|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Marian tells Ethan that the locket in the painting is rumored to be what, in “Marian the Librarian”?
(a) A secret betrothal gift.
(b) An amulet for his daughter.
(c) A stolen amulet.
(d) A cursed amulet.
2. The number that Lena has written on her hand represents what?
(a) The number of friends she has.
(b) The number of boys she has been in love with.
(c) The number of spells she has learned.
(d) The number of days until her sixteenth birthday.
3. What is the name of the wolf/dog owned by Macon Ravenwood in the novel?
(b) Holden Caulfield.
(c) Boo Radley.
4. Ethan is entering what year in high school in the beginning of the novel?
(a) His freshman year.
(b) His sophomore year.
(c) His junior year.
(d) His senior year.
5. What is Ethan’s best friend “Link’s” real name in the novel?
(a) Linklater Paul.
(b) Lincoln Roosevelt.
(c) Peter Lincoln.
(d) Wesley Lincoln.
6. What initially prevents Lena and Ethan from traveling back in time when they touch the locket in “Red Sweater”?
(a) Ethan’s pocket-lint.
(b) The broken frame.
(c) Lena's curse.
(d) Amma’s amulet.
7. On what day does Ethan visit his aunts every week?
8. The visitor who knocks at Ethan’s door late at night in “Hallow E’en” offers him what?
(a) A key.
(b) Candied apples.
(d) Soda pop.
9. What member of the basketball team is chosen to tell Ethan to stay away from Lena in “Gathering Days”?
10. What does Ethan tell Lena in “The Writing on the Wall”?
(a) He is falling in love with her.
(b) He must go away for a month.
(c) He is leaving her for someone else.
(d) He is in love with her sister.
11. Marian is the librarian for the Gatlin Public Library as well as for what library?
(a) The Caster Library.
(b) The Vampire Library.
(c) The Lincoln Library.
(d) The New York Public Library.
12. Lena explains Ridley’s magical powers by telling Ethan she is what in “A Crack in the Plaster”?
(a) A siren.
(b) A shifter.
(c) An illusionist.
(d) A palimpsest.
13. What does Lena says her Aunt Del is in “A Crack in the Plaster”?
(a) An illusionist.
(b) A siren.
(c) A Palimpsest.
(d) A shifter.
14. Ethan tells Lena that Macon believes he has powers because he was able to do what in “Red Sweater”?
(a) Bring Ridley to Ravenwood.
(b) Enter Ravenwood alone.
(c) Touch Lena without perishing.
(d) Read her mind.
15. Who claims “It isn’t working” as the family members chant around Lena in “Hallow E’en”?
(c) Aunt Del.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ethan lives in what southern U.S. State in the novel?
2. What is the name of the housekeeper/caretaker who sees over Ethan in the novel?
3. The initials on the locket represent a man who was related to Ethan how?
4. What book does Genevieve retrieve when Marian, Ethan, and Lena travel back in time in “Marian the Librarian”?
5. When Lena and Ethan are transported back in time in “The Last Three Rows,” Genevieve is frantic and discovers that her mother and who are already dead in the fires?
This section contains 547 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)