|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does F. describe the love triangle of himself, Edith, and the narrator in "A Long Letter from F."?
(a) It was confusing.
(b) It was lust, not love.
(c) It was a mystical arrangement.
(d) He loved it.
2. What does F. tell the narrator at the end of Chapter 47 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) He passed his second to last test.
(b) He feels sick.
(c) He failed his second to last test.
(d) He wants to go home.
3. What does the narrator do when Edith and F. are busy in Chapter 44?
(a) Goes outside to smoke a cigarette.
(b) Makes a phone call.
(c) Has a sandwich.
(d) Rifles through Edith's drawers.
4. Who finds the narrator among the crowd of people in Chapter 47 of "A History of Them All"?
(b) Catherine's uncle.
(c) The woman.
5. What type of English is the book given to the narrator by F. written in?
(a) Germanic English.
(b) British English.
(c) Broken English.
(d) Southern English.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Edith pleasure F. in "A Long Letter from F."?
2. What does F. comment on in Chapter 18 in regards to Catherine's death from "A Long Letter from F."?
3. What does the narrator find of Edith's that surprises him in Chapter 44?
4. What does Catherine cut herself with in the woods?
5. What does the message say that F. finds in the woman who watches him write in "A Long Letter from F".?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Catherine when she takes her oath of chastity?
2. What does F. fear he did to the narrator in "A Long Letter from F"?
3. Who is Mary Voolnd? What does she do with F.?
4. How does the narrator react to the appearance of F. in his dream?
5. Who is Catherine's best friend at the village? From what does she suffer?
6. How does the experience with the woman who pleasures the narrator at the protest end?
7. What is Catherine's uncle's request of Catherine before he dies?
8. What does Catherine's mistress and priest try to convince her of when she gets upriver?
9. What does F. tell the narrator when he visits him in a dream in Chapter 50 of "The History of Them All"?
10. Where do Claude and Pierre think Catherine should be buried? Where is she buried?
This section contains 742 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)