|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Ethan awaken in the beginning of “The Writing on the Wall”?
(a) His father's study.
(b) The basement of his house.
(c) The cemetery.
(d) Lena’s bedroom.
2. What happens when Ethan takes out the locket inside Ravenwood Manor in “The Real Boo Radley”?
(a) A ghost appears from the floor.
(b) The lights and music go off.
(c) Angels appear in the sky.
(d) The house bursts into flames.
3. What date opens “A Crack in the Plaster”?
(a) October 9.
(b) October 12.
(c) September 12.
(d) September 15.
4. What occurs when Lena accidentally bumps into Ethan at school in “Broken Glass”?
(a) A window comes crashing to the floor.
(b) A light erupts into sparks.
(c) The hairs on Ethan’s head become singed.
(d) The mirrors in the room begin to spin.
5. Who warns Genevieve that casting a spell to revive the dead will have consequences in “Marian the Librarian”?
Short Answer Questions
1. What aroma does Ethan frequently smell after his recurring dreams and when strange things happen in the novel?
2. What does Amma insist that Ethan do with the locket he’s found in “The Sisters”?
3. What is the name of the postmaster that Amma gets a ride from in “The Greats”?
4. Amma tells Macon Ravenwood that her family has been “cleaning up the messes” for Macon’s family for how long in “The Greats”?
5. What is the name of the town where Ethan lives in the novel?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ethan learn about the history of Ravenwood in “The Sisters”?
2. What confuses Ethan about the appearance of Ravenwood Manor when he arrives in “The Real Boo Radley”?
3. How does Lena explain her personal predicament to Ethan in “A Crack in the Plaster”?
4. What is Amma’s role within the Wate household? How is her role in the family illustrated through her actions in “The Middle of Nowhere”?
5. Who are “The Sisters” that this chapter title references? What is their relationship to Ethan?
6. Who is “Boo Radley” in “The Real Boo Radley”? What novel is this name an allusion to?
7. Why does Lena say she doesn’t want to begin a relationship with Ethan in “A Crack in the Plaster”? How does Ethan respond?
8. Where is Ethan’s mother in the story? What is the impact of her absence as seen in “The Middle of Nowhere”?
9. When Ethan and Lena show Marian the locket and travel back in time in “Marian the Librarian,” what scene do they arrive in?
10. What strange occurrence happens late at night in “Hallow E’en”?
This section contains 954 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)