|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Dr. Endecott treat Kyle?
(a) Like a normal person.
(b) Like a poor animal.
(c) Like a hideous beast.
(d) Like an abomination.
2. Where does Linda run to avoid her father?
(a) The theater.
(b) The library.
(c) The school.
(d) The subway.
3. What does Kyle find when he goes to get Sloane's orchid?
(a) An orchid.
(b) An IOU note.
(d) A single white rose.
4. Who is Mr. Anderson?
(a) Kendra's boyfriend.
(b) Kyle's gardener.
(c) The moderator of the chat room.
(d) Kyle's father.
5. What is the point of view of this story?
(a) Second person.
(b) Subjective third person.
(c) Objective third person.
(d) First person.
6. In Part 2, how does Kyle feel about love?
(a) He is in love.
(b) He wishes that he could find his love.
(c) He doesn't believe in love.
(d) He hates love.
7. What does Kyle do that utterly surprises Magda?
(a) He tells her that he loves her.
(b) He apologizes for the way he has treated her.
(c) He breaks down in tears.
(d) He kisses her.
8. What does Kyle decide to do with Kendra's mirror?
(a) He decides to throw it away.
(b) He decides to give it back.
(c) He decides to use it to see the girl that will love him.
(d) He decides to break it.
9. How does Kyle plan to get back at Kendra?
(a) He plans to beat her.
(b) He plans to ask her to the dance, then humiliate her in public.
(c) He plans to set her house on fire.
(d) He plans to spread nasty rumors about her.
10. What does Kendra call Kyle at the end of her tirade?
11. Why was Magda sent with Kyle?
(a) To be his guardian.
(b) To be his gardener.
(c) To get rid of her too.
(d) To keep him locked up.
12. Why do Kendra's words upset Kyle so badly?
(a) They were supposed to be secret.
(b) They make him look bad to his friends.
(c) They are lies.
(d) They make him insecure about himself.
13. How does Kyle first try to break his curse?
(a) He goes to a doctor.
(b) He tries to kill Kendra.
(c) He swears to Kendra that he has changed.
(d) He tricks Sloane into kissing him while it's dark.
14. What does not contribute to Kyle's popularity?
(a) Kyle's looks.
(b) Kyle's wealth.
(c) Kyle's personality.
(d) Kyle's social status.
15. What does the mirror represent to Kyle?
(a) A reminder of his vanity.
(b) A small hope that he might convince Kendra to change him back.
(c) A small hope that he may find his love.
(d) That he will be a beast forever.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Kendra allow Kyle a chance to redeem himself?
2. What does Kyle think odd about Kendra?
3. How does Kendra react to Kyle's mean joke?
4. Why does Sloane agree to keep Kyle's secret?
5. How does Kyle's father react to these conditions and his son's threat?
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)