|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Happy Return.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What fish were observed from the deck of Lydia?
(b) flying fish
2. Polwheal asks Lady Barbara if she would like beef or what for dinner?
3. What is secured on the deck of Lydia after the sea battle with Natividad?
(a) the foremast
(b) the ship's wheel
(c) the mizzenmast
(d) a loose cannon
4. What is Maria, Hornblower's wife's attitude toward sailors?
(a) She had a poor opinion of them.
(b) Maria feared them for their rowdiness and rough ways
(c) Maria was loyal to any seaman because of her husband.
(d) Maria felt it was a romantic profession.
5. How did Hornblower fear Gerard would view his romance with Lady Barbara?
(a) with fear
(b) with revenge
(c) with amusement
(d) with envy
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the indication that Lydia could only just hold in check the water coming aboard through the holes shot in her hull?
2. It was Hornblower's duty to do what now?
3. Who had made a pile of oakum-filled cushions for Lady Barbara to sit on?
4. What stopped Lady Barbara and Hornblower from continuing to kiss?
5. What is Hornblower's destination after leaving El Supremo and his rag tag army in Nicaragua?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)