|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Linda Owens?
(a) Kyle's favorite actress.
(b) A girl from Kyle's school who Kyle has never met.
(c) Kyle's old girlfriend.
(d) A girl from Kyle's school who Kyle gave the rose to at the dance.
2. Where does Kyle expect to see Linda?
(a) In a slummy neighborhood.
(b) At the library.
(c) In the subway.
(d) At the theater.
3. Who is Dr. Endecott?
(a) One of the first doctors Kyle sees.
(b) A well known doctor, and Kyle's last hope.
(c) A Voodoo priest.
(d) A witch doctor from South America.
4. What does Kyle tell Kendra about her opinion of the homecoming ceremony?
(a) He tells her that if she loses some weight and has plastic surgery, she would likely feel different.
(b) He tells her that if she really feels that way, that she ought to just leave.
(c) He tells her not to take it so seriously.
(d) He tells her that she is right.
5. Why does Kendra allow Kyle a chance to redeem himself?
(a) The nature of magic forces her hand.
(b) She doesn't mean to.
(c) She sees that he did one nice thing.
(d) She knows that it would be wrong to curse someone without a way out.
6. What does Kyle see in the mirror when he thinks of Trey and Sloane?
(a) He sees Sloane with another guy and Trey watching TV.
(b) He sees them both missing him.
(c) He sees Sloane crying in her room, and Trey trying to comfort her.
(d) He sees them together, making out.
7. What is the point of view of this story?
(a) First person.
(b) Subjective third person.
(c) Second person.
(d) Objective third person.
8. How does Kyle's father react to the curse?
(a) He tells Kyle that he will just have to adapt to his new look, and that he will always love him because he is his son.
(b) He runs away from his son, not recognizing him.
(c) He thinks that Kyle is playing a joke, but swears to find a way to fix it when he realizes that it is real.
(d) He swears to help reverse the curse, then never returns home from work.
9. What does Kyle threaten to do if Kendra does not change him back?
(a) He threatens to find a witch hunter.
(b) He threatens to kill her.
(c) He threatens to call the police.
(d) He threatens to expose her to the world.
10. Why does Linda's dad abuse her?
(a) He is a drug addict, and she has thrown out his drugs.
(b) He is angry at Linda for using drugs.
(c) He is angry at Linda for not going out with Kyle.
(d) He is a sexual predator.
11. What does not contribute to Kyle's popularity?
(a) Kyle's looks.
(b) Kyle's wealth.
(c) Kyle's social status.
(d) Kyle's personality.
12. What does the gardener say to Kyle about the flower mix up?
(a) She says that she didn't do it.
(b) She tells him to bug off.
(c) She apologizes for messing it up.
(d) She feels sorry for him if he can't see the beauty in a single white rose.
13. Why does Kyle think that he was unable to break his spell with Sloane?
(a) Sloane is not his fate.
(b) Kendra was lying about the spell.
(c) He doesn't really love her.
(d) She doesn't really love him.
14. How does Kyle first try to break his curse?
(a) He tries to kill Kendra.
(b) He tricks Sloane into kissing him while it's dark.
(c) He goes to a doctor.
(d) He swears to Kendra that he has changed.
15. After returning home from the doctor's, what does Kyle's dad do?
(a) He abandons Kyle in the Midwest.
(b) He agrees to continue helping Kyle.
(c) He agrees to continue helping Kyle, but Kyle knows that he is lying.
(d) He apologizes to Kyle, saying that nothing can be done.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following was not offered by Kyle's father as a payment for tutoring Kyle?
2. Which of the following is not an example of a curse found on Kyle's chat room?
3. Why is Kendra not allowed into the dance?
4. How does Kendra react to Kyle's news that he has been completely alone for months?
5. How does Dr. Endecott treat Kyle?
This section contains 789 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)