|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Kyle find Linda?
(a) In the subway.
(b) In a slummy neighborhood.
(c) At the library.
(d) At the theater.
2. What happens when Kyle and Sloane come back and find Kendra outside?
(a) Sloane and Kendra both become angry at Kyle for playing them.
(b) Kendra and Kyle kiss in front of Sloane, and everyone laughs at Sloane.
(c) They kiss in front of Kendra, and everyone laughs at Kendra.
(d) Sloane and Kendra fight over Kyle.
3. What does Kyle think odd about Kendra?
(a) He has never seen her before, and she looks out of place.
(b) She sounds foreign.
(c) She does not like homecoming.
(d) She does not like Kyle.
4. What is the point of view of this story?
(a) First person.
(b) Subjective third person.
(c) Second person.
(d) Objective third person.
5. How does Sloane react when she discovers Kyle's curse?
(a) She does not care. She loves him as he is and kisses him, breaking the curse.
(b) She runs away screaming and Kyle never hears from her again.
(c) She screams in fright, then says she can't see him like he is. She says that Kyle should call her when he is back to normal.
(d) She tries to kill him.
6. Why is Kyle so upset about the rose?
(a) He is allergic to roses.
(b) He does not like the color white.
(c) He is a perfectionist and a rose is not what he asked for.
(d) He worries that it will ruin his chance at a make out session after the dance.
7. What does Kendra call Kyle at the end of her tirade?
8. From whom does Kyle receive an upset phone call in Chapter 3?
(a) His girlfriend, Sloane Hagen, is upset that Kendra is telling people about the dance.
(b) Kendra has found out about his plan.
(c) His best friend Trey is in love with Kyle's girlfriend.
(d) His best friend Trey is in love with Kendra.
9. Which of the following was not offered by Kyle's father as a payment for tutoring Kyle?
(a) A credit card.
(b) To pay off student loans.
(c) A large salary.
(d) A book deal.
10. Why is Kendra not allowed into the dance?
(a) Kyle told the ticket girl to make sure she didn't get in.
(b) Kendra is not dressed properly.
(c) Kendra does not attend their school.
(d) Kyle was supposed to have her ticket, so she doesn't have one.
11. What does Dr. Endecott tell Kyle about his condition?
(a) The curse has changed Kyle's skin cells, and there is no way to change it back.
(b) He envies Kyle's raw beastly power, as good looks aren't really worth anything.
(c) He should be happy about his new found strength and speed.
(d) He tells Kyle that the procedure is complicated, but not impossible.
12. How does Kyle first try to break his curse?
(a) He tries to kill Kendra.
(b) He swears to Kendra that he has changed.
(c) He tricks Sloane into kissing him while it's dark.
(d) He goes to a doctor.
13. How does Kyle feel about what he sees happen to Linda in the mirror?
(a) He finds it very entertaining.
(b) He doesn't care, as it is not his problem.
(c) He figures she probably deserves it.
(d) He feels bad for her, and wishes that he be there for her.
14. How does Kyle plan to get back at Kendra?
(a) He plans to beat her.
(b) He plans to set her house on fire.
(c) He plans to ask her to the dance, then humiliate her in public.
(d) He plans to spread nasty rumors about her.
15. What does not contribute to Kyle's popularity?
(a) Kyle's looks.
(b) Kyle's personality.
(c) Kyle's social status.
(d) Kyle's wealth.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Kyle describe his new tutor when he finds out?
2. How does Sloan react to the rose?
3. How does Kendra react to Kyle's mean joke?
4. Where does Kyle move to?
5. What does Kyle see in the mirror when he thinks of Trey and Sloane?
This section contains 733 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)