|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to make Catherine flee to the forest in Chapter 16 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) She is forced to leave her village.
(b) She is pregnant.
(c) She is angry.
(d) The boy's erection.
2. Who is caught under the spell of F. in Chapter 9 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) Catherine's mother.
(b) The Candadian A---- tribe.
(c) Edith and the narrator.
(d) Catherine Tekakwitha.
3. In Chapter 13 of "A History of Them All," what has the narrator stopped doing since he read about the plague?
(a) Working and showering.
4. What does F. say the glancing kisses from Edith to the narrator are in Chapter 12 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) Expressions of lust.
(d) Expressions of love.
5. What does the narrator pray to god for at the end of Chapter 13 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) For any god to help him, and he will not enter a bathroom until he can pass a stool.
(b) To have normal bowels again.
(c) To stop the bleeding.
(d) To help him grieve.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator say about F.'s personality in Chapter 14 of "A History of Them All"?
2. What is happening to the narrator by Chapter 21 of "A History of Them All"?
3. Who is the bully that kicks sand in F.'s face at the beach?
4. What does the narrator burn himself with in Chapter 24 of "A History of Them All"?
5. What does the narrator think about to distract himself from his depressing reading in Chapter 12 of "A History of Them All"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to the narrator at school when he was a child?
2. What role does F. play in the love triangle of Edith, the narrator, and himself?
3. Describe the world in which the narrator lives in the novel.
4. What does the narrator remember about Edith in Chapter 7 of "The History of Them All"?
5. How is Chapter 10 in "The History of Them All" a symbol of how the narrator is becoming more like F.?
6. The novel was written in the 1960s. How do the contents of the novel relate to that time?
7. What does the narrator begin to fear about what is happening to him in Chapter 14 of "A History of Them All" ?
8. How does the uncle feel about his tribe by the middle of the novel?
9. How does the narrator feel about the group of men who raped Edith?
10. What does the narrator think about to distract himself from the reading that depresses him?
This section contains 858 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)