|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator pray to god for at the end of Chapter 13 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) To stop the bleeding.
(b) To have normal bowels again.
(c) For any god to help him, and he will not enter a bathroom until he can pass a stool.
(d) To help him grieve.
2. What does the narrator do in Chapter 23 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) Goes to church.
(b) Calls to F. and Edith.
(c) Says a prayer to God.
(d) Speaks incessently of Edith.
3. What does the narrator light in Chapter 21 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) A fire.
(c) A cigar.
(d) A cigarette.
4. What does Catherine Tekakwitha make at her family's new home?
(c) Crafts and wampum.
5. What does the note the narrator finds in F.'s fireworks instruct him to do?
(a) Turn on the radio.
(b) Turn on the lights.
(c) Go take a shower.
(d) Go eat a steak.
6. In Chapter 15 of "A History of Them All," what does the narrator describe about Catherine Tekakwitha's family?
(a) Their bond.
(b) The loss of their youngest son.
(c) Their harvest and crops.
(d) Their journey up the Mohawk River.
7. What does the narrator think about in Chapter 40 of "A History of Them All" in regard to what F. said to him?
(a) He considers what F. said about his and Edith's relationship.
(b) He considers what F. meant about his near death experience.
(c) He considers F.'s recommendation.
(d) He considers what F. said about the telephone game.
8. In what type of environment do the Iroquois live?
(a) Long houses.
9. What does the narrator begin to do incessantly in Chapter 25 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) Pleasures himself.
(c) Break things in his apartment.
(d) Washes his hands.
10. Where are F. and the narrator driving to in the car scene?
11. What item does Catherine give the person who enters her tent?
(a) A transference of religion.
(c) Consummation of marriage.
(d) A token or appreciation.
12. What does the new priest massage on Catherine's body?
(a) Her feet.
(b) Her head.
(c) Her back.
(d) Her arms.
13. Where is the narrator living in this novel?
(a) A psychosexual hell.
(b) A room.
(c) An apartment.
(d) A barn.
14. What does the narrator describe about Catherine Tekakwitha in Chapter 16 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) The day she was to leave her village.
(b) The day she was to be married.
(c) The day she became a woman.
(d) The day she was to give birth.
15. What does F. say the glancing kisses from Edith to the narrator are in Chapter 12 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) Expressions of lust.
(b) Expressions of love.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Catherine give to the person who enters her tent?
2. What covers the narrator's apartment in Chapter 24 of "A History of Them All"?
3. What does F. do with the narrator the night Edith dies?
4. What is the narrator suffering from at the beginning of the book?
5. What does Catherine cry out as she is being massaged?
This section contains 537 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)