|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Catherine pray daily at the Mission?
(a) In bed.
(c) At a cross by the river.
(d) Her bathroom.
2. What disservice does F. say he did to the narrator in "A Long Letter from F.?"
(a) Befriended him.
(b) Gave him sexuality.
(c) Took his virginity.
(d) Immunized him of passion.
3. How much time elapses between Edith's suicide and when she tries to calm the narrator down in Chapter 44 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) A week.
(b) Three days.
(c) Twelve hours.
(d) A month.
4. What does F. wake the narrator up for and drag him to in Chapter 47 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) A party.
(b) A celebration of Catherine Tekakwitha.
(c) A protest against Queen Elizabeth.
(d) A protest against religion.
5. What does F. say about men in A Long Letter from F.?
(a) They shush the world.
(b) They smell bad.
(c) He desires to be with many.
(d) They are sexually attractive.
6. What does Catherine ask the priests in Chapter 12 of "A Long Letter from F."?
(a) If she can take an oath of chastity.
(b) If she is a saint.
(c) If she is virgin.
(d) When she will die.
7. Who comes and watches F. write in "A Long Letter from F."?
(a) Mary Voolnd.
(b) Vooland Martyr.
(d) Mary Queen of Scott.
8. Which of the following is not mentioned as a part of the book given to the narrator by F. in Chapter 52 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) Post offices.
(b) Barber shops.
(d) Dry cleaners.
9. What does F. believe about the Free Quebec movement?
(a) It has grown soft.
(b) It needs to move forward.
(c) It has gained strength.
(d) He hates it.
10. What does the message say that F. finds in the woman who watches him write in "A Long Letter from F".?
(a) He is the narrators' best lover.
(b) Edith misses him.
(c) He needs to be intimate with someone.
(d) F. gave him too small of a box of fireworks.
11. Who is cured from gout in 1696 after praying to Catherine Tekakwitha?
(b) The narrator.
(c) A French military commander.
12. What happens to the narrator at this event that F. forces him to go to?
(a) A woman is extremely forward with him.
(b) He runs away.
(c) He kisses a man.
(d) He rides a ferris wheel.
13. Who makes a rosary in Catherine's honor?
14. What is the narrator singing in F.'s tree house?
(a) Hit Parade Songs.
(b) Otis Redding.
(c) Top 40's.
(d) Yankee Doodle.
15. Where does F. write "A Long Letter from F."?
(a) His asylum.
(b) His store.
(c) His tree house.
(d) His apartment.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Edith's problem in "A Long Letter from F."?
2. What does Catherine ask God about human beings in Chapter 6 of "A Long Letter from F."?
3. What does the narrator do when Edith and F. are busy in Chapter 44?
4. Who plans to leave the asylum with F.?
5. What happens to F.'s accomplice while trying to escape the asylum?
This section contains 559 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)