|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Catherine's mistress?
(a) Her mother.
2. What does Lamberville, the priest, try to convince the dying person to do in Chapter 45 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) To repent.
(b) To take communion.
(c) To eat one last meal.
(d) To accept Jesus Christ.
3. Who argues Catherine should be buried at her favorite prayer location by the river?
4. According to F., who is obsessed with whiteness?
(b) The A --- tribe.
5. How much time elapses between Edith's suicide and when she tries to calm the narrator down in Chapter 44 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) Three days.
(b) Twelve hours.
(c) A week.
(d) A month.
6. When does the first miraculous event occur after Catherine's death?
(a) A week later.
(b) An hour later.
(c) A month later.
(d) Immediately after.
7. Who interrupts Edith and F. from their intimacy in "A Long Letter from F."?
(b) Catherine's uncle.
(c) The Argentine Waiter.
(d) The narrator.
8. What does Catherine's uncle ask of the individuals he calls upon?
(a) Their ages.
(b) To tell him their secrets.
(c) Which young hunter they will sleep with that night.
(d) Their weight.
9. What happens to F.'s accomplice while trying to escape the asylum?
(a) She is caught.
(b) She trips and breaks her leg.
(c) She falls and loses her front teeth.
(d) She is attacked and mauled by dogs.
10. What does F. use to bring Edith to her maximum orgasm in "A Long Letter from F."?
(a) A Swedish Vibrator.
(b) A Danish Vibrator.
11. What does F. tell the narrator at the end of Chapter 47 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) He failed his second to last test.
(b) He passed his second to last test.
(c) He wants to go home.
(d) He feels sick.
12. Who is cured from gout in 1696 after praying to Catherine Tekakwitha?
(c) The narrator.
(d) A French military commander.
13. Where does F. write "A Long Letter from F."?
(a) His asylum.
(b) His apartment.
(c) His store.
(d) His tree house.
14. What does F. wake the narrator up for and drag him to in Chapter 47 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) A party.
(b) A celebration of Catherine Tekakwitha.
(c) A protest against religion.
(d) A protest against Queen Elizabeth.
15. What happens to the narrator at this event that F. forces him to go to?
(a) A woman is extremely forward with him.
(b) He rides a ferris wheel.
(c) He kisses a man.
(d) He runs away.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Catherine begin to forsake entirely?
2. Where does the narrator leave to go to in Chapter 44 of "A History of Them All"?
3. Which of the following is not mentioned as a part of the book given to the narrator by F. in Chapter 52 of "A History of Them All"?
4. What is kept in the vile around the lady's neck who is saved from the brink of death by Catherine's crucifix?
5. Who does F.say he dedicates most of his life to in "A Long Letter from F."?
This section contains 514 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)