|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 12 of "A History of Them All," what game does F. tell the narrator he and Edith play?
(a) The telephone game.
(b) Hide and seek.
(c) The lust game.
2. What does Catherine spill at the French banquet?
(a) White wine.
(b) Tomato sauce.
(c) Grape juice.
(d) Red wine.
3. Where is the narrator living in this novel?
(a) A barn.
(b) A room.
(c) An apartment.
(d) A psychosexual hell.
4. Who enters the tent to meet Catherine in Chapter 16 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) Her mom.
(b) Her dad.
(c) A stranger.
(d) A young man.
5. Who is caught under the spell of F. in Chapter 9 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) Catherine Tekakwitha.
(b) The Candadian A---- tribe.
(c) Edith and the narrator.
(d) Catherine's mother.
6. Who dislikes the French missionaries?
(b) Catherine Tekakwitha's uncle.
(c) The narrator.
7. What is the narrator convinced the song he listens to in Chapter 30 of "A History of Them All" is about?
(b) An orgy between Gavis and his goddesses.
(c) Sex with his tribe.
(d) Love eternal.
8. What do F. and the narrator eat in Chapter 18 of "A History of Them All"?
9. Why were the living situations of the Iroquois deemed immoral by some?
(a) They were inbred.
(b) The lack or upkeep on the home.
(c) They did not attend church.
(d) The lack of privacy between sexes.
10. When does the local priest leave Catherine Tekakwitha's village in Chapter 35 of "A History of Them All"?
11. What does the narrator inventory in Chapter 21 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) F.'s clothes.
(b) His books.
(c) His files.
(d) F.'s fireworks which were left to him.
12. What does Catherine cry out as she is being massaged?
(a) She wants to be baptized.
(b) She wants to have children.
(c) She is a child of the lord.
13. What does the narrator want in Chapter 23 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) To go to the bathroom.
(b) To eat.
(c) F. and Edith to come back.
(d) To forget F. and Edith's transgressions.
14. Who is Catherine Tekakwitha?
(a) A blessed Iroquois woman.
(b) A saint.
(c) A temptress.
(d) Daughter of mother nature.
15. What covers the narrator's apartment in Chapter 24 of "A History of Them All"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who had their hearts eaten by the Canadian tribes' chiefs?
2. What plan does F. use to lose weight and gain muscle in Chapter 29 of "A History of Them All"?
3. What is the writing style in Chapter 17 of "A History of Them All"?
4. What has happened to the narrator's bowels by Chapter 13 of "A History of Them All"?
5. What does the narrator long to speak publicly against in Chapter 10 of "A History of Them All"?
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)