|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to F., who is obsessed with whiteness?
(a) The A --- tribe.
2. Where does the narrator leave to go to in Chapter 44 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) F.'s treehouse.
(b) F.'s house.
(d) Edith's grave.
3. What happens to Catherine's best friend when she whips her ?
(a) She dies.
(b) She become a renewed virgin.
(c) She nearly bleeds to death.
(d) She cries and prays to god.
4. How does Edith pleasure F. in "A Long Letter from F."?
(a) She uses the marital device on him.
(b) She whispers on his body.
(c) She doesn't.
(d) She sings to him.
5. Whom does the narrator pray to in Chapter 52 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) Catherine's uncle.
(d) Catherine Tekakwitha.
6. Who makes a rosary in Catherine's honor?
7. Who plans to leave the asylum with F.?
(a) The narrator.
(b) Mary Voolnd.
(d) No one.
8. What does the narrator find of Edith's that surprises him in Chapter 44?
(a) Holy Water.
(b) A bible.
(d) A vibrator.
9. What does the narrator do when Edith and F. are busy in Chapter 44?
(a) Makes a phone call.
(b) Rifles through Edith's drawers.
(c) Has a sandwich.
(d) Goes outside to smoke a cigarette.
10. How does F. describe the love triangle of himself, Edith, and the narrator in "A Long Letter from F."?
(a) It was confusing.
(b) It was a mystical arrangement.
(c) He loved it.
(d) It was lust, not love.
11. What does F. find in the woman who watches him write "A Long Letter from F."?
(b) His letter.
(c) Her soul.
(d) Her heart.
12. Whom does Catherine appear to after her death and several other times as well in Chapter 22 of "A Long Letter from F."?
13. What does Catherine's uncle ask of the individuals he calls upon?
(a) Their weight.
(b) Which young hunter they will sleep with that night.
(c) Their ages.
(d) To tell him their secrets.
14. Who argues Catherine should be buried at her favorite prayer location by the river?
15. Which of the following is not mentioned as a part of the book given to the narrator by F. in Chapter 52 of "A History of Them All"?
(b) Barber shops.
(c) Dry cleaners.
(d) Post offices.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to Catherine's best friend's husband?
2. What does the narrator wish F. had left him instead of his possessions?
3. In Chapter 52 of "A History of Them All," how is the book that F. gives the narrator broken down?
4. What type of English is the book given to the narrator by F. written in?
5. What does Lamberville, the priest, try to convince the dying person to do in Chapter 45 of "A History of Them All"?
This section contains 492 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)