|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who had their hearts eaten by the Canadian tribes' chiefs?
(a) French priests.
(b) Catherine's mother.
(c) Catherine Tekakwitha.
2. What does F. suggest to the narrator in Chapter 12 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) To leave the city.
(b) An oral act of intimacy.
(c) Daily intimacy.
(d) To pleasure himself.
3. What does the note the narrator finds in F.'s fireworks instruct him to do?
(a) Turn on the radio.
(b) Turn on the lights.
(c) Go eat a steak.
(d) Go take a shower.
4. What does F. chastise the narrator for in Chapter 9 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) To stop being hypocrites.
(b) To not feel guilty about their sexual activity.
(c) To not feel guilty about cheating on Edith.
(d) To embrace his homosexuality.
5. What does F. purchase from his previous employer in Chapter 14 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) A textile factory.
(b) His company.
(c) A book.
(d) A boat.
6. Who is caught under the spell of F. in Chapter 9 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) Catherine Tekakwitha.
(b) Edith and the narrator.
(c) The Candadian A---- tribe.
(d) Catherine's mother.
7. What does Catherine spill at the French banquet?
(a) White wine.
(b) Tomato sauce.
(c) Red wine.
(d) Grape juice.
8. What does the narrator think about to distract himself from his depressing reading in Chapter 12 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) Edith's body.
(b) Edith's lips lingering over his body.
(c) Being intimate with Catherine.
(d) Being intimate with F.
9. How does Edith die?
(a) She shoots herself in the head.
(b) She is crushed by the elevator shaft.
(c) She is shot.
(d) She dies of a heart attack.
10. What does F. do with the narrator the night Edith dies?
(a) Gives him a massage.
(b) Kisses the narrator.
(c) Sits with him and comforts him.
(d) Cooks for him
11. What is the writing style in Chapter 17 of "A History of Them All"?
(b) A prayer.
(c) A haiku.
(d) A poem.
12. Who falls in love with Catherine in Chapter 26 of "A History of Them All."
(a) A young tribal man.
(b) Her uncle.
(c) The narrator.
(d) Edouard Lecompte.
13. What does the narrator burn himself with in Chapter 24 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) The oven.
(b) F.'s fireworks.
(d) The grill.
14. What does the narrator think about in Chapter 40 of "A History of Them All" in regard to what F. said to him?
(a) He considers F.'s recommendation.
(b) He considers what F. said about the telephone game.
(c) He considers what F. said about his and Edith's relationship.
(d) He considers what F. meant about his near death experience.
15. What does the narrator say his profession is in Chapter 2 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) He is a janitor.
(b) He is a student.
(c) He is a folklorist and scholar of the Canadian A---- tribe.
(d) He is a scholar of science.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the new priest massage on Catherine's body?
2. What does the narrator pray to god for at the end of Chapter 13 of "A History of Them All"?
3. What item does Catherine give the person who enters her tent?
4. When does the local priest leave Catherine Tekakwitha's village in Chapter 35 of "A History of Them All"?
5. Why does the narrator nearly run the car off the road?
This section contains 576 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)