|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Rob Kingsbury?
(a) Kyle's father.
(b) Kyle's teacher.
(c) Kyle's doctor.
(d) Kyle's brother.
2. How does Kyle feel about his encounter with Kendra when he is in PE?
(a) He doesn't care anymore.
(b) He feels that she might be right after all.
(c) He laughs about it.
(d) He is still upset.
3. What happens when Kyle and Sloane come back and find Kendra outside?
(a) Kendra and Kyle kiss in front of Sloane, and everyone laughs at Sloane.
(b) Sloane and Kendra fight over Kyle.
(c) They kiss in front of Kendra, and everyone laughs at Kendra.
(d) Sloane and Kendra both become angry at Kyle for playing them.
4. Why is Kendra not allowed into the dance?
(a) Kyle told the ticket girl to make sure she didn't get in.
(b) Kendra does not attend their school.
(c) Kyle was supposed to have her ticket, so she doesn't have one.
(d) Kendra is not dressed properly.
5. What does Kendra call Kyle at the end of her tirade?
6. What does Kyle do that utterly surprises Magda?
(a) He apologizes for the way he has treated her.
(b) He breaks down in tears.
(c) He kisses her.
(d) He tells her that he loves her.
7. Why does Linda's dad abuse her?
(a) He is angry at Linda for using drugs.
(b) He is a drug addict, and she has thrown out his drugs.
(c) He is angry at Linda for not going out with Kyle.
(d) He is a sexual predator.
8. Who does Kyle blame for the flower mix up?
(c) His father.
(d) The gardener.
9. What does the gardener say to Kyle about the flower mix up?
(a) She apologizes for messing it up.
(b) She feels sorry for him if he can't see the beauty in a single white rose.
(c) She tells him to bug off.
(d) She says that she didn't do it.
10. What does Kyle threaten to do if Kendra does not change him back?
(a) He threatens to call the police.
(b) He threatens to find a witch hunter.
(c) He threatens to expose her to the world.
(d) He threatens to kill her.
11. What does SilentMaid decide to do?
(a) She will return to the sea.
(b) She will try to find a human to love her for who she is.
(c) She will trade her sight for love.
(d) She will trade her voice for love.
12. Why do Kendra's words upset Kyle so badly?
(a) They make him insecure about himself.
(b) They were supposed to be secret.
(c) They make him look bad to his friends.
(d) They are lies.
13. How does Kyle respond to SilentMaid's plan?
(a) He says that she is brave.
(b) He says that he will love her as she is, if she can do the same for him.
(c) He says that she is sweet.
(d) He says that she is crazy.
14. Who is Linda Owens?
(a) Kyle's old girlfriend.
(b) Kyle's favorite actress.
(c) A girl from Kyle's school who Kyle gave the rose to at the dance.
(d) A girl from Kyle's school who Kyle has never met.
15. From whom does Kyle receive an upset phone call in Chapter 3?
(a) His best friend Trey is in love with Kyle's girlfriend.
(b) His best friend Trey is in love with Kendra.
(c) His girlfriend, Sloane Hagen, is upset that Kendra is telling people about the dance.
(d) Kendra has found out about his plan.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Kyle think that Kendra doesn't like him?
2. How does Kyle's father react to the curse?
3. What does Kyle find when he goes to get Sloane's orchid?
4. From whose perspective is the story told?
5. How does Kendra feel about the homecoming ceremony?
This section contains 726 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)