The Prosperous Voyage
1. How many guns does the H.M.S. Lydia have on board?
2. The novel takes place during what war?
(a) the Seven Years' War
(b) Napoleonic War between France and England
(c) the French Revolution
(d) the War of 1812
3. What does Captain Hornblower do at the same time every morning?
(a) He climbs the foremast.
(b) He takes to the quarter deck and paces for an hour.
(c) He drills his crew.
(d) He commands Lydia to beat to quarters.
4. How fast does Lydia travel in light airs?
(a) 2 knots
(b) 4 knots
(c) 3 knots
(d) 6 knots
5. How far above the deck is the foremast gallant top?
(a) 125' above the deck.
(b) 40' above the deck.
(c) 130' above the deck.
(d) 140' above the deck.
6. Which of the crew likes to rap the seamen with his rattan cane?
(a) 1st Lieutenant Bush
(b) boatswain Harrison
(c) 3rd Lieutenant Galbraith
(d) Hornblower's steward, Polwheal
7. What did Hornblower feel bred mutiny?
(a) a long period of rough seas
(b) lack of food
(c) long, idle days
This section contains 5,402 words
(approx. 19 pages at 300 words per page)