|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the song that Ethan discovers on his iPod after his recurring dream in “Dream On”?
2. Who warns Genevieve that casting a spell to revive the dead will have consequences in “Marian the Librarian”?
3. In Ethan’s recurring dream in “Dream On,” he is attempting to save a girl who is what?
4. On what date does “Marian the Librarian” open?
5. “Boo Radley” is a famous character that originally appeared in what novel?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who are “The Sisters” that this chapter title references? What is their relationship to Ethan?
2. What supernatural incidents are described in the opening of “The Real Boo Radley”?
3. What does Lena explain to Ethan about the names of her family members in “The Writing on the Wall”?
4. Why does Lena say she doesn’t want to begin a relationship with Ethan in “A Crack in the Plaster”? How does Ethan respond?
5. What awakens Ethan in “The Greats”? Where does he go upon awakening?
6. How is the setting of Gatlin, South Carolina described in “The Middle of Nowhere”? How does Ethan explain his role within the community?
7. What does Ethan learn about the history of Ravenwood in “The Sisters”?
8. What does Ethan reveal to Lena about the locket in “The Real Boo Radley”? Why does Lena skip school in this chapter?
9. What is significant about the conversation between Ethan and Lena regarding the storm in “Collision”?
10. What conversation does Ethan overhear between Macon Ravenwood and Amma in “The Greats”?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the relationship that Gatlin has with history, and specifically the history surrounding the Civil War. What battles are said to have taken place in or around Gatlin? How do the authors address the aspects of slavery involved in the Civil War? Were Lena and/or Ethan’s families slave owners?
Essay Topic 2
Describe and analyze the character of Lena Duchannes in the novel. What does Lena look like? Why does she stand apart from the other teenagers at Ethan’s school? Where does Lena live?
Essay Topic 3
Describe and discuss the setting of Gatlin, South Carolina, as depicted in the opening of Beautiful Creatures. How does the narrator feel about his hometown? How does his father describe the town? How large is the town?
This section contains 911 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)