|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Catherine ask the priests in Chapter 12 of "A Long Letter from F."?
(a) If she can take an oath of chastity.
(b) When she will die.
(c) If she is a saint.
(d) If she is virgin.
2. What does F. comment on in Chapter 18 in regards to Catherine's death from "A Long Letter from F."?
(a) Its racial implications.
(b) Its fallacy.
(c) Its power.
(d) Its veracity.
3. Who comes and watches F. write in "A Long Letter from F."?
(a) Mary Voolnd.
(b) Vooland Martyr.
(c) Mary Queen of Scott.
4. In Chapter 50 of "A History of Them All", where does F. eventually visit the narrator?
(a) A tent.
(b) His dreams.
(c) His tree house.
(d) His apartment.
5. What does Edith do to calm the narrator in Chapter 44 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) Gives him a shoulder rub.
(b) Takes him to dinner.
(c) Asks him to leave.
(d) Tells him the story of the feast.
6. What is asked of Catherine in Chapter 45 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) To pray.
(b) To be intimate with the narrator.
(c) To eat a steak.
(d) To strip naked.
7. Who plans to leave the asylum with F.?
(b) Mary Voolnd.
(c) No one.
(d) The narrator.
8. Who argues Catherine should be buried at her favorite prayer location by the river?
9. What does F. say about women in A Long Letter from F.?
(a) They are nicer than men.
(b) They smell good.
(c) They hiss at the world.
(d) They are good cooks.
10. Who is dying in Chapter 46 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) The narrator.
(b) Catherine Tekakwitha's uncle.
11. What does F. wish for the narrator to blow up?
(a) The tree house.
(b) The apartment.
(c) A statue of Queen Victoria.
12. What is Edith's problem in "A Long Letter from F."?
(a) She wants to be with the narrator, but F. forbids it.
(b) She is pregnant.
(c) She hates the narrator.
(d) She cannot reach her maximum pleasure.
13. How much time elapses between Edith's suicide and when she tries to calm the narrator down in Chapter 44 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) A month.
(b) Three days.
(c) Twelve hours.
(d) A week.
14. What does F. wake the narrator up for and drag him to in Chapter 47 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) A celebration of Catherine Tekakwitha.
(b) A protest against religion.
(c) A party.
(d) A protest against Queen Elizabeth.
15. What does the woman who watches F. write "A Long Letter from F." invite F. to do?
(a) Massage her.
(b) Sing to her.
(c) Lick her toes.
(d) Kiss her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the narrator leave to go to in Chapter 44 of "A History of Them All"?
2. What does the narrator admit to longing for in Chapter 48 of "A History of Them All"?
3. With what do F. and Edith bathe?
4. What does F. do to Edith to help bring her to an maximum pleasure in "A Long Letter from F."?
5. What happens to the narrator at this event that F. forces him to go to?
This section contains 555 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)