|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the narrator convinced the song he listens to in Chapter 30 of "A History of Them All" is about?
(a) Sex with his tribe.
(b) An orgy between Gavis and his goddesses.
(c) Love eternal.
2. In what type of environment do the Iroquois live?
(a) Long houses.
3. In Chapter 12 of "A History of Them All," what game does F. tell the narrator he and Edith play?
(a) The lust game.
(b) The telephone game.
(c) Hide and seek.
4. What does the narrator think about to distract himself from his depressing reading in Chapter 12 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) Being intimate with Catherine.
(b) Edith's lips lingering over his body.
(c) Being intimate with F.
(d) Edith's body.
5. Who is the bully that kicks sand in F.'s face at the beach?
(a) Catherine Tekakwitha.
(b) Charles Axis.
(c) Axis Charles.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator yearn for in Chapter 33 of "A History of Them All"?
2. To whom does the narrator turn for his salvation?
3. To what does the narrator compare the living situations of the Iroquois?
4. Who is beaten and disowned by their family?
5. Who considered the living situations of the Iroquois immoral?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to the young brave who was to marry Catherine?
2. What has happened to the condition of the narrator by Chapter 25 in "The History of Them All"?
3. What does the narrator think about to distract himself from the reading that depresses him?
4. What does the narrator begin to fear about what is happening to him in Chapter 14 of "A History of Them All" ?
5. What happened to the narrator at school when he was a child?
6. What was the purpose of the note that F. left the narrator in Chapter 30 of "The History of Them All"?
7. How is the red wine spilling on the table cloth disruptive like Catherine's own presence?
8. What role does F. play in the love triangle of Edith, the narrator, and himself?
9. Explain how the Iroquois tribe lives and why it was deemed inappropriate by the French missionaries.
10. What is significant about what F. gives to the narrator in Chapter 17 of "The History of Them All"?
This section contains 747 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)