|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of tree bursts into flames in “The Battle of Honey Hill”?
(a) A redwood tree.
(b) A cypress tree.
(c) An oak tree.
(d) A willow tree.
2. Ethan discovers in “Family Reunion” that what relative of Lena’s is a Dark Caster?
(a) Aunt Del.
(d) Mercy Lynne.
3. Why does Ethan’s dad leave his study while Ethan and Lena are in the house in “White Christmas”?
(a) To take a shower.
(b) To go to the park.
(c) To call his wife.
(d) To go to the bar.
4. The narrator says in “Silver Lining” that the last thing Ethan remembers, he was holding what object?
(a) An angel statue.
(b) A book of spells.
(c) A locket.
(d) A cloth doll.
5. Whose words is Lena reciting when she says “not with a bang but a whimper” in “Sweet Sixteen”?
(a) Edgar Allen Poe's.
(b) Peter James's.
(c) Walt Whitman’s.
(d) T. S. Eliot’s.
6. Who asks Ethan if he and Lena are attending the Winter Formal in “Waist Deep”?
7. What is the date that opens “It Rhymes with Witch”?
(a) December 11.
(b) December 22.
(c) December 2.
(d) December 1.
8. On what date does “Melting” take place?
(a) January 1.
(b) December 1.
(c) December 13.
(d) December 7.
9. What date is given in the opening of “Domus Lunae Libri”?
(a) November 28.
(b) November 26.
(c) November 22.
(d) November 27.
10. Who stabs Ethan in “The Claiming”?
11. Ethan gives up what sport in order to be with Lena and to avoid squabbles with his teammates in “White Christmas”?
12. “White Christmas” begins on what date?
(a) December 19.
(b) February 11.
(c) December 13.
(d) October 12.
13. By what nickname is Reece Duchannes called in the novel?
(a) “Reece’s Pieces.”
(b) “Reece the Beast.”
(c) “Reece Maurice.”
(d) “Reece the Peace.”
14. What word refers to a demon in male form that lies upon sleepers?
15. Whose eyes do Lena and the others look through to see the book dropping into the grave in “Grave Digging”?
(c) Aunt Del’s.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Link’s band that is set to perform in “Sweet Sixteen”?
2. What does Ethan give to Genevieve before he dies a second time in the time-travel world of “Domus Lunae Libri”?
3. At the public hearing in “When the Saints Go Marching In,” Mrs. Lincoln claims that Lena was where prior to her arrival at Gatlin?
4. On what date does “Just Your Average American Holiday” begin?
5. Who is with Macon waiting in the Caster Library when Ethan, Lena, and Marian return in “Domus Lunae Libri”?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)