|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator realize the purpose of the note from F. is in Chapter 30 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) To miss F.
(b) To miss Edith.
(c) A ploy to get him out of the house.
(d) To make him angry.
2. To what does the narrator compare the living situations of the Iroquois?
(a) As nice as the streets of New York City.
(b) Packed like sardines.
(c) The beginning days of civilization.
(d) A movie theatre at night, stifling its sexuality.
3. F. is accredited to having a similar aura with _____________.
(a) George Washington.
(b) The Canadian A---- tribe's chief leader.
(c) Mother nature.
(d) Marquis de Sade.
4. What does the narrator light in Chapter 21 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) A cigarette.
(b) A fire.
(d) A cigar.
5. What do F. and the narrator eat in Chapter 18 of "A History of Them All"?
6. What is the narrator convinced the song he listens to in Chapter 30 of "A History of Them All" is about?
(a) Love eternal.
(b) An orgy between Gavis and his goddesses.
(d) Sex with his tribe.
7. In Chapter 12 of "A History of Them All," what game does F. tell the narrator he and Edith play?
(b) Hide and seek.
(c) The lust game.
(d) The telephone game.
8. What is the writing style in Chapter 17 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) A poem.
(b) A prayer.
(d) A haiku.
9. What does the narrator recall about Edith in Chapter 20 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) The night Edith killed herself.
(b) The way she smiled.
(c) Her infidelity.
(d) The way she laughed.
10. What does the narrator mention about Edith's assertion as she was being raped by a group of men?
(a) Edith called to Catherine Tekakwitha for help.
(b) Edith bit her attackers.
(c) Edith screamed so loud nature aided her.
(d) Edith said an old prayer that helped her to escape.
11. Where is the narrator living in this novel?
(a) A barn.
(b) An apartment.
(c) A room.
(d) A psychosexual hell.
12. What do Edith and F. do in the game they play in Question 29?
(a) They whispered on each other's body.
(b) They sucked each other's fingers and placed them in each other's ears.
(c) They slept together blindfolded.
(d) They exchanged gum.
13. What plan does F. use to lose weight and gain muscle in Chapter 29 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) The Charles Axis fitness plan.
(b) Protein shake plan.
(c) The Axis Charles fitness plan.
(d) The CA weight loss program.
14. What does Catherine Tekakwitha make at her family's new home?
(d) Crafts and wampum.
15. Where does the narrator want Edith's lips to linger specifically?
(a) His back.
(b) His neck.
(c) His genitals.
(d) His chest.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does the narrator turn for his salvation?
2. What does F. say the glancing kisses from Edith to the narrator are in Chapter 12 of "A History of Them All"?
3. Who considered the living situations of the Iroquois immoral?
4. What does the narrator do in Chapter 23 of "A History of Them All"?
5. Where are F. and the narrator driving to in the car scene?
This section contains 535 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)