|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does the narrator turn for his salvation?
(a) His ex wife.
(b) An Iroquois saint.
(c) An old lady.
(d) His grandmother.
2. Where is the narrator living in this novel?
(a) An apartment.
(b) A room.
(c) A psychosexual hell.
(d) A barn.
3. Who enters the tent to meet Catherine in Chapter 16 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) Her mom.
(b) Her dad.
(c) A young man.
(d) A stranger.
4. Who replaces the local priest in Chapter 35 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) Catherine Tekakwitha's uncle.
(d) Jacques de Lamberville.
5. Who cannot find Catherine as she flees to the forest in Chapter 16 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) Her dad.
(b) The village priest.
(c) The young man.
(d) Her mom.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the narrator suffering from at the beginning of the book?
2. What does F. suggest to the narrator in Chapter 12 of "A History of Them All"?
3. What does F. give the narrator in Chapter 18 of "A History of Them All"?
4. What body part does the narrator think about of Edith's in Chapter 12 of "A History of Them All"?
5. What does the narrator think about in Chapter 40 of "A History of Them All" in regard to what F. said to him?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain how the Iroquois tribe lives and why it was deemed inappropriate by the French missionaries.
2. What does the narrator remember about Edith in Chapter 7 of "The History of Them All"?
3. Describe the world in which the narrator lives in the novel.
4. How is Chapter 10 in "The History of Them All" a symbol of how the narrator is becoming more like F.?
5. What does the narrator describe that happened to Catherine in 1664?
6. What has happened to the condition of the narrator by Chapter 25 in "The History of Them All"?
7. How does the uncle feel about his tribe by the middle of the novel?
8. Describe how Catherine Tekakwitha desires to be baptized.
9. What happens at the French banquet that Catherine attends in Chapter 42 of "The History of Them All"?
10. What is significant about what F. gives to the narrator in Chapter 17 of "The History of Them All"?
This section contains 752 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)