|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does the local priest leave Catherine Tekakwitha's village in Chapter 35 of "A History of Them All"?
2. What does F. begin to do as he and the narrator drive in Chapter 39 of "A History of Them All"?
(b) Pleasure himself.
3. Who is the bully that kicks sand in F.'s face at the beach?
(a) Charles Axis.
(b) Axis Charles.
(c) Catherine Tekakwitha.
4. To whom does the narrator call and shout about his burns and constipation in Chapter 30 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) His mom.
(c) His doctor.
(d) The DJ.
5. What does the narrator realize the purpose of the note from F. is in Chapter 30 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) To miss Edith.
(b) To miss F.
(c) To make him angry.
(d) A ploy to get him out of the house.
6. What does F. say the glancing kisses from Edith to the narrator are in Chapter 12 of "A History of Them All"?
(b) Expressions of love.
(d) Expressions of lust.
7. What does Catherine Tekakwitha make at her family's new home?
(b) Crafts and wampum.
8. How does Edith die?
(a) She dies of a heart attack.
(b) She is crushed by the elevator shaft.
(c) She shoots herself in the head.
(d) She is shot.
9. What does the narrator tell Edith in Chapter 41 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) He hates her.
(b) He loves her.
(c) He misses her.
(d) He is angered by her infidelity.
10. What does the note the narrator finds in F.'s fireworks instruct him to do?
(a) Go take a shower.
(b) Turn on the lights.
(c) Go eat a steak.
(d) Turn on the radio.
11. What does the narrator pray to god for at the end of Chapter 13 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) To have normal bowels again.
(b) To help him grieve.
(c) For any god to help him, and he will not enter a bathroom until he can pass a stool.
(d) To stop the bleeding.
12. Where do Catherine Tekakwitha's family settle?
(a) By the ocean.
(c) A small village.
13. The narrator has lost ____________.
(a) His wife and male lover.
(b) His wife and daughter.
(c) His lover and daughter.
(d) His dad and mother.
14. What does the new priest massage on Catherine's body?
(a) Her feet.
(b) Her arms.
(c) Her head.
(d) Her back.
15. What does the narrator long to speak publicly against in Chapter 10 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) The Candadian A--- tribe.
(b) The government.
(d) Any repressive institution.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the narrator suffering from at the beginning of the book?
2. What body part does the narrator think about of Edith's in Chapter 12 of "A History of Them All"?
3. What does the narrator say about F.'s personality in Chapter 14 of "A History of Them All"?
4. What does the narrator describe about Catherine Tekakwitha in Chapter 16 of "A History of Them All"?
5. What does the narrator burn himself with in Chapter 24 of "A History of Them All"?
This section contains 540 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)