|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Long Letter from F.: Chapters 17-24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does F. comment on in Chapter 18 in regards to Catherine's death from "A Long Letter from F."?
(a) Its power.
(b) Its racial implications.
(c) Its fallacy.
(d) Its veracity.
2. What is Edith's problem in "A Long Letter from F."?
(a) She cannot reach her maximum pleasure.
(b) She wants to be with the narrator, but F. forbids it.
(c) She is pregnant.
(d) She hates the narrator.
3. What happens to Catherine's best friend when she whips her ?
(a) She nearly bleeds to death.
(b) She dies.
(c) She cries and prays to god.
(d) She become a renewed virgin.
4. What does Catherine give to the person who enters her tent?
(a) A piece of food.
(b) A flower.
(c) A cross.
(d) A ring.
5. What happens just before the narrator reaches his maximum pleasure in Chapter 47 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) The crowd disperses.
(b) The woman vanishes.
(c) The narrator breaks out in hives.
(d) The narrator screams.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is asked of Catherine in Chapter 45 of "A History of Them All"?
2. What does F. begin to do as he and the narrator drive in Chapter 39 of "A History of Them All"?
3. What does the narrator find of Edith's that surprises him in Chapter 44?
4. Where are F. and the narrator driving to in the car scene?
5. Where are Edith, F., and the narrator lying at the beginning of Chapter 44 of "A History of Them All"?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)