|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator find of Edith's that surprises him in Chapter 44?
(a) Holy Water.
(c) A bible.
(d) A vibrator.
2. Whom does Catherine Tekakwitha's uncle call upon in Chapter 49 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) The woman of the village who are mothers.
(b) All the single girls in the village.
(d) The men of the village.
3. How does the narrator pray with in Chapter 52 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) With deep conviction.
(b) With apathy.
(c) With shame.
(d) With sorrow.
4. When does the first miraculous event occur after Catherine's death?
(a) An hour later.
(b) A month later.
(c) A week later.
(d) Immediately after.
5. Who plans to leave the asylum with F.?
(a) No one.
(b) The narrator.
(c) Mary Voolnd.
6. Whom does the narrator pray to in Chapter 52 of "A History of Them All"?
(b) Catherine Tekakwitha.
(d) Catherine's uncle.
7. What does F. find in the woman who watches him write "A Long Letter from F."?
(a) Her soul.
(b) Her heart.
(c) His letter.
8. What does the narrator do when Edith and F. are busy in Chapter 44?
(a) Makes a phone call.
(b) Rifles through Edith's drawers.
(c) Goes outside to smoke a cigarette.
(d) Has a sandwich.
9. According to F., who is obsessed with whiteness?
(b) The A --- tribe.
10. What disservice does F. say he did to the narrator in "A Long Letter from F.?"
(a) Took his virginity.
(b) Immunized him of passion.
(c) Befriended him.
(d) Gave him sexuality.
11. What does F. wish for the narrator to blow up?
(b) The apartment.
(c) A statue of Queen Victoria.
(d) The tree house.
12. Who makes a rosary in Catherine's honor?
13. What does F. say about women in A Long Letter from F.?
(a) They hiss at the world.
(b) They smell good.
(c) They are good cooks.
(d) They are nicer than men.
14. What is Edith's problem in "A Long Letter from F."?
(a) She cannot reach her maximum pleasure.
(b) She hates the narrator.
(c) She wants to be with the narrator, but F. forbids it.
(d) She is pregnant.
15. What does F. do to Edith to help bring her to an maximum pleasure in "A Long Letter from F."?
(a) He strokes her with a flower petal.
(b) He sings to her.
(c) He looks at her.
(d) He reads her sexual texts without touching her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What swims away into the Atlantic, according to F.?
2. What does F. wake the narrator up for and drag him to in Chapter 47 of "A History of Them All"?
3. What does the narrator look at in Chapter 52 of "A History of Them All"?
4. What does Catherine begin to forsake entirely?
5. How does Edith pleasure F. in "A Long Letter from F."?
This section contains 492 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)