Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Catherine Tekakwitha make at her family's new home?
(b) Crafts and wampum.
2. What does the priest tell Catherine in Chapter 37 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) He is gay himself.
(b) He loves her.
(c) Their way of life is coming to an end.
(d) She needs to bear his child.
3. In what type of environment do the Iroquois live?
(a) Long houses.
4. Who considered the living situations of the Iroquois immoral?
(a) The church.
(b) The government.
(c) Baptist missionaries.
(d) French missionaries.
5. What item does Catherine give the person who enters her tent?
(a) Consummation of marriage.
(b) A token or appreciation.
(d) A transference of religion.
6. What does F. give the narrator in Chapter 18 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) A letter.
(b) An English-Greek translation book.
(c) A picture.
(d) A Bible.
7. To whom does the narrator turn for his salvation?
(a) His grandmother.
(b) His ex wife.
(c) An old lady.
(d) An Iroquois saint.
8. What does the note the narrator finds in F.'s fireworks instruct him to do?
(a) Turn on the lights.
(b) Go take a shower.
(c) Turn on the radio.
(d) Go eat a steak.
9. What does F. go on a tirade about in Chapter 6 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) He wants Edith back.
(b) He wants more affection from the narrator.
(c) The narrator relating the Greeks to the Indians.
(d) The narrator's sex life.
10. What do Edith and F. do in the game they play in Question 29?
(a) They sucked each other's fingers and placed them in each other's ears.
(b) They exchanged gum.
(c) They slept together blindfolded.
(d) They whispered on each other's body.
11. What does F. do with the narrator the night Edith dies?
(a) Sits with him and comforts him.
(b) Gives him a massage.
(c) Kisses the narrator.
(d) Cooks for him
12. Who is beaten and disowned by their family?
(b) Catherine's uncle.
(c) The young man.
13. What do F. and the narrator eat in Chapter 18 of "A History of Them All"?
14. What does the narrator realize the purpose of the note from F. is in Chapter 30 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) To miss F.
(b) A ploy to get him out of the house.
(c) To make him angry.
(d) To miss Edith.
15. For what purpose is the plan F. uses to lose weight intended?
(a) Bulking up.
(b) Skinny people to gain weight.
(c) Heavy people to lose weight.
(d) Fit people to get fitter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the boys and F. do to the narrator when they were in school?
2. In Chapter 12 of "A History of Them All," what game does F. tell the narrator he and Edith play?
3. What does the narrator long to speak publicly against in Chapter 10 of "A History of Them All"?
4. What does the narrator pray to god for at the end of Chapter 13 of "A History of Them All"?
5. What does the narrator burn himself with in Chapter 24 of "A History of Them All"?
This section contains 557 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)