Short Essay Questions Key
1. Describe the world in which the narrator lives in the novel.
2. The novel was written in the 1960s. How do the contents of the novel relate to that time?
3. Describe how F. and Edith die.
4. What does the narrator remember about Edith in Chapter 7 of "The History of Them All"?
5. What role does F. play in the love triangle of Edith, the narrator, and himself?
6. What motivates the narrator to turn to Catherine Tekakwitha when he is in agony over the deaths of F. and Edith?
7. How is Chapter 10 in "The History of Them All" a symbol of how the narrator is becoming more like F.?
8. Explain how the Iroquois tribe lives and why it was deemed inappropriate by the French missionaries.
9. What does the narrator read about that depresses him so much?
10. What does the narrator think about to distract himself from the reading that depresses him?
This section contains 851 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)