|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 15 of "A History of Them All," what does the narrator describe about Catherine Tekakwitha's family?
2. What does the narrator burn himself with in Chapter 24 of "A History of Them All"?
3. What does Catherine spill at the French banquet?
4. What does the narrator begin to do incessantly in Chapter 25 of "A History of Them All"?
5. What does the narrator think about to distract himself from his depressing reading in Chapter 12 of "A History of Them All"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to the narrator at school when he was a child?
2. Describe how F. and Edith die.
3. What does the narrator begin to fear about what is happening to him in Chapter 14 of "A History of Them All" ?
4. How is the red wine spilling on the table cloth disruptive like Catherine's own presence?
5. What is significant about what F. gives to the narrator in Chapter 17 of "The History of Them All"?
6. What does the narrator describe that happened to Catherine in 1664?
7. What happens at the French banquet that Catherine attends in Chapter 42 of "The History of Them All"?
8. Describe the telephone game.
9. Describe the world in which the narrator lives in the novel.
10. What does the narrator read about that depresses him so much?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain why Cohen decides to use the female private part of Mary Voolnd as a means of communication between the living and the dead.
Essay Topic 2
Explain the significance of the old man and the half naked woman. Who are they? What is their purpose?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the behavior of the narrator in F.'s tree house and compare it to his behavior in the apartment. How does the wilderness seem to tame the narrator?
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)