|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the narrator nearly run the car off the road?
2. What does the narrator read about in regard to Catherine Tekakwitha in Chapter 12 of "A History of Them All"?
3. What does F. chastise the narrator for in Chapter 9 of "A History of Them All"?
4. What does F. begin to do as he and the narrator drive in Chapter 39 of "A History of Them All"?
5. What covers the narrator's apartment in Chapter 24 of "A History of Them All"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to the narrator at school when he was a child?
2. What does the narrator say is proof that he and Edith loved each other in Chapter 25 of "The History of Them All"?
3. What does the narrator begin to fear about what is happening to him in Chapter 14 of "A History of Them All" ?
4. What happens to the young brave who was to marry Catherine?
5. Describe how F. and Edith die.
6. What is significant about what F. gives to the narrator in Chapter 17 of "The History of Them All"?
7. How does the narrator feel about the group of men who raped Edith?
8. What motivates the narrator to turn to Catherine Tekakwitha when he is in agony over the deaths of F. and Edith?
9. What does the narrator pray to god for in Chapter 13 of "The History of Them All"?
10. What does the narrator read about that depresses him so much?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the suffrage of constipation and depression the narrator is undergoing. How is this motif repeated throughout the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the enumerate miracles that ensued among the sick or injured after Catherine's death.
Essay Topic 3
What happens when Edith is raped by a group of men? Why does the narrator justify her rape?
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)