|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the writing style in Chapter 17 of "A History of Them All"?
2. The narrator recalls F. painting a Greek acropolis with ___________________.
3. Where is the narrator living in this novel?
4. Why were the living situations of the Iroquois deemed immoral by some?
5. How does Edith die?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to the young brave who was to marry Catherine?
2. What does the narrator say is proof that he and Edith loved each other in Chapter 25 of "The History of Them All"?
3. What does the narrator think about to distract himself from the reading that depresses him?
4. Who is Charles Axis?
5. What happened to the narrator at school when he was a child?
6. Describe how F. and Edith die.
7. What does the narrator begin to fear about what is happening to him in Chapter 14 of "A History of Them All" ?
8. How is the red wine spilling on the table cloth disruptive like Catherine's own presence?
9. What does the narrator describe that happened to Catherine in 1664?
10. How is Chapter 10 in "The History of Them All" a symbol of how the narrator is becoming more like F.?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the state of the narrator at the beginning of the novel to the end. Does he make any progression? If so, explain.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the disruption that Catherine's conversion to Catholicism and the spilling of red wine bring among the Jesuits and members of the A---- tribe.
Essay Topic 3
Describe the character F. and his relationship to the narrator. What motivates or drives F.?
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)