|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who had their hearts eaten by the Canadian tribes' chiefs?
(a) French priests.
(c) Catherine's mother.
(d) Catherine Tekakwitha.
2. Who falls in love with Catherine in Chapter 26 of "A History of Them All."
(a) Edouard Lecompte.
(b) A young tribal man.
(c) Her uncle.
(d) The narrator.
3. In Chapter 15 of "A History of Them All," what does the narrator describe about Catherine Tekakwitha's family?
(a) The loss of their youngest son.
(b) Their journey up the Mohawk River.
(c) Their harvest and crops.
(d) Their bond.
4. Where is the narrator living in this novel?
(a) A barn.
(b) An apartment.
(c) A psychosexual hell.
(d) A room.
5. What does the narrator think about to distract himself from his depressing reading in Chapter 12 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) Edith's body.
(b) Being intimate with F.
(c) Being intimate with Catherine.
(d) Edith's lips lingering over his body.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator think about in Chapter 40 of "A History of Them All" in regard to what F. said to him?
2. How does Edith die?
3. What body part does the narrator think about of Edith's in Chapter 12 of "A History of Them All"?
4. What is happening to the narrator by Chapter 21 of "A History of Them All"?
5. In what type of environment do the Iroquois live?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the narrator react to the appearance of F. in his dream?
2. What happens when the narrator and F. drive to Ottawa?
3. What does F. say about men and women in the beginning of "A Long Letter from F"?
4. What does the young boy ask the man in the epilogue?
5. The novel was written in the 1960s. How do the contents of the novel relate to that time?
6. What does F. tell the narrator when he visits him in a dream in Chapter 50 of "The History of Them All"?
7. Who is Mary Voolnd? What does she do with F.?
8. Describe how Catherine Tekakwitha desires to be baptized.
9. What does the narrator begin to fear about what is happening to him in Chapter 14 of "A History of Them All" ?
10. What motivates the narrator to turn to Catherine Tekakwitha when he is in agony over the deaths of F. and Edith?
This section contains 800 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)