|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through “A Crack in the Plaster,” “The Greats,” and “Red Sweater”.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By what name does Lena call Ridley’s mother in the novel?
(a) Aunt Sarafine.
(b) Sister Mercy.
(c) Aunt Thelma.
(d) Aunt Del.
2. Lena explains that the magical power her Aunt Del has is what in “A Crack in the Plaster”?
(a) Herbal cures.
(b) Bending spoons.
(c) Reading time.
(d) Predicting futures.
3. What is the name of the housekeeper/caretaker who sees over Ethan in the novel?
4. On what date does the narrator open “Greenbrier”?
(a) September 12.
(b) October 15.
(c) September 29.
(d) September 2.
5. What member of the basketball team is chosen to tell Ethan to stay away from Lena in “Gathering Days”?
Short Answer Questions
1. What occurs when Lena accidentally bumps into Ethan at school in “Broken Glass”?
2. Where has Lena gone in the classroom when the window explodes in “Broken Glass”?
3. On what day does Ethan visit his aunts every week?
4. What is the name of the postmaster that Amma gets a ride from in “The Greats”?
5. Who is the woman that Lena and Ethan encounter when they are transported through time to the plantation in “Greenbrier”?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)