|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what does the narrator compare the living situations of the Iroquois?
(a) A movie theatre at night, stifling its sexuality.
(b) The beginning days of civilization.
(c) As nice as the streets of New York City.
(d) Packed like sardines.
2. What does F. do with the narrator the night Edith dies?
(a) Kisses the narrator.
(b) Cooks for him
(c) Gives him a massage.
(d) Sits with him and comforts him.
3. What does F. give the narrator in Chapter 18 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) A Bible.
(b) A picture.
(c) An English-Greek translation book.
(d) A letter.
4. What does F. suggest to the narrator in Chapter 12 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) To leave the city.
(b) To pleasure himself.
(c) Daily intimacy.
(d) An oral act of intimacy.
5. What does the narrator inventory in Chapter 21 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) F.'s clothes.
(b) His files.
(c) His books.
(d) F.'s fireworks which were left to him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who enters the tent to meet Catherine in Chapter 16 of "A History of Them All"?
2. What does Catherine spill at the French banquet?
3. What happens to make Catherine flee to the forest in Chapter 16 of "A History of Them All"?
4. What is the condition the priest gives Catherine in Chapter 37 of "A History of Them All"?
5. What does the narrator light in Chapter 21 of "A History of Them All"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the narrator think about to distract himself from the reading that depresses him?
2. What motivates the narrator to turn to Catherine Tekakwitha when he is in agony over the deaths of F. and Edith?
3. Who is Charles Axis?
4. What does the narrator burn himself with repeatedly in Chapter 24 of "A History of Them All"? Why is it significant?
5. Why does the narrator call the DJ on the radio in Chapter 30 of "The History of Them All"?
6. What does the narrator say is proof that he and Edith loved each other in Chapter 25 of "The History of Them All"?
7. Describe how Catherine Tekakwitha desires to be baptized.
8. What does the narrator describe that happened to Catherine in 1664?
9. What happens when the narrator and F. drive to Ottawa?
10. What happens at the French banquet that Catherine attends in Chapter 42 of "The History of Them All"?
This section contains 804 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)