|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The visitor who knocks at Ethan’s door late at night in “Hallow E’en” offers him what?
(b) Soda pop.
(c) Candied apples.
(d) A key.
2. What is the second set of initials that Lena and Ethan ponder in “The Real Boo Radley”?
3. What is written on the walls of Lena’s room in “A Crack in the Plaster”?
(a) The words of her favorite song.
(b) Poetry written by Lena.
(c) Threats from ghosts.
(d) The opening chapters of a novel.
4. What does Lena reach into Ethan’s pocket to take out in “The Last Three Rows”?
(a) His keys.
(c) His ring.
(d) Milk Duds.
5. Ridley tells Ethan that she is related to Lena how in “Gathering Days”?
(a) She is her cousin.
(b) She is her mother.
(c) She is her aunt.
(d) She is her sister.
6. Where do Ethan and Link pass a truant officer in the beginning of “New Girl”?
(a) The train depot.
(b) The Baptist Church.
(c) The hidden smoking alley.
(d) The Stop and Shop.
7. What is the name of the head librarian who was Ethan’s mother’s best friend in the novel?
8. Ethan is entering what year in high school in the beginning of the novel?
(a) His sophomore year.
(b) His freshman year.
(c) His senior year.
(d) His junior year.
9. On what date does “Marian the Librarian” open?
(a) October 24.
(b) October 9.
(c) October 10.
(d) October 13.
10. Ethan tells Lena that Macon believes he has powers because he was able to do what in “Red Sweater”?
(a) Enter Ravenwood alone.
(b) Bring Ridley to Ravenwood.
(c) Read her mind.
(d) Touch Lena without perishing.
11. Who warns Genevieve that casting a spell to revive the dead will have consequences in “Marian the Librarian”?
12. Ethan’s friend Link tells him in “The Real Boo Radley” that a “lynch mob” is setting out to do what?
(a) Have the mayor impeached.
(b) Catch a runaway slave.
(c) Burn down the library.
(d) Have Lena expelled from school.
13. Ethan learns from his aunts in “The Sisters” that the initials on the locket stand for what name?
(a) Ethan Carter Wate.
(b) Emily Rosen Waters.
(c) Genevieve Anne Masterson.
(d) Sarah Michelle Anderson.
14. What does Amma insist that Ethan do with the locket he’s found in “The Sisters”?
(a) Give it to her to safe keep.
(b) Bury it where he found it.
(c) Take it to his father.
(d) Burn it in the oven.
15. On what date is “The Greats” set?
(a) October 9.
(b) September 2.
(c) October 12.
(d) September 24.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where has Lena gone in the classroom when the window explodes in “Broken Glass”?
2. What occurs when Lena accidentally bumps into Ethan at school in “Broken Glass”?
3. What is the date inscribed on the locket that Ethan has found in “Greenbrier”?
4. What is Ethan’s father’s name?
5. Who knocks at Ethan’s door late at night in “Hallow E’en”?
This section contains 513 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)