|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the book do to Ethan every time he touches it in “Grave Digging”?
(a) It makes him travel to the past.
(b) It singes his hands.
(c) It makes him travel to the future.
(d) It makes him start singing.
2. Who flings the door open at Ravenwood Manor and says to Ethan in “Sweet Sixteen,” “Finally, we’ve been waiting for you. Lena is in her room and she won’t let any of us in”?
(b) Aunt Del.
3. Ethan is surprised to learn in “Domus Lunae Libri” that the entrance to the Caster Library is located where?
(a) At the Gatlin Historical Society.
(b) At Ravenwoon Manor.
(c) At the Gatlin Catholic Church.
(d) At the School gymnasium.
4. Ethan realizes in “Lost and Found” that the book he and Lena are searching for is likely located where?
(a) Genevieve’s grave.
(b) His uncle's attic.
(c) The Catholic Church.
(d) The Ravenwood Manor garden.
5. Who is with Macon waiting in the Caster Library when Ethan, Lena, and Marian return in “Domus Lunae Libri”?
6. What words of Lena’s awaken Ethan in the beginning of “Sweet Sixteen”?
(a) “I don’t know where I am! Ethan please help me!”
(b) “Ethan! Come save me! Come quickly before it’s too late!”
(c) “Please let me go into the light! Please stop the darkness!”
(d) “Leave me alone! I told all of you! There’s nothing you can do!”
7. Ethan gives up what sport in order to be with Lena and to avoid squabbles with his teammates in “White Christmas”?
8. Lena learns in “Family Reunion” that Casters cannot have a physical relationship with Mortals without what?
(a) Killing them.
(b) Producing evil offspring.
(d) Becoming mortal.
9. What does Ethan show Lena about the door to his dad’s study in “White Christmas”?
(a) It unlocks itself.
(b) To produces music.
(c) It makes a cooing sound.
(d) It burns like fire.
10. What book have Ethan and Lena been going through to find a solution for Lena in “Promise”?
(a) The Book of Moons.
(b) The Book of Songs.
(c) The Book of Suns.
(d) The Book of Ruins.
11. Link announces that he’s going away over Christmas vacation with whom in “White Christmas”?
12. What community event takes place throughout “The Claiming”?
(a) The annual Easter egg hunt.
(b) The decking of the Christmas tree.
(c) The annual community theater musical.
(d) A Civil War reenactment.
13. Why does Ethan’s dad leave his study while Ethan and Lena are in the house in “White Christmas”?
(a) To take a shower.
(b) To go to the bar.
(c) To call his wife.
(d) To go to the park.
14. What is the name of Lena’s grandmother, whom she calls “Gramma”?
(a) Dorothy Duchannes.
(b) Sarafine Duchannes.
(c) Prudence Duchannes.
(d) Emmaline Duchannes.
15. By what nickname is Reece Duchannes called in the novel?
(a) “Reece the Beast.”
(b) “Reece the Peace.”
(c) “Reece Maurice.”
(d) “Reece’s Pieces.”
Short Answer Questions
1. Who describes the curse that befalls Genevieve’s family in “Domus Lunae Libri”?
2. Marian reveals in “Domus Lunae Libri” that what book has been missing for many years?
3. What local business does Macon threaten to shut down if Lena is expelled in “When the Saints Go Marching In”?
4. In “Domus Lunae Libri,” Marian announces that the Caster Library is open from 9:00 p.m. until what time?
5. What kind of tree bursts into flames in “The Battle of Honey Hill”?
This section contains 598 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)