|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through “A Crack in the Plaster,” “The Greats,” and “Red Sweater”.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the names of Ethan’s three elderly aunts he visits every week?
(a) Mercy, Prudence, and Grace.
(b) Mary, Katherine, and Christina.
(c) Elizabeth, Marsha, and Sarah.
(d) Sarafine, Emily, and Ridley.
2. What member of the basketball team is chosen to tell Ethan to stay away from Lena in “Gathering Days”?
3. What do the older members of Ethan’s community refer to the Civil War as?
(a) The War of the Deserters.
(b) The War of Northern Aggression.
(c) The War of Southern Aggression.
(d) The War of Union Soldiers.
4. Macon Ravenwood tells Amma that Ethan still has what in “The Greats”?
(a) The stone.
(b) The locket.
(c) The book.
(d) The coffin nail.
5. How is Link’s car referred to in the novel?
(a) "The Whip."
(b) "The Lemon."
(c) "The Gas Guzzler."
(d) “The Beater.”
Short Answer Questions
1. Lena explains that the magical power her Aunt Del has is what in “A Crack in the Plaster”?
2. What is the date inscribed on the locket that Ethan has found in “Greenbrier”?
3. In Ethan’s recurring dream in “Dream On,” he is attempting to save a girl who is what?
4. By what name does Lena call Ridley’s mother in the novel?
5. What is Ethan’s father’s profession?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)