|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the message say that F. finds in the woman who watches him write in "A Long Letter from F".?
(a) He is the narrators' best lover.
(b) Edith misses him.
(c) He needs to be intimate with someone.
(d) F. gave him too small of a box of fireworks.
2. What is Edith's problem in "A Long Letter from F."?
(a) She wants to be with the narrator, but F. forbids it.
(b) She hates the narrator.
(c) She is pregnant.
(d) She cannot reach her maximum pleasure.
3. What does Catherine begin to forsake entirely?
(b) Her soul.
(c) Her body.
(d) Her religion.
4. What does the narrator look at in Chapter 52 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) A picture of Edith.
(b) His watch.
(c) The wall.
(d) The English-Greek phrasebook.
5. How does F. describe the love triangle of himself, Edith, and the narrator in "A Long Letter from F."?
(a) It was a mystical arrangement.
(b) It was confusing.
(c) He loved it.
(d) It was lust, not love.
Short Answer Questions
1. What swims away into the Atlantic, according to F.?
2. What happens to Catherine at the end of Chapter 46 of "A History of Them All"?
3. Who is dying in Chapter 46 of "A History of Them All"?
4. According to F., who is obsessed with whiteness?
5. Who makes a rosary in Catherine's honor?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the narrator react to the appearance of F. in his dream?
2. What is Catherine's uncle's request of Catherine before he dies?
3. What happens to Catherine after her uncle makes one of his final requests before he dies?
4. Describe what happens when the men and women gather in Chapter 49 of "The History of them All" and how others separate from the tribe view it.
5. What does F. tell the narrator when he visits him in a dream in Chapter 50 of "The History of Them All"?
6. What is the narrator doing in the tree house in Chapter 48 of "The History of Them All"?
7. What does F. say about men and women in the beginning of "A Long Letter from F"?
8. What is Catherine's ailing uncle's final request of the women in the village?
9. Describe several instances of when Catherine healed or saved the sick or injured.
10. Where does F. drag the narrator to when he wakes him from his sleep in Chapter 47 of "The History of Them All"?
This section contains 758 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)