|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who argues Catherine should be buried in the church?
2. What happens to Catherine's face after her death?
(a) It becomes like an angel.
(b) It turns black.
(c) It turns white, and her skin is healed.
(d) It sinks in.
3. What does the narrator find of Edith's that surprises him in Chapter 44?
(a) A vibrator.
(b) Holy Water.
(c) A bible.
4. In Chapter 52 of "A History of Them All," how is the book that F. gives the narrator broken down?
(a) Categorized conversations.
5. Who argues Catherine should be buried at her favorite prayer location by the river?
6. What does Catherine's best friend say human tastes like?
7. Who interrupts Edith and F. from their intimacy in "A Long Letter from F."?
(a) The Argentine Waiter.
(b) The narrator.
(d) Catherine's uncle.
8. What does the message say that F. finds in the woman who watches him write in "A Long Letter from F".?
(a) He needs to be intimate with someone.
(b) F. gave him too small of a box of fireworks.
(c) He is the narrators' best lover.
(d) Edith misses him.
9. What does the narrator look at in Chapter 52 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) The wall.
(b) The English-Greek phrasebook.
(c) A picture of Edith.
(d) His watch.
10. How much time elapses between Edith's suicide and when she tries to calm the narrator down in Chapter 44 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) A month.
(b) A week.
(c) Three days.
(d) Twelve hours.
11. Whom does the narrator pray to in Chapter 52 of "A History of Them All"?
(b) Catherine Tekakwitha.
(c) Catherine's uncle.
12. What does the narrator wish F. had left him instead of his possessions?
(a) A movie.
(b) Edith's love.
(c) His vibrator.
(d) F.'s memories.
13. When does the first miraculous event occur after Catherine's death?
(a) An hour later.
(b) Immediately after.
(c) A week later.
(d) A month later.
14. What does Lamberville, the priest, try to convince the dying person to do in Chapter 45 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) To accept Jesus Christ.
(b) To take communion.
(c) To repent.
(d) To eat one last meal.
15. Where does F. write "A Long Letter from F."?
(a) His tree house.
(b) His apartment.
(c) His asylum.
(d) His store.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does F. tell the narrator at the end of Chapter 47 of "A History of Them All"?
2. What is kept in the vile around the lady's neck who is saved from the brink of death by Catherine's crucifix?
3. Who says they would rather have sex with a thorn than a hunter?
4. What does F. say about women in A Long Letter from F.?
5. What does the narrator do when Edith and F. are busy in Chapter 44?
This section contains 502 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)