|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who argues Catherine should be buried in the church?
2. How does F. describe the love triangle of himself, Edith, and the narrator in "A Long Letter from F."?
(a) It was a mystical arrangement.
(b) It was confusing.
(c) He loved it.
(d) It was lust, not love.
3. What does F. say about women in A Long Letter from F.?
(a) They are nicer than men.
(b) They smell good.
(c) They hiss at the world.
(d) They are good cooks.
4. What do Edith and F. do in Chapter 44 of "A History of Them All" that the narrator does not do?
(a) Eat dinner.
(b) Shoot heroine.
(c) Take a shower.
(d) Be intimate.
5. Who plans to leave the asylum with F.?
(a) No one.
(b) The narrator.
(c) Mary Voolnd.
6. What does Catherine's best friend say human tastes like?
7. How does Edith pleasure F. in "A Long Letter from F."?
(a) She uses the marital device on him.
(b) She whispers on his body.
(c) She doesn't.
(d) She sings to him.
8. What does the narrator pledge to F. in Chapter 50 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) His honor.
(b) His hatred.
(c) His obediance after he dies.
(d) His love and fidelity.
9. Where does F. write "A Long Letter from F."?
(a) His tree house.
(b) His store.
(c) His apartment.
(d) His asylum.
10. Whom does Catherine appear to after her death and several other times as well in Chapter 22 of "A Long Letter from F."?
11. What does F. consider himself and the narrator to be in "A Long Letter from F."?
(b) New Jews.
(c) New Juice.
12. What is the narrator singing in F.'s tree house?
(a) Hit Parade Songs.
(b) Yankee Doodle.
(c) Top 40's.
(d) Otis Redding.
13. What happens to the narrator at this event that F. forces him to go to?
(a) He rides a ferris wheel.
(b) A woman is extremely forward with him.
(c) He kisses a man.
(d) He runs away.
14. Who is Catherine's best friend?
(a) Her mother.
15. Who does F.say he dedicates most of his life to in "A Long Letter from F."?
(a) The narrator and Edith.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who interrupts Edith and F. from their intimacy in "A Long Letter from F."?
2. When does the first miraculous event occur after Catherine's death?
3. Who is dying in Chapter 46 of "A History of Them All"?
4. Who is Catherine's mistress?
5. Who makes a rosary in Catherine's honor?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)