|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ethan describes finding Lena in the rain on what highway in “Lollipop Girl”?
(a) Route 18.
(b) Route 66.
(c) Route 7.
(d) Route 9.
2. Macon tells Ethan in “The Sandman or Something Like Him” that he replenishes himself by taking what from mortals?
3. Ethan says in “Silver Lining,” “It’s crazy what you see if you” what?
(a) “Actually look around.”
(b) “Can no longer see.”
(c) “Aren’t really looking.”
(d) “Close your eyes.”
4. Marian reveals in “Domus Lunae Libri” that what book has been missing for many years?
(a) The Book of Psalms.
(b) The Book of Ruins.
(c) The Book of Moons.
(d) The Book of Sunds.
5. What community event takes place throughout “The Claiming”?
(a) A Civil War reenactment.
(b) The annual community theater musical.
(c) The decking of the Christmas tree.
(d) The annual Easter egg hunt.
6. On what date does “Just Your Average American Holiday” begin?
(a) November 2.
(b) November 10.
(c) November 15.
(d) November 27.
7. Where is the hiding place that Ethan hid the spell book in “Sweet Sixteen”?
(a) The back of the attic.
(b) The top of his closet.
(c) Under his bed.
(d) Under his pillow.
8. Whose body replaces Ethan’s when Lena recites the spell in “The Claiming”?
9. Who stabs Ethan in “The Claiming”?
10. What does Ethan show Lena about the door to his dad’s study in “White Christmas”?
(a) It burns like fire.
(b) It makes a cooing sound.
(c) It unlocks itself.
(d) To produces music.
11. Whose words is Lena reciting when she says “not with a bang but a whimper” in “Sweet Sixteen”?
(a) Edgar Allen Poe's.
(b) Walt Whitman’s.
(c) Peter James's.
(d) T. S. Eliot’s.
12. Why does Ethan’s dad leave his study while Ethan and Lena are in the house in “White Christmas”?
(a) To go to the bar.
(b) To go to the park.
(c) To call his wife.
(d) To take a shower.
13. With whom does Macon Ravenwood arrive at the public hearing in “When the Saints Go Marching In”?
14. What kind of tree bursts into flames in “The Battle of Honey Hill”?
(a) A redwood tree.
(b) A cypress tree.
(c) An oak tree.
(d) A willow tree.
15. At the Winter Formal, one of the characters creates a disaster by turning the fake snow into a watery mess, which then does what?
(a) Stains Lena's dress.
(b) Sets off electrical problems.
(c) Floods the entire school under ten feet of water.
(d) Causes the rats to come running from the walls.
Short Answer Questions
1. Link announces that he’s going away over Christmas vacation with whom in “White Christmas”?
2. What student group has been formed with the goal of making the school safe in “It Rhymes with Witch”?
3. Who does Ethan rush to Ravenwood to find in “The Claiming”?
4. On what date does the author open “Waist Deep”?
5. What character in “Sweet Sixteen” is said to shift “idly between shapes, like a dealer shuffling a deck of cards”?
This section contains 494 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)