|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Sloane feel about Kyle's plan to embarrass Kendra?
(a) She likes it, but warns that he had better not try anything like that with her.
(b) She doesn't like it, but is afraid to say anything about it.
(c) She thinks it is a terrible thing to do and asks Kyle to apologize to Kendra.
(d) She breaks up with Kyle for being so mean.
2. How does Kyle's dad feel about his plan?
(a) He doesn't care.
(b) He tells Kyle not to be mean.
(c) He grounds Kyle for his behavior.
(d) He thinks it's funny.
3. What does SilentMaid decide to do?
(a) She will trade her voice for love.
(b) She will trade her sight for love.
(c) She will try to find a human to love her for who she is.
(d) She will return to the sea.
4. How does Sloan react to the rose?
(a) She says that it is no orchid, but it will have to do.
(b) She rejects it just as Kyle did.
(c) She dumps Kyle because he can't even get a single flower right.
(d) She says that it is beautiful.
5. How does Kyle plan to get back at Kendra?
(a) He plans to spread nasty rumors about her.
(b) He plans to ask her to the dance, then humiliate her in public.
(c) He plans to set her house on fire.
(d) He plans to beat her.
6. How does Kyle see his girlfriend?
(a) The most beautiful woman in the world.
(b) Not much to look at, but at least she is smart and funny.
(c) A bottle blonde who is not very bright.
(d) Pretty, but not as pretty as himself.
7. What happens when Kyle tries to cut his hair?
(a) It cuts and does not grow back.
(b) It hurts him so badly that he gives up.
(c) It will not cut.
(d) It grows back.
8. Who is Rob Kingsbury?
(a) Kyle's father.
(b) Kyle's teacher.
(c) Kyle's brother.
(d) Kyle's doctor.
9. What does Kyle do that utterly surprises Magda?
(a) He tells her that he loves her.
(b) He kisses her.
(c) He apologizes for the way he has treated her.
(d) He breaks down in tears.
10. What does Kendra call Kyle at the end of her tirade?
11. Which of the following was not offered by Kyle's father as a payment for tutoring Kyle?
(a) To pay off student loans.
(b) A large salary.
(c) A book deal.
(d) A credit card.
12. What did Kyle's father tell the tutor about Kyle?
(a) That he was lonely.
(b) That he was a beast.
(c) That he was an invalid.
(d) That he was blind.
13. How does Kyle combat his boredom?
(a) He watches people in the hand mirror.
(b) He watches TV.
(c) He plays video games.
(d) He reads.
14. What does Dr. Endecott tell Kyle about his condition?
(a) He tells Kyle that the procedure is complicated, but not impossible.
(b) He envies Kyle's raw beastly power, as good looks aren't really worth anything.
(c) The curse has changed Kyle's skin cells, and there is no way to change it back.
(d) He should be happy about his new found strength and speed.
15. How does Kyle's father react to the curse?
(a) He runs away from his son, not recognizing him.
(b) He swears to help reverse the curse, then never returns home from work.
(c) He thinks that Kyle is playing a joke, but swears to find a way to fix it when he realizes that it is real.
(d) He tells Kyle that he will just have to adapt to his new look, and that he will always love him because he is his son.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kyle see in the mirror when he thinks of Trey and Sloane?
2. How does Kendra react to Kyle asking her out?
3. Where does Kyle find Linda?
4. Which of the following best describes Sloane?
5. What is Kyle's online user name?
This section contains 714 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)