|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Catherine's best friend?
(d) Her mother.
2. Where does Catherine pray daily at the Mission?
(a) In bed.
(b) Her bathroom.
(d) At a cross by the river.
3. Where are Edith, F., and the narrator lying at the beginning of Chapter 44 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) Underneath a sun lamp in their apartment.
(b) Under the stars.
(c) Under a tent.
(d) Under a tree.
4. What does F. say about men in A Long Letter from F.?
(a) They shush the world.
(b) They smell bad.
(c) They are sexually attractive.
(d) He desires to be with many.
5. Who is dying in Chapter 46 of "A History of Them All"?
(b) The narrator.
(c) Catherine Tekakwitha's uncle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the priests and Catherine's mistress try to convince of Catherine in Chapter 3 of "A Long Letter from F."?
2. Who is Catherine's mistress?
3. Whom does Catherine Tekakwitha's uncle call upon in Chapter 49 of "A History of Them All"?
4. What does Edith do to calm the narrator in Chapter 44 of "A History of Them All"?
5. What is asked of Catherine in Chapter 45 of "A History of Them All"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Mary Voolnd?
2. What does F. find in Mary Voolnd's private part?
3. Who is Catherine's best friend at the village? From what does she suffer?
4. Describe what happens when the men and women gather in Chapter 49 of "The History of them All" and how others separate from the tribe view it.
5. What happens to Catherine after her uncle makes one of his final requests before he dies?
6. Where do Claude and Pierre think Catherine should be buried? Where is she buried?
7. What does the Argentine waiter do with Edith and F. at the hotel in "A Long Letter from F"?
8. Where does the narrator go when he leaves his apartment in Chapter 45 of "A History of Them All"? What does he think about there?
9. Who is Mary Voolnd? What does she do with F.?
10. What is the narrator doing in the tree house in Chapter 48 of "The History of Them All"?
This section contains 731 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)