|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does F. say about men in A Long Letter from F.?
(a) They are sexually attractive.
(b) They shush the world.
(c) They smell bad.
(d) He desires to be with many.
2. What do Edith and F. do in Chapter 44 of "A History of Them All" that the narrator does not do?
(a) Take a shower.
(b) Shoot heroine.
(c) Eat dinner.
(d) Be intimate.
3. Who argues Catherine should be buried at her favorite prayer location by the river?
4. What does Catherine begin to forsake entirely?
(b) Her body.
(c) Her soul.
(d) Her religion.
5. What does F. believe about the Free Quebec movement?
(a) It has gained strength.
(b) He hates it.
(c) It needs to move forward.
(d) It has grown soft.
6. According to F., who is obsessed with whiteness?
(d) The A --- tribe.
7. What happens to F.'s accomplice while trying to escape the asylum?
(a) She falls and loses her front teeth.
(b) She trips and breaks her leg.
(c) She is attacked and mauled by dogs.
(d) She is caught.
8. Whom does Catherine Tekakwitha's uncle call upon in Chapter 49 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) The men of the village.
(c) The woman of the village who are mothers.
(d) All the single girls in the village.
9. What disservice does F. say he did to the narrator in "A Long Letter from F.?"
(a) Gave him sexuality.
(b) Took his virginity.
(c) Immunized him of passion.
(d) Befriended him.
10. Who makes a rosary in Catherine's honor?
11. Whom does Catherine appear to after her death and several other times as well in Chapter 22 of "A Long Letter from F."?
12. Who says they would rather have sex with a thorn than a hunter?
(a) Catherine's mother.
13. When does the first miraculous event occur after Catherine's death?
(a) A week later.
(b) An hour later.
(c) A month later.
(d) Immediately after.
14. How does F. describe the love triangle of himself, Edith, and the narrator in "A Long Letter from F."?
(a) It was a mystical arrangement.
(b) It was lust, not love.
(c) It was confusing.
(d) He loved it.
15. What does the woman who watches F. write "A Long Letter from F." invite F. to do?
(a) Lick her toes.
(b) Kiss her.
(c) Sing to her.
(d) Massage her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of English is the book given to the narrator by F. written in?
2. Who is Catherine's best friend?
3. What is asked of Catherine in Chapter 45 of "A History of Them All"?
4. Where does the narrator leave in Chapter 44 of "A History of Them All"?
5. What does F. tell the narrator at the end of Chapter 47 of "A History of Them All"?
This section contains 486 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)