|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator look at in Chapter 52 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) A picture of Edith.
(b) The wall.
(c) His watch.
(d) The English-Greek phrasebook.
2. What does F. consider himself and the narrator to be in "A Long Letter from F."?
(a) New Juice.
(d) New Jews.
3. What happens in the uncle's tent at the end of Chapter 49 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) An orgy commences.
(b) A party is held.
(c) Singing and dancing.
(d) He dies.
4. What does the woman who watches F. write "A Long Letter from F." invite F. to do?
(a) Lick her toes.
(b) Massage her.
(c) Kiss her.
(d) Sing to her.
5. What does F. find in the woman who watches him write "A Long Letter from F."?
(b) His letter.
(c) Her soul.
(d) Her heart.
6. What is the prayer chanted for in Chapter 49 of "A History of Them All"?
(b) Religious acceptance.
7. What does Edith do to calm the narrator in Chapter 44 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) Tells him the story of the feast.
(b) Gives him a shoulder rub.
(c) Asks him to leave.
(d) Takes him to dinner.
8. What does Catherine cut herself with in the woods?
(d) A knife.
9. What happens just before the narrator reaches his maximum pleasure in Chapter 47 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) The crowd disperses.
(b) The narrator screams.
(c) The woman vanishes.
(d) The narrator breaks out in hives.
10. What does the narrator admit to longing for in Chapter 48 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) A dead lover.
(b) A dead wife.
(c) A dead religious figure.
(d) A dog as a pet.
11. Which of the following is not mentioned as a part of the book given to the narrator by F. in Chapter 52 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) Post offices.
(c) Dry cleaners.
(d) Barber shops.
12. How does the narrator pray with in Chapter 52 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) With apathy.
(b) With sorrow.
(c) With shame.
(d) With deep conviction.
13. Where does F. write "A Long Letter from F."?
(a) His tree house.
(b) His asylum.
(c) His store.
(d) His apartment.
14. How does F. describe the love triangle of himself, Edith, and the narrator in "A Long Letter from F."?
(a) It was confusing.
(b) It was lust, not love.
(c) He loved it.
(d) It was a mystical arrangement.
15. What is asked of Catherine in Chapter 45 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) To pray.
(b) To strip naked.
(c) To eat a steak.
(d) To be intimate with the narrator.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does F. believe about the Free Quebec movement?
2. Who comes and watches F. write in "A Long Letter from F."?
3. Who plans to leave the asylum with F.?
4. What does Catherine begin to forsake entirely?
5. What does Catherine's uncle ask of the individuals he calls upon?
This section contains 502 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)