|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ethan gives up what sport in order to be with Lena and to avoid squabbles with his teammates in “White Christmas”?
2. Ethan says in “Silver Lining,” “It’s crazy what you see if you” what?
(a) “Aren’t really looking.”
(b) “Can no longer see.”
(c) “Actually look around.”
(d) “Close your eyes.”
3. Lena tells Ethan they have less than how much time before her birthday in “White Christmas”?
(a) 2 months.
(b) 2 weeks.
(c) 4 months.
(d) 2 days.
4. What local business does Macon threaten to shut down if Lena is expelled in “When the Saints Go Marching In”?
(a) The movie theater.
(b) The hotel.
(c) The private school.
(d) The pharmacy.
5. Macon tells the townspeople at the public hearing that if Lena must be home-schooled, he will have to invite whom to live with him?
(a) Her brother.
(b) Her cousins.
(c) Her sister.
(d) Her mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the public hearing in “When the Saints Go Marching In,” Macon threatens to bring what corporate store to town if Lena is expelled?
2. Whose words is Lena reciting when she says “not with a bang but a whimper” in “Sweet Sixteen”?
3. Ethan says in “The Sandman or Something Like Him” that it is how long until Lena’s birthday?
4. Link announces that he’s going away over Christmas vacation with whom in “White Christmas”?
5. In “The Sandman or Something Like Him,” Ethan dreams of trying to save Lena from what?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the setting of the Caster Library described in “Domus Lunae Libri”?
2. What role does Amma play in “The Claiming”? What information does she relate in this chapter?
3. What is Ridley’s response when Ethan asks her why she’s doing what she’s doing in “Lollipop Girl”?
4. What holiday is being celebrated in “Just Your Average American Holiday”? How is the setting and atmosphere described in the chapter?
5. What final jabs does Macon make on the townspeople at the hearing in “When the Saints Go Marching In”?
6. How is the atmosphere of the school described in the beginning of “White Christmas”?
7. Where are Ethan and Link going when they encounter Mrs. Lincoln in “Family Reunion”?
8. In what ways is the setting of the party significant to the main characters in “Sweet Sixteen”?
9. What does Ethan consider of Mrs. Lincoln’s “testimony” at the hearing in “When the Saints Go Marching In”?
10. What does Macon Ravenwood reveal about his supernatural abilities in “The Sandman or Something Like Him”?
This section contains 922 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)