|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does the narrator call and shout about his burns and constipation in Chapter 30 of "A History of Them All"?
(b) His doctor.
(c) The DJ.
(d) His mom.
2. Who died in the asylum from syphilis?
(a) The narrator.
(d) Catherine Tekakwitha.
3. Where is the narrator living in this novel?
(a) A barn.
(b) A psychosexual hell.
(c) A room.
(d) An apartment.
4. What does F. chastise the narrator for in Chapter 9 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) To embrace his homosexuality.
(b) To stop being hypocrites.
(c) To not feel guilty about cheating on Edith.
(d) To not feel guilty about their sexual activity.
5. For what purpose is the plan F. uses to lose weight intended?
(a) Heavy people to lose weight.
(b) Bulking up.
(c) Skinny people to gain weight.
(d) Fit people to get fitter.
6. Who is beaten and disowned by their family?
(a) The young man.
(b) Catherine's uncle.
7. What does the narrator think about to distract himself from his depressing reading in Chapter 12 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) Being intimate with F.
(b) Edith's body.
(c) Edith's lips lingering over his body.
(d) Being intimate with Catherine.
8. Who is Catherine Tekakwitha?
(a) Daughter of mother nature.
(b) A saint.
(c) A blessed Iroquois woman.
(d) A temptress.
9. Where do Edith and F. play the game F. tells the narrator about in Chapter 12 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) A hotel.
(b) A bathroom.
(c) A railroad station.
(d) A closet.
10. What happens to make Catherine flee to the forest in Chapter 16 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) The boy's erection.
(b) She is pregnant.
(c) She is forced to leave her village.
(d) She is angry.
11. The narrator recalls F. painting a Greek acropolis with ___________________.
(a) Eye shadow.
(b) Red nail polish.
(c) Pink nail polish.
(d) Watercolor paint.
12. What does the narrator read about in regard to Catherine Tekakwitha in Chapter 12 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) The plague that spread through her village.
(b) Her saint like qualities.
(c) Her desire to become human.
(d) Her sexuality.
13. What is the narrator suffering from at the beginning of the book?
(d) Depression and constipation.
14. What does Catherine spill at the French banquet?
(a) Tomato sauce.
(b) Red wine.
(c) Grape juice.
(d) White wine.
15. In Chapter 13 of "A History of Them All," what has the narrator stopped doing since he read about the plague?
(b) Working and showering.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does F. say the glancing kisses from Edith to the narrator are in Chapter 12 of "A History of Them All"?
2. What plan does F. use to lose weight and gain muscle in Chapter 29 of "A History of Them All"?
3. What does F. purchase from his previous employer in Chapter 14 of "A History of Them All"?
4. Who falls in love with Catherine in Chapter 26 of "A History of Them All."
5. What do Edith and F. do in the game they play in Question 29?
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)