|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does F. consider himself and the narrator to be in "A Long Letter from F."?
(b) New Juice.
(c) New Jews.
2. What happens to Catherine's face after her death?
(a) It becomes like an angel.
(b) It turns black.
(c) It turns white, and her skin is healed.
(d) It sinks in.
3. Who finds the narrator among the crowd of people in Chapter 47 of "A History of Them All"?
(c) The woman.
(d) Catherine's uncle.
4. Where does Catherine pray daily at the Mission?
(b) At a cross by the river.
(c) Her bathroom.
(d) In bed.
5. Who plans to leave the asylum with F.?
(a) No one.
(b) The narrator.
(d) Mary Voolnd.
6. With what do F. and Edith bathe?
(a) A special soap made of human skin.
(b) Elephant tusk.
(c) Dove soap.
(d) Coconut juice.
7. What does F. say about women in A Long Letter from F.?
(a) They are good cooks.
(b) They hiss at the world.
(c) They are nicer than men.
(d) They smell good.
8. Who comes and watches F. write in "A Long Letter from F."?
(a) Mary Voolnd.
(c) Mary Queen of Scott.
(d) Vooland Martyr.
9. What does Catherine ask God about human beings in Chapter 6 of "A Long Letter from F."?
(a) Where to go after she dies.
(b) Why she is a saint.
(c) Why humans must eat to survive.
(d) How to find F.
10. What does F. wake the narrator up for and drag him to in Chapter 47 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) A protest against religion.
(b) A protest against Queen Elizabeth.
(c) A party.
(d) A celebration of Catherine Tekakwitha.
11. What happens in the uncle's tent at the end of Chapter 49 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) Singing and dancing.
(b) A party is held.
(c) He dies.
(d) An orgy commences.
12. What type of English is the book given to the narrator by F. written in?
(a) Broken English.
(b) Germanic English.
(c) Southern English.
(d) British English.
13. What does F. believe about the Free Quebec movement?
(a) It needs to move forward.
(b) He hates it.
(c) It has grown soft.
(d) It has gained strength.
14. Who interrupts Edith and F. from their intimacy in "A Long Letter from F."?
(a) The narrator.
(c) The Argentine Waiter.
(d) Catherine's uncle.
15. What does Catherine ask the priests in Chapter 12 of "A Long Letter from F."?
(a) If she is virgin.
(b) If she is a saint.
(c) If she can take an oath of chastity.
(d) When she will die.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does F. tell the narrator at the end of Chapter 47 of "A History of Them All"?
2. What does the narrator do when Edith and F. are busy in Chapter 44?
3. Who is cured from gout in 1696 after praying to Catherine Tekakwitha?
4. Where are Edith, F., and the narrator lying at the beginning of Chapter 44 of "A History of Them All"?
5. What does the narrator pledge to F. in Chapter 50 of "A History of Them All"?
This section contains 535 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)