|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator mention about Edith's assertion as she was being raped by a group of men?
(a) Edith bit her attackers.
(b) Edith screamed so loud nature aided her.
(c) Edith called to Catherine Tekakwitha for help.
(d) Edith said an old prayer that helped her to escape.
2. To what does the narrator compare the living situations of the Iroquois?
(a) As nice as the streets of New York City.
(b) The beginning days of civilization.
(c) Packed like sardines.
(d) A movie theatre at night, stifling its sexuality.
3. What is the narrator convinced the song he listens to in Chapter 30 of "A History of Them All" is about?
(a) An orgy between Gavis and his goddesses.
(b) Sex with his tribe.
(d) Love eternal.
4. To whom does the narrator turn for his salvation?
(a) An old lady.
(b) An Iroquois saint.
(c) His ex wife.
(d) His grandmother.
5. What does the narrator light in Chapter 21 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) A cigar.
(b) A fire.
(c) A cigarette.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Edith and F. do in the game they play in Question 29?
2. What does the narrator remember about F. in Chapter 14 of "A History of Them All"?
3. What is the narrator suffering from at the beginning of the book?
4. What does the narrator long to speak publicly against in Chapter 10 of "A History of Them All"?
5. What does the narrator yearn for in Chapter 33 of "A History of Them All"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe how Catherine Tekakwitha desires to be baptized.
2. What does the narrator say is proof that he and Edith loved each other in Chapter 25 of "The History of Them All"?
3. Describe how F. and Edith die.
4. How is Chapter 10 in "The History of Them All" a symbol of how the narrator is becoming more like F.?
5. What does the narrator read about that depresses him so much?
6. What happens to the young brave who was to marry Catherine?
7. What does the narrator begin to fear about what is happening to him in Chapter 14 of "A History of Them All" ?
8. What does the narrator remember about Edith in Chapter 7 of "The History of Them All"?
9. Why does the narrator call the DJ on the radio in Chapter 30 of "The History of Them All"?
10. What role does F. play in the love triangle of Edith, the narrator, and himself?
This section contains 786 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)