|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 2, how does Kyle feel about love?
(a) He doesn't believe in love.
(b) He is in love.
(c) He hates love.
(d) He wishes that he could find his love.
2. From whose perspective is the story told?
(d) Omniscient narrator.
3. What did Kyle's father tell the tutor about Kyle?
(a) That he was a beast.
(b) That he was an invalid.
(c) That he was blind.
(d) That he was lonely.
4. What is the result of Kendra's spell?
(a) Kyle is transformed into a hideous beast with claws and fangs.
(b) Kyle is rendered blind.
(c) Kyle is rendered mute.
(d) Kyle is transformed into an Afghan Hound.
5. Who is Dr. Endecott?
(a) A Voodoo priest.
(b) One of the first doctors Kyle sees.
(c) A witch doctor from South America.
(d) A well known doctor, and Kyle's last hope.
6. How does Kyle plan to get back at Kendra?
(a) He plans to ask her to the dance, then humiliate her in public.
(b) He plans to set her house on fire.
(c) He plans to beat her.
(d) He plans to spread nasty rumors about her.
7. What does Kyle do that utterly surprises Magda?
(a) He apologizes for the way he has treated her.
(b) He breaks down in tears.
(c) He kisses her.
(d) He tells her that he loves her.
8. What does Kyle find when he goes to get Sloane's orchid?
(a) An IOU note.
(b) An orchid.
(c) A single white rose.
9. Why does Kendra allow Kyle a chance to redeem himself?
(a) She doesn't mean to.
(b) She knows that it would be wrong to curse someone without a way out.
(c) The nature of magic forces her hand.
(d) She sees that he did one nice thing.
10. How does Kyle's father react to the curse?
(a) He thinks that Kyle is playing a joke, but swears to find a way to fix it when he realizes that it is real.
(b) He swears to help reverse the curse, then never returns home from work.
(c) He tells Kyle that he will just have to adapt to his new look, and that he will always love him because he is his son.
(d) He runs away from his son, not recognizing him.
11. How does Kyle see his girlfriend?
(a) The most beautiful woman in the world.
(b) A bottle blonde who is not very bright.
(c) Not much to look at, but at least she is smart and funny.
(d) Pretty, but not as pretty as himself.
12. What does not contribute to Kyle's popularity?
(a) Kyle's wealth.
(b) Kyle's looks.
(c) Kyle's personality.
(d) Kyle's social status.
13. How does Kyle describe his new tutor when he finds out?
(d) Kinda geeky.
14. How does Kyle feel about his encounter with Kendra when he is in PE?
(a) He laughs about it.
(b) He feels that she might be right after all.
(c) He doesn't care anymore.
(d) He is still upset.
15. What is the point of view of this story?
(a) First person.
(b) Subjective third person.
(c) Objective third person.
(d) Second person.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Kyle blame for the flower mix up?
2. Why does Kyle think that he was unable to break his spell with Sloane?
3. How does Dr. Endecott try to relate to Kyle?
4. What does Kyle threaten to do if Kendra does not change him back?
5. Who is Kendra?
This section contains 616 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)