|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lena tells Ethan that Larkin is what, in “A Crack in the Plaster”?
(a) A siren.
(b) A shifter.
(c) An illusionist.
(d) A palimpsest.
2. Macon Ravenwood reveals that Amma has what power in “The Greats”?
(a) She is a vampire.
(b) She is a siren.
(c) She is a seer.
(d) She is a succubus.
3. Ethan is entering what year in high school in the beginning of the novel?
(a) His freshman year.
(b) His junior year.
(c) His sophomore year.
(d) His senior year.
4. What relative of Lena’s is said to have the ability to make his arms appear as snakes in “Gathering Days”?
5. On what date does “The Last Three Rows” begin?
(a) February 11.
(b) September 24.
(c) September 15.
(d) October 12.
Short Answer Questions
1. Marian is the librarian for the Gatlin Public Library as well as for what library?
2. Macon Ravenwood tells Amma that Ethan still has what in “The Greats”?
3. Ethan learns from his aunts in “The Sisters” that the initials on the locket stand for what name?
4. What is the name of the postmaster that Amma gets a ride from in “The Greats”?
5. What term does Lena use to describe people in her family who hold magical powers in “A Fork in the Road”?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Lena upset when she, Ethan, and Marian return to the present in “Marian the Librarian”? How does Marian respond?
2. What part of the library does Ethan visit for the first time in “Marian the Librarian”? How is this room described?
3. What happens outside of Ethan’s father’s study in the beginning of “Marian the Librarian”?
4. How does Lena describe her family members’ supernatural powers in “A Crack in the Plaster”?
5. What strange occurrence happens late at night in “Hallow E’en”?
6. How does Lena explain her personal predicament to Ethan in “A Crack in the Plaster”?
7. How are the chapters structured in the novel? What is the significance of the dates noted?
8. How does Ethan describe the physicality between himself and Lena in the early chapters of the novel?
9. Why does Lena attempt to push Ethan away in “Greenbrier”? How does Ethan respond?
10. What does Ethan learn about the history of Ravenwood in “The Sisters”?
This section contains 892 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)