|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Catherine's uncle ask of the individuals he calls upon?
(a) Which young hunter they will sleep with that night.
(b) Their weight.
(c) To tell him their secrets.
(d) Their ages.
2. Who plans to leave the asylum with F.?
(a) Mary Voolnd.
(c) No one.
(d) The narrator.
3. Who is Catherine's best friend?
(d) Her mother.
4. Who argues Catherine should be buried at her favorite prayer location by the river?
5. What type of English is the book given to the narrator by F. written in?
(a) British English.
(b) Germanic English.
(c) Broken English.
(d) Southern English.
6. How does Edith pleasure F. in "A Long Letter from F."?
(a) She whispers on his body.
(b) She sings to him.
(c) She doesn't.
(d) She uses the marital device on him.
7. What do Edith and F. do in Chapter 44 of "A History of Them All" that the narrator does not do?
(a) Shoot heroine.
(b) Take a shower.
(c) Eat dinner.
(d) Be intimate.
8. What does Catherine ask the priests in Chapter 12 of "A Long Letter from F."?
(a) If she is a saint.
(b) If she is virgin.
(c) When she will die.
(d) If she can take an oath of chastity.
9. When does the first miraculous event occur after Catherine's death?
(a) An hour later.
(b) A week later.
(c) Immediately after.
(d) A month later.
10. Who finds the narrator among the crowd of people in Chapter 47 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) The woman.
(c) Catherine's uncle.
11. Whom does the narrator pray to in Chapter 52 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) Catherine Tekakwitha.
(b) Catherine's uncle.
12. What does F. say about men in A Long Letter from F.?
(a) They shush the world.
(b) They are sexually attractive.
(c) They smell bad.
(d) He desires to be with many.
13. What does the narrator look at in Chapter 52 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) The English-Greek phrasebook.
(b) The wall.
(c) A picture of Edith.
(d) His watch.
14. What does F. comment on in Chapter 18 in regards to Catherine's death from "A Long Letter from F."?
(a) Its fallacy.
(b) Its power.
(c) Its veracity.
(d) Its racial implications.
15. What is the narrator singing in F.'s tree house?
(a) Otis Redding.
(b) Yankee Doodle.
(c) Top 40's.
(d) Hit Parade Songs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is asked of Catherine in Chapter 45 of "A History of Them All"?
2. What happens just before the narrator reaches his maximum pleasure in Chapter 47 of "A History of Them All"?
3. Who is dying in Chapter 46 of "A History of Them All"?
4. Whom does Catherine Tekakwitha's uncle call upon in Chapter 49 of "A History of Them All"?
5. Who is cured from gout in 1696 after praying to Catherine Tekakwitha?
This section contains 486 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)