|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator say about F.'s personality in Chapter 14 of "A History of Them All"?
2. What has happened to the narrator's bowels by Chapter 13 of "A History of Them All"?
3. What does the narrator mention about Edith's assertion as she was being raped by a group of men?
4. What does Catherine cry out as she is being massaged?
5. What do Edith and F. do in the game they play in Question 29?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe how F. and Edith die.
2. What does the narrator burn himself with repeatedly in Chapter 24 of "A History of Them All"? Why is it significant?
3. What does the narrator begin to fear about what is happening to him in Chapter 14 of "A History of Them All" ?
4. How is Chapter 10 in "The History of Them All" a symbol of how the narrator is becoming more like F.?
5. How is the red wine spilling on the table cloth disruptive like Catherine's own presence?
6. What happens at the French banquet that Catherine attends in Chapter 42 of "The History of Them All"?
7. What does the narrator remember about Edith in Chapter 7 of "The History of Them All"?
8. Describe the world in which the narrator lives in the novel.
9. What does the narrator describe that happened to Catherine in 1664?
10. How does the uncle feel about his tribe by the middle of the novel?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the suffrage of constipation and depression the narrator is undergoing. How is this motif repeated throughout the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the intimacy of F. and Edith and the intimacy of the men and women of the tribe.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the state of the narrator at the beginning of the novel to the end. Does he make any progression? If so, explain.
This section contains 763 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)