|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does F. admit to the narrator the night Edith dies in Chapter 5 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) Wanting to marry Edith.
(b) Loving the narrator.
(c) Sleeping with Edith.
(d) Killing Edith.
2. What do F. and the narrator eat in Chapter 18 of "A History of Them All"?
3. The narrator has lost ____________.
(a) His lover and daughter.
(b) His dad and mother.
(c) His wife and male lover.
(d) His wife and daughter.
4. Who is beaten and disowned by their family?
(a) The young man.
(b) Catherine's uncle.
5. Who replaces the local priest in Chapter 35 of "A History of Them All"?
(b) Jacques de Lamberville.
(d) Catherine Tekakwitha's uncle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator recall about Edith in Chapter 20 of "A History of Them All"?
2. Who is Catherine Tekakwitha?
3. What item does Catherine give the person who enters her tent?
4. What does Catherine give to the person who enters her tent?
5. In Chapter 12 of "A History of Them All," what game does F. tell the narrator he and Edith play?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the narrator think about to distract himself from the reading that depresses him?
2. How does the uncle feel about his tribe by the middle of the novel?
3. What happened to the narrator at school when he was a child?
4. What motivates the narrator to turn to Catherine Tekakwitha when he is in agony over the deaths of F. and Edith?
5. What does the narrator pray to god for in Chapter 13 of "The History of Them All"?
6. What has happened to the condition of the narrator by Chapter 25 in "The History of Them All"?
7. What role does F. play in the love triangle of Edith, the narrator, and himself?
8. What does the narrator say is proof that he and Edith loved each other in Chapter 25 of "The History of Them All"?
9. Describe how F. and Edith die.
10. What is significant about what F. gives to the narrator in Chapter 17 of "The History of Them All"?
This section contains 709 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)