|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kyle decide to do with Kendra's mirror?
2. Why does Kendra allow Kyle a chance to redeem himself?
3. What does not contribute to Kyle's popularity?
4. How does Kendra react to Kyle's news that he has been completely alone for months?
5. Why does Kyle explode at the dance?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Kyle deal with being a beast?
2. How does Kendra feel about Homecoming?
3. How does Kyle react to finding a white rose in place of Sloane's orchid?
4. What happens when Kyle stands up Kendra?
5. How does Kyle discover Mr. Anderson's chat room?
6. Why does Kyle refuse to face Magda at dinner?
7. What is different about Doctor Endecott?
8. What does Kendra tell Kyle when he sees her in the mirror the first time?
9. How does Kyle's father feel about his plan to embarrass Kendra?
10. What is Dr. Endecott's advice to Kyle?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
After moving into the Brownstone, Kyle's attitude begins to change for the better. Is this change linked to the physical change Kyle has suffered recently? What other factors might contribute to his change of heart.
Essay Topic 2
Why does Linda leave? Why does Kyle let her go? How does he feel about this?
Essay Topic 3
What is the single white rose a symbol of in this story? Why does it upset Kyle so much when he first finds it? How does the rose continue to effect Kyle later?
This section contains 670 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)