|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does F. purchase from his previous employer in Chapter 14 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) His company.
(b) A book.
(c) A textile factory.
(d) A boat.
2. Who is beaten and disowned by their family?
(a) Catherine's uncle.
(d) The young man.
3. Who had their hearts eaten by the Canadian tribes' chiefs?
(a) French priests.
(b) Catherine Tekakwitha.
(d) Catherine's mother.
4. Why does the narrator nearly run the car off the road?
(a) He was texting on his phone.
(b) He fell asleep.
(c) He is pleasuring himself.
(d) He was in mid chant.
5. To what office has F. been elected?
(a) Priest of the tribe.
(d) To lead the Canadian army.
6. What item does Catherine give the person who enters her tent?
(a) Consummation of marriage.
(b) A transference of religion.
(d) A token or appreciation.
7. What covers the narrator's apartment in Chapter 24 of "A History of Them All"?
8. What body part does the narrator think about of Edith's in Chapter 12 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) Her breasts.
(b) Her fingers.
(c) Her navel.
(d) Her ears.
9. What does F. chastise the narrator for in Chapter 9 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) To not feel guilty about cheating on Edith.
(b) To not feel guilty about their sexual activity.
(c) To embrace his homosexuality.
(d) To stop being hypocrites.
10. Who falls in love with Catherine in Chapter 26 of "A History of Them All."
(a) The narrator.
(b) A young tribal man.
(c) Edouard Lecompte.
(d) Her uncle.
11. What does the narrator say his profession is in Chapter 2 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) He is a scholar of science.
(b) He is a folklorist and scholar of the Canadian A---- tribe.
(c) He is a janitor.
(d) He is a student.
12. Who considered the living situations of the Iroquois immoral?
(a) French missionaries.
(b) Baptist missionaries.
(c) The government.
(d) The church.
13. What does the narrator pray to god for at the end of Chapter 13 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) To help him grieve.
(b) To stop the bleeding.
(c) For any god to help him, and he will not enter a bathroom until he can pass a stool.
(d) To have normal bowels again.
14. What does the narrator describe about Catherine Tekakwitha in Chapter 16 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) The day she was to leave her village.
(b) The day she became a woman.
(c) The day she was to give birth.
(d) The day she was to be married.
15. What does the narrator light in Chapter 21 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) A cigar.
(c) A cigarette.
(d) A fire.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who cannot find Catherine as she flees to the forest in Chapter 16 of "A History of Them All"?
2. Who is tending to Catherine in Chapter 16 of "A History of Them All"?
3. To whom does the narrator call and shout about his burns and constipation in Chapter 30 of "A History of Them All"?
4. What is the writing style in Chapter 17 of "A History of Them All"?
5. What does Catherine spill at the French banquet?
This section contains 519 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)