|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Long Letter from F.: Chapters 17-24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Catherine at the end of Chapter 46 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) She is saved.
(b) She is celebrated by her tribe.
(c) She is beaten and accused of seducing her uncle.
(d) She is killed.
2. What does the narrator think about to distract himself from his depressing reading in Chapter 12 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) Being intimate with Catherine.
(b) Being intimate with F.
(c) Edith's body.
(d) Edith's lips lingering over his body.
3. What does the narrator mention about Edith's assertion as she was being raped by a group of men?
(a) Edith bit her attackers.
(b) Edith called to Catherine Tekakwitha for help.
(c) Edith screamed so loud nature aided her.
(d) Edith said an old prayer that helped her to escape.
4. What happens in the uncle's tent at the end of Chapter 49 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) An orgy commences.
(b) He dies.
(c) Singing and dancing.
(d) A party is held.
5. What happens to make Catherine flee to the forest in Chapter 16 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) The boy's erection.
(b) She is angry.
(c) She is forced to leave her village.
(d) She is pregnant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does F. comment on in Chapter 18 in regards to Catherine's death from "A Long Letter from F."?
2. What does F. admit to the narrator the night Edith dies in Chapter 5 of "A History of Them All"?
3. When does the local priest leave Catherine Tekakwitha's village in Chapter 35 of "A History of Them All"?
4. What does the narrator wish F. had left him instead of his possessions?
5. Who are the head priests at the Mission ?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)