|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Catherine Tekakwitha make at her family's new home?
2. Where does the narrator want Edith's lips to linger specifically?
3. What does Catherine give to the person who enters her tent?
4. What does F. suggest to the narrator in Chapter 12 of "A History of Them All"?
5. What does F. give the narrator in Chapter 18 of "A History of Them All"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when the narrator and F. drive to Ottawa?
2. Describe how F. and Edith die.
3. What role does F. play in the love triangle of Edith, the narrator, and himself?
4. Describe the telephone game.
5. Who is Charles Axis?
6. What does the narrator read about that depresses him so much?
7. What does the narrator say is proof that he and Edith loved each other in Chapter 25 of "The History of Them All"?
8. Why does the narrator call the DJ on the radio in Chapter 30 of "The History of Them All"?
9. What does the narrator think about to distract himself from the reading that depresses him?
10. How is Chapter 10 in "The History of Them All" a symbol of how the narrator is becoming more like F.?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain why the bath from the Argentine Waiter transcends the thoughts of Edith and F.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the behavior of the narrator in F.'s tree house and compare it to his behavior in the apartment. How does the wilderness seem to tame the narrator?
Essay Topic 3
How does the relationship of Catherine and her uncle contribute to the overall theme of sexuality of the novel Beautiful Losers?
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)