|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ethan’s friend Link tells him in “The Real Boo Radley” that a “lynch mob” is setting out to do what?
(a) Have the mayor impeached.
(b) Catch a runaway slave.
(c) Burn down the library.
(d) Have Lena expelled from school.
2. Who tells Ethan in “New Girl” that the new girl is a niece of Macon Ravenwood in “New Girl”?
3. What date is given in the opening of “Broken Glass”?
(a) March 12.
(b) September 12.
(c) September 2.
(d) September 24.
4. Where do Ethan and Link pass a truant officer in the beginning of “New Girl”?
(a) The Baptist Church.
(b) The train depot.
(c) The Stop and Shop.
(d) The hidden smoking alley.
5. On what date is “The Writing on the Wall” set?
(a) November 1.
(b) November 29.
(c) November 2.
(d) November 11.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the high school that Ethan attends?
2. Ethan has a nightmare in which he is what in “The Real Boo Radley”?
3. On what date does “Dream On” begin?
4. What does Ethan find strange after he awakens from the recurring dream in “Dream On”?
5. What is Ethan surprised to see the interior of Ravenwood Manor looking like when he enters in “Greenbrier”?
Short Essay Questions
1. What confuses Ethan about the appearance of Ravenwood Manor when he arrives in “The Real Boo Radley”?
2. Why does Lena attempt to push Ethan away in “Greenbrier”? How does Ethan respond?
3. How does Lena explain her personal predicament to Ethan in “A Crack in the Plaster”?
4. What conversation does Ethan overhear between Macon Ravenwood and Amma in “The Greats”?
5. What does Ethan reveal to Lena about the locket in “The Real Boo Radley”? Why does Lena skip school in this chapter?
6. Where is Ethan’s mother in the story? What is the impact of her absence as seen in “The Middle of Nowhere”?
7. Who is “Boo Radley” in “The Real Boo Radley”? What novel is this name an allusion to?
8. What is the significance of the numbers written on Lena’s hand in the novel?
9. What is Amma’s role within the Wate household? How is her role in the family illustrated through her actions in “The Middle of Nowhere”?
10. In “A Crack in the Plaster,” Lena relates a story of a teenager who was Claimed Dark. How does this scenario turn out, and what does it indicate?
This section contains 951 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)