|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following was not one of the conditions for being Kyle's tutor?
(a) He must write a book.
(b) He must live with Kyle.
(c) He must not ask who hired him.
(d) He can not write a book.
2. What does Kyle tell Kendra about her opinion of the homecoming ceremony?
(a) He tells her that she is right.
(b) He tells her that if she loses some weight and has plastic surgery, she would likely feel different.
(c) He tells her that if she really feels that way, that she ought to just leave.
(d) He tells her not to take it so seriously.
3. How does Kyle describe his new tutor when he finds out?
(a) Kinda geeky.
4. Who is crowned homecoming king and queen?
(a) Kyle and Kendra.
(b) Kyle and Sloane.
(c) Trey and Sloane.
(d) Trey and Kendra.
5. Why does Sloane agree to keep Kyle's secret?
(a) She still cares about Kyle and doesn't want to ruin him.
(b) She doesn't want to have to think about it anymore.
(c) She is worried that if word gets out that she kissed a beast, her reputation would be ruined.
(d) She doesn't think that anyone would believe her if she told.
6. How does Kyle's father react to these conditions and his son's threat?
(a) He agrees to all conditions.
(b) He is sad that he is not allowed to visit.
(c) He refuses to be manipulated.
(d) He is glad that he will be able to visit.
7. How does Dr. Endecott treat Kyle?
(a) Like a normal person.
(b) Like an abomination.
(c) Like a hideous beast.
(d) Like a poor animal.
8. What does Dr. Endecott tell Kyle about his condition?
(a) He should be happy about his new found strength and speed.
(b) He tells Kyle that the procedure is complicated, but not impossible.
(c) He envies Kyle's raw beastly power, as good looks aren't really worth anything.
(d) The curse has changed Kyle's skin cells, and there is no way to change it back.
9. Which of the following best describes Kyle?
10. What happens when Kyle and Sloane come back and find Kendra outside?
(a) Sloane and Kendra fight over Kyle.
(b) Kendra and Kyle kiss in front of Sloane, and everyone laughs at Sloane.
(c) They kiss in front of Kendra, and everyone laughs at Kendra.
(d) Sloane and Kendra both become angry at Kyle for playing them.
11. What does the gardener say to Kyle about the flower mix up?
(a) She apologizes for messing it up.
(b) She tells him to bug off.
(c) She says that she didn't do it.
(d) She feels sorry for him if he can't see the beauty in a single white rose.
12. What one nice thing did Kyle do?
(a) He volunteered at an animal shelter.
(b) He asked Kendra to the dance.
(c) He gave the rose to the girl in the ticket booth.
(d) He let his friend Trey be crowned homecoming king.
13. What is Kyle's online user name?
14. How does Kendra react to Kyle asking her out?
(a) She turns him down, calling him a sexist pig.
(b) She tells him that she knows what he is planning, and that it won't work.
(c) She accepts, and immediately seems to fall in love with him.
(d) She accepts, but seems to have an agenda of her own.
15. What does not contribute to Kyle's popularity?
(a) Kyle's looks.
(b) Kyle's social status.
(c) Kyle's personality.
(d) Kyle's wealth.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not an example of a curse found on Kyle's chat room?
2. Where does Kyle find Linda?
3. How does Kendra acknowledge Kyle's only kind act?
4. How does Kyle see his girlfriend?
5. From whom does Kyle receive an upset phone call in Chapter 3?
This section contains 753 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)