|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Kyle combat his boredom?
(a) He reads.
(b) He watches people in the hand mirror.
(c) He watches TV.
(d) He plays video games.
2. How does Kendra react to Kyle's mean joke?
(a) She seems unfazed, and tells him that this will make her decision easier.
(b) She cries and screams at Kyle.
(c) She attacks Kyle.
(d) She cries and runs away.
3. Why does Kendra allow Kyle a chance to redeem himself?
(a) She knows that it would be wrong to curse someone without a way out.
(b) She sees that he did one nice thing.
(c) She doesn't mean to.
(d) The nature of magic forces her hand.
4. What are to be Will's living arrangements?
(a) He will stay with Kyle and Magda.
(b) He will live at home.
(c) He will live in the country.
(d) He will have an apartment nearby.
5. What is Kyle's online user name?
6. Which of the following is not an example of a curse found on Kyle's chat room?
(a) A mermaid turned into a girl.
(b) A prince turned into a frog.
(c) A man turned into a bear.
(d) A woman turned into a man.
7. How does Sloane react when she discovers Kyle's curse?
(a) She does not care. She loves him as he is and kisses him, breaking the curse.
(b) She screams in fright, then says she can't see him like he is. She says that Kyle should call her when he is back to normal.
(c) She tries to kill him.
(d) She runs away screaming and Kyle never hears from her again.
8. What is the point of view of this story?
(a) First person.
(b) Subjective third person.
(c) Second person.
(d) Objective third person.
9. Who is Linda Owens?
(a) Kyle's favorite actress.
(b) A girl from Kyle's school who Kyle gave the rose to at the dance.
(c) Kyle's old girlfriend.
(d) A girl from Kyle's school who Kyle has never met.
10. What does Kyle find when he goes to get Sloane's orchid?
(a) An IOU note.
(b) An orchid.
(c) A single white rose.
11. What does Dr. Endecott tell Kyle about his condition?
(a) He envies Kyle's raw beastly power, as good looks aren't really worth anything.
(b) The curse has changed Kyle's skin cells, and there is no way to change it back.
(c) He should be happy about his new found strength and speed.
(d) He tells Kyle that the procedure is complicated, but not impossible.
12. How does Kyle plan to get back at Kendra?
(a) He plans to ask her to the dance, then humiliate her in public.
(b) He plans to spread nasty rumors about her.
(c) He plans to beat her.
(d) He plans to set her house on fire.
13. Which of the following is not a member of the online chat room?
14. Why is Kyle so upset about the rose?
(a) He is allergic to roses.
(b) He worries that it will ruin his chance at a make out session after the dance.
(c) He does not like the color white.
(d) He is a perfectionist and a rose is not what he asked for.
15. How does Dr. Endecott treat Kyle?
(a) Like a poor animal.
(b) Like an abomination.
(c) Like a normal person.
(d) Like a hideous beast.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Kyle blame for the flower mix up?
2. How does Trey feel about what happened between Kyle and Kendra?
3. Where does Linda run to avoid her father?
4. Why do Kendra's words upset Kyle so badly?
5. Which of the following is not one of the conditions Kyle's father must meet to keep Kyle from granting an interview to the media?
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)