|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Kendra's words upset Kyle so badly?
2. Who becomes Kyle's tutor?
3. Where does Kyle expect to see Linda?
4. How does Kendra react to Kyle's news that he has been completely alone for months?
5. What are to be Will's living arrangements?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Kendra feel about Homecoming?
2. Why does Magda move with Kyle?
3. What is Dr. Endecott's advice to Kyle?
4. What is the purpose of the hand mirror?
5. How does Kyle's father feel about his plan to embarrass Kendra?
6. What was Kyle thinking when he gave the ticket girl the rose?
7. What were the conditions for Will to tutor Kyle?
8. What does Kyle want in return for keeping his silence about his transformation?
9. How does Kyle feel when his father doesn't return from work after finding out about the curse?
10. How long will Kyle remain a beast?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Kyle is one of the most popular students at Tuttle. Do the other students really like Kyle, or are they just pretending? Why might people pretend to be friends with someone who they really do not care for?
Essay Topic 2
Define vanity. Do any of the characters in this story show signs of vanity? If any, which characters show this trait, and how? What are the effects of this vanity?
Essay Topic 3
Why does Kyle change his name? What name does he choose, and why?
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)