|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does the narrator compare the living situations of the Iroquois?
2. What does F. purchase from his previous employer in Chapter 14 of "A History of Them All"?
3. What does F. go on a tirade about in Chapter 6 of "A History of Them All"?
4. In Chapter 15 of "A History of Them All," what does the narrator describe about Catherine Tekakwitha's family?
5. What does the narrator say his profession is in Chapter 2 of "A History of Them All"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to the narrator at school when he was a child?
2. What happens at the French banquet that Catherine attends in Chapter 42 of "The History of Them All"?
3. What does the narrator think about to distract himself from the reading that depresses him?
4. How is the red wine spilling on the table cloth disruptive like Catherine's own presence?
5. What happens to the young brave who was to marry Catherine?
6. What does F. say about men and women in the beginning of "A Long Letter from F"?
7. Who is Charles Axis?
8. What happens when the narrator and F. drive to Ottawa?
9. What does the narrator find in Edith's drawer as she and F. are shooting heroin?
10. Describe the scene with the Danish vibrator.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the enumerate miracles that ensued among the sick or injured after Catherine's death.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the possibility that F. is an alter ego of the narrator. Explain how this would change the context of the novel.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the scene where the narrator finds Edith's holy water and when the narrator finds out about the emotional intimacy Edith and F. share.
This section contains 1,132 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)