|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom does Macon Ravenwood arrive at the public hearing in “When the Saints Go Marching In”?
2. What does the book do to Ethan every time he touches it in “Grave Digging”?
3. Who is said to be fully focused on having Lena expelled from school in “It Rhymes with Witch”?
4. What does Ethan give to Genevieve before he dies a second time in the time-travel world of “Domus Lunae Libri”?
5. Who does Ethan rush to Ravenwood to find in “The Claiming”?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Ridley’s response when Ethan asks her why she’s doing what she’s doing in “Lollipop Girl”?
2. What assertions does Macon make in response to the previous testimony at the hearing in “When the Saints Go Marching In”?
3. In what ways is the setting of the party significant to the main characters in “Sweet Sixteen”?
4. What discovery does Ethan make of his father’s work in “White Christmas”? How does Ethan respond?
5. What does Macon Ravenwood reveal about his supernatural abilities in “The Sandman or Something Like Him”?
6. What isolated conversation takes place between Lena and Amma in “Just Your Average American Holiday”?
7. Where are Lena, Ethan, and Marian transported when they touch the locket in “Domus Lunae Libri”? What does Genevieve do?
8. Describe the denouement of the novel. Does the story end happily?
9. What do Ethan and Lena discuss when she finally lets him into her room in “Sweet Sixteen”?
10. What message do Ethan and Lena find in a book from Ethan’s father’s study in “White Christmas”? How do they decipher this message?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Define “narrative point of view” and discuss the narrative perspective in Beautiful Creatures. Who is the narrator of the story? Is the narrative perspective limited or omniscient? How does this affect the story?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the theme of secrecy in Beautiful Creatures. In your essay, examine and discuss the characters, symbolism, and imagery that the authors use to support this theme. How does the theme apply in both the Mortal world and the Caster world?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the characters of Savannah Snow and Emily Ashcroft. How do these girls relate to Lena? Why? What are their histories with Ethan and the other students at Jackson High?
This section contains 909 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)