|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Kendra react to Kyle asking her out?
(a) She accepts, but seems to have an agenda of her own.
(b) She accepts, and immediately seems to fall in love with him.
(c) She tells him that she knows what he is planning, and that it won't work.
(d) She turns him down, calling him a sexist pig.
2. Why does Kyle explode at the dance?
(a) He is mad that Trey is making moves on Sloane in front of the whole school.
(b) He is upset that Sloane is not following through with their arrangement to make out once they are crowned.
(c) He is upset about Kendra's words and annoyed that Sloane is not being more helpful.
(d) He is upset about Kendra's words and annoyed that Sloane is making moves on him in front of the whole school.
3. Where does Kyle send Magda when she arrives at his apartment?
(a) To get a cell phone.
(b) Back home.
(c) To get some beer.
(d) To get a pizza.
4. What does Kyle decide to do with Kendra's mirror?
(a) He decides to break it.
(b) He decides to use it to see the girl that will love him.
(c) He decides to throw it away.
(d) He decides to give it back.
5. Who is Rob Kingsbury?
(a) Kyle's brother.
(b) Kyle's father.
(c) Kyle's teacher.
(d) Kyle's doctor.
6. Why is Kyle so upset about the rose?
(a) He is allergic to roses.
(b) He does not like the color white.
(c) He is a perfectionist and a rose is not what he asked for.
(d) He worries that it will ruin his chance at a make out session after the dance.
7. What happens when Kyle and Sloane come back and find Kendra outside?
(a) They kiss in front of Kendra, and everyone laughs at Kendra.
(b) Kendra and Kyle kiss in front of Sloane, and everyone laughs at Sloane.
(c) Sloane and Kendra both become angry at Kyle for playing them.
(d) Sloane and Kendra fight over Kyle.
8. Which of the following is not one of the conditions Kyle's father must meet to keep Kyle from granting an interview to the media?
(a) His father must never visit.
(b) His father must visit once a week.
(c) A tutor.
(d) A computer with Internet.
9. How does Kyle's father react to the curse?
(a) He swears to help reverse the curse, then never returns home from work.
(b) He tells Kyle that he will just have to adapt to his new look, and that he will always love him because he is his son.
(c) He thinks that Kyle is playing a joke, but swears to find a way to fix it when he realizes that it is real.
(d) He runs away from his son, not recognizing him.
10. How does Kyle feel about his encounter with Kendra when he is in PE?
(a) He laughs about it.
(b) He is still upset.
(c) He feels that she might be right after all.
(d) He doesn't care anymore.
11. Which of the following is not an example of a curse found on Kyle's chat room?
(a) A woman turned into a man.
(b) A prince turned into a frog.
(c) A mermaid turned into a girl.
(d) A man turned into a bear.
12. How does Kendra acknowledge Kyle's only kind act?
(a) She gives him a single white rose to remind him of real beauty.
(b) She only makes him remain a beast for two years.
(c) She agrees to date him now that he is ugly too.
(d) She gives him two years to find his true love and reverse the spell.
13. Where does Linda run to avoid her father?
(a) The library.
(b) The subway.
(c) The school.
(d) The theater.
14. Where does Kyle expect to see Linda?
(a) In a slummy neighborhood.
(b) At the theater.
(c) In the subway.
(d) At the library.
15. What is the point of view of this story?
(a) Subjective third person.
(b) Objective third person.
(c) First person.
(d) Second person.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dr. Endecott tell Kyle about his condition?
2. Why do Kendra's words upset Kyle so badly?
3. How does Kyle first try to break his curse?
4. Why is Kendra not allowed into the dance?
5. What does Kyle do that utterly surprises Magda?
This section contains 822 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)