|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does F. wake the narrator up for and drag him to in Chapter 47 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) A party.
(b) A protest against Queen Elizabeth.
(c) A celebration of Catherine Tekakwitha.
(d) A protest against religion.
2. What swims away into the Atlantic, according to F.?
(a) The Danish Vibrator.
(b) The Swedish Vibrator.
(c) Edith's jewelry.
(d) F.'s watch.
3. What happens in the uncle's tent at the end of Chapter 49 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) He dies.
(b) Singing and dancing.
(c) An orgy commences.
(d) A party is held.
4. According to F., who is obsessed with whiteness?
(a) The A --- tribe.
5. With what do F. and Edith bathe?
(a) Dove soap.
(b) Coconut juice.
(c) A special soap made of human skin.
(d) Elephant tusk.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Catherine Tekakwitha's uncle call upon in Chapter 49 of "A History of Them All"?
2. What type of English is the book given to the narrator by F. written in?
3. What does the woman who watches F. write "A Long Letter from F." invite F. to do?
4. Who is cured from gout in 1696 after praying to Catherine Tekakwitha?
5. Who plans to leave the asylum with F.?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the narrator react to the appearance of F. in his dream?
2. Where does F. drag the narrator to when he wakes him from his sleep in Chapter 47 of "The History of Them All"?
3. What does Catherine's mistress and priest try to convince her of when she gets upriver?
4. What is Catherine's ailing uncle's final request of the women in the village?
5. What is the narrator doing in the tree house in Chapter 48 of "The History of Them All"?
6. What does the narrator find in Edith's drawer as she and F. are shooting heroin?
7. Describe what happens when the men and women gather in Chapter 49 of "The History of them All" and how others separate from the tribe view it.
8. What does the narrator do in Chapter 52 at the end of "The History of Them All"?
9. What is the first miraculous event to have occurred after Catherine's death?
10. What happens to Catherine when she takes her oath of chastity?
This section contains 734 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)