|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is dying in Chapter 46 of "A History of Them All"?
(b) The narrator.
(d) Catherine Tekakwitha's uncle.
2. What happens to Catherine's best friend when she whips her ?
(a) She become a renewed virgin.
(b) She cries and prays to god.
(c) She nearly bleeds to death.
(d) She dies.
3. When does the first miraculous event occur after Catherine's death?
(a) An hour later.
(b) Immediately after.
(c) A week later.
(d) A month later.
4. Who argues Catherine should be buried in the church?
5. With what do F. and Edith bathe?
(a) Coconut juice.
(b) A special soap made of human skin.
(c) Dove soap.
(d) Elephant tusk.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does F. do to Edith to help bring her to an maximum pleasure in "A Long Letter from F."?
2. Whom does Catherine appear to after her death and several other times as well in Chapter 22 of "A Long Letter from F."?
3. What do the priests and Catherine's mistress try to convince of Catherine in Chapter 3 of "A Long Letter from F."?
4. What is the prayer chanted for in Chapter 49 of "A History of Them All"?
5. What does the woman who watches F. write "A Long Letter from F." invite F. to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Catherine's ailing uncle's final request of the women in the village?
2. What does the Argentine waiter do with Edith and F. at the hotel in "A Long Letter from F"?
3. How does the experience with the woman who pleasures the narrator at the protest end?
4. What does F. tell the narrator when he visits him in a dream in Chapter 50 of "The History of Them All"?
5. Where does F. drag the narrator to when he wakes him from his sleep in Chapter 47 of "The History of Them All"?
6. Who is Catherine's best friend at the village? From what does she suffer?
7. Describe the scene with the Danish vibrator.
8. What is Catherine's uncle's request of Catherine before he dies?
9. What is the narrator doing in the tree house in Chapter 48 of "The History of Them All"?
10. How does the narrator react to the appearance of F. in his dream?
This section contains 756 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)