|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says they would rather have sex with a thorn than a hunter?
(a) Catherine's mother.
2. What does Edith do to calm the narrator in Chapter 44 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) Tells him the story of the feast.
(b) Takes him to dinner.
(c) Asks him to leave.
(d) Gives him a shoulder rub.
3. Who comes and watches F. write in "A Long Letter from F."?
(a) Mary Queen of Scott.
(c) Mary Voolnd.
(d) Vooland Martyr.
4. What does the narrator wish F. had left him instead of his possessions?
(a) F.'s memories.
(b) A movie.
(c) Edith's love.
(d) His vibrator.
5. According to F., who is obsessed with whiteness?
(c) The A --- tribe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does F. do to Edith to help bring her to an maximum pleasure in "A Long Letter from F."?
2. Who is Catherine's best friend?
3. What is the prayer chanted for in Chapter 49 of "A History of Them All"?
4. What does F. say about women in A Long Letter from F.?
5. Where does the narrator leave to go to in Chapter 44 of "A History of Them All"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where do Claude and Pierre think Catherine should be buried? Where is she buried?
2. How does the narrator react to the appearance of F. in his dream?
3. What does F. tell the narrator when he visits him in a dream in Chapter 50 of "The History of Them All"?
4. Describe what happens when the men and women gather in Chapter 49 of "The History of them All" and how others separate from the tribe view it.
5. What does F. say about men and women in the beginning of "A Long Letter from F"?
6. Describe the scene with the Danish vibrator.
7. Where does the narrator go when he leaves his apartment in Chapter 45 of "A History of Them All"? What does he think about there?
8. Describe several instances of when Catherine healed or saved the sick or injured.
9. What is Catherine's ailing uncle's final request of the women in the village?
10. What does the Argentine waiter do with Edith and F. at the hotel in "A Long Letter from F"?
This section contains 780 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)