|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the note the narrator finds in F.'s fireworks instruct him to do?
2. What does the narrator recall F. saying in Chapter 4 of "A History of Them All"?
3. What happens to make Catherine flee to the forest in Chapter 16 of "A History of Them All"?
4. Where does the narrator want Edith's lips to linger specifically?
5. What did the boys and F. do to the narrator when they were in school?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the telephone game.
2. What does the narrator remember about Edith in Chapter 7 of "The History of Them All"?
3. Explain how the Iroquois tribe lives and why it was deemed inappropriate by the French missionaries.
4. What does F. buy in Chapter 14 of "The History of Them All"?
5. What role does F. play in the love triangle of Edith, the narrator, and himself?
6. What was the purpose of the note that F. left the narrator in Chapter 30 of "The History of Them All"?
7. What does the narrator describe that happened to Catherine in 1664?
8. What happened to the narrator at school when he was a child?
9. What happens to the young brave who was to marry Catherine?
10. What motivates the narrator to turn to Catherine Tekakwitha when he is in agony over the deaths of F. and Edith?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the beating of Catherine by her aunts and the beating of the young brave who was supposed to marry her. How are they similar, and how are they different?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the character F. and his relationship to the narrator. What motivates or drives F.?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the scene where the narrator finds Edith's holy water and when the narrator finds out about the emotional intimacy Edith and F. share.
This section contains 710 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)