How does the uncle feel about his tribe by the middle of the novel?
4. What happens to the young brave who was to marry Catherine?
5. Explain how the Iroquois tribe lives and why it was deemed inappropriate by the French missionaries.
6. What does the narrator say is proof that he and Edith loved each other in Chapter 25 of "The History of Them All"?
7. What does F. buy in Chapter 14 of "The History of Them All"?
8. What happens at the French banquet that Catherine attends in Chapter 42 of "The History of Them All"?
9. Why does the narrator call the DJ on the radio in Chapter 30 of "The History of Them All"?
10. Describe the telephone game.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the possibility that F. is an alter ego of the narrator. Explain how this would change the context of the novel.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the guilt of Tegaigenta over her husband's death and the guilt that F. feels from immunizing the narrator from passion.
Essay Topic 3
What happens when Edith is raped by a group of men? Why does the narrator justify her rape?
This section contains 642 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)