|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Catherine ask the priests in Chapter 12 of "A Long Letter from F."?
(a) If she can take an oath of chastity.
(b) When she will die.
(c) If she is a saint.
(d) If she is virgin.
2. How does Edith pleasure F. in "A Long Letter from F."?
(a) She doesn't.
(b) She uses the marital device on him.
(c) She whispers on his body.
(d) She sings to him.
3. What does Edith do to calm the narrator in Chapter 44 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) Takes him to dinner.
(b) Gives him a shoulder rub.
(c) Tells him the story of the feast.
(d) Asks him to leave.
4. Who is dying in Chapter 46 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) The narrator.
(c) Catherine Tekakwitha's uncle.
5. Who argues Catherine should be buried in the church?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does F. describe the love triangle of himself, Edith, and the narrator in "A Long Letter from F."?
2. Which of the following is not mentioned as a part of the book given to the narrator by F. in Chapter 52 of "A History of Them All"?
3. Where does the narrator leave to go to in Chapter 44 of "A History of Them All"?
4. What swims away into the Atlantic, according to F.?
5. Who plans to leave the asylum with F.?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does the narrator go when he leaves his apartment in Chapter 45 of "A History of Them All"? What does he think about there?
2. What is the narrator doing in the tree house in Chapter 48 of "The History of Them All"?
3. What happens to Catherine after her uncle makes one of his final requests before he dies?
4. How does the narrator react to the appearance of F. in his dream?
5. Who is Catherine's best friend at the village? From what does she suffer?
6. What is the first miraculous event to have occurred after Catherine's death?
7. Where does Catherine travel to in "A Long Letter from F"?
8. What is Catherine's uncle's request of Catherine before he dies?
9. Describe several instances of when Catherine healed or saved the sick or injured.
10. What does F. say about men and women in the beginning of "A Long Letter from F"?
This section contains 701 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)