|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is with Macon waiting in the Caster Library when Ethan, Lena, and Marian return in “Domus Lunae Libri”?
2. “White Christmas” begins on what date?
(a) February 11.
(b) October 12.
(c) December 19.
(d) December 13.
3. In “The Sandman or Something Like Him,” Ethan dreams of trying to save Lena from what?
(a) A flood.
(b) A fire.
(c) A vampire.
(d) A falling tree.
4. Who asks Ethan to look after Lena in “Just Your Average American Holiday”?
5. Who flings the door open at Ravenwood Manor and says to Ethan in “Sweet Sixteen,” “Finally, we’ve been waiting for you. Lena is in her room and she won’t let any of us in”?
(a) Aunt Del.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ethan learns that his father is on the balcony where in his pajamas in “Lollipop Girl”?
2. Ethan is surprised to learn in “Domus Lunae Libri” that the entrance to the Caster Library is located where?
3. Why does Ethan’s dad leave his study while Ethan and Lena are in the house in “White Christmas”?
4. At the public hearing in “When the Saints Go Marching In,” Mrs. Lincoln claims that Lena was where prior to her arrival at Gatlin?
5. What does Ethan discover his father has been writing when he and Lena enter his study in “White Christmas”?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what ways is the setting of the party significant to the main characters in “Sweet Sixteen”?
2. What holiday is being celebrated in “Just Your Average American Holiday”? How is the setting and atmosphere described in the chapter?
3. How is the birthday party described in “Sweet Sixteen”? Who performs at the party?
4. How is the setting of the Caster Library described in “Domus Lunae Libri”?
5. Who arrives with Macon in “Family Reunion”? How does Macon respond to Sarafine’s accusations?
6. What final jabs does Macon make on the townspeople at the hearing in “When the Saints Go Marching In”?
7. What does Ethan consider of Mrs. Lincoln’s “testimony” at the hearing in “When the Saints Go Marching In”?
8. What message do Ethan and Lena find in a book from Ethan’s father’s study in “White Christmas”? How do they decipher this message?
9. How is the crisis surrounding Ethan’s father resolved in the end of “Lollipop Girl”?
10. What assertions does Macon make in response to the previous testimony at the hearing in “When the Saints Go Marching In”?
This section contains 980 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)