|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Sloane react when she discovers Kyle's curse?
2. How does Kyle first try to break his curse?
3. Which of the following is not one of the conditions Kyle's father must meet to keep Kyle from granting an interview to the media?
4. In Part 2, how does Kyle feel about love?
5. How does Kyle's father react to these conditions and his son's threat?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Kyle react to finding a white rose in place of Sloane's orchid?
2. What is different about Doctor Endecott?
3. How does Kyle's father feel about his plan to embarrass Kendra?
4. How does Kyle discover Mr. Anderson's chat room?
5. What were the conditions for Will to tutor Kyle?
6. How does Kyle react to Dr. Endecott's words?
7. How does Kyle deal with being a beast?
8. Why does Will want Kyle to work in the rose garden?
9. How long will Kyle remain a beast?
10. Why does Kyle refuse to face Magda at dinner?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Kyle's belief that his father's wealth is the solution to all of his problems. What has caused this belief? Is it valid? Give examples from the story to support your answers.
Essay Topic 2
Define Elitism. Do any of the characters in this story show signs of elitism? In what ways do these characters show this trait?
Essay Topic 3
Why can't Kendra break the curse for Kyle? Why does Kendra feel sorry for Kyle, and regret cursing him in the first place?
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)