|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the narrator react to learning what the telephone game is in Chapter 12 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) He is jealous.
(b) He is sad.
(c) He is heartbroken.
(d) He is angered.
2. What does Catherine cry out as she is being massaged?
(a) She wants to be baptized.
(b) She wants to have children.
(d) She is a child of the lord.
3. Why does the narrator nearly run the car off the road?
(a) He was in mid chant.
(b) He was texting on his phone.
(c) He is pleasuring himself.
(d) He fell asleep.
4. What does F. purchase from his previous employer in Chapter 14 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) A textile factory.
(b) A book.
(c) His company.
(d) A boat.
5. What does F. admit about the near death experience in the car?
(a) Edith was watching over them and protected them.
(b) He wanted to die.
(c) It was sexually exciting.
(d) He and Edith arranged it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Catherine give to the person who enters her tent?
2. Who enters the tent to meet Catherine in Chapter 16 of "A History of Them All"?
3. Who considered the living situations of the Iroquois immoral?
4. Who is caught under the spell of F. in Chapter 9 of "A History of Them All"?
5. To whom does the narrator call and shout about his burns and constipation in Chapter 30 of "A History of Them All"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the world in which the narrator lives in the novel.
2. What is significant about what F. gives to the narrator in Chapter 17 of "The History of Them All"?
3. What does the narrator read about that depresses him so much?
4. How does the narrator feel about the group of men who raped Edith?
5. What role does F. play in the love triangle of Edith, the narrator, and himself?
6. What has happened to the condition of the narrator by Chapter 25 in "The History of Them All"?
7. Explain how the Iroquois tribe lives and why it was deemed inappropriate by the French missionaries.
8. Why does the narrator call the DJ on the radio in Chapter 30 of "The History of Them All"?
9. What does F. buy in Chapter 14 of "The History of Them All"?
10. What does the narrator describe that happened to Catherine in 1664?
This section contains 714 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)