|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Catherine Tekakwitha's uncle call upon in Chapter 49 of "A History of Them All"?
(b) All the single girls in the village.
(c) The woman of the village who are mothers.
(d) The men of the village.
2. Who plans to leave the asylum with F.?
(a) The narrator.
(b) No one.
(c) Mary Voolnd.
3. What does the message say that F. finds in the woman who watches him write in "A Long Letter from F".?
(a) He needs to be intimate with someone.
(b) He is the narrators' best lover.
(c) F. gave him too small of a box of fireworks.
(d) Edith misses him.
4. Who does F.say he dedicates most of his life to in "A Long Letter from F."?
(b) The narrator and Edith.
5. Who argues Catherine should be buried in the church?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does F. tell the narrator at the end of Chapter 47 of "A History of Them All"?
2. What does F. believe about the Free Quebec movement?
3. What does F. find in the woman who watches him write "A Long Letter from F."?
4. Whom does Catherine appear to after her death and several other times as well in Chapter 22 of "A Long Letter from F."?
5. Who argues Catherine should be buried at her favorite prayer location by the river?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the experience with the woman who pleasures the narrator at the protest end?
2. What does F. tell the narrator when he visits him in a dream in Chapter 50 of "The History of Them All"?
3. Who is Catherine's best friend at the village? From what does she suffer?
4. Where does F. drag the narrator to when he wakes him from his sleep in Chapter 47 of "The History of Them All"?
5. Describe the scene with the Danish vibrator.
6. What does Catherine's mistress and priest try to convince her of when she gets upriver?
7. What does the narrator do in Chapter 52 at the end of "The History of Them All"?
8. What does F. say about men and women in the beginning of "A Long Letter from F"?
9. What is the first miraculous event to have occurred after Catherine's death?
10. What does the Argentine waiter do with Edith and F. at the hotel in "A Long Letter from F"?
This section contains 760 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)