|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Prosperous Voyage.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Hornblower think he was selected for this mission?
(a) he had friends high up in the Admiralty
(b) he had such a good record as a ship's captain
(c) he had sailed to South America before
(d) he spoke Spanish, having been a Spanish prisoner of war
2. How many months at sea were they without touching land?
(b) seven and a half
3. With what country had Spain recently sided against England?
4. How far above the deck is the foremast gallant top?
(a) 40' above the deck.
(b) 125' above the deck.
(c) 140' above the deck.
(d) 130' above the deck.
5. Who is Gerard?
(a) the ship's surgeon
(b) warrant officer
(d) 2nd lieutenant
Short Answer Questions
1. What were the huts that Hornblower saw on his way to the palace made of?
2. What does Hernandez mean by "unenlightened" men?
3. Who was Galbraith?
4. What had Hornblower been ordered to do with Lydia?
5. How did the British Admiralty want to use the Spanish possessions?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)