|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the woman who watches F. write "A Long Letter from F." invite F. to do?
(a) Sing to her.
(b) Lick her toes.
(c) Kiss her.
(d) Massage her.
2. What does the narrator wonder as he spends his time in his new location in Chapter 44?
(a) How he wants to die himself to be with Edith and F.
(b) How he will manage without Edith alive.
(c) What is in the Top Ten lineup.
(d) If he will ever talk to F. again.
3. What does Lamberville, the priest, try to convince the dying person to do in Chapter 45 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) To eat one last meal.
(b) To repent.
(c) To take communion.
(d) To accept Jesus Christ.
4. What type of English is the book given to the narrator by F. written in?
(a) British English.
(b) Germanic English.
(c) Southern English.
(d) Broken English.
5. Whom does the narrator pray to in Chapter 52 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) Catherine's uncle.
(d) Catherine Tekakwitha.
6. Which of the following is not mentioned as a part of the book given to the narrator by F. in Chapter 52 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) Barber shops.
(b) Post offices.
(c) Dry cleaners.
7. What does the message say that F. finds in the woman who watches him write in "A Long Letter from F".?
(a) He is the narrators' best lover.
(b) F. gave him too small of a box of fireworks.
(c) He needs to be intimate with someone.
(d) Edith misses him.
8. What does the narrator look at in Chapter 52 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) The wall.
(b) The English-Greek phrasebook.
(c) His watch.
(d) A picture of Edith.
9. Where does F. write "A Long Letter from F."?
(a) His store.
(b) His tree house.
(c) His apartment.
(d) His asylum.
10. Who is cured from gout in 1696 after praying to Catherine Tekakwitha?
(c) A French military commander.
(d) The narrator.
11. What is Edith's problem in "A Long Letter from F."?
(a) She cannot reach her maximum pleasure.
(b) She wants to be with the narrator, but F. forbids it.
(c) She hates the narrator.
(d) She is pregnant.
12. What happens to F.'s accomplice while trying to escape the asylum?
(a) She falls and loses her front teeth.
(b) She trips and breaks her leg.
(c) She is caught.
(d) She is attacked and mauled by dogs.
13. With what do F. and Edith bathe?
(a) A special soap made of human skin.
(b) Elephant tusk.
(c) Coconut juice.
(d) Dove soap.
14. In Chapter 52 of "A History of Them All," how is the book that F. gives the narrator broken down?
(c) Categorized conversations.
15. What is the prayer chanted for in Chapter 49 of "A History of Them All"?
(d) Religious acceptance.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the narrator pray with in Chapter 52 of "A History of Them All"?
2. What does F. wake the narrator up for and drag him to in Chapter 47 of "A History of Them All"?
3. Who finds the narrator among the crowd of people in Chapter 47 of "A History of Them All"?
4. When does the first miraculous event occur after Catherine's death?
5. What does Catherine ask God about human beings in Chapter 6 of "A Long Letter from F."?
This section contains 570 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)