|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Edith and F. do in the game they play in Question 29?
(a) They whispered on each other's body.
(b) They exchanged gum.
(c) They slept together blindfolded.
(d) They sucked each other's fingers and placed them in each other's ears.
2. What does F. give the narrator in Chapter 18 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) A letter.
(b) An English-Greek translation book.
(c) A Bible.
(d) A picture.
3. To what does the narrator compare the living situations of the Iroquois?
(a) Packed like sardines.
(b) The beginning days of civilization.
(c) A movie theatre at night, stifling its sexuality.
(d) As nice as the streets of New York City.
4. The narrator has lost ____________.
(a) His dad and mother.
(b) His lover and daughter.
(c) His wife and daughter.
(d) His wife and male lover.
5. What does the narrator describe about Catherine Tekakwitha in Chapter 16 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) The day she became a woman.
(b) The day she was to leave her village.
(c) The day she was to be married.
(d) The day she was to give birth.
6. What does F. go on a tirade about in Chapter 6 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) He wants Edith back.
(b) The narrator relating the Greeks to the Indians.
(c) He wants more affection from the narrator.
(d) The narrator's sex life.
7. Where is the narrator living in this novel?
(a) An apartment.
(b) A psychosexual hell.
(c) A room.
(d) A barn.
8. What does the narrator say he wants to study in Chapter 3 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) Mother nature.
(b) His family lineage.
(c) Catherine Tekakwitha.
(d) The weather.
9. What is the narrator suffering from at the beginning of the book?
(b) Depression and constipation.
10. Who enters the tent to meet Catherine in Chapter 16 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) A young man.
(b) Her mom.
(c) A stranger.
(d) Her dad.
11. In Chapter 15 of "A History of Them All," what does the narrator describe about Catherine Tekakwitha's family?
(a) The loss of their youngest son.
(b) Their journey up the Mohawk River.
(c) Their bond.
(d) Their harvest and crops.
12. In what type of environment do the Iroquois live?
(d) Long houses.
13. In Chapter 13 of "A History of Them All," what has the narrator stopped doing since he read about the plague?
(a) Working and showering.
14. What does the note the narrator finds in F.'s fireworks instruct him to do?
(a) Turn on the radio.
(b) Go eat a steak.
(c) Turn on the lights.
(d) Go take a shower.
15. Who dislikes the French missionaries?
(a) Catherine Tekakwitha's uncle.
(d) The narrator.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does the local priest leave Catherine Tekakwitha's village in Chapter 35 of "A History of Them All"?
2. What plan does F. use to lose weight and gain muscle in Chapter 29 of "A History of Them All"?
3. Why does the narrator nearly run the car off the road?
4. What does F. admit about the near death experience in the car?
5. Who does the narrator relate his own mindset to in Chapter 35 of "A History of Them All"?
This section contains 547 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)