|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who argues Catherine should be buried in the church?
2. What happens to the narrator at this event that F. forces him to go to?
(a) He runs away.
(b) A woman is extremely forward with him.
(c) He rides a ferris wheel.
(d) He kisses a man.
3. What does F. wish for the narrator to blow up?
(a) A statue of Queen Victoria.
(b) The tree house.
(c) The apartment.
4. How does Edith pleasure F. in "A Long Letter from F."?
(a) She doesn't.
(b) She sings to him.
(c) She uses the marital device on him.
(d) She whispers on his body.
5. What does F. do to Edith to help bring her to an maximum pleasure in "A Long Letter from F."?
(a) He sings to her.
(b) He reads her sexual texts without touching her.
(c) He looks at her.
(d) He strokes her with a flower petal.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Catherine ask God about human beings in Chapter 6 of "A Long Letter from F."?
2. What does Catherine's uncle ask of the individuals he calls upon?
3. Who argues Catherine should be buried at her favorite prayer location by the river?
4. What does F. consider himself and the narrator to be in "A Long Letter from F."?
5. Who says they would rather have sex with a thorn than a hunter?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe several instances of when Catherine healed or saved the sick or injured.
2. What does the Argentine waiter do with Edith and F. at the hotel in "A Long Letter from F"?
3. What is the narrator doing in the tree house in Chapter 48 of "The History of Them All"?
4. What does Catherine's mistress and priest try to convince her of when she gets upriver?
5. How does the narrator react to the appearance of F. in his dream?
6. Who is Catherine's best friend at the village? From what does she suffer?
7. Where does F. drag the narrator to when he wakes him from his sleep in Chapter 47 of "The History of Them All"?
8. What happens to Catherine when she takes her oath of chastity?
9. Where does Catherine travel to in "A Long Letter from F"?
10. How does the experience with the woman who pleasures the narrator at the protest end?
This section contains 739 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)