|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator find of Edith's that surprises him in Chapter 44?
(a) A bible.
(c) A vibrator.
(d) Holy Water.
2. What is Edith's problem in "A Long Letter from F."?
(a) She is pregnant.
(b) She cannot reach her maximum pleasure.
(c) She wants to be with the narrator, but F. forbids it.
(d) She hates the narrator.
3. Where does Catherine pray daily at the Mission?
(a) In bed.
(c) Her bathroom.
(d) At a cross by the river.
4. What type of English is the book given to the narrator by F. written in?
(a) Southern English.
(b) Germanic English.
(c) Broken English.
(d) British English.
5. What happens to Catherine at the end of Chapter 46 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) She is saved.
(b) She is beaten and accused of seducing her uncle.
(c) She is celebrated by her tribe.
(d) She is killed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does F. write "A Long Letter from F."?
2. When does the first miraculous event occur after Catherine's death?
3. What do Edith and F. do in Chapter 44 of "A History of Them All" that the narrator does not do?
4. How much time elapses between Edith's suicide and when she tries to calm the narrator down in Chapter 44 of "A History of Them All"?
5. What does Catherine begin to forsake entirely?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Catherine when she takes her oath of chastity?
2. What does Catherine's mistress and priest try to convince her of when she gets upriver?
3. What is Catherine's ailing uncle's final request of the women in the village?
4. How does the experience with the woman who pleasures the narrator at the protest end?
5. Who is Catherine's best friend at the village? From what does she suffer?
6. Where does F. drag the narrator to when he wakes him from his sleep in Chapter 47 of "The History of Them All"?
7. Describe several instances of when Catherine healed or saved the sick or injured.
8. Where does the narrator go when he leaves his apartment in Chapter 45 of "A History of Them All"? What does he think about there?
9. Describe what happens when the men and women gather in Chapter 49 of "The History of them All" and how others separate from the tribe view it.
10. What does F. say about men and women in the beginning of "A Long Letter from F"?
This section contains 758 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)