|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the result of Kendra's spell?
(a) Kyle is transformed into a hideous beast with claws and fangs.
(b) Kyle is rendered blind.
(c) Kyle is rendered mute.
(d) Kyle is transformed into an Afghan Hound.
2. What does Dr. Endecott tell Kyle about his condition?
(a) He tells Kyle that the procedure is complicated, but not impossible.
(b) He should be happy about his new found strength and speed.
(c) The curse has changed Kyle's skin cells, and there is no way to change it back.
(d) He envies Kyle's raw beastly power, as good looks aren't really worth anything.
3. Who is moving in with Kyle?
(b) His father.
4. Which of the following is not a member of the online chat room?
5. Why does Linda's dad abuse her?
(a) He is angry at Linda for not going out with Kyle.
(b) He is a sexual predator.
(c) He is a drug addict, and she has thrown out his drugs.
(d) He is angry at Linda for using drugs.
6. Who is crowned homecoming king and queen?
(a) Kyle and Sloane.
(b) Trey and Sloane.
(c) Trey and Kendra.
(d) Kyle and Kendra.
7. Why does Sloane agree to keep Kyle's secret?
(a) She still cares about Kyle and doesn't want to ruin him.
(b) She doesn't want to have to think about it anymore.
(c) She is worried that if word gets out that she kissed a beast, her reputation would be ruined.
(d) She doesn't think that anyone would believe her if she told.
8. Which of the following is not an example of a curse found on Kyle's chat room?
(a) A prince turned into a frog.
(b) A man turned into a bear.
(c) A woman turned into a man.
(d) A mermaid turned into a girl.
9. Where does Linda run to avoid her father?
(a) The library.
(b) The theater.
(c) The subway.
(d) The school.
10. How does Kendra react to Kyle's mean joke?
(a) She cries and runs away.
(b) She cries and screams at Kyle.
(c) She seems unfazed, and tells him that this will make her decision easier.
(d) She attacks Kyle.
11. Who does Kyle blame for the flower mix up?
(b) His father.
(d) The gardener.
12. How does Kendra acknowledge Kyle's only kind act?
(a) She gives him a single white rose to remind him of real beauty.
(b) She only makes him remain a beast for two years.
(c) She gives him two years to find his true love and reverse the spell.
(d) She agrees to date him now that he is ugly too.
13. Who is Linda Owens?
(a) Kyle's old girlfriend.
(b) A girl from Kyle's school who Kyle gave the rose to at the dance.
(c) A girl from Kyle's school who Kyle has never met.
(d) Kyle's favorite actress.
14. Why is Kendra not allowed into the dance?
(a) Kyle was supposed to have her ticket, so she doesn't have one.
(b) Kyle told the ticket girl to make sure she didn't get in.
(c) Kendra is not dressed properly.
(d) Kendra does not attend their school.
15. How does Kyle's father react to the curse?
(a) He swears to help reverse the curse, then never returns home from work.
(b) He thinks that Kyle is playing a joke, but swears to find a way to fix it when he realizes that it is real.
(c) He runs away from his son, not recognizing him.
(d) He tells Kyle that he will just have to adapt to his new look, and that he will always love him because he is his son.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Kendra react to Kyle asking her out?
2. Beastly is a modern retelling of what classic fairy tale?
3. How does Kyle combat his boredom?
4. Which of the following was not offered by Kyle's father as a payment for tutoring Kyle?
5. How does Kyle describe his new tutor when he finds out?
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)