|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does F. write "A Long Letter from F."?
(a) His store.
(b) His asylum.
(c) His apartment.
(d) His tree house.
2. Who plans to leave the asylum with F.?
(a) No one.
(c) Mary Voolnd.
(d) The narrator.
3. How does Edith pleasure F. in "A Long Letter from F."?
(a) She doesn't.
(b) She sings to him.
(c) She whispers on his body.
(d) She uses the marital device on him.
4. What does F. tell the narrator at the end of Chapter 47 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) He failed his second to last test.
(b) He passed his second to last test.
(c) He feels sick.
(d) He wants to go home.
5. When does the first miraculous event occur after Catherine's death?
(a) Immediately after.
(b) A month later.
(c) A week later.
(d) An hour later.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Catherine begin to forsake entirely?
2. What does F. do to Edith to help bring her to an maximum pleasure in "A Long Letter from F."?
3. What does Catherine's best friend say human tastes like?
4. What does F. find in the woman who watches him write "A Long Letter from F."?
5. What does F. consider himself and the narrator to be in "A Long Letter from F."?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does F. find in Mary Voolnd's private part?
2. What does Catherine's mistress and priest try to convince her of when she gets upriver?
3. What is the narrator doing in the tree house in Chapter 48 of "The History of Them All"?
4. How does the narrator react to the appearance of F. in his dream?
5. What does F. tell the narrator when he visits him in a dream in Chapter 50 of "The History of Them All"?
6. What is Catherine's ailing uncle's final request of the women in the village?
7. Describe the scene with the Danish vibrator.
8. Where does the narrator go when he leaves his apartment in Chapter 45 of "A History of Them All"? What does he think about there?
9. How does the experience with the woman who pleasures the narrator at the protest end?
10. What does the Argentine waiter do with Edith and F. at the hotel in "A Long Letter from F"?
This section contains 743 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)