|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Kyle first try to break his curse?
(a) He goes to a doctor.
(b) He tries to kill Kendra.
(c) He swears to Kendra that he has changed.
(d) He tricks Sloane into kissing him while it's dark.
2. How does Dr. Endecott treat Kyle?
(a) Like a normal person.
(b) Like an abomination.
(c) Like a hideous beast.
(d) Like a poor animal.
3. Why does Kendra allow Kyle a chance to redeem himself?
(a) She knows that it would be wrong to curse someone without a way out.
(b) She sees that he did one nice thing.
(c) The nature of magic forces her hand.
(d) She doesn't mean to.
4. What is the point of view of this story?
(a) First person.
(b) Second person.
(c) Subjective third person.
(d) Objective third person.
5. What will break the curse?
(a) Kyle must find a girl who can love him as he is, and love her back. When they kiss he will be transformed back.
(b) Kyle must kill the witch to return to his normal self.
(c) Kyle must convince the witch that he has changed, then she will transform him back.
(d) Kyle must wait out his two year sentence, then he will transform back.
6. Why does Linda's dad abuse her?
(a) He is angry at Linda for using drugs.
(b) He is angry at Linda for not going out with Kyle.
(c) He is a sexual predator.
(d) He is a drug addict, and she has thrown out his drugs.
7. How does Sloane react when she discovers Kyle's curse?
(a) She tries to kill him.
(b) She runs away screaming and Kyle never hears from her again.
(c) She does not care. She loves him as he is and kisses him, breaking the curse.
(d) She screams in fright, then says she can't see him like he is. She says that Kyle should call her when he is back to normal.
8. Who is Kendra?
(a) Kyle's mother.
(b) An overweight Goth witch.
(c) The future homecoming queen.
(d) Kyle's best friend.
9. From whom does Kyle receive an upset phone call in Chapter 3?
(a) Kendra has found out about his plan.
(b) His best friend Trey is in love with Kendra.
(c) His girlfriend, Sloane Hagen, is upset that Kendra is telling people about the dance.
(d) His best friend Trey is in love with Kyle's girlfriend.
10. How does Kendra acknowledge Kyle's only kind act?
(a) She agrees to date him now that he is ugly too.
(b) She only makes him remain a beast for two years.
(c) She gives him a single white rose to remind him of real beauty.
(d) She gives him two years to find his true love and reverse the spell.
11. What does Kyle decide to do with Kendra's mirror?
(a) He decides to break it.
(b) He decides to use it to see the girl that will love him.
(c) He decides to throw it away.
(d) He decides to give it back.
12. How does Kyle see his girlfriend?
(a) Not much to look at, but at least she is smart and funny.
(b) A bottle blonde who is not very bright.
(c) Pretty, but not as pretty as himself.
(d) The most beautiful woman in the world.
13. Why does Sloane agree to keep Kyle's secret?
(a) She is worried that if word gets out that she kissed a beast, her reputation would be ruined.
(b) She still cares about Kyle and doesn't want to ruin him.
(c) She doesn't think that anyone would believe her if she told.
(d) She doesn't want to have to think about it anymore.
14. What does Kendra call Kyle at the end of her tirade?
15. Which of the following is not an example of a curse found on Kyle's chat room?
(a) A mermaid turned into a girl.
(b) A woman turned into a man.
(c) A man turned into a bear.
(d) A prince turned into a frog.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Dr. Endecott try to relate to Kyle?
2. Which of the following best describes Kyle?
3. Why does Kyle think that he was unable to break his spell with Sloane?
4. What does Kyle do that utterly surprises Magda?
5. Why does Kyle give the rose away?
This section contains 765 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)