|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who comes and watches F. write in "A Long Letter from F."?
(a) Mary Voolnd.
(c) Mary Queen of Scott.
(d) Vooland Martyr.
2. What does F. believe about the Free Quebec movement?
(a) It has grown soft.
(b) It needs to move forward.
(c) It has gained strength.
(d) He hates it.
3. What do the priests and Catherine's mistress try to convince of Catherine in Chapter 3 of "A Long Letter from F."?
(a) To marry a man.
(b) To pray.
(c) To have children.
(d) To eat.
4. Who argues Catherine should be buried in the church?
5. What happens just before the narrator reaches his maximum pleasure in Chapter 47 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) The narrator screams.
(b) The narrator breaks out in hives.
(c) The crowd disperses.
(d) The woman vanishes.
6. What does the narrator admit to longing for in Chapter 48 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) A dead lover.
(b) A dead religious figure.
(c) A dead wife.
(d) A dog as a pet.
7. What does the narrator pledge to F. in Chapter 50 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) His love and fidelity.
(b) His obediance after he dies.
(c) His honor.
(d) His hatred.
8. In Chapter 52 of "A History of Them All," how is the book that F. gives the narrator broken down?
(d) Categorized conversations.
9. How much time elapses between Edith's suicide and when she tries to calm the narrator down in Chapter 44 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) A week.
(b) A month.
(c) Three days.
(d) Twelve hours.
10. What does F. tell the narrator at the end of Chapter 47 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) He wants to go home.
(b) He passed his second to last test.
(c) He failed his second to last test.
(d) He feels sick.
11. What does Catherine cut herself with in the woods?
(c) A knife.
12. What does Catherine ask God about human beings in Chapter 6 of "A Long Letter from F."?
(a) How to find F.
(b) Why she is a saint.
(c) Where to go after she dies.
(d) Why humans must eat to survive.
13. What does the woman who watches F. write "A Long Letter from F." invite F. to do?
(a) Lick her toes.
(b) Massage her.
(c) Sing to her.
(d) Kiss her.
14. What does Catherine begin to forsake entirely?
(b) Her body.
(c) Her soul.
(d) Her religion.
15. Who interrupts Edith and F. from their intimacy in "A Long Letter from F."?
(a) The narrator.
(b) Catherine's uncle.
(c) The Argentine Waiter.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Edith pleasure F. in "A Long Letter from F."?
2. What does Catherine's best friend say human tastes like?
3. What do Edith and F. do in Chapter 44 of "A History of Them All" that the narrator does not do?
4. Whom does the narrator pray to in Chapter 52 of "A History of Them All"?
5. What does Catherine's uncle ask of the individuals he calls upon?
This section contains 512 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)