|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Sloane feel about Kyle's plan to embarrass Kendra?
(a) She thinks it is a terrible thing to do and asks Kyle to apologize to Kendra.
(b) She breaks up with Kyle for being so mean.
(c) She likes it, but warns that he had better not try anything like that with her.
(d) She doesn't like it, but is afraid to say anything about it.
2. What one nice thing did Kyle do?
(a) He gave the rose to the girl in the ticket booth.
(b) He asked Kendra to the dance.
(c) He volunteered at an animal shelter.
(d) He let his friend Trey be crowned homecoming king.
3. Why is Kyle so upset about the rose?
(a) He worries that it will ruin his chance at a make out session after the dance.
(b) He is a perfectionist and a rose is not what he asked for.
(c) He does not like the color white.
(d) He is allergic to roses.
4. Beastly is a modern retelling of what classic fairy tale?
(a) Sleeping Beauty.
(b) The Little Mermaid.
(c) Snow White.
(d) Beauty and the Beast.
5. Where does Linda run to avoid her father?
(a) The library.
(b) The subway.
(c) The school.
(d) The theater.
6. How does Kyle feel about what he sees happen to Linda in the mirror?
(a) He figures she probably deserves it.
(b) He feels bad for her, and wishes that he be there for her.
(c) He finds it very entertaining.
(d) He doesn't care, as it is not his problem.
7. What does SilentMaid decide to do?
(a) She will try to find a human to love her for who she is.
(b) She will trade her sight for love.
(c) She will trade her voice for love.
(d) She will return to the sea.
8. What does Kyle think odd about Kendra?
(a) She sounds foreign.
(b) She does not like homecoming.
(c) She does not like Kyle.
(d) He has never seen her before, and she looks out of place.
9. What does Dr. Endecott tell Kyle about his condition?
(a) The curse has changed Kyle's skin cells, and there is no way to change it back.
(b) He tells Kyle that the procedure is complicated, but not impossible.
(c) He should be happy about his new found strength and speed.
(d) He envies Kyle's raw beastly power, as good looks aren't really worth anything.
10. What is the result of Kendra's spell?
(a) Kyle is rendered mute.
(b) Kyle is transformed into an Afghan Hound.
(c) Kyle is transformed into a hideous beast with claws and fangs.
(d) Kyle is rendered blind.
11. From whose perspective is the story told?
(b) Omniscient narrator.
12. What does Kyle do with the rose?
(a) He gives it to the ticket girl at the dance.
(b) He throws it away.
(c) He gives it to Kendra.
(d) He gives it to Sloane.
13. Who is crowned homecoming king and queen?
(a) Trey and Sloane.
(b) Kyle and Kendra.
(c) Trey and Kendra.
(d) Kyle and Sloane.
14. Who becomes Kyle's tutor?
(a) Will Fratelli.
(c) Dr. Endecott.
(d) Will's father.
15. What is Kyle's online user name?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the gardener say to Kyle about the flower mix up?
2. Why does Kyle explode at the dance?
3. What does the mirror represent to Kyle?
4. Where does Kyle move to?
5. How does Kyle's father react to the curse?
This section contains 738 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)