|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Edith die?
(a) She shoots herself in the head.
(b) She is shot.
(c) She is crushed by the elevator shaft.
(d) She dies of a heart attack.
2. What does the priest tell Catherine in Chapter 37 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) She needs to bear his child.
(b) He loves her.
(c) He is gay himself.
(d) Their way of life is coming to an end.
3. What is the condition the priest gives Catherine in Chapter 37 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) She needs to get married to have a child.
(b) She must leave the village to be baptized.
(c) If she is baptized, she must never leave the village
(d) She needs to ask for forgiveness because of her sexuality.
4. How does the narrator react to learning what the telephone game is in Chapter 12 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) He is angered.
(b) He is jealous.
(c) He is sad.
(d) He is heartbroken.
5. Where is the narrator living in this novel?
(a) A barn.
(b) An apartment.
(c) A room.
(d) A psychosexual hell.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator realize the purpose of the note from F. is in Chapter 30 of "A History of Them All"?
2. To what does the narrator compare the living situations of the Iroquois?
3. What does the narrator describe about Catherine Tekakwitha in Chapter 16 of "A History of Them All"?
4. What is the writing style in Chapter 17 of "A History of Them All"?
5. What does the narrator think about in Chapter 40 of "A History of Them All" in regard to what F. said to him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the narrator say is proof that he and Edith loved each other in Chapter 25 of "The History of Them All"?
2. Explain how the Iroquois tribe lives and why it was deemed inappropriate by the French missionaries.
3. How is the red wine spilling on the table cloth disruptive like Catherine's own presence?
4. How does the uncle feel about his tribe by the middle of the novel?
5. What is significant about what F. gives to the narrator in Chapter 17 of "The History of Them All"?
6. What does the narrator remember about Edith in Chapter 7 of "The History of Them All"?
7. What does the narrator pray to god for in Chapter 13 of "The History of Them All"?
8. What happens at the French banquet that Catherine attends in Chapter 42 of "The History of Them All"?
9. What happens to the young brave who was to marry Catherine?
10. Who is Charles Axis?
This section contains 846 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)