|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does F. wish for the narrator to blow up?
(a) A statue of Queen Victoria.
(c) The apartment.
(d) The tree house.
2. What does F. believe about the Free Quebec movement?
(a) It has gained strength.
(b) He hates it.
(c) It has grown soft.
(d) It needs to move forward.
3. Who comes and watches F. write in "A Long Letter from F."?
(b) Vooland Martyr.
(c) Mary Voolnd.
(d) Mary Queen of Scott.
4. Where are Edith, F., and the narrator lying at the beginning of Chapter 44 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) Underneath a sun lamp in their apartment.
(b) Under the stars.
(c) Under a tent.
(d) Under a tree.
5. Who are the head priests at the Mission ?
(a) Claude and Pierre.
(c) Claudio and Pesto.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to F., who is obsessed with whiteness?
2. What is the prayer chanted for in Chapter 49 of "A History of Them All"?
3. Who says they would rather have sex with a thorn than a hunter?
4. Who argues Catherine should be buried in the church?
5. What is Edith's problem in "A Long Letter from F."?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the narrator doing in the tree house in Chapter 48 of "The History of Them All"?
2. What is Catherine's ailing uncle's final request of the women in the village?
3. Describe what happens when the men and women gather in Chapter 49 of "The History of them All" and how others separate from the tribe view it.
4. What does F. fear he did to the narrator in "A Long Letter from F"?
5. Who is Mary Voolnd? What does she do with F.?
6. What happens to Catherine when she takes her oath of chastity?
7. What does F. tell the narrator when he visits him in a dream in Chapter 50 of "The History of Them All"?
8. Describe the scene with the Danish vibrator.
9. Who is Catherine's best friend at the village? From what does she suffer?
10. What does the Argentine waiter do with Edith and F. at the hotel in "A Long Letter from F"?
This section contains 759 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)