|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Kyle feel about the homecoming ceremony?
2. What does Kyle find when he goes to get Sloane's orchid?
3. Why does Kyle give the rose away?
4. Which of the following was not offered by Kyle's father as a payment for tutoring Kyle?
5. Why is Kyle so upset about the rose?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Kyle's father feel about his plan to embarrass Kendra?
2. How does Kyle discover Mr. Anderson's chat room?
3. Why is Kendra in Kyle's room?
4. Why does Magda move with Kyle?
5. What is the purpose of the chat room?
6. Explain Kyle's social status at school.
7. What is the purpose of the hand mirror?
8. What was Kyle thinking when he gave the ticket girl the rose?
9. How does Kyle deal with being a beast?
10. Why does Will want Kyle to work in the rose garden?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
After moving into the Brownstone, Kyle's attitude begins to change for the better. Is this change linked to the physical change Kyle has suffered recently? What other factors might contribute to his change of heart.
Essay Topic 2
What happens when Linda's father breaks into the house? Explain Kyle's decisions throughout this event. What does he choose to do, and why?
Essay Topic 3
Define vanity. Do any of the characters in this story show signs of vanity? If any, which characters show this trait, and how? What are the effects of this vanity?
This section contains 590 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)