|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Unprosperous Voyage.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the first member of the crew to be publicly flogged?
(a) Owen, a half-wit
(b) a red-headed Irishman who played the fiddle
(c) Lieutenant Samuel Simmonds
(d) Hornblower's steward, Polwheal
2. What did Hornblower compare the cockpit to?
(a) the inside of a dark cave
(b) some canto in the Inferno
(c) an orderly hospital room
(d) his sickroom as a child
3. What is the cockpit?
(a) the cook's area
(b) the surgeon's area
(c) the area where the coxswain resides
(d) the area where the pumps are located
4. What was irksome to the Spanish officer after he had denied Lydia's dropping anchor on the Spanish Main?
(a) Hornblower's putting down Spanish America
(b) Hornblower's nasty words
(c) Hornblower's friendly, cavalier dismissal
(d) Hornblower's downcast countenance
5. With whom should Hornblower open communication to receive further orders as soon as it was convenient?
(a) the captain of a nearby British ship
(b) the Rear Admiral commanding the Leeward Islands
(c) the English king
(d) the Admiral of the Gulf of Fonseca
Short Answer Questions
1. How many decks did the Spanish ship Natividad have?
2. Where did Hornblower take Lydia to be repaired?
3. What had Hornblower remembered to do for his crew before sending them into action?
4. What did Hornblower deplore about his body?
5. The novel takes place during what war?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)