|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does F. admit about the near death experience in the car?
2. What does the narrator inventory in Chapter 21 of "A History of Them All"?
3. In what type of environment do the Iroquois live?
4. Where does the narrator want Edith's lips to linger specifically?
5. What does the narrator do in Chapter 23 of "A History of Them All"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the narrator think about to distract himself from the reading that depresses him?
2. Who is Charles Axis?
3. What was the purpose of the note that F. left the narrator in Chapter 30 of "The History of Them All"?
4. How is Chapter 10 in "The History of Them All" a symbol of how the narrator is becoming more like F.?
5. What does the narrator say is proof that he and Edith loved each other in Chapter 25 of "The History of Them All"?
6. Why does the narrator call the DJ on the radio in Chapter 30 of "The History of Them All"?
7. Describe how F. and Edith die.
8. What does the narrator remember about Edith in Chapter 7 of "The History of Them All"?
9. Describe the world in which the narrator lives in the novel.
10. Explain how the Iroquois tribe lives and why it was deemed inappropriate by the French missionaries.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain what the "telephone game" is and why is this knowledge significant to the narrator.
Essay Topic 2
How does the relationship of Catherine and her uncle contribute to the overall theme of sexuality of the novel Beautiful Losers?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the character F. and his relationship to the narrator. What motivates or drives F.?
This section contains 700 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)