|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the message say that F. finds in the woman who watches him write in "A Long Letter from F".?
(a) He needs to be intimate with someone.
(b) F. gave him too small of a box of fireworks.
(c) He is the narrators' best lover.
(d) Edith misses him.
2. Where does the narrator leave to go to in Chapter 44 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) Edith's grave.
(b) F.'s house.
(d) F.'s treehouse.
3. What does the narrator wonder as he spends his time in his new location in Chapter 44?
(a) How he wants to die himself to be with Edith and F.
(b) If he will ever talk to F. again.
(c) What is in the Top Ten lineup.
(d) How he will manage without Edith alive.
4. What does F. comment on in Chapter 18 in regards to Catherine's death from "A Long Letter from F."?
(a) Its power.
(b) Its fallacy.
(c) Its racial implications.
(d) Its veracity.
5. Which of the following is not mentioned as a part of the book given to the narrator by F. in Chapter 52 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) Barber shops.
(c) Post offices.
(d) Dry cleaners.
6. What does the narrator find of Edith's that surprises him in Chapter 44?
(b) A bible.
(c) A vibrator.
(d) Holy Water.
7. In Chapter 50 of "A History of Them All", where does F. eventually visit the narrator?
(a) A tent.
(b) His dreams.
(c) His apartment.
(d) His tree house.
8. What does F. believe about the Free Quebec movement?
(a) It has gained strength.
(b) It needs to move forward.
(c) He hates it.
(d) It has grown soft.
9. Who argues Catherine should be buried in the church?
10. Who plans to leave the asylum with F.?
(a) No one.
(c) Mary Voolnd.
(d) The narrator.
11. What does the narrator pledge to F. in Chapter 50 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) His honor.
(b) His hatred.
(c) His love and fidelity.
(d) His obediance after he dies.
12. Who does F.say he dedicates most of his life to in "A Long Letter from F."?
(d) The narrator and Edith.
13. Who is Catherine's mistress?
(c) Her mother.
14. What happens in the uncle's tent at the end of Chapter 49 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) An orgy commences.
(b) He dies.
(c) A party is held.
(d) Singing and dancing.
15. How much time elapses between Edith's suicide and when she tries to calm the narrator down in Chapter 44 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) Twelve hours.
(b) A week.
(c) A month.
(d) Three days.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator wish F. had left him instead of his possessions?
2. What does F. find in the woman who watches him write "A Long Letter from F."?
3. What does the narrator do when Edith and F. are busy in Chapter 44?
4. What does the woman who watches F. write "A Long Letter from F." invite F. to do?
5. Where are Edith, F., and the narrator lying at the beginning of Chapter 44 of "A History of Them All"?
This section contains 538 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)