|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator think about to distract himself from his depressing reading in Chapter 12 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) Edith's lips lingering over his body.
(b) Edith's body.
(c) Being intimate with F.
(d) Being intimate with Catherine.
2. What does the narrator long to speak publicly against in Chapter 10 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) The Candadian A--- tribe.
(b) The government.
(d) Any repressive institution.
3. What does the narrator tell Edith in Chapter 41 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) He misses her.
(b) He hates her.
(c) He is angered by her infidelity.
(d) He loves her.
4. What does F. say the glancing kisses from Edith to the narrator are in Chapter 12 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) Expressions of lust.
(c) Expressions of love.
5. What happens to the room as Catherine disrupts the French banquet?
(a) They made her leave the banquet.
(b) Everyone yelled at her.
(c) Everyone fell silent.
(d) No one noticed.
6. Who is the bully that kicks sand in F.'s face at the beach?
(b) Axis Charles.
(c) Catherine Tekakwitha.
(d) Charles Axis.
7. To what does the narrator compare the living situations of the Iroquois?
(a) As nice as the streets of New York City.
(b) The beginning days of civilization.
(c) Packed like sardines.
(d) A movie theatre at night, stifling its sexuality.
8. What does F. purchase from his previous employer in Chapter 14 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) His company.
(b) A boat.
(c) A textile factory.
(d) A book.
9. Who falls in love with Catherine in Chapter 26 of "A History of Them All."
(a) The narrator.
(b) A young tribal man.
(c) Edouard Lecompte.
(d) Her uncle.
10. What covers the narrator's apartment in Chapter 24 of "A History of Them All"?
11. What is the writing style in Chapter 17 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) A prayer.
(b) A haiku.
(d) A poem.
12. To whom does the narrator turn for his salvation?
(a) His grandmother.
(b) An old lady.
(c) His ex wife.
(d) An Iroquois saint.
13. What does the narrator recall F. saying in Chapter 4 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) He loves Edith.
(b) He is sexually charged.
(c) He longs to have sex with a saint.
(d) He wants to have sex with the narrator.
14. When does the local priest leave Catherine Tekakwitha's village in Chapter 35 of "A History of Them All"?
15. What does Catherine Tekakwitha make at her family's new home?
(b) Crafts and wampum.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the priest tell Catherine in Chapter 37 of "A History of Them All"?
2. What does the narrator inventory in Chapter 21 of "A History of Them All"?
3. F. is accredited to having a similar aura with _____________.
4. What does the narrator describe about Catherine Tekakwitha in Chapter 16 of "A History of Them All"?
5. What do F. and the narrator eat in Chapter 18 of "A History of Them All"?
This section contains 533 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)