|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Kyle's father react to the curse?
(a) He swears to help reverse the curse, then never returns home from work.
(b) He thinks that Kyle is playing a joke, but swears to find a way to fix it when he realizes that it is real.
(c) He runs away from his son, not recognizing him.
(d) He tells Kyle that he will just have to adapt to his new look, and that he will always love him because he is his son.
2. What is the result of Kendra's spell?
(a) Kyle is transformed into a hideous beast with claws and fangs.
(b) Kyle is transformed into an Afghan Hound.
(c) Kyle is rendered blind.
(d) Kyle is rendered mute.
3. From whose perspective is the story told?
(c) Omniscient narrator.
4. What are to be Will's living arrangements?
(a) He will have an apartment nearby.
(b) He will live at home.
(c) He will stay with Kyle and Magda.
(d) He will live in the country.
5. Who is Mr. Anderson?
(a) Kendra's boyfriend.
(b) Kyle's father.
(c) Kyle's gardener.
(d) The moderator of the chat room.
6. Where does Linda run to avoid her father?
(a) The theater.
(b) The school.
(c) The subway.
(d) The library.
7. How does Kyle feel about what he sees happen to Linda in the mirror?
(a) He doesn't care, as it is not his problem.
(b) He finds it very entertaining.
(c) He feels bad for her, and wishes that he be there for her.
(d) He figures she probably deserves it.
8. Why does Kyle think that Kendra doesn't like him?
(a) He knows that she is right to not like him.
(b) He thinks she secretly does like him.
(c) He thinks she's just mean hearted.
(d) He thinks she's jealous of his good looks and popularity.
9. How does Kendra react to Kyle's mean joke?
(a) She cries and runs away.
(b) She cries and screams at Kyle.
(c) She seems unfazed, and tells him that this will make her decision easier.
(d) She attacks Kyle.
10. How does Sloane react when she discovers Kyle's curse?
(a) She runs away screaming and Kyle never hears from her again.
(b) She does not care. She loves him as he is and kisses him, breaking the curse.
(c) She screams in fright, then says she can't see him like he is. She says that Kyle should call her when he is back to normal.
(d) She tries to kill him.
11. What one nice thing did Kyle do?
(a) He volunteered at an animal shelter.
(b) He let his friend Trey be crowned homecoming king.
(c) He asked Kendra to the dance.
(d) He gave the rose to the girl in the ticket booth.
12. What does Kendra call Kyle at the end of her tirade?
13. What does Kyle threaten to do if Kendra does not change him back?
(a) He threatens to call the police.
(b) He threatens to kill her.
(c) He threatens to find a witch hunter.
(d) He threatens to expose her to the world.
14. What does Kyle see in the mirror when he thinks of Trey and Sloane?
(a) He sees them together, making out.
(b) He sees Sloane crying in her room, and Trey trying to comfort her.
(c) He sees Sloane with another guy and Trey watching TV.
(d) He sees them both missing him.
15. Why was Magda sent with Kyle?
(a) To be his guardian.
(b) To be his gardener.
(c) To keep him locked up.
(d) To get rid of her too.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Sloane agree to keep Kyle's secret?
2. What did Kyle's father tell the tutor about Kyle?
3. What does not contribute to Kyle's popularity?
4. How does Kyle's dad feel about his plan?
5. Which of the following best describes Kyle?
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)