|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who comes and watches F. write in "A Long Letter from F."?
(a) Mary Voolnd.
(c) Mary Queen of Scott.
(d) Vooland Martyr.
2. Who is Catherine's best friend?
(a) Her mother.
3. What does F. comment on in Chapter 18 in regards to Catherine's death from "A Long Letter from F."?
(a) Its power.
(b) Its racial implications.
(c) Its fallacy.
(d) Its veracity.
4. What does the narrator find of Edith's that surprises him in Chapter 44?
(a) A vibrator.
(c) Holy Water.
(d) A bible.
5. What disservice does F. say he did to the narrator in "A Long Letter from F.?"
(a) Gave him sexuality.
(b) Took his virginity.
(c) Befriended him.
(d) Immunized him of passion.
6. Who is cured from gout in 1696 after praying to Catherine Tekakwitha?
(a) The narrator.
(c) A French military commander.
7. What does F. do to Edith to help bring her to an maximum pleasure in "A Long Letter from F."?
(a) He reads her sexual texts without touching her.
(b) He strokes her with a flower petal.
(c) He looks at her.
(d) He sings to her.
8. What does F. wake the narrator up for and drag him to in Chapter 47 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) A protest against Queen Elizabeth.
(b) A celebration of Catherine Tekakwitha.
(c) A party.
(d) A protest against religion.
9. Where does the narrator leave in Chapter 44 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) His filthy apartment.
10. What happens to Catherine's face after her death?
(a) It becomes like an angel.
(b) It turns white, and her skin is healed.
(c) It sinks in.
(d) It turns black.
11. What happened to Catherine's best friend's husband?
(a) He was raped.
(b) He was eaten by his tribe for lack of food.
(c) He was hunted and killed.
(d) He was removed from the tribe.
12. Who argues Catherine should be buried at her favorite prayer location by the river?
13. Who makes a rosary in Catherine's honor?
14. What is kept in the vile around the lady's neck who is saved from the brink of death by Catherine's crucifix?
(a) Mud from her grave.
(b) Holy water.
(d) Her hair.
15. Where does Catherine pray daily at the Mission?
(a) In bed.
(b) Her bathroom.
(c) At a cross by the river.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Catherine's uncle ask of the individuals he calls upon?
2. Where does the narrator leave to go to in Chapter 44 of "A History of Them All"?
3. In Chapter 52 of "A History of Them All," how is the book that F. gives the narrator broken down?
4. What does Catherine ask the priests in Chapter 12 of "A Long Letter from F."?
5. What happens in the uncle's tent at the end of Chapter 49 of "A History of Them All"?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)