|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The History of Them All: Chapters 35-43.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does F. suggest to the narrator in Chapter 12 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) Daily intimacy.
(b) To leave the city.
(c) To pleasure himself.
(d) An oral act of intimacy.
2. What has happened to the narrator's bowels by Chapter 13 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) They have changed colors.
(b) They are bleeding.
(c) He cannot stop going to the bathroom.
(d) He has not had a bowel movement in days.
3. Why does the narrator nearly run the car off the road?
(a) He is pleasuring himself.
(b) He was texting on his phone.
(c) He was in mid chant.
(d) He fell asleep.
4. What does the narrator think about in Chapter 40 of "A History of Them All" in regard to what F. said to him?
(a) He considers F.'s recommendation.
(b) He considers what F. said about his and Edith's relationship.
(c) He considers what F. said about the telephone game.
(d) He considers what F. meant about his near death experience.
5. Where do Edith and F. play the game F. tells the narrator about in Chapter 12 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) A bathroom.
(b) A closet.
(c) A hotel.
(d) A railroad station.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is caught under the spell of F. in Chapter 9 of "A History of Them All"?
2. What does Catherine cry out as she is being massaged?
3. What does the narrator tell Edith in Chapter 41 of "A History of Them All"?
4. For what purpose is the plan F. uses to lose weight intended?
5. To whom does the narrator turn for his salvation?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)