|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who considered the living situations of the Iroquois immoral?
(a) The government.
(b) The church.
(c) Baptist missionaries.
(d) French missionaries.
2. Who is beaten and disowned by their family?
(c) Catherine's uncle.
(d) The young man.
3. What does F. do with the narrator the night Edith dies?
(a) Gives him a massage.
(b) Kisses the narrator.
(c) Sits with him and comforts him.
(d) Cooks for him
4. What do Edith and F. do in the game they play in Question 29?
(a) They sucked each other's fingers and placed them in each other's ears.
(b) They slept together blindfolded.
(c) They exchanged gum.
(d) They whispered on each other's body.
5. What does the narrator recall about Edith in Chapter 20 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) Her infidelity.
(b) The way she laughed.
(c) The night Edith killed herself.
(d) The way she smiled.
6. What does the narrator recall F. saying in Chapter 4 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) He longs to have sex with a saint.
(b) He loves Edith.
(c) He is sexually charged.
(d) He wants to have sex with the narrator.
7. Who had their hearts eaten by the Canadian tribes' chiefs?
(a) French priests.
(c) Catherine's mother.
(d) Catherine Tekakwitha.
8. Who cannot find Catherine as she flees to the forest in Chapter 16 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) The young man.
(b) Her mom.
(c) The village priest.
(d) Her dad.
9. What happens to make Catherine flee to the forest in Chapter 16 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) The boy's erection.
(b) She is pregnant.
(c) She is angry.
(d) She is forced to leave her village.
10. What does F. give the narrator in Chapter 18 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) An English-Greek translation book.
(b) A picture.
(c) A Bible.
(d) A letter.
11. What does F. say the glancing kisses from Edith to the narrator are in Chapter 12 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) Expressions of lust.
(d) Expressions of love.
12. What does Catherine Tekakwitha make at her family's new home?
(b) Crafts and wampum.
13. When does the local priest leave Catherine Tekakwitha's village in Chapter 35 of "A History of Them All"?
14. For what purpose is the plan F. uses to lose weight intended?
(a) Skinny people to gain weight.
(b) Bulking up.
(c) Fit people to get fitter.
(d) Heavy people to lose weight.
15. Who does the narrator relate his own mindset to in Chapter 35 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) Catherine Tekakwitha.
(c) Catherine Tekakwitha's uncle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does F. go on a tirade about in Chapter 6 of "A History of Them All"?
2. Where is the narrator living in this novel?
3. What does the note the narrator finds in F.'s fireworks instruct him to do?
4. To what office has F. been elected?
5. How does the narrator react to learning what the telephone game is in Chapter 12 of "A History of Them All"?
This section contains 520 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)