|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of English is the book given to the narrator by F. written in?
(a) Southern English.
(b) Broken English.
(c) Germanic English.
(d) British English.
2. What is the narrator singing in F.'s tree house?
(a) Hit Parade Songs.
(b) Otis Redding.
(c) Top 40's.
(d) Yankee Doodle.
3. What does the message say that F. finds in the woman who watches him write in "A Long Letter from F".?
(a) He is the narrators' best lover.
(b) Edith misses him.
(c) He needs to be intimate with someone.
(d) F. gave him too small of a box of fireworks.
4. What does F. wish for the narrator to blow up?
(a) The apartment.
(b) The tree house.
(d) A statue of Queen Victoria.
5. How much time elapses between Edith's suicide and when she tries to calm the narrator down in Chapter 44 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) A week.
(b) Three days.
(c) Twelve hours.
(d) A month.
6. What does F. say about women in A Long Letter from F.?
(a) They are good cooks.
(b) They smell good.
(c) They hiss at the world.
(d) They are nicer than men.
7. In Chapter 52 of "A History of Them All," how is the book that F. gives the narrator broken down?
(d) Categorized conversations.
8. What happens just before the narrator reaches his maximum pleasure in Chapter 47 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) The woman vanishes.
(b) The narrator breaks out in hives.
(c) The narrator screams.
(d) The crowd disperses.
9. What does F. find in the woman who watches him write "A Long Letter from F."?
(b) Her heart.
(c) Her soul.
(d) His letter.
10. What does F. consider himself and the narrator to be in "A Long Letter from F."?
(a) New Jews.
(b) New Juice.
11. With what do F. and Edith bathe?
(a) Coconut juice.
(b) Elephant tusk.
(c) Dove soap.
(d) A special soap made of human skin.
12. Who is Catherine's best friend?
(c) Her mother.
13. What does the narrator look at in Chapter 52 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) A picture of Edith.
(b) The English-Greek phrasebook.
(c) His watch.
(d) The wall.
14. What does F. say about men in A Long Letter from F.?
(a) They smell bad.
(b) He desires to be with many.
(c) They are sexually attractive.
(d) They shush the world.
15. How does Edith pleasure F. in "A Long Letter from F."?
(a) She whispers on his body.
(b) She doesn't.
(c) She uses the marital device on him.
(d) She sings to him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not mentioned as a part of the book given to the narrator by F. in Chapter 52 of "A History of Them All"?
2. Where does the narrator leave to go to in Chapter 44 of "A History of Them All"?
3. What does the narrator wonder as he spends his time in his new location in Chapter 44?
4. What do the priests and Catherine's mistress try to convince of Catherine in Chapter 3 of "A Long Letter from F."?
5. Who does F.say he dedicates most of his life to in "A Long Letter from F."?
This section contains 550 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)