|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Kyle's father tell the tutor about Kyle?
2. Who is Kendra?
3. Which of the following was not offered by Kyle's father as a payment for tutoring Kyle?
4. How does Kyle's father react to the curse?
5. From whom does Kyle receive an upset phone call in Chapter 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Kyle react to finding a white rose in place of Sloane's orchid?
2. How does Kyle feel when his father doesn't return from work after finding out about the curse?
3. How does Sloane react to the curse?
4. What is Dr. Endecott's advice to Kyle?
5. What is the purpose of the chat room?
6. Explain Kyle's social status at school.
7. How does Kyle's father feel about his plan to embarrass Kendra?
8. What were the conditions for Will to tutor Kyle?
9. How does Kyle react to Dr. Endecott's words?
10. How does Kyle discover Mr. Anderson's chat room?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Kyle's belief that his father's wealth is the solution to all of his problems. What has caused this belief? Is it valid? Give examples from the story to support your answers.
Essay Topic 2
Why can't Kendra break the curse for Kyle? Why does Kendra feel sorry for Kyle, and regret cursing him in the first place?
Essay Topic 3
What is Kendra's answer to Kyle's request to help Magda and Will? Why does she answer as she does?
This section contains 671 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)