|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Catherine at the end of Chapter 46 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) She is killed.
(b) She is beaten and accused of seducing her uncle.
(c) She is celebrated by her tribe.
(d) She is saved.
2. What does F. consider himself and the narrator to be in "A Long Letter from F."?
(a) New Juice.
(d) New Jews.
3. What does the message say that F. finds in the woman who watches him write in "A Long Letter from F".?
(a) F. gave him too small of a box of fireworks.
(b) He needs to be intimate with someone.
(c) Edith misses him.
(d) He is the narrators' best lover.
4. Whom does the narrator pray to in Chapter 52 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) Catherine Tekakwitha.
(b) Catherine's uncle.
5. Who is cured from gout in 1696 after praying to Catherine Tekakwitha?
(b) The narrator.
(d) A French military commander.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does F. say about men in A Long Letter from F.?
2. Where does the narrator leave to go to in Chapter 44 of "A History of Them All"?
3. How much time elapses between Edith's suicide and when she tries to calm the narrator down in Chapter 44 of "A History of Them All"?
4. Whom does Catherine appear to after her death and several other times as well in Chapter 22 of "A Long Letter from F."?
5. In Chapter 50 of "A History of Them All", where does F. eventually visit the narrator?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the experience with the woman who pleasures the narrator at the protest end?
2. What does Catherine's mistress and priest try to convince her of when she gets upriver?
3. What is the narrator doing in the tree house in Chapter 48 of "The History of Them All"?
4. Where does the narrator go when he leaves his apartment in Chapter 45 of "A History of Them All"? What does he think about there?
5. Where do Claude and Pierre think Catherine should be buried? Where is she buried?
6. What does the Argentine waiter do with Edith and F. at the hotel in "A Long Letter from F"?
7. Describe several instances of when Catherine healed or saved the sick or injured.
8. What happens to Catherine when she takes her oath of chastity?
9. Where does F. drag the narrator to when he wakes him from his sleep in Chapter 47 of "The History of Them All"?
10. What does F. find in Mary Voolnd's private part?
This section contains 777 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)