|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Catherine Tekakwitha make at her family's new home?
(c) Crafts and wampum.
2. What does the narrator want in Chapter 23 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) F. and Edith to come back.
(b) To eat.
(c) To go to the bathroom.
(d) To forget F. and Edith's transgressions.
3. What happens to make Catherine flee to the forest in Chapter 16 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) She is pregnant.
(b) The boy's erection.
(c) She is forced to leave her village.
(d) She is angry.
4. What does F. say the glancing kisses from Edith to the narrator are in Chapter 12 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) Expressions of lust.
(c) Expressions of love.
5. Who had their hearts eaten by the Canadian tribes' chiefs?
(a) Catherine Tekakwitha.
(b) Catherine's mother.
(c) French priests.
6. Who dislikes the French missionaries?
(a) Catherine Tekakwitha's uncle.
(c) The narrator.
7. What does F. admit about the near death experience in the car?
(a) It was sexually exciting.
(b) He and Edith arranged it.
(c) He wanted to die.
(d) Edith was watching over them and protected them.
8. Where do Catherine Tekakwitha's family settle?
(b) A small village.
(c) By the ocean.
9. What covers the narrator's apartment in Chapter 24 of "A History of Them All"?
10. What does F. suggest to the narrator in Chapter 12 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) An oral act of intimacy.
(b) To pleasure himself.
(c) To leave the city.
(d) Daily intimacy.
11. Where does the narrator want Edith's lips to linger specifically?
(a) His back.
(b) His chest.
(c) His genitals.
(d) His neck.
12. What has happened to the narrator's bowels by Chapter 13 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) He has not had a bowel movement in days.
(b) They have changed colors.
(c) He cannot stop going to the bathroom.
(d) They are bleeding.
13. Where do Edith and F. play the game F. tells the narrator about in Chapter 12 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) A bathroom.
(b) A hotel.
(c) A closet.
(d) A railroad station.
14. What do F. and the narrator eat in Chapter 18 of "A History of Them All"?
15. What does the narrator inventory in Chapter 21 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) F.'s fireworks which were left to him.
(b) His books.
(c) His files.
(d) F.'s clothes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the bully that kicks sand in F.'s face at the beach?
2. The narrator has lost ____________.
3. What does the narrator think about to distract himself from his depressing reading in Chapter 12 of "A History of Them All"?
4. The narrator recalls F. painting a Greek acropolis with ___________________.
5. What does F. admit to the narrator the night Edith dies in Chapter 5 of "A History of Them All"?
This section contains 494 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)