|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does F. give the narrator in Chapter 18 of "A History of Them All"?
2. In Chapter 13 of "A History of Them All," what has the narrator stopped doing since he read about the plague?
3. Who enters the tent to meet Catherine in Chapter 16 of "A History of Them All"?
4. What does F. say the glancing kisses from Edith to the narrator are in Chapter 12 of "A History of Them All"?
5. In what type of environment do the Iroquois live?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the narrator describe that happened to Catherine in 1664?
2. Where do Claude and Pierre think Catherine should be buried? Where is she buried?
3. Why does the narrator call the DJ on the radio in Chapter 30 of "The History of Them All"?
4. Where does the narrator go when he leaves his apartment in Chapter 45 of "A History of Them All"? What does he think about there?
5. How does the experience with the woman who pleasures the narrator at the protest end?
6. Explain how the Iroquois tribe lives and why it was deemed inappropriate by the French missionaries.
7. When does the epilogue begin, and what is happening?
8. What does the narrator pray to god for in Chapter 13 of "The History of Them All"?
9. What happens to Catherine when she takes her oath of chastity?
10. Who is Mary Voolnd? What does she do with F.?
Essay Topic 1
Explain how the literal and physical state in which the narrator lives is like his own hell? What motifs recur to make this connection?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the disruption that Catherine's conversion to Catholicism and the spilling of red wine bring among the Jesuits and members of the A---- tribe.
Essay Topic 3
What happens when Edith is raped by a group of men? Why does the narrator justify her rape?
This section contains 1,064 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)