|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are Edith, F., and the narrator lying at the beginning of Chapter 44 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) Underneath a sun lamp in their apartment.
(b) Under a tree.
(c) Under the stars.
(d) Under a tent.
2. Who is Catherine's best friend?
(d) Her mother.
3. According to F., who is obsessed with whiteness?
(a) The A --- tribe.
4. What happened to Catherine's best friend's husband?
(a) He was hunted and killed.
(b) He was eaten by his tribe for lack of food.
(c) He was removed from the tribe.
(d) He was raped.
5. What do Edith and F. do in Chapter 44 of "A History of Them All" that the narrator does not do?
(a) Be intimate.
(b) Eat dinner.
(c) Shoot heroine.
(d) Take a shower.
6. What is asked of Catherine in Chapter 45 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) To strip naked.
(b) To eat a steak.
(c) To be intimate with the narrator.
(d) To pray.
7. What does F. tell the narrator at the end of Chapter 47 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) He failed his second to last test.
(b) He wants to go home.
(c) He passed his second to last test.
(d) He feels sick.
8. What is kept in the vile around the lady's neck who is saved from the brink of death by Catherine's crucifix?
(b) Holy water.
(c) Her hair.
(d) Mud from her grave.
9. What does the narrator admit to longing for in Chapter 48 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) A dead wife.
(b) A dead lover.
(c) A dog as a pet.
(d) A dead religious figure.
10. What does F. find in the woman who watches him write "A Long Letter from F."?
(a) Her heart.
(b) Her soul.
(d) His letter.
11. What does Edith do to calm the narrator in Chapter 44 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) Tells him the story of the feast.
(b) Gives him a shoulder rub.
(c) Asks him to leave.
(d) Takes him to dinner.
12. What happens in the uncle's tent at the end of Chapter 49 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) An orgy commences.
(b) He dies.
(c) Singing and dancing.
(d) A party is held.
13. Where does Catherine pray daily at the Mission?
(a) Her bathroom.
(b) In bed.
(c) At a cross by the river.
14. What does the woman who watches F. write "A Long Letter from F." invite F. to do?
(a) Sing to her.
(b) Massage her.
(c) Kiss her.
(d) Lick her toes.
15. What does F. do to Edith to help bring her to an maximum pleasure in "A Long Letter from F."?
(a) He strokes her with a flower petal.
(b) He looks at her.
(c) He sings to her.
(d) He reads her sexual texts without touching her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does F. say about women in A Long Letter from F.?
2. Whom does Catherine appear to after her death and several other times as well in Chapter 22 of "A Long Letter from F."?
3. What does F. say about men in A Long Letter from F.?
4. What does the narrator wonder as he spends his time in his new location in Chapter 44?
5. Who says they would rather have sex with a thorn than a hunter?
This section contains 577 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)