|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does F. suggest to the narrator in Chapter 12 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) Daily intimacy.
(b) To leave the city.
(c) An oral act of intimacy.
(d) To pleasure himself.
2. What does the priest tell Catherine in Chapter 37 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) She needs to bear his child.
(b) Their way of life is coming to an end.
(c) He loves her.
(d) He is gay himself.
3. What does the narrator tell Edith in Chapter 41 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) He is angered by her infidelity.
(b) He loves her.
(c) He misses her.
(d) He hates her.
4. Where are F. and the narrator driving to in the car scene?
5. How does Edith die?
(a) She dies of a heart attack.
(b) She is crushed by the elevator shaft.
(c) She is shot.
(d) She shoots herself in the head.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is happening to the narrator by Chapter 21 of "A History of Them All"?
2. What does F. begin to do as he and the narrator drive in Chapter 39 of "A History of Them All"?
3. What does the narrator realize the purpose of the note from F. is in Chapter 30 of "A History of Them All"?
4. What body part does the narrator think about of Edith's in Chapter 12 of "A History of Them All"?
5. What does Catherine give to the person who enters her tent?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the telephone game.
2. How is Chapter 10 in "The History of Them All" a symbol of how the narrator is becoming more like F.?
3. How does the narrator feel about the group of men who raped Edith?
4. What motivates the narrator to turn to Catherine Tekakwitha when he is in agony over the deaths of F. and Edith?
5. Describe how Catherine Tekakwitha desires to be baptized.
6. What does the narrator describe that happened to Catherine in 1664?
7. The novel was written in the 1960s. How do the contents of the novel relate to that time?
8. What does the narrator say is proof that he and Edith loved each other in Chapter 25 of "The History of Them All"?
9. How does the uncle feel about his tribe by the middle of the novel?
10. What has happened to the condition of the narrator by Chapter 25 in "The History of Them All"?
This section contains 808 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)