|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much time elapses between Edith's suicide and when she tries to calm the narrator down in Chapter 44 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) Twelve hours.
(b) A month.
(c) A week.
(d) Three days.
2. What does Catherine begin to forsake entirely?
(b) Her body.
(c) Her soul.
(d) Her religion.
3. What does F. tell the narrator at the end of Chapter 47 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) He failed his second to last test.
(b) He passed his second to last test.
(c) He feels sick.
(d) He wants to go home.
4. Who makes a rosary in Catherine's honor?
5. With what do F. and Edith bathe?
(a) Elephant tusk.
(b) Coconut juice.
(c) A special soap made of human skin.
(d) Dove soap.
6. Who interrupts Edith and F. from their intimacy in "A Long Letter from F."?
(b) Catherine's uncle.
(c) The Argentine Waiter.
(d) The narrator.
7. What does the narrator find of Edith's that surprises him in Chapter 44?
(b) A vibrator.
(c) A bible.
(d) Holy Water.
8. Who says they would rather have sex with a thorn than a hunter?
(a) Catherine's mother.
9. Who is dying in Chapter 46 of "A History of Them All"?
(b) Catherine Tekakwitha's uncle.
(d) The narrator.
10. What does the narrator do when Edith and F. are busy in Chapter 44?
(a) Rifles through Edith's drawers.
(b) Makes a phone call.
(c) Has a sandwich.
(d) Goes outside to smoke a cigarette.
11. What does F. use to bring Edith to her maximum orgasm in "A Long Letter from F."?
(a) A Danish Vibrator.
(d) A Swedish Vibrator.
12. What type of English is the book given to the narrator by F. written in?
(a) Germanic English.
(b) British English.
(c) Southern English.
(d) Broken English.
13. What does Catherine ask the priests in Chapter 12 of "A Long Letter from F."?
(a) If she is virgin.
(b) When she will die.
(c) If she can take an oath of chastity.
(d) If she is a saint.
14. Where does Catherine pray daily at the Mission?
(b) Her bathroom.
(c) At a cross by the river.
(d) In bed.
15. How does the narrator pray with in Chapter 52 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) With deep conviction.
(b) With shame.
(c) With sorrow.
(d) With apathy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the prayer chanted for in Chapter 49 of "A History of Them All"?
2. What happened to Catherine's best friend's husband?
3. What does F. consider himself and the narrator to be in "A Long Letter from F."?
4. What does F. say about women in A Long Letter from F.?
5. When does the first miraculous event occur after Catherine's death?
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)