|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through “Broken Glass,” “Greenbrier,” and “The Sisters”.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Ethan’s recurring dream in “Dream On,” he is attempting to save a girl who is what?
(a) Running from a vampire.
(c) On fire.
2. What aroma does Ethan frequently smell after his recurring dreams and when strange things happen in the novel?
(a) Rotten meat and eggs.
(b) Jasmine and berries.
(c) Honeysuckle and cinnamon.
(d) Rosemary and lemons.
3. Who tells Ethan in “New Girl” that the new girl is a niece of Macon Ravenwood in “New Girl”?
4. What date is given in the opening of “Broken Glass”?
(a) September 2.
(b) September 24.
(c) March 12.
(d) September 12.
5. Ethan’s aunts explain that the reason Ethan hasn’t seen the relative whose initials are on the locket on the family tree is because he was what, in “The Sisters”?
(a) A hunter.
(b) A deserter.
(c) An abusive husband.
(d) A bastard.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the housekeeper/caretaker who sees over Ethan in the novel?
2. On what date does the narrator open “Greenbrier”?
3. Where has Lena gone in the classroom when the window explodes in “Broken Glass”?
4. What do the older members of Ethan’s community refer to the Civil War as?
5. Where do Ethan and Link pass a truant officer in the beginning of “New Girl”?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)