|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ethan find strange after he awakens from the recurring dream in “Dream On”?
(a) He is covered in leaves.
(b) He has forgotten how to speak.
(c) He has dirt under his nails.
(d) He is covered in snow.
2. Marian tells Ethan that the locket in the painting is rumored to be what, in “Marian the Librarian”?
(a) A secret betrothal gift.
(b) A cursed amulet.
(c) A stolen amulet.
(d) An amulet for his daughter.
3. What causes the supernatural attack on Lena to end in “Hallow E’en”?
(a) The book.
(b) Ethan’s presence.
(c) Amma’s amulet.
(d) The locket.
4. Who leads Ethan to Lena when he enters Ravenwood Manor in “Hallow E’en”?
(c) Boo Radley.
5. How is Link’s car referred to in the novel?
(a) "The Whip."
(b) "The Lemon."
(c) “The Beater.”
(d) "The Gas Guzzler."
6. On what date does “Collision” begin?
(a) September 11.
(b) September 2.
(c) June 16.
(d) September 23.
7. What is the second set of initials that Lena and Ethan ponder in “The Real Boo Radley”?
8. What is written on the walls of Lena’s room in “A Crack in the Plaster”?
(a) The words of her favorite song.
(b) The opening chapters of a novel.
(c) Poetry written by Lena.
(d) Threats from ghosts.
9. What is the name of the housekeeper/caretaker who sees over Ethan in the novel?
10. On what date does “Red Sweater” take place?
(a) October 12.
(b) October 10.
(c) October 9.
(d) October 24.
11. What occurs when Lena accidentally bumps into Ethan at school in “Broken Glass”?
(a) The mirrors in the room begin to spin.
(b) The hairs on Ethan’s head become singed.
(c) A light erupts into sparks.
(d) A window comes crashing to the floor.
12. What song plays on Ethan’s phone in the beginning of “The Writing on the Wall”?
(a) “Wish You Were Here.”
(b) “Seventeen Moons.”
(c) “Sixteen Moons.”
13. Ethan’s friend Link tells him in “The Real Boo Radley” that a “lynch mob” is setting out to do what?
(a) Catch a runaway slave.
(b) Have Lena expelled from school.
(c) Have the mayor impeached.
(d) Burn down the library.
14. The visitor who knocks at Ethan’s door late at night in “Hallow E’en” offers him what?
(b) A key.
(c) Candied apples.
(d) Soda pop.
15. What is the name of the location where Amma lives?
(a) Jackson Square.
(b) Ravenwood Manor.
(c) Miller’s Crossing.
(d) Wader’s Creek.
Short Answer Questions
1. What initials do Lena and Ethan find on the locket Ethan has found in “Greenbrier”?
2. What term does Lena use to describe people in her family who hold magical powers in “A Fork in the Road”?
3. Ethan learns from his aunts in “The Sisters” that the initials on the locket stand for what name?
4. What relative of Lena’s is said to have the ability to make his arms appear as snakes in “Gathering Days”?
5. In Ethan’s recurring dream in “Dream On,” he is attempting to save a girl who is what?
This section contains 502 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)