|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Prosperous Voyage.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many guns does the H.M.S. Lydia have on board?
2. How is Lydia successful in taking Natividad?
(a) by hiding behind an island and taking Natividad by surprise
(b) by Hornblower's talent as a captain
(c) by using her cannonades
(d) by superior crew skills
3. How many decks did the Spanish ship Natividad have?
4. What request did Hornblower make of El Supremo?
(a) to come to dinner aboard the Lydia
(b) to sail with him to Panama
(c) to untie the "unenlightened" men he had staked in the sun
(d) to re-stock Lydia with food, water and other necessities
5. Who is Brown?
(c) botswain's mate
(d) master's mate
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the only land Hornblower had had a glimpse of during the seven-month voyage?
2. How many decks did the Spanish ship Natividad have?
3. What does Hornblower do when the Natividad is first sighted?
4. Where exactly in South America was Hornblower expected to open trade for England?
5. Until Lydia had made harbor what was the favorite dish in the midshipman's berth?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)