|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Kendra allow Kyle a chance to redeem himself?
2. What happens when Kyle and Sloane come back and find Kendra outside?
3. How does Kyle combat his boredom?
4. Why does Sloane agree to keep Kyle's secret?
5. How does Kyle feel about his encounter with Kendra when he is in PE?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Kyle stands up Kendra?
2. What does Kyle want in return for keeping his silence about his transformation?
3. Why is Kendra in Kyle's room?
4. What does Kendra tell Kyle when he sees her in the mirror the first time?
5. How long will Kyle remain a beast?
6. What was Kyle thinking when he gave the ticket girl the rose?
7. What is the purpose of the hand mirror?
8. How does Kyle see himself?
9. Why does Magda move with Kyle?
10. Explain Kyle's social status at school.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Define foreshadowing. How does the author use foreshadowing in this story? What does this foreshadowing accomplish?
Essay Topic 2
Why does Kyle change his name? What name does he choose, and why?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss stereotypes. What stereotypes are evident in this story? What is the importance of these stereotypes?
This section contains 632 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)