|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Kyle combat his boredom?
2. Why does Kyle explode at the dance?
3. How does Sloan react to the rose?
4. What does the gardener say to Kyle about the flower mix up?
5. Why is Kyle so upset about the rose?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain Kyle's social status at school.
2. Why is Kendra in Kyle's room?
3. How does Magda feel about Kyle's apology?
4. How does Kyle feel when his father doesn't return from work after finding out about the curse?
5. Where does Kyle move?
6. How does Kyle react to finding a white rose in place of Sloane's orchid?
7. Why does Kyle refuse to face Magda at dinner?
8. What happens when Kyle stands up Kendra?
9. What is the purpose of the hand mirror?
10. How does Kyle discover Mr. Anderson's chat room?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does Kyle choose the subway as his route through the city? How do people react to Kyle in the subway? How does Kyle feel about this?
Essay Topic 2
Who's idea is the rose garden? What is the purpose of the rose garden? How does Kyle react to the rose garden?
Essay Topic 3
Define vanity. Do any of the characters in this story show signs of vanity? If any, which characters show this trait, and how? What are the effects of this vanity?
This section contains 642 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)