|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator find of Edith's that surprises him in Chapter 44?
(b) A vibrator.
(c) Holy Water.
(d) A bible.
2. How does F. describe the love triangle of himself, Edith, and the narrator in "A Long Letter from F."?
(a) It was lust, not love.
(b) He loved it.
(c) It was confusing.
(d) It was a mystical arrangement.
3. What does Catherine ask the priests in Chapter 12 of "A Long Letter from F."?
(a) When she will die.
(b) If she is a saint.
(c) If she can take an oath of chastity.
(d) If she is virgin.
4. What disservice does F. say he did to the narrator in "A Long Letter from F.?"
(a) Befriended him.
(b) Gave him sexuality.
(c) Took his virginity.
(d) Immunized him of passion.
5. What happens to the narrator at this event that F. forces him to go to?
(a) He rides a ferris wheel.
(b) He kisses a man.
(c) A woman is extremely forward with him.
(d) He runs away.
6. What happens to Catherine's best friend when she whips her ?
(a) She cries and prays to god.
(b) She dies.
(c) She nearly bleeds to death.
(d) She become a renewed virgin.
7. What does Catherine cut herself with in the woods?
(b) A knife.
8. Who argues Catherine should be buried in the church?
9. What does F. believe about the Free Quebec movement?
(a) It has gained strength.
(b) It has grown soft.
(c) It needs to move forward.
(d) He hates it.
10. Where does F. write "A Long Letter from F."?
(a) His apartment.
(b) His asylum.
(c) His tree house.
(d) His store.
11. Whom does Catherine Tekakwitha's uncle call upon in Chapter 49 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) The woman of the village who are mothers.
(c) The men of the village.
(d) All the single girls in the village.
12. What does the woman who watches F. write "A Long Letter from F." invite F. to do?
(a) Lick her toes.
(b) Sing to her.
(c) Kiss her.
(d) Massage her.
13. What do the priests and Catherine's mistress try to convince of Catherine in Chapter 3 of "A Long Letter from F."?
(a) To eat.
(b) To pray.
(c) To marry a man.
(d) To have children.
14. Whom does the narrator pray to in Chapter 52 of "A History of Them All"?
(b) Catherine Tekakwitha.
(c) Catherine's uncle.
15. How does Edith pleasure F. in "A Long Letter from F."?
(a) She whispers on his body.
(b) She uses the marital device on him.
(c) She doesn't.
(d) She sings to him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Catherine ask God about human beings in Chapter 6 of "A Long Letter from F."?
2. Who is Catherine's best friend?
3. What does the narrator pledge to F. in Chapter 50 of "A History of Them All"?
4. Who interrupts Edith and F. from their intimacy in "A Long Letter from F."?
5. What does the narrator wonder as he spends his time in his new location in Chapter 44?
This section contains 539 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)