|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why were the living situations of the Iroquois deemed immoral by some?
(a) They did not attend church.
(b) The lack of privacy between sexes.
(c) The lack or upkeep on the home.
(d) They were inbred.
2. When does the local priest leave Catherine Tekakwitha's village in Chapter 35 of "A History of Them All"?
3. What does the narrator read about in regard to Catherine Tekakwitha in Chapter 12 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) Her desire to become human.
(b) Her saint like qualities.
(c) Her sexuality.
(d) The plague that spread through her village.
4. How does the narrator react to learning what the telephone game is in Chapter 12 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) He is heartbroken.
(b) He is angered.
(c) He is sad.
(d) He is jealous.
5. To whom does the narrator call and shout about his burns and constipation in Chapter 30 of "A History of Them All"?
(b) His mom.
(c) The DJ.
(d) His doctor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is caught under the spell of F. in Chapter 9 of "A History of Them All"?
2. The narrator has lost ____________.
3. The narrator recalls F. painting a Greek acropolis with ___________________.
4. What is happening to the narrator by Chapter 21 of "A History of Them All"?
5. Where are F. and the narrator driving to in the car scene?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the red wine spilling on the table cloth disruptive like Catherine's own presence?
2. What motivates the narrator to turn to Catherine Tekakwitha when he is in agony over the deaths of F. and Edith?
3. How is Chapter 10 in "The History of Them All" a symbol of how the narrator is becoming more like F.?
4. What has happened to the condition of the narrator by Chapter 25 in "The History of Them All"?
5. What happens at the French banquet that Catherine attends in Chapter 42 of "The History of Them All"?
6. What does the narrator begin to fear about what is happening to him in Chapter 14 of "A History of Them All" ?
7. What happens when the narrator and F. drive to Ottawa?
8. What is significant about what F. gives to the narrator in Chapter 17 of "The History of Them All"?
9. What does the narrator think about to distract himself from the reading that depresses him?
10. What does the narrator say is proof that he and Edith loved each other in Chapter 25 of "The History of Them All"?
This section contains 793 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)