|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kendra call Kyle at the end of her tirade?
2. After returning home from the doctor's, what does Kyle's dad do?
(a) He agrees to continue helping Kyle.
(b) He abandons Kyle in the Midwest.
(c) He apologizes to Kyle, saying that nothing can be done.
(d) He agrees to continue helping Kyle, but Kyle knows that he is lying.
3. What happens when Kyle and Sloane come back and find Kendra outside?
(a) Kendra and Kyle kiss in front of Sloane, and everyone laughs at Sloane.
(b) Sloane and Kendra both become angry at Kyle for playing them.
(c) They kiss in front of Kendra, and everyone laughs at Kendra.
(d) Sloane and Kendra fight over Kyle.
4. Why is Kyle so upset about the rose?
(a) He is a perfectionist and a rose is not what he asked for.
(b) He worries that it will ruin his chance at a make out session after the dance.
(c) He is allergic to roses.
(d) He does not like the color white.
5. Where does Kyle move to?
6. What does Kyle threaten to do if Kendra does not change him back?
(a) He threatens to expose her to the world.
(b) He threatens to call the police.
(c) He threatens to kill her.
(d) He threatens to find a witch hunter.
7. Which of the following best describes Sloane?
8. What does Kyle do that utterly surprises Magda?
(a) He tells her that he loves her.
(b) He kisses her.
(c) He apologizes for the way he has treated her.
(d) He breaks down in tears.
9. What is Kyle's online user name?
10. What are to be Will's living arrangements?
(a) He will have an apartment nearby.
(b) He will stay with Kyle and Magda.
(c) He will live in the country.
(d) He will live at home.
11. How does Kyle's father respond to Dr. Endecott's news?
(a) He thanks Dr. Endecott for his hard work.
(b) He tells Dr. Endecott that it is not his fault.
(c) He becomes angry, and agrees to pay what ever is needed.
(d) He has feared that this was the case, and accepts it sadly.
12. What does Kyle find when he goes to get Sloane's orchid?
(a) An IOU note.
(b) An orchid.
(d) A single white rose.
13. How does Dr. Endecott try to relate to Kyle?
(a) He doesn't.
(b) By talking about his bad acne.
(c) By admitting that he once was a beast as well.
(d) By telling Kyle the story of Beauty and the Beast.
14. What is the point of view of this story?
(a) Objective third person.
(b) Subjective third person.
(c) Second person.
(d) First person.
15. Where does Kyle find Linda?
(a) At the theater.
(b) In the subway.
(c) At the library.
(d) In a slummy neighborhood.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Kendra not allowed into the dance?
2. How does Kyle feel about what he sees happen to Linda in the mirror?
3. From whom does Kyle receive an upset phone call in Chapter 3?
4. How does Kendra feel about the homecoming ceremony?
5. How does Kendra react to Kyle's mean joke?
This section contains 656 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)