|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the narrator react to learning what the telephone game is in Chapter 12 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) He is sad.
(b) He is jealous.
(c) He is angered.
(d) He is heartbroken.
2. What does F. do with the narrator the night Edith dies?
(a) Sits with him and comforts him.
(b) Cooks for him
(c) Kisses the narrator.
(d) Gives him a massage.
3. What do Edith and F. do in the game they play in Question 29?
(a) They exchanged gum.
(b) They sucked each other's fingers and placed them in each other's ears.
(c) They whispered on each other's body.
(d) They slept together blindfolded.
4. What happens to the room as Catherine disrupts the French banquet?
(a) They made her leave the banquet.
(b) Everyone fell silent.
(c) No one noticed.
(d) Everyone yelled at her.
5. What does the narrator inventory in Chapter 21 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) His books.
(b) F.'s clothes.
(c) His files.
(d) F.'s fireworks which were left to him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who had their hearts eaten by the Canadian tribes' chiefs?
2. In what type of environment do the Iroquois live?
3. In Chapter 13 of "A History of Them All," what has the narrator stopped doing since he read about the plague?
4. What plan does F. use to lose weight and gain muscle in Chapter 29 of "A History of Them All"?
5. What has happened to the narrator's bowels by Chapter 13 of "A History of Them All"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the narrator remember about Edith in Chapter 7 of "The History of Them All"?
2. What does the narrator think about to distract himself from the reading that depresses him?
3. What has happened to the condition of the narrator by Chapter 25 in "The History of Them All"?
4. Describe how F. and Edith die.
5. What role does F. play in the love triangle of Edith, the narrator, and himself?
6. What does the narrator describe that happened to Catherine in 1664?
7. How is Chapter 10 in "The History of Them All" a symbol of how the narrator is becoming more like F.?
8. What does the narrator read about that depresses him so much?
9. Describe the telephone game.
10. What does F. buy in Chapter 14 of "The History of Them All"?
This section contains 729 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)