|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what date is “When the Saints Go Marching In” set?
(a) December 13.
(b) February 11.
(c) December 16.
(d) November 27.
2. By what name is the Caster Library called in the novel?
(a) The Lunae Libri.
(b) The Caster Libri.
(c) The Scribere Libere.
(d) The Libri Maze.
3. Who provides a corsage for Ethan to give Lena in “Melting”?
4. How many “days and counting” does Ethan say it is until Lena’s birthday in “The Battle of Honey Hill”?
5. Whose words is Lena reciting when she says “not with a bang but a whimper” in “Sweet Sixteen”?
(a) Walt Whitman’s.
(b) T. S. Eliot’s.
(c) Peter James's.
(d) Edgar Allen Poe's.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the book do to Ethan every time he touches it in “Grave Digging”?
2. The curse that befalls Genevieve’s family dictates that every one of her descendants will be what on the night of their sixteenth birthdays?
3. In “Domus Lunae Libri,” Marian announces that the Caster Library is open from 9:00 p.m. until what time?
4. Macon tells Ethan in “The Sandman or Something Like Him” that he replenishes himself by taking what from mortals?
5. Lena learns in “Family Reunion” that Casters cannot have a physical relationship with Mortals without what?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the birthday party described in “Sweet Sixteen”? Who performs at the party?
2. What role does Amma play in “The Claiming”? What information does she relate in this chapter?
3. Who arrives with Macon in “Family Reunion”? How does Macon respond to Sarafine’s accusations?
4. What realization does Ethan have regarding the people of Gatlin in “When the Saints Go Marching In”?
5. What does Ethan consider of Mrs. Lincoln’s “testimony” at the hearing in “When the Saints Go Marching In”?
6. What isolated conversation takes place between Lena and Amma in “Just Your Average American Holiday”?
7. What message do Ethan and Lena find in a book from Ethan’s father’s study in “White Christmas”? How do they decipher this message?
8. How is the setting of the Caster Library described in “Domus Lunae Libri”?
9. What does Macon Ravenwood reveal about his supernatural abilities in “The Sandman or Something Like Him”?
10. What holiday is being celebrated in “Just Your Average American Holiday”? How is the setting and atmosphere described in the chapter?
This section contains 941 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)