|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what type of environment do the Iroquois live?
2. Where does the narrator want Edith's lips to linger specifically?
3. The narrator has lost ____________.
4. What does the narrator want in Chapter 23 of "A History of Them All"?
5. What does the narrator remember about F. in Chapter 14 of "A History of Them All"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the narrator call the DJ on the radio in Chapter 30 of "The History of Them All"?
2. What happens when the narrator and F. drive to Ottawa?
3. What does the narrator burn himself with repeatedly in Chapter 24 of "A History of Them All"? Why is it significant?
4. What does the narrator begin to fear about what is happening to him in Chapter 14 of "A History of Them All" ?
5. What role does F. play in the love triangle of Edith, the narrator, and himself?
6. Describe the telephone game.
7. Explain how the Iroquois tribe lives and why it was deemed inappropriate by the French missionaries.
8. How is Chapter 10 in "The History of Them All" a symbol of how the narrator is becoming more like F.?
9. How is the red wine spilling on the table cloth disruptive like Catherine's own presence?
10. What does the narrator describe that happened to Catherine in 1664?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the beating of Catherine by her aunts and the beating of the young brave who was supposed to marry her. How are they similar, and how are they different?
Essay Topic 2
How does the relationship of Catherine and her uncle contribute to the overall theme of sexuality of the novel Beautiful Losers?
Essay Topic 3
Explain how the literal and physical state in which the narrator lives is like his own hell? What motifs recur to make this connection?
This section contains 723 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)