|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what type of environment do the Iroquois live?
(d) Long houses.
2. What does the narrator do in Chapter 23 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) Says a prayer to God.
(b) Goes to church.
(c) Speaks incessently of Edith.
(d) Calls to F. and Edith.
3. What does the narrator long to speak publicly against in Chapter 10 of "A History of Them All"?
(b) Any repressive institution.
(c) The Candadian A--- tribe.
(d) The government.
4. When does the local priest leave Catherine Tekakwitha's village in Chapter 35 of "A History of Them All"?
5. In Chapter 13 of "A History of Them All," what has the narrator stopped doing since he read about the plague?
(c) Working and showering.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who had their hearts eaten by the Canadian tribes' chiefs?
2. What does F. say the glancing kisses from Edith to the narrator are in Chapter 12 of "A History of Them All"?
3. Who cannot find Catherine as she flees to the forest in Chapter 16 of "A History of Them All"?
4. How does the narrator react to learning what the telephone game is in Chapter 12 of "A History of Them All"?
5. What does the narrator say about F.'s personality in Chapter 14 of "A History of Them All"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens at the very end of the epilogue?
2. When does the epilogue begin, and what is happening?
3. What happens when the narrator and F. drive to Ottawa?
4. What does F. fear he did to the narrator in "A Long Letter from F"?
5. Explain how the Iroquois tribe lives and why it was deemed inappropriate by the French missionaries.
6. What happens to Catherine after her uncle makes one of his final requests before he dies?
7. Describe the telephone game.
8. What is Catherine's ailing uncle's final request of the women in the village?
9. How does the uncle feel about his tribe by the middle of the novel?
10. What happened to the narrator at school when he was a child?
This section contains 741 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)