|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kyle see in the mirror when he thinks of Trey and Sloane?
2. Who is Linda Owens?
3. What are to be Will's living arrangements?
4. How does Kyle feel about the homecoming ceremony?
5. What does Kyle tell Kendra about her opinion of the homecoming ceremony?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain Kyle's social status at school.
2. Why does Kyle refuse to face Magda at dinner?
3. How does Magda feel about Kyle's apology?
4. How does Kyle react to Dr. Endecott's words?
5. In PE, how does Kyle feel about what Kendra said to him?
6. What happens when Kyle stands up Kendra?
7. What was Kyle thinking when he gave the ticket girl the rose?
8. Where does Kyle move?
9. Why does Magda move with Kyle?
10. How does Kyle deal with being a beast?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who's idea is the rose garden? What is the purpose of the rose garden? How does Kyle react to the rose garden?
Essay Topic 2
What is the single white rose a symbol of in this story? Why does it upset Kyle so much when he first finds it? How does the rose continue to effect Kyle later?
Essay Topic 3
Why does Kyle choose the subway as his route through the city? How do people react to Kyle in the subway? How does Kyle feel about this?
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)