|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who replaces the local priest in Chapter 35 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) Catherine Tekakwitha's uncle.
(d) Jacques de Lamberville.
2. What does the priest tell Catherine in Chapter 37 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) Their way of life is coming to an end.
(b) She needs to bear his child.
(c) He loves her.
(d) He is gay himself.
3. Where does the narrator want Edith's lips to linger specifically?
(a) His genitals.
(b) His back.
(c) His neck.
(d) His chest.
4. What does F. begin to do as he and the narrator drive in Chapter 39 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) Pleasure himself.
5. What does the narrator pray to god for at the end of Chapter 13 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) For any god to help him, and he will not enter a bathroom until he can pass a stool.
(b) To have normal bowels again.
(c) To help him grieve.
(d) To stop the bleeding.
6. What happens to make Catherine flee to the forest in Chapter 16 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) The boy's erection.
(b) She is pregnant.
(c) She is forced to leave her village.
(d) She is angry.
7. What does F. give the narrator in Chapter 18 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) A letter.
(b) A picture.
(c) An English-Greek translation book.
(d) A Bible.
8. What does F. do with the narrator the night Edith dies?
(a) Cooks for him
(b) Gives him a massage.
(c) Kisses the narrator.
(d) Sits with him and comforts him.
9. Who considered the living situations of the Iroquois immoral?
(a) The government.
(b) French missionaries.
(c) The church.
(d) Baptist missionaries.
10. What does the narrator yearn for in Chapter 33 of "A History of Them All"?
(b) Edith and F.
(c) Every religious medal possible.
(d) Relief from constipation.
11. What is the narrator suffering from at the beginning of the book?
(d) Depression and constipation.
12. What does the narrator read about in regard to Catherine Tekakwitha in Chapter 12 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) Her saint like qualities.
(b) Her desire to become human.
(c) The plague that spread through her village.
(d) Her sexuality.
13. What do F. and the narrator eat in Chapter 18 of "A History of Them All"?
14. To whom does the narrator turn for his salvation?
(a) His ex wife.
(b) An Iroquois saint.
(c) His grandmother.
(d) An old lady.
15. To what office has F. been elected?
(a) Priest of the tribe.
(d) To lead the Canadian army.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is caught under the spell of F. in Chapter 9 of "A History of Them All"?
2. What does the narrator recall about Edith in Chapter 20 of "A History of Them All"?
3. Who is the bully that kicks sand in F.'s face at the beach?
4. Who had their hearts eaten by the Canadian tribes' chiefs?
5. Who cannot find Catherine as she flees to the forest in Chapter 16 of "A History of Them All"?
This section contains 513 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)