|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Unprosperous Voyage.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A how-many-gun salute does El Supremo demand he have on boarding Lydia?
2. What is the cockpit?
(a) the area where the pumps are located
(b) the cook's area
(c) the surgeon's area
(d) the area where the coxswain resides
3. What does Hornblower see on his way to the palace?
(a) a herd of wild boar
(b) dead and near-dead men shackled in the sun
(c) a native wedding procession
(d) strange exotic foliage
4. What operation do Hornblower, Laurie and Lady Barbara have to perform on Williams?
(a) amputate his leg
(b) remove a splinter from his chest
(c) amputate his arm
(d) remove a splinter from his arm
5. Who accompanies Lady Barbara ?
(a) Herbert, her native servant
(b) Hebe, her lascivious handmaid
(c) Margaret, her sister
(d) Carmen, her South American girlfriend
Short Answer Questions
1. What did C.S. Forester compare the crew to now that they knew they were homeward bound?
2. How many guns does the H.M.S. Lydia have on board?
3. Who comes aboard Lydia in a small craft to speak with Hornblower?
4. Hornblower had been how many years at sea?
5. Who is Gerard?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)