|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator say about F.'s personality in Chapter 14 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) He is quick tempered.
(b) He is OCD.
(c) F.'s personality is taking over his own.
(d) He has the best personality.
2. Who does the narrator relate his own mindset to in Chapter 35 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) Catherine Tekakwitha's uncle.
(b) Catherine Tekakwitha.
3. What does the narrator begin to do incessantly in Chapter 25 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) Pleasures himself.
(c) Break things in his apartment.
(d) Washes his hands.
4. When does the local priest leave Catherine Tekakwitha's village in Chapter 35 of "A History of Them All"?
5. What is the writing style in Chapter 17 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) A haiku.
(b) A poem.
(d) A prayer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator remember about F. in Chapter 14 of "A History of Them All"?
2. The narrator recalls F. painting a Greek acropolis with ___________________.
3. Who falls in love with Catherine in Chapter 26 of "A History of Them All."
4. What is happening to the narrator by Chapter 21 of "A History of Them All"?
5. What does F. admit to the narrator the night Edith dies in Chapter 5 of "A History of Them All"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does F. tell the narrator when he visits him in a dream in Chapter 50 of "The History of Them All"?
2. How is the red wine spilling on the table cloth disruptive like Catherine's own presence?
3. What does the narrator pray to god for in Chapter 13 of "The History of Them All"?
4. What happens when the narrator and F. drive to Ottawa?
5. How is Chapter 10 in "The History of Them All" a symbol of how the narrator is becoming more like F.?
6. What does F. say about men and women in the beginning of "A Long Letter from F"?
7. When does the epilogue begin, and what is happening?
8. Describe several instances of when Catherine healed or saved the sick or injured.
9. What does F. fear he did to the narrator in "A Long Letter from F"?
10. The novel was written in the 1960s. How do the contents of the novel relate to that time?
This section contains 795 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)