|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 52 of "A History of Them All," how is the book that F. gives the narrator broken down?
(b) Categorized conversations.
2. What does the message say that F. finds in the woman who watches him write in "A Long Letter from F".?
(a) Edith misses him.
(b) He needs to be intimate with someone.
(c) F. gave him too small of a box of fireworks.
(d) He is the narrators' best lover.
3. Who is dying in Chapter 46 of "A History of Them All"?
(b) Catherine Tekakwitha's uncle.
(d) The narrator.
4. What is the narrator singing in F.'s tree house?
(a) Top 40's.
(b) Otis Redding.
(c) Hit Parade Songs.
(d) Yankee Doodle.
5. What is Edith's problem in "A Long Letter from F."?
(a) She wants to be with the narrator, but F. forbids it.
(b) She hates the narrator.
(c) She is pregnant.
(d) She cannot reach her maximum pleasure.
6. Which of the following is not mentioned as a part of the book given to the narrator by F. in Chapter 52 of "A History of Them All"?
(b) Barber shops.
(c) Dry cleaners.
(d) Post offices.
7. What does Edith do to calm the narrator in Chapter 44 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) Asks him to leave.
(b) Gives him a shoulder rub.
(c) Tells him the story of the feast.
(d) Takes him to dinner.
8. According to F., who is obsessed with whiteness?
(c) The A --- tribe.
9. What does F. say about women in A Long Letter from F.?
(a) They smell good.
(b) They are good cooks.
(c) They hiss at the world.
(d) They are nicer than men.
10. What does F. believe about the Free Quebec movement?
(a) It needs to move forward.
(b) He hates it.
(c) It has grown soft.
(d) It has gained strength.
11. What does the narrator wonder as he spends his time in his new location in Chapter 44?
(a) What is in the Top Ten lineup.
(b) If he will ever talk to F. again.
(c) How he wants to die himself to be with Edith and F.
(d) How he will manage without Edith alive.
12. What type of English is the book given to the narrator by F. written in?
(a) Germanic English.
(b) Broken English.
(c) British English.
(d) Southern English.
13. What does Catherine ask the priests in Chapter 12 of "A Long Letter from F."?
(a) If she is a saint.
(b) If she can take an oath of chastity.
(c) When she will die.
(d) If she is virgin.
14. What does F. use to bring Edith to her maximum orgasm in "A Long Letter from F."?
(b) A Swedish Vibrator.
(c) A Danish Vibrator.
15. What disservice does F. say he did to the narrator in "A Long Letter from F.?"
(a) Immunized him of passion.
(b) Took his virginity.
(c) Befriended him.
(d) Gave him sexuality.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says they would rather have sex with a thorn than a hunter?
2. Where does the narrator leave in Chapter 44 of "A History of Them All"?
3. Who argues Catherine should be buried in the church?
4. What happened to Catherine's best friend's husband?
5. What does the narrator wish F. had left him instead of his possessions?
This section contains 545 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)