|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is caught under the spell of F. in Chapter 9 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) Catherine Tekakwitha.
(b) The Candadian A---- tribe.
(c) Edith and the narrator.
(d) Catherine's mother.
2. What does the narrator inventory in Chapter 21 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) F.'s fireworks which were left to him.
(b) F.'s clothes.
(c) His files.
(d) His books.
3. In Chapter 12 of "A History of Them All," what game does F. tell the narrator he and Edith play?
(a) Hide and seek.
(b) The telephone game.
(d) The lust game.
4. What body part does the narrator think about of Edith's in Chapter 12 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) Her ears.
(b) Her navel.
(c) Her breasts.
(d) Her fingers.
5. What item does Catherine give the person who enters her tent?
(b) A token or appreciation.
(c) Consummation of marriage.
(d) A transference of religion.
6. What happens to the room as Catherine disrupts the French banquet?
(a) No one noticed.
(b) Everyone fell silent.
(c) Everyone yelled at her.
(d) They made her leave the banquet.
7. What does the narrator light in Chapter 21 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) A cigar.
(b) A fire.
(c) A cigarette.
8. What does Catherine Tekakwitha make at her family's new home?
(b) Crafts and wampum.
9. What covers the narrator's apartment in Chapter 24 of "A History of Them All"?
10. What has happened to the narrator's bowels by Chapter 13 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) He cannot stop going to the bathroom.
(b) He has not had a bowel movement in days.
(c) They are bleeding.
(d) They have changed colors.
11. What does F. suggest to the narrator in Chapter 12 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) To pleasure himself.
(b) To leave the city.
(c) An oral act of intimacy.
(d) Daily intimacy.
12. What does F. admit to the narrator the night Edith dies in Chapter 5 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) Loving the narrator.
(b) Wanting to marry Edith.
(c) Sleeping with Edith.
(d) Killing Edith.
13. Who replaces the local priest in Chapter 35 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) Jacques de Lamberville.
(c) Catherine Tekakwitha's uncle.
14. In Chapter 13 of "A History of Them All," what has the narrator stopped doing since he read about the plague?
(c) Working and showering.
15. What does the narrator pray to god for at the end of Chapter 13 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) To have normal bowels again.
(b) For any god to help him, and he will not enter a bathroom until he can pass a stool.
(c) To stop the bleeding.
(d) To help him grieve.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is beaten and disowned by their family?
2. Where do Catherine Tekakwitha's family settle?
3. What does F. admit about the near death experience in the car?
4. What does the narrator think about in Chapter 40 of "A History of Them All" in regard to what F. said to him?
5. What does the new priest massage on Catherine's body?
This section contains 545 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)