|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Macon Ravenwood reveals that Amma has what power in “The Greats”?
(a) She is a seer.
(b) She is a vampire.
(c) She is a succubus.
(d) She is a siren.
2. Ethan is entering what year in high school in the beginning of the novel?
(a) His junior year.
(b) His freshman year.
(c) His sophomore year.
(d) His senior year.
3. What is written on the walls of Lena’s room in “A Crack in the Plaster”?
(a) The words of her favorite song.
(b) Threats from ghosts.
(c) The opening chapters of a novel.
(d) Poetry written by Lena.
4. The visitor who knocks at Ethan’s door late at night in “Hallow E’en” offers him what?
(a) A key.
(b) Candied apples.
(c) Soda pop.
5. What are the names of Ethan’s three elderly aunts he visits every week?
(a) Sarafine, Emily, and Ridley.
(b) Mary, Katherine, and Christina.
(c) Elizabeth, Marsha, and Sarah.
(d) Mercy, Prudence, and Grace.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lena tells Ethan that Larkin is what, in “A Crack in the Plaster”?
2. On what date does “Gathering Days” begin?
3. Who leads Ethan to Lena when he enters Ravenwood Manor in “Hallow E’en”?
4. On what date does “A Fork in the Road” begin?
5. What is the name of the town where Ethan lives in the novel?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Lena explain her personal predicament to Ethan in “A Crack in the Plaster”?
2. How is the setting of Gatlin, South Carolina described in “The Middle of Nowhere”? How does Ethan explain his role within the community?
3. Where is Ethan’s mother in the story? What is the impact of her absence as seen in “The Middle of Nowhere”?
4. Who is “Boo Radley” in “The Real Boo Radley”? What novel is this name an allusion to?
5. What conversation does Ethan overhear between Macon Ravenwood and Amma in “The Greats”?
6. How does Ethan describe the physicality between himself and Lena in the early chapters of the novel?
7. What awakens Ethan in “The Greats”? Where does he go upon awakening?
8. When Ethan and Lena show Marian the locket and travel back in time in “Marian the Librarian,” what scene do they arrive in?
9. What confuses Ethan about the appearance of Ravenwood Manor when he arrives in “The Real Boo Radley”?
10. What is Amma’s role within the Wate household? How is her role in the family illustrated through her actions in “The Middle of Nowhere”?
This section contains 927 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)