|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens just before the narrator reaches his maximum pleasure in Chapter 47 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) The crowd disperses.
(b) The narrator breaks out in hives.
(c) The woman vanishes.
(d) The narrator screams.
2. What does F. comment on in Chapter 18 in regards to Catherine's death from "A Long Letter from F."?
(a) Its racial implications.
(b) Its fallacy.
(c) Its veracity.
(d) Its power.
3. What does F. do to Edith to help bring her to an maximum pleasure in "A Long Letter from F."?
(a) He looks at her.
(b) He reads her sexual texts without touching her.
(c) He sings to her.
(d) He strokes her with a flower petal.
4. What do the priests and Catherine's mistress try to convince of Catherine in Chapter 3 of "A Long Letter from F."?
(a) To have children.
(b) To eat.
(c) To pray.
(d) To marry a man.
5. How does Edith pleasure F. in "A Long Letter from F."?
(a) She doesn't.
(b) She uses the marital device on him.
(c) She whispers on his body.
(d) She sings to him.
6. What is Edith's problem in "A Long Letter from F."?
(a) She wants to be with the narrator, but F. forbids it.
(b) She cannot reach her maximum pleasure.
(c) She hates the narrator.
(d) She is pregnant.
7. Who is Catherine's mistress?
(a) Her mother.
8. What does F. say about women in A Long Letter from F.?
(a) They smell good.
(b) They are good cooks.
(c) They are nicer than men.
(d) They hiss at the world.
9. What swims away into the Atlantic, according to F.?
(a) F.'s watch.
(b) Edith's jewelry.
(c) The Swedish Vibrator.
(d) The Danish Vibrator.
10. Whom does Catherine appear to after her death and several other times as well in Chapter 22 of "A Long Letter from F."?
11. What happened to Catherine's best friend's husband?
(a) He was raped.
(b) He was hunted and killed.
(c) He was removed from the tribe.
(d) He was eaten by his tribe for lack of food.
12. Who says they would rather have sex with a thorn than a hunter?
(d) Catherine's mother.
13. In Chapter 52 of "A History of Them All," how is the book that F. gives the narrator broken down?
(b) Categorized conversations.
14. What does Catherine ask the priests in Chapter 12 of "A Long Letter from F."?
(a) If she is virgin.
(b) If she can take an oath of chastity.
(c) If she is a saint.
(d) When she will die.
15. Who does F.say he dedicates most of his life to in "A Long Letter from F."?
(b) The narrator and Edith.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to F.'s accomplice while trying to escape the asylum?
2. What does the message say that F. finds in the woman who watches him write in "A Long Letter from F".?
3. What does F. use to bring Edith to her maximum orgasm in "A Long Letter from F."?
4. What happens to Catherine at the end of Chapter 46 of "A History of Them All"?
5. What does F. tell the narrator at the end of Chapter 47 of "A History of Them All"?
This section contains 595 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)