|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what date is “The Greats” set?
(a) September 2.
(b) October 9.
(c) September 24.
(d) October 12.
2. What are the names of Ethan’s three elderly aunts he visits every week?
(a) Mary, Katherine, and Christina.
(b) Mercy, Prudence, and Grace.
(c) Elizabeth, Marsha, and Sarah.
(d) Sarafine, Emily, and Ridley.
3. Who tells Ethan in “New Girl” that the new girl is a niece of Macon Ravenwood in “New Girl”?
4. Macon Ravenwood tells Amma that Ethan still has what in “The Greats”?
(a) The locket.
(b) The stone.
(c) The book.
(d) The coffin nail.
5. By what name does Lena call Ridley’s mother in the novel?
(a) Aunt Thelma.
(b) Aunt Sarafine.
(c) Sister Mercy.
(d) Aunt Del.
6. What is the name of Aunt Del’s ten-year-old daughter in the novel?
7. What initially prevents Lena and Ethan from traveling back in time when they touch the locket in “Red Sweater”?
(a) Amma’s amulet.
(b) The broken frame.
(c) Ethan’s pocket-lint.
(d) Lena's curse.
8. What does Ethan tell Lena in “The Writing on the Wall”?
(a) He is falling in love with her.
(b) He is in love with her sister.
(c) He must go away for a month.
(d) He is leaving her for someone else.
9. Ridley tells Ethan that she is related to Lena how in “Gathering Days”?
(a) She is her mother.
(b) She is her sister.
(c) She is her aunt.
(d) She is her cousin.
10. The number that Lena has written on her hand represents what?
(a) The number of spells she has learned.
(b) The number of boys she has been in love with.
(c) The number of days until her sixteenth birthday.
(d) The number of friends she has.
11. What is the name of the location where Amma lives?
(a) Wader’s Creek.
(b) Jackson Square.
(c) Ravenwood Manor.
(d) Miller’s Crossing.
12. What is the name of the housekeeper/caretaker who sees over Ethan in the novel?
13. What term does Lena use to describe people in her family who hold magical powers in “A Fork in the Road”?
14. What causes the supernatural attack on Lena to end in “Hallow E’en”?
(a) The book.
(b) The locket.
(c) Ethan’s presence.
(d) Amma’s amulet.
15. What is the name of the high school that Ethan attends?
(a) Stonewall Jackson High School.
(b) McKinleyville High School.
(c) Watson River High School.
(d) Malvern Mountain High School.
Short Answer Questions
1. What initials do Lena and Ethan find on the locket Ethan has found in “Greenbrier”?
2. Ethan lives in what southern U.S. State in the novel?
3. The initials on the locket represent a man who was related to Ethan how?
4. What is the name of the wolf/dog owned by Macon Ravenwood in the novel?
5. On what day does Ethan visit his aunts every week?
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)