|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is kept in the vile around the lady's neck who is saved from the brink of death by Catherine's crucifix?
(a) Holy water.
(c) Mud from her grave.
(d) Her hair.
2. Where does Catherine pray daily at the Mission?
(a) At a cross by the river.
(c) In bed.
(d) Her bathroom.
3. What does the narrator wish F. had left him instead of his possessions?
(a) His vibrator.
(b) F.'s memories.
(c) Edith's love.
(d) A movie.
4. What does the narrator admit to longing for in Chapter 48 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) A dead lover.
(b) A dog as a pet.
(c) A dead religious figure.
(d) A dead wife.
5. What type of English is the book given to the narrator by F. written in?
(a) British English.
(b) Southern English.
(c) Germanic English.
(d) Broken English.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the narrator at this event that F. forces him to go to?
2. What does the message say that F. finds in the woman who watches him write in "A Long Letter from F".?
3. Who does F.say he dedicates most of his life to in "A Long Letter from F."?
4. What does Catherine ask the priests in Chapter 12 of "A Long Letter from F."?
5. In Chapter 52 of "A History of Them All," how is the book that F. gives the narrator broken down?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the first miraculous event to have occurred after Catherine's death?
2. Where does the narrator go when he leaves his apartment in Chapter 45 of "A History of Them All"? What does he think about there?
3. Where do Claude and Pierre think Catherine should be buried? Where is she buried?
4. How does the experience with the woman who pleasures the narrator at the protest end?
5. What happens to Catherine when she takes her oath of chastity?
6. What does F. say about men and women in the beginning of "A Long Letter from F"?
7. How does the narrator react to the appearance of F. in his dream?
8. Where does Catherine travel to in "A Long Letter from F"?
9. What is the narrator doing in the tree house in Chapter 48 of "The History of Them All"?
10. What happens to Mary Voolnd?
This section contains 726 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)