|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Kyle and Sloane come back and find Kendra outside?
2. Why is Kendra not allowed into the dance?
3. What does the mirror represent to Kyle?
4. In Part 2, how does Kyle feel about love?
5. Where does Kyle move to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is different about Doctor Endecott?
2. What is the purpose of the hand mirror?
3. Why is Kendra in Kyle's room?
4. In PE, how does Kyle feel about what Kendra said to him?
5. Why is Kyle uncomfortable about Kendra's public displays of affection at school?
6. What does Kyle want in return for keeping his silence about his transformation?
7. Where does Kyle move?
8. How does Kyle see himself?
9. What is Dr. Endecott's advice to Kyle?
10. What were the conditions for Will to tutor Kyle?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the single white rose a symbol of in this story? Why does it upset Kyle so much when he first finds it? How does the rose continue to effect Kyle later?
Essay Topic 2
Who's idea is the rose garden? What is the purpose of the rose garden? How does Kyle react to the rose garden?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Kyle's belief that his father's wealth is the solution to all of his problems. What has caused this belief? Is it valid? Give examples from the story to support your answers.
This section contains 652 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)