|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who enters the tent to meet Catherine in Chapter 16 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) Her mom.
(b) A stranger.
(c) A young man.
(d) Her dad.
2. What item does Catherine give the person who enters her tent?
(a) A transference of religion.
(c) Consummation of marriage.
(d) A token or appreciation.
3. Why does the narrator nearly run the car off the road?
(a) He fell asleep.
(b) He was texting on his phone.
(c) He was in mid chant.
(d) He is pleasuring himself.
4. What does the narrator say he wants to study in Chapter 3 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) Mother nature.
(b) The weather.
(c) Catherine Tekakwitha.
(d) His family lineage.
5. What does the new priest massage on Catherine's body?
(a) Her arms.
(b) Her back.
(c) Her feet.
(d) Her head.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what purpose is the plan F. uses to lose weight intended?
2. What does the narrator say his profession is in Chapter 2 of "A History of Them All"?
3. What does the narrator yearn for in Chapter 33 of "A History of Them All"?
4. In Chapter 12 of "A History of Them All," what game does F. tell the narrator he and Edith play?
5. What does F. give the narrator in Chapter 18 of "A History of Them All"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the narrator remember about Edith in Chapter 7 of "The History of Them All"?
2. What does F. buy in Chapter 14 of "The History of Them All"?
3. What role does F. play in the love triangle of Edith, the narrator, and himself?
4. What is significant about what F. gives to the narrator in Chapter 17 of "The History of Them All"?
5. What happens at the French banquet that Catherine attends in Chapter 42 of "The History of Them All"?
6. Why does the narrator call the DJ on the radio in Chapter 30 of "The History of Them All"?
7. Explain how the Iroquois tribe lives and why it was deemed inappropriate by the French missionaries.
8. Describe how F. and Edith die.
9. The novel was written in the 1960s. How do the contents of the novel relate to that time?
10. What happened to the narrator at school when he was a child?
This section contains 755 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)