|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not one of the conditions Kyle's father must meet to keep Kyle from granting an interview to the media?
2. What does Kyle do with the rose?
3. How does Kyle combat his boredom?
4. What one nice thing did Kyle do?
5. What does Kyle do that utterly surprises Magda?
Short Essay Questions
1. How long will Kyle remain a beast?
2. Why does Kyle refuse to face Magda at dinner?
3. What is the purpose of the chat room?
4. How does Magda feel about Kyle's apology?
5. How does Kyle's father feel about his plan to embarrass Kendra?
6. How does Sloane react to the curse?
7. How does Kyle deal with being a beast?
8. Why is Kendra in Kyle's room?
9. Why is Kyle uncomfortable about Kendra's public displays of affection at school?
10. Why does Will want Kyle to work in the rose garden?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What happens when Linda's father breaks into the house? Explain Kyle's decisions throughout this event. What does he choose to do, and why?
Essay Topic 2
After moving into the Brownstone, Kyle's attitude begins to change for the better. Is this change linked to the physical change Kyle has suffered recently? What other factors might contribute to his change of heart.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss stereotypes. What stereotypes are evident in this story? What is the importance of these stereotypes?
This section contains 587 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)