|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what do F. and Edith bathe?
(a) Dove soap.
(b) Coconut juice.
(c) A special soap made of human skin.
(d) Elephant tusk.
2. Who makes a rosary in Catherine's honor?
3. What does the narrator wonder as he spends his time in his new location in Chapter 44?
(a) How he wants to die himself to be with Edith and F.
(b) If he will ever talk to F. again.
(c) How he will manage without Edith alive.
(d) What is in the Top Ten lineup.
4. What happens to F.'s accomplice while trying to escape the asylum?
(a) She trips and breaks her leg.
(b) She is caught.
(c) She falls and loses her front teeth.
(d) She is attacked and mauled by dogs.
5. Where does the narrator leave to go to in Chapter 44 of "A History of Them All"?
(b) F.'s treehouse.
(c) F.'s house.
(d) Edith's grave.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is dying in Chapter 46 of "A History of Them All"?
2. In Chapter 50 of "A History of Them All", where does F. eventually visit the narrator?
3. Who finds the narrator among the crowd of people in Chapter 47 of "A History of Them All"?
4. What is the prayer chanted for in Chapter 49 of "A History of Them All"?
5. What does Lamberville, the priest, try to convince the dying person to do in Chapter 45 of "A History of Them All"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does F. say about men and women in the beginning of "A Long Letter from F"?
2. What happens to Catherine after her uncle makes one of his final requests before he dies?
3. What is the narrator doing in the tree house in Chapter 48 of "The History of Them All"?
4. Describe the scene with the Danish vibrator.
5. What does the narrator do in Chapter 52 at the end of "The History of Them All"?
6. Who is Mary Voolnd? What does she do with F.?
7. What does Catherine's mistress and priest try to convince her of when she gets upriver?
8. What is Catherine's ailing uncle's final request of the women in the village?
9. What does F. tell the narrator when he visits him in a dream in Chapter 50 of "The History of Them All"?
10. What does the narrator find in Edith's drawer as she and F. are shooting heroin?
This section contains 744 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)