|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 50 of "A History of Them All", where does F. eventually visit the narrator?
(a) His tree house.
(b) His dreams.
(c) His apartment.
(d) A tent.
2. Who is Catherine's mistress?
(b) Her mother.
3. What does Catherine's uncle ask of the individuals he calls upon?
(a) To tell him their secrets.
(b) Their ages.
(c) Their weight.
(d) Which young hunter they will sleep with that night.
4. What is asked of Catherine in Chapter 45 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) To strip naked.
(b) To pray.
(c) To be intimate with the narrator.
(d) To eat a steak.
5. What does F. say about women in A Long Letter from F.?
(a) They are nicer than men.
(b) They hiss at the world.
(c) They are good cooks.
(d) They smell good.
6. What does F. consider himself and the narrator to be in "A Long Letter from F."?
(a) New Juice.
(b) New Jews.
7. What does the narrator wish F. had left him instead of his possessions?
(a) A movie.
(b) His vibrator.
(c) Edith's love.
(d) F.'s memories.
8. What does F. say about men in A Long Letter from F.?
(a) He desires to be with many.
(b) They smell bad.
(c) They shush the world.
(d) They are sexually attractive.
9. What does the narrator find of Edith's that surprises him in Chapter 44?
(a) Holy Water.
(b) A bible.
(d) A vibrator.
10. Who argues Catherine should be buried at her favorite prayer location by the river?
11. Whom does Catherine Tekakwitha's uncle call upon in Chapter 49 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) The men of the village.
(b) The woman of the village who are mothers.
(d) All the single girls in the village.
12. Who is cured from gout in 1696 after praying to Catherine Tekakwitha?
(a) A French military commander.
(c) The narrator.
13. Where does F. write "A Long Letter from F."?
(a) His apartment.
(b) His tree house.
(c) His asylum.
(d) His store.
14. According to F., who is obsessed with whiteness?
(c) The A --- tribe.
15. What happens to Catherine's face after her death?
(a) It turns black.
(b) It becomes like an angel.
(c) It sinks in.
(d) It turns white, and her skin is healed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Catherine at the end of Chapter 46 of "A History of Them All"?
2. How does F. describe the love triangle of himself, Edith, and the narrator in "A Long Letter from F."?
3. What is the narrator singing in F.'s tree house?
4. What type of English is the book given to the narrator by F. written in?
5. What does the message say that F. finds in the woman who watches him write in "A Long Letter from F".?
This section contains 504 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)