|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does the local priest leave Catherine Tekakwitha's village in Chapter 35 of "A History of Them All"?
2. Who enters the tent to meet Catherine in Chapter 16 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) Her dad.
(b) A young man.
(c) Her mom.
(d) A stranger.
3. What does F. admit to the narrator the night Edith dies in Chapter 5 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) Wanting to marry Edith.
(b) Sleeping with Edith.
(c) Killing Edith.
(d) Loving the narrator.
4. What does F. admit about the near death experience in the car?
(a) Edith was watching over them and protected them.
(b) He wanted to die.
(c) It was sexually exciting.
(d) He and Edith arranged it.
5. What does Catherine Tekakwitha make at her family's new home?
(a) Crafts and wampum.
6. What does the narrator think about to distract himself from his depressing reading in Chapter 12 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) Edith's lips lingering over his body.
(b) Being intimate with F.
(c) Edith's body.
(d) Being intimate with Catherine.
7. What does the narrator describe about Catherine Tekakwitha in Chapter 16 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) The day she was to give birth.
(b) The day she was to leave her village.
(c) The day she was to be married.
(d) The day she became a woman.
8. What does the narrator think about in Chapter 40 of "A History of Them All" in regard to what F. said to him?
(a) He considers F.'s recommendation.
(b) He considers what F. meant about his near death experience.
(c) He considers what F. said about the telephone game.
(d) He considers what F. said about his and Edith's relationship.
9. Who is caught under the spell of F. in Chapter 9 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) Catherine Tekakwitha.
(b) Catherine's mother.
(c) Edith and the narrator.
(d) The Candadian A---- tribe.
10. What covers the narrator's apartment in Chapter 24 of "A History of Them All"?
11. What does the narrator remember about F. in Chapter 14 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) F.'s body.
(b) F.'s tirades.
(c) F.'s humor.
(d) F.'s laugh.
12. How does Edith die?
(a) She is crushed by the elevator shaft.
(b) She is shot.
(c) She dies of a heart attack.
(d) She shoots herself in the head.
13. What does the narrator pray to god for at the end of Chapter 13 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) To stop the bleeding.
(b) To help him grieve.
(c) For any god to help him, and he will not enter a bathroom until he can pass a stool.
(d) To have normal bowels again.
14. What does Catherine cry out as she is being massaged?
(a) She wants to be baptized.
(b) She is a child of the lord.
(d) She wants to have children.
15. In what type of environment do the Iroquois live?
(d) Long houses.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does the narrator call and shout about his burns and constipation in Chapter 30 of "A History of Them All"?
2. What does F. suggest to the narrator in Chapter 12 of "A History of Them All"?
3. In Chapter 15 of "A History of Them All," what does the narrator describe about Catherine Tekakwitha's family?
4. Where does the narrator want Edith's lips to linger specifically?
5. In Chapter 12 of "A History of Them All," what game does F. tell the narrator he and Edith play?
This section contains 588 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)