|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Catherine Tekakwitha make at her family's new home?
(b) Crafts and wampum.
2. What does the priest tell Catherine in Chapter 37 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) He is gay himself.
(b) He loves her.
(c) Their way of life is coming to an end.
(d) She needs to bear his child.
3. In what type of environment do the Iroquois live?
(a) Long houses.
4. Who considered the living situations of the Iroquois immoral?
(a) The church.
(b) The government.
(c) Baptist missionaries.
(d) French missionaries.
5. What item does Catherine give the person who enters her tent?
(a) Consummation of marriage.
(b) A token or appreciation.
(d) A transference of religion.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does F. give the narrator in Chapter 18 of "A History of Them All"?
2. To whom does the narrator turn for his salvation?
3. What does the note the narrator finds in F.'s fireworks instruct him to do?
4. What does F. go on a tirade about in Chapter 6 of "A History of Them All"?
5. What do Edith and F. do in the game they play in Question 29?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does the narrator go when he leaves his apartment in Chapter 45 of "A History of Them All"? What does he think about there?
2. What does the Argentine waiter do with Edith and F. at the hotel in "A Long Letter from F"?
3. What happened to the narrator at school when he was a child?
4. When does the epilogue begin, and what is happening?
5. Where do Claude and Pierre think Catherine should be buried? Where is she buried?
6. How does the uncle feel about his tribe by the middle of the novel?
7. What happens to Mary Voolnd?
8. What motivates the narrator to turn to Catherine Tekakwitha when he is in agony over the deaths of F. and Edith?
9. What is the first miraculous event to have occurred after Catherine's death?
10. What is the narrator doing in the tree house in Chapter 48 of "The History of Them All"?
This section contains 736 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)