|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Mr. Anderson?
(a) Kendra's boyfriend.
(b) Kyle's gardener.
(c) Kyle's father.
(d) The moderator of the chat room.
2. What does Kyle do that utterly surprises Magda?
(a) He tells her that he loves her.
(b) He apologizes for the way he has treated her.
(c) He breaks down in tears.
(d) He kisses her.
3. Which of the following is not one of the conditions Kyle's father must meet to keep Kyle from granting an interview to the media?
(a) His father must never visit.
(b) A tutor.
(c) His father must visit once a week.
(d) A computer with Internet.
4. Which of the following is not an example of a curse found on Kyle's chat room?
(a) A man turned into a bear.
(b) A mermaid turned into a girl.
(c) A prince turned into a frog.
(d) A woman turned into a man.
5. How does Kendra feel about the homecoming ceremony?
(a) She takes it very seriously, and plans to be the queen.
(b) She thinks it is shallow and elitist.
(c) She doesn't care one way or the other.
(d) She thinks it is silly.
6. Why is Kyle so upset about the rose?
(a) He is allergic to roses.
(b) He is a perfectionist and a rose is not what he asked for.
(c) He does not like the color white.
(d) He worries that it will ruin his chance at a make out session after the dance.
7. Where does Linda run to avoid her father?
(a) The library.
(b) The subway.
(c) The theater.
(d) The school.
8. Who is crowned homecoming king and queen?
(a) Trey and Kendra.
(b) Trey and Sloane.
(c) Kyle and Sloane.
(d) Kyle and Kendra.
9. What happens when Kyle and Sloane come back and find Kendra outside?
(a) Sloane and Kendra both become angry at Kyle for playing them.
(b) Sloane and Kendra fight over Kyle.
(c) Kendra and Kyle kiss in front of Sloane, and everyone laughs at Sloane.
(d) They kiss in front of Kendra, and everyone laughs at Kendra.
10. Why does Sloane agree to keep Kyle's secret?
(a) She doesn't want to have to think about it anymore.
(b) She is worried that if word gets out that she kissed a beast, her reputation would be ruined.
(c) She still cares about Kyle and doesn't want to ruin him.
(d) She doesn't think that anyone would believe her if she told.
11. How does Dr. Endecott treat Kyle?
(a) Like an abomination.
(b) Like a hideous beast.
(c) Like a normal person.
(d) Like a poor animal.
12. Beastly is a modern retelling of what classic fairy tale?
(a) The Little Mermaid.
(b) Snow White.
(c) Beauty and the Beast.
(d) Sleeping Beauty.
13. How does Kyle feel about what he sees happen to Linda in the mirror?
(a) He figures she probably deserves it.
(b) He feels bad for her, and wishes that he be there for her.
(c) He finds it very entertaining.
(d) He doesn't care, as it is not his problem.
14. What one nice thing did Kyle do?
(a) He let his friend Trey be crowned homecoming king.
(b) He asked Kendra to the dance.
(c) He gave the rose to the girl in the ticket booth.
(d) He volunteered at an animal shelter.
15. What will break the curse?
(a) Kyle must convince the witch that he has changed, then she will transform him back.
(b) Kyle must wait out his two year sentence, then he will transform back.
(c) Kyle must find a girl who can love him as he is, and love her back. When they kiss he will be transformed back.
(d) Kyle must kill the witch to return to his normal self.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Kyle's father tell the tutor about Kyle?
2. What does Kyle find when he goes to get Sloane's orchid?
3. How does Kyle see his girlfriend?
4. How does Sloane react when she discovers Kyle's curse?
5. How does Dr. Endecott try to relate to Kyle?
This section contains 753 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)