|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to make Catherine flee to the forest in Chapter 16 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) The boy's erection.
(b) She is forced to leave her village.
(c) She is angry.
(d) She is pregnant.
2. What covers the narrator's apartment in Chapter 24 of "A History of Them All"?
3. What does the note the narrator finds in F.'s fireworks instruct him to do?
(a) Turn on the radio.
(b) Go take a shower.
(c) Turn on the lights.
(d) Go eat a steak.
4. In Chapter 15 of "A History of Them All," what does the narrator describe about Catherine Tekakwitha's family?
(a) Their journey up the Mohawk River.
(b) Their bond.
(c) The loss of their youngest son.
(d) Their harvest and crops.
5. What does the new priest massage on Catherine's body?
(a) Her back.
(b) Her arms.
(c) Her head.
(d) Her feet.
Short Answer Questions
1. F. is accredited to having a similar aura with _____________.
2. When does the local priest leave Catherine Tekakwitha's village in Chapter 35 of "A History of Them All"?
3. Who died in the asylum from syphilis?
4. What does the narrator think about to distract himself from his depressing reading in Chapter 12 of "A History of Them All"?
5. Why were the living situations of the Iroquois deemed immoral by some?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the narrator pray to god for in Chapter 13 of "The History of Them All"?
2. What happens to Catherine when she takes her oath of chastity?
3. What is the first miraculous event to have occurred after Catherine's death?
4. Describe how Catherine Tekakwitha desires to be baptized.
5. Describe how F. and Edith die.
6. Describe what happens when the men and women gather in Chapter 49 of "The History of them All" and how others separate from the tribe view it.
7. What happened to the narrator at school when he was a child?
8. Where does Catherine travel to in "A Long Letter from F"?
9. What does F. buy in Chapter 14 of "The History of Them All"?
10. What does the narrator find in Edith's drawer as she and F. are shooting heroin?
This section contains 717 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)