|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to make Catherine flee to the forest in Chapter 16 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) The boy's erection.
(b) She is pregnant.
(c) She is forced to leave her village.
(d) She is angry.
2. What do Edith and F. do in the game they play in Question 29?
(a) They exchanged gum.
(b) They sucked each other's fingers and placed them in each other's ears.
(c) They slept together blindfolded.
(d) They whispered on each other's body.
3. What does F. chastise the narrator for in Chapter 9 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) To embrace his homosexuality.
(b) To not feel guilty about their sexual activity.
(c) To stop being hypocrites.
(d) To not feel guilty about cheating on Edith.
4. Who had their hearts eaten by the Canadian tribes' chiefs?
(a) Catherine Tekakwitha.
(b) Catherine's mother.
(c) French priests.
5. What happens to the room as Catherine disrupts the French banquet?
(a) No one noticed.
(b) They made her leave the banquet.
(c) Everyone yelled at her.
(d) Everyone fell silent.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator begin to do incessantly in Chapter 25 of "A History of Them All"?
2. What item does Catherine give the person who enters her tent?
3. What does the narrator say he wants to study in Chapter 3 of "A History of Them All"?
4. What does F. admit about the near death experience in the car?
5. What does Catherine give to the person who enters her tent?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the narrator say is proof that he and Edith loved each other in Chapter 25 of "The History of Them All"?
2. Describe the world in which the narrator lives in the novel.
3. How does the narrator feel about the group of men who raped Edith?
4. Explain how the Iroquois tribe lives and why it was deemed inappropriate by the French missionaries.
5. What role does F. play in the love triangle of Edith, the narrator, and himself?
6. Why does the narrator call the DJ on the radio in Chapter 30 of "The History of Them All"?
7. What does the narrator begin to fear about what is happening to him in Chapter 14 of "A History of Them All" ?
8. What does the narrator remember about Edith in Chapter 7 of "The History of Them All"?
9. What does F. buy in Chapter 14 of "The History of Them All"?
10. What happens to the young brave who was to marry Catherine?
This section contains 786 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)