|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Kyle feel about the homecoming ceremony?
(a) He thinks it is elitist and shallow.
(b) He takes it very seriously and plans to be king.
(c) He doesn't care one way or the other.
(d) He thinks it is silly.
2. What are to be Will's living arrangements?
(a) He will live at home.
(b) He will stay with Kyle and Magda.
(c) He will have an apartment nearby.
(d) He will live in the country.
3. Why does Linda's dad abuse her?
(a) He is angry at Linda for not going out with Kyle.
(b) He is a drug addict, and she has thrown out his drugs.
(c) He is angry at Linda for using drugs.
(d) He is a sexual predator.
4. Where does Kyle move to?
5. Who is Dr. Endecott?
(a) A witch doctor from South America.
(b) A Voodoo priest.
(c) One of the first doctors Kyle sees.
(d) A well known doctor, and Kyle's last hope.
6. How does Kyle's father respond to Dr. Endecott's news?
(a) He becomes angry, and agrees to pay what ever is needed.
(b) He tells Dr. Endecott that it is not his fault.
(c) He thanks Dr. Endecott for his hard work.
(d) He has feared that this was the case, and accepts it sadly.
7. What happens when Kyle and Sloane come back and find Kendra outside?
(a) Kendra and Kyle kiss in front of Sloane, and everyone laughs at Sloane.
(b) Sloane and Kendra fight over Kyle.
(c) Sloane and Kendra both become angry at Kyle for playing them.
(d) They kiss in front of Kendra, and everyone laughs at Kendra.
8. What does the mirror represent to Kyle?
(a) A small hope that he might convince Kendra to change him back.
(b) That he will be a beast forever.
(c) A reminder of his vanity.
(d) A small hope that he may find his love.
9. How does Kyle see his girlfriend?
(a) The most beautiful woman in the world.
(b) A bottle blonde who is not very bright.
(c) Pretty, but not as pretty as himself.
(d) Not much to look at, but at least she is smart and funny.
10. Who is Kendra?
(a) Kyle's mother.
(b) The future homecoming queen.
(c) An overweight Goth witch.
(d) Kyle's best friend.
11. Why was Magda sent with Kyle?
(a) To keep him locked up.
(b) To be his gardener.
(c) To get rid of her too.
(d) To be his guardian.
12. Which of the following best describes Kyle?
13. What does Kyle do that utterly surprises Magda?
(a) He breaks down in tears.
(b) He tells her that he loves her.
(c) He kisses her.
(d) He apologizes for the way he has treated her.
14. What is the point of view of this story?
(a) Objective third person.
(b) Second person.
(c) First person.
(d) Subjective third person.
15. In Part 2, how does Kyle feel about love?
(a) He wishes that he could find his love.
(b) He doesn't believe in love.
(c) He is in love.
(d) He hates love.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Sloan react to the rose?
2. What does Kendra call Kyle at the end of her tirade?
3. Who is Mr. Anderson?
4. How does Kyle's father react to the curse?
5. Who is Linda Owens?
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)