|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Kyle give the rose away?
2. What does the mirror represent to Kyle?
3. Who is crowned homecoming king and queen?
4. What does SilentMaid decide to do?
5. Who is Mr. Anderson?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were the conditions for Will to tutor Kyle?
2. Why does Kyle refuse to face Magda at dinner?
3. What is the purpose of the hand mirror?
4. What does Kendra tell Kyle when he sees her in the mirror the first time?
5. Why does Will want Kyle to work in the rose garden?
6. How does Sloane react to the curse?
7. Where does Kyle move?
8. Explain Kyle's social status at school.
9. How long will Kyle remain a beast?
10. Why does Magda move with Kyle?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What happens when Linda's father breaks into the house? Explain Kyle's decisions throughout this event. What does he choose to do, and why?
Essay Topic 2
Explain Kyle's relationship with his roommates. Compare and contrast how they get along at the end of the story to how they get along in the beginning.
Essay Topic 3
Why does Dr. Endecott feel that Kyle should learn to accept who he is now? How does he expect Kyle to do so?
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)