|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what purpose is the plan F. uses to lose weight intended?
(a) Skinny people to gain weight.
(b) Fit people to get fitter.
(c) Heavy people to lose weight.
(d) Bulking up.
2. What does the narrator burn himself with in Chapter 24 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) F.'s fireworks.
(b) The oven.
(c) The grill.
3. What does the narrator read about in regard to Catherine Tekakwitha in Chapter 12 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) The plague that spread through her village.
(b) Her saint like qualities.
(c) Her sexuality.
(d) Her desire to become human.
4. Who does the narrator relate his own mindset to in Chapter 35 of "A History of Them All"?
(b) Catherine Tekakwitha's uncle.
(d) Catherine Tekakwitha.
5. To what does the narrator compare the living situations of the Iroquois?
(a) As nice as the streets of New York City.
(b) The beginning days of civilization.
(c) Packed like sardines.
(d) A movie theatre at night, stifling its sexuality.
Short Answer Questions
1. The narrator has lost ____________.
2. What item does Catherine give the person who enters her tent?
3. What happens to the room as Catherine disrupts the French banquet?
4. To whom does the narrator turn for his salvation?
5. What does the narrator recall F. saying in Chapter 4 of "A History of Them All"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the telephone game.
2. How does the uncle feel about his tribe by the middle of the novel?
3. How is the red wine spilling on the table cloth disruptive like Catherine's own presence?
4. What happens at the French banquet that Catherine attends in Chapter 42 of "The History of Them All"?
5. What does the narrator say is proof that he and Edith loved each other in Chapter 25 of "The History of Them All"?
6. What happened to the narrator at school when he was a child?
7. What is significant about what F. gives to the narrator in Chapter 17 of "The History of Them All"?
8. What happens to the young brave who was to marry Catherine?
9. Explain how the Iroquois tribe lives and why it was deemed inappropriate by the French missionaries.
10. Describe how Catherine Tekakwitha desires to be baptized.
This section contains 756 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)