|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does F.say he dedicates most of his life to in "A Long Letter from F."?
(c) The narrator and Edith.
2. Who interrupts Edith and F. from their intimacy in "A Long Letter from F."?
(a) The narrator.
(b) The Argentine Waiter.
(c) Catherine's uncle.
3. Where does the narrator leave in Chapter 44 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) His filthy apartment.
4. What does Catherine's uncle ask of the individuals he calls upon?
(a) To tell him their secrets.
(b) Their ages.
(c) Their weight.
(d) Which young hunter they will sleep with that night.
5. Who is Catherine's best friend?
(c) Her mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Catherine appear to after her death and several other times as well in Chapter 22 of "A Long Letter from F."?
2. What is kept in the vile around the lady's neck who is saved from the brink of death by Catherine's crucifix?
3. What does the narrator look at in Chapter 52 of "A History of Them All"?
4. Who argues Catherine should be buried in the church?
5. What does Catherine ask God about human beings in Chapter 6 of "A Long Letter from F."?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the first miraculous event to have occurred after Catherine's death?
2. What happens to Catherine when she takes her oath of chastity?
3. Describe what happens when the men and women gather in Chapter 49 of "The History of them All" and how others separate from the tribe view it.
4. How does the experience with the woman who pleasures the narrator at the protest end?
5. How does the narrator react to the appearance of F. in his dream?
6. Who is Catherine's best friend at the village? From what does she suffer?
7. What does F. fear he did to the narrator in "A Long Letter from F"?
8. Where does Catherine travel to in "A Long Letter from F"?
9. What does the narrator find in Edith's drawer as she and F. are shooting heroin?
10. What does the narrator do in Chapter 52 at the end of "The History of Them All"?
This section contains 708 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)