|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Unprosperous Voyage.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A how-many-gun salute does El Supremo demand he have on boarding Lydia?
2. How many decks did the Spanish ship Natividad have?
3. What was the grim nemesis awaiting men with open wounds in those pre-antiseptic days?
(a) typhoid fever
4. When would Hornblower be permitted to capture treasure ships in the Pacific?
(a) after one month
(b) right before returning to England
(c) after he ship was repaired and fullly stocked with food
(d) after the rebellion against Spain was successful
5. Who was Galbraith?
(a) 3rd Lieutenant originally from Scotland
(b) coxswain, originally from Ireland
(c) steward, originally from Wales
Short Answer Questions
1. Who died after having both legs smashed below the knees?
2. What was the chief fear Hornblower had going into battle?
3. With what country had Spain recently sided against England?
4. What were the huts that Hornblower saw on his way to the palace made of?
5. What request did Hornblower make of El Supremo?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)