|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does the first miraculous event occur after Catherine's death?
(a) An hour later.
(b) A week later.
(c) Immediately after.
(d) A month later.
2. What does F. consider himself and the narrator to be in "A Long Letter from F."?
(c) New Jews.
(d) New Juice.
3. What does F. find in the woman who watches him write "A Long Letter from F."?
(a) Her heart.
(b) Her soul.
(c) His letter.
4. What does Catherine ask God about human beings in Chapter 6 of "A Long Letter from F."?
(a) Where to go after she dies.
(b) Why humans must eat to survive.
(c) Why she is a saint.
(d) How to find F.
5. What does the narrator look at in Chapter 52 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) A picture of Edith.
(b) The English-Greek phrasebook.
(c) His watch.
(d) The wall.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of English is the book given to the narrator by F. written in?
2. How much time elapses between Edith's suicide and when she tries to calm the narrator down in Chapter 44 of "A History of Them All"?
3. Where does Catherine pray daily at the Mission?
4. With what do F. and Edith bathe?
5. What do Edith and F. do in Chapter 44 of "A History of Them All" that the narrator does not do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does F. find in Mary Voolnd's private part?
2. Describe what happens when the men and women gather in Chapter 49 of "The History of them All" and how others separate from the tribe view it.
3. What does the Argentine waiter do with Edith and F. at the hotel in "A Long Letter from F"?
4. What does the narrator find in Edith's drawer as she and F. are shooting heroin?
5. What does F. tell the narrator when he visits him in a dream in Chapter 50 of "The History of Them All"?
6. Who is Mary Voolnd? What does she do with F.?
7. Where does the narrator go when he leaves his apartment in Chapter 45 of "A History of Them All"? What does he think about there?
8. What is the first miraculous event to have occurred after Catherine's death?
9. What does the narrator do in Chapter 52 at the end of "The History of Them All"?
10. Who is Catherine's best friend at the village? From what does she suffer?
This section contains 766 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)