|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator remember about F. in Chapter 14 of "A History of Them All"?
2. When does the local priest leave Catherine Tekakwitha's village in Chapter 35 of "A History of Them All"?
3. What does the new priest massage on Catherine's body?
4. For what purpose is the plan F. uses to lose weight intended?
5. What does Catherine Tekakwitha make at her family's new home?
Short Essay Questions
1. What role does F. play in the love triangle of Edith, the narrator, and himself?
2. Describe the telephone game.
3. How does the uncle feel about his tribe by the middle of the novel?
4. What happened to the narrator at school when he was a child?
5. How is Chapter 10 in "The History of Them All" a symbol of how the narrator is becoming more like F.?
6. What does the narrator say is proof that he and Edith loved each other in Chapter 25 of "The History of Them All"?
7. How is the red wine spilling on the table cloth disruptive like Catherine's own presence?
8. Describe the world in which the narrator lives in the novel.
9. What does the narrator pray to god for in Chapter 13 of "The History of Them All"?
10. What happens at the French banquet that Catherine attends in Chapter 42 of "The History of Them All"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the behavior of the narrator in F.'s tree house and compare it to his behavior in the apartment. How does the wilderness seem to tame the narrator?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the state of the narrator at the beginning of the novel to the end. Does he make any progression? If so, explain.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the self-mortification of Catherine and her best friend Tegaigenta.
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)