|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The History of Them All: Chapters 48-52.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not mentioned as a part of the book given to the narrator by F. in Chapter 52 of "A History of Them All"?
(b) Dry cleaners.
(c) Post offices.
(d) Barber shops.
2. What does the narrator light in Chapter 21 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) A cigarette.
(b) A cigar.
(c) A fire.
3. What does the narrator pledge to F. in Chapter 50 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) His honor.
(b) His love and fidelity.
(c) His hatred.
(d) His obediance after he dies.
4. What does the narrator think about to distract himself from his depressing reading in Chapter 12 of "A History of Them All"?
(a) Being intimate with Catherine.
(b) Edith's body.
(c) Edith's lips lingering over his body.
(d) Being intimate with F.
5. What item does Catherine give the person who enters her tent?
(a) A token or appreciation.
(c) Consummation of marriage.
(d) A transference of religion.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 12 of "A History of Them All," what game does F. tell the narrator he and Edith play?
2. Who says they would rather have sex with a thorn than a hunter?
3. What does Catherine cry out as she is being massaged?
4. What is the narrator convinced the song he listens to in Chapter 30 of "A History of Them All" is about?
5. What does the narrator say about F.'s personality in Chapter 14 of "A History of Them All"?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)