|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator realize the purpose of the note from F. is in Chapter 30 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) To miss Edith.
(b) To make him angry.
(c) To miss F.
(d) A ploy to get him out of the house.
2. Who falls in love with Catherine in Chapter 26 of "A History of Them All."
(a) The narrator.
(b) A young tribal man.
(c) Edouard Lecompte.
(d) Her uncle.
3. What does the narrator say his profession is in Chapter 2 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) He is a janitor.
(b) He is a student.
(c) He is a folklorist and scholar of the Canadian A---- tribe.
(d) He is a scholar of science.
4. Who is tending to Catherine in Chapter 16 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) Her aunts.
(b) Her cousins.
(c) Her dad.
(d) Her mom.
5. Why does the narrator nearly run the car off the road?
(a) He is pleasuring himself.
(b) He fell asleep.
(c) He was in mid chant.
(d) He was texting on his phone.
6. Who is Catherine Tekakwitha?
(a) A temptress.
(b) Daughter of mother nature.
(c) A saint.
(d) A blessed Iroquois woman.
7. What does the narrator describe about Catherine Tekakwitha in Chapter 16 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) The day she was to give birth.
(b) The day she was to leave her village.
(c) The day she became a woman.
(d) The day she was to be married.
8. What does the narrator begin to do incessantly in Chapter 25 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) Pleasures himself.
(b) Break things in his apartment.
(c) Washes his hands.
9. What does F. suggest to the narrator in Chapter 12 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) To leave the city.
(b) To pleasure himself.
(c) Daily intimacy.
(d) An oral act of intimacy.
10. Who is the bully that kicks sand in F.'s face at the beach?
(a) Axis Charles.
(c) Catherine Tekakwitha.
(d) Charles Axis.
11. Who had their hearts eaten by the Canadian tribes' chiefs?
(a) French priests.
(c) Catherine Tekakwitha.
(d) Catherine's mother.
12. In Chapter 12 of "A History of Them All," what game does F. tell the narrator he and Edith play?
(a) The telephone game.
(c) Hide and seek.
(d) The lust game.
13. The narrator has lost ____________.
(a) His lover and daughter.
(b) His dad and mother.
(c) His wife and male lover.
(d) His wife and daughter.
14. What does F. do with the narrator the night Edith dies?
(a) Gives him a massage.
(b) Cooks for him
(c) Kisses the narrator.
(d) Sits with him and comforts him.
15. What does the note the narrator finds in F.'s fireworks instruct him to do?
(a) Turn on the radio.
(b) Go take a shower.
(c) Turn on the lights.
(d) Go eat a steak.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator remember about F. in Chapter 14 of "A History of Them All"?
2. What does the narrator say about F.'s personality in Chapter 14 of "A History of Them All"?
3. What is the condition the priest gives Catherine in Chapter 37 of "A History of Them All"?
4. How does Edith die?
5. What does F. begin to do as he and the narrator drive in Chapter 39 of "A History of Them All"?
This section contains 585 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)