|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator describe about Catherine Tekakwitha in Chapter 16 of "A History of Them All"?
2. What does the narrator think about to distract himself from his depressing reading in Chapter 12 of "A History of Them All"?
3. Where are F. and the narrator driving to in the car scene?
4. Why does the narrator nearly run the car off the road?
5. What is the condition the priest gives Catherine in Chapter 37 of "A History of Them All"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the narrator burn himself with repeatedly in Chapter 24 of "A History of Them All"? Why is it significant?
2. What is the first miraculous event to have occurred after Catherine's death?
3. What is significant about what F. gives to the narrator in Chapter 17 of "The History of Them All"?
4. How is Chapter 10 in "The History of Them All" a symbol of how the narrator is becoming more like F.?
5. When does the epilogue begin, and what is happening?
6. What does the narrator pray to god for in Chapter 13 of "The History of Them All"?
7. Where does the old man wander after he hitchhikes with the naked woman?
8. What does the narrator think about to distract himself from the reading that depresses him?
9. What happened to the narrator at school when he was a child?
10. Describe the telephone game.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the disruption that Catherine's conversion to Catholicism and the spilling of red wine bring among the Jesuits and members of the A---- tribe.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the character F. and his relationship to the narrator. What motivates or drives F.?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the behavior of the narrator in F.'s tree house and compare it to his behavior in the apartment. How does the wilderness seem to tame the narrator?
This section contains 1,128 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)