|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kendra call Kyle at the end of her tirade?
2. Who does Kyle blame for the flower mix up?
(a) His father.
(d) The gardener.
3. How does Dr. Endecott try to relate to Kyle?
(a) He doesn't.
(b) By telling Kyle the story of Beauty and the Beast.
(c) By admitting that he once was a beast as well.
(d) By talking about his bad acne.
4. Why is Kyle so upset about the rose?
(a) He is a perfectionist and a rose is not what he asked for.
(b) He does not like the color white.
(c) He worries that it will ruin his chance at a make out session after the dance.
(d) He is allergic to roses.
5. How does Sloan react to the rose?
(a) She says that it is no orchid, but it will have to do.
(b) She dumps Kyle because he can't even get a single flower right.
(c) She says that it is beautiful.
(d) She rejects it just as Kyle did.
6. From whom does Kyle receive an upset phone call in Chapter 3?
(a) Kendra has found out about his plan.
(b) His best friend Trey is in love with Kyle's girlfriend.
(c) His best friend Trey is in love with Kendra.
(d) His girlfriend, Sloane Hagen, is upset that Kendra is telling people about the dance.
7. Why is Kendra not allowed into the dance?
(a) Kyle told the ticket girl to make sure she didn't get in.
(b) Kendra does not attend their school.
(c) Kendra is not dressed properly.
(d) Kyle was supposed to have her ticket, so she doesn't have one.
8. Which of the following is not an example of a curse found on Kyle's chat room?
(a) A prince turned into a frog.
(b) A woman turned into a man.
(c) A mermaid turned into a girl.
(d) A man turned into a bear.
9. Who is crowned homecoming king and queen?
(a) Trey and Sloane.
(b) Kyle and Kendra.
(c) Trey and Kendra.
(d) Kyle and Sloane.
10. What is the point of view of this story?
(a) First person.
(b) Objective third person.
(c) Second person.
(d) Subjective third person.
11. Why does Sloane agree to keep Kyle's secret?
(a) She still cares about Kyle and doesn't want to ruin him.
(b) She doesn't think that anyone would believe her if she told.
(c) She is worried that if word gets out that she kissed a beast, her reputation would be ruined.
(d) She doesn't want to have to think about it anymore.
12. How does Kendra feel about the homecoming ceremony?
(a) She takes it very seriously, and plans to be the queen.
(b) She thinks it is silly.
(c) She doesn't care one way or the other.
(d) She thinks it is shallow and elitist.
13. Beastly is a modern retelling of what classic fairy tale?
(a) Sleeping Beauty.
(b) Beauty and the Beast.
(c) Snow White.
(d) The Little Mermaid.
14. How does Sloane react when she discovers Kyle's curse?
(a) She tries to kill him.
(b) She runs away screaming and Kyle never hears from her again.
(c) She does not care. She loves him as he is and kisses him, breaking the curse.
(d) She screams in fright, then says she can't see him like he is. She says that Kyle should call her when he is back to normal.
15. What is the result of Kendra's spell?
(a) Kyle is rendered mute.
(b) Kyle is transformed into an Afghan Hound.
(c) Kyle is rendered blind.
(d) Kyle is transformed into a hideous beast with claws and fangs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the gardener say to Kyle about the flower mix up?
2. What does Kyle think odd about Kendra?
3. Why does Kendra allow Kyle a chance to redeem himself?
4. Why do Kendra's words upset Kyle so badly?
5. How does Kyle plan to get back at Kendra?
This section contains 747 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)