|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the narrator relate his own mindset to in Chapter 35 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) Catherine Tekakwitha.
(d) Catherine Tekakwitha's uncle.
2. What does the narrator burn himself with in Chapter 24 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) The grill.
(b) F.'s fireworks.
(c) The oven.
3. What happens to make Catherine flee to the forest in Chapter 16 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) She is angry.
(b) She is forced to leave her village.
(c) She is pregnant.
(d) The boy's erection.
4. To what office has F. been elected?
(b) Priest of the tribe.
(c) To lead the Canadian army.
5. Why does the narrator nearly run the car off the road?
(a) He is pleasuring himself.
(b) He was in mid chant.
(c) He fell asleep.
(d) He was texting on his phone.
6. Who is the bully that kicks sand in F.'s face at the beach?
(a) Charles Axis.
(c) Catherine Tekakwitha.
(d) Axis Charles.
7. What did the boys and F. do to the narrator when they were in school?
(a) Called him names until he cried.
(b) Beat him up.
(c) Held him down and forcibly cut off his warts.
(d) Stuck his head in the toilet.
8. What is the writing style in Chapter 17 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) A poem.
(b) A prayer.
(d) A haiku.
9. What has happened to the narrator's bowels by Chapter 13 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) They have changed colors.
(b) They are bleeding.
(c) He has not had a bowel movement in days.
(d) He cannot stop going to the bathroom.
10. What is the narrator suffering from at the beginning of the book?
(a) Depression and constipation.
11. What does Catherine Tekakwitha make at her family's new home?
(b) Crafts and wampum.
12. Who is tending to Catherine in Chapter 16 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) Her mom.
(b) Her dad.
(c) Her aunts.
(d) Her cousins.
13. What is the narrator convinced the song he listens to in Chapter 30 of "A History of Them All" is about?
(a) Sex with his tribe.
(c) An orgy between Gavis and his goddesses.
(d) Love eternal.
14. In Chapter 12 of "A History of Them All," what game does F. tell the narrator he and Edith play?
(a) The telephone game.
(c) The lust game.
(d) Hide and seek.
15. What does Catherine spill at the French banquet?
(a) Red wine.
(b) White wine.
(c) Tomato sauce.
(d) Grape juice.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why were the living situations of the Iroquois deemed immoral by some?
2. What covers the narrator's apartment in Chapter 24 of "A History of Them All"?
3. What does the narrator pray to god for at the end of Chapter 13 of "A History of Them All"?
4. What does the narrator mention about Edith's assertion as she was being raped by a group of men?
5. Where is the narrator living in this novel?
This section contains 544 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)