|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following best describes Kyle?
2. Who is Kendra?
3. What does Dr. Endecott tell Kyle about his condition?
4. What does Kyle do with the rose?
5. What does Kyle threaten to do if Kendra does not change him back?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Magda feel about Kyle's apology?
2. What is the purpose of the chat room?
3. Why does Will want Kyle to work in the rose garden?
4. What is the purpose of the hand mirror?
5. Explain Kyle's social status at school.
6. What is different about Doctor Endecott?
7. What does Kyle want in return for keeping his silence about his transformation?
8. How does Kyle react to Dr. Endecott's words?
9. What does Kendra tell Kyle when he sees her in the mirror the first time?
10. Why does Kyle refuse to face Magda at dinner?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain Kyle's relationship with his roommates. Compare and contrast how they get along at the end of the story to how they get along in the beginning.
Essay Topic 2
What happens when Linda's father breaks into the house? Explain Kyle's decisions throughout this event. What does he choose to do, and why?
Essay Topic 3
Define foreshadowing. How does the author use foreshadowing in this story? What does this foreshadowing accomplish?
This section contains 584 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)