|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of tree bursts into flames in “The Battle of Honey Hill”?
(a) A willow tree.
(b) An oak tree.
(c) A cypress tree.
(d) A redwood tree.
2. The girls from where are described as “looking skanky in their tank tops and baby tees” in “Family Reunion”?
(d) Little Rock.
3. Who speaks at the public hearing to say that the window Lena broke in school almost “cut my baby to shreds” in “When the Saints Go Marching In”?
(a) Mrs. Lincoln.
(b) Mrs. Snow.
(c) Mrs. Paulson.
(d) Mrs. Smith.
4. Ethan discovers in “Family Reunion” that what relative of Lena’s is a Dark Caster?
(b) Aunt Del.
(d) Mercy Lynne.
5. In “The Sandman or Something Like Him,” Ethan dreams of trying to save Lena from what?
(a) A falling tree.
(b) A flood.
(c) A fire.
(d) A vampire.
6. With whom does Macon Ravenwood arrive at the public hearing in “When the Saints Go Marching In”?
7. What date is presented in the beginning of “Lollipop Girl”?
(a) February 11.
(b) October 10.
(c) September 2.
(d) January 12.
8. Lena tells Ethan they have less than how much time before her birthday in “White Christmas”?
(a) 2 weeks.
(b) 2 days.
(c) 2 months.
(d) 4 months.
9. What word refers to a demon in male form that lies upon sleepers?
10. By what name is the Caster Library called in the novel?
(a) The Libri Maze.
(b) The Scribere Libere.
(c) The Caster Libri.
(d) The Lunae Libri.
11. Who heads back from Ravenwood with Ethan to help Lena in “The Claiming”?
12. What is the message that Lena and Ethan decipher from the page numbers in the book in Ethan’s father’s study in “White Christmas”?
(a) "Be dark."
(b) “Claim yourself.”
(c) “Enter the light.”
(d) "Stay Calm."
13. At the public hearing in “When the Saints Go Marching In,” Macon threatens to bring what corporate store to town if Lena is expelled?
14. The narrator says in “Silver Lining” that the last thing Ethan remembers, he was holding what object?
(a) A cloth doll.
(b) A book of spells.
(c) An angel statue.
(d) A locket.
15. Who attacks and injures Macon in “The Claiming”?
Short Answer Questions
1. Ethan gives up what sport in order to be with Lena and to avoid squabbles with his teammates in “White Christmas”?
2. Who does Ethan rush to Ravenwood to find in “The Claiming”?
3. Ethan learns that his father is on the balcony where in his pajamas in “Lollipop Girl”?
4. Who does Lena say helped her sneak out of Ravenwood in “Sweet Sixteen”?
5. The curse that befalls Genevieve’s family dictates that every one of her descendants will be what on the night of their sixteenth birthdays?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)