|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Catherine Tekakwitha make at her family's new home?
2. What does the priest tell Catherine in Chapter 37 of "A History of Them All"?
3. In what type of environment do the Iroquois live?
4. Who considered the living situations of the Iroquois immoral?
5. What item does Catherine give the person who enters her tent?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does the narrator go when he leaves his apartment in Chapter 45 of "A History of Them All"? What does he think about there?
2. What does the Argentine waiter do with Edith and F. at the hotel in "A Long Letter from F"?
3. What happened to the narrator at school when he was a child?
4. When does the epilogue begin, and what is happening?
5. Where do Claude and Pierre think Catherine should be buried? Where is she buried?
6. How does the uncle feel about his tribe by the middle of the novel?
7. What happens to Mary Voolnd?
8. What motivates the narrator to turn to Catherine Tekakwitha when he is in agony over the deaths of F. and Edith?
9. What is the first miraculous event to have occurred after Catherine's death?
10. What is the narrator doing in the tree house in Chapter 48 of "The History of Them All"?
Essay Topic 1
Explain why the bath from the Argentine Waiter transcends the thoughts of Edith and F.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the narrator and F.'s obsession with comic books and how this obsession shows their veneration of pop culture as a sacred entity.
Essay Topic 3
Explain how the literal and physical state in which the narrator lives is like his own hell? What motifs recur to make this connection?
This section contains 1,060 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)