|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Prosperous Voyage.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does El Supremo plan to do?
(a) sail with an army to capture the capital of Nicaragua
(b) capture treasure ships
(c) capture Lydia
(d) visit England
2. Hornblower had been how many years at sea?
3. How do El Supremos' officers quell the crew after they take over Natividad?
(a) execute a hesitant boy
(b) withhold food for three days
(c) threaten that any crewman who disobeys must walk the plank
(d) tie a disobedient crewsman to the mast
4. What had long been a dream of the British government?
(a) having better ships and seamen than any other country
(b) establishing colonies in South America
(c) becoming the most powerful country in the world
(d) starting a rebellion in the Spanish American colonies
5. How many British casualties are there during the capturing of Natividad?
(a) not one
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Hornblower think he was selected for this mission?
2. What did Hornblower do when he didn't know how to respond to something someone said?
3. What request did Hornblower make of El Supremo?
4. In the restocking of Lydia, what did Hernandez provide instead of flour?
5. How many guns did the Natividad have on board?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)