|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is tending to Catherine in Chapter 16 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) Her mom.
(b) Her dad.
(c) Her aunts.
(d) Her cousins.
2. Who falls in love with Catherine in Chapter 26 of "A History of Them All."
(a) Edouard Lecompte.
(b) Her uncle.
(c) A young tribal man.
(d) The narrator.
3. To whom does the narrator turn for his salvation?
(a) An Iroquois saint.
(b) His ex wife.
(c) An old lady.
(d) His grandmother.
4. What do Edith and F. do in the game they play in Question 29?
(a) They sucked each other's fingers and placed them in each other's ears.
(b) They slept together blindfolded.
(c) They whispered on each other's body.
(d) They exchanged gum.
5. What does the narrator read about in regard to Catherine Tekakwitha in Chapter 12 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) The plague that spread through her village.
(b) Her saint like qualities.
(c) Her desire to become human.
(d) Her sexuality.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is beaten and disowned by their family?
2. Who is caught under the spell of F. in Chapter 9 of "A History of Them All"?
3. What does F. admit about the near death experience in the car?
4. In Chapter 12 of "A History of Them All," what game does F. tell the narrator he and Edith play?
5. What is the narrator convinced the song he listens to in Chapter 30 of "A History of Them All" is about?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does F. say about men and women in the beginning of "A Long Letter from F"?
2. What does F. tell the narrator when he visits him in a dream in Chapter 50 of "The History of Them All"?
3. What does Catherine's mistress and priest try to convince her of when she gets upriver?
4. How does the narrator feel about the group of men who raped Edith?
5. Where does F. drag the narrator to when he wakes him from his sleep in Chapter 47 of "The History of Them All"?
6. What does the young boy ask the man in the epilogue?
7. What happens to Catherine after her uncle makes one of his final requests before he dies?
8. What is Catherine's ailing uncle's final request of the women in the village?
9. What does the narrator think about to distract himself from the reading that depresses him?
10. What does F. find in Mary Voolnd's private part?
This section contains 748 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)