|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not an example of a curse found on Kyle's chat room?
(a) A woman turned into a man.
(b) A mermaid turned into a girl.
(c) A man turned into a bear.
(d) A prince turned into a frog.
2. How does Trey feel about what happened between Kyle and Kendra?
(a) He agrees with Kendra.
(b) He thinks Kyle should change.
(c) He doesn't understand why Kyle is taking it so seriously.
(d) He thinks that Kyle should put that "witch" in her place.
3. What does Kyle see in the mirror when he thinks of Trey and Sloane?
(a) He sees them together, making out.
(b) He sees Sloane with another guy and Trey watching TV.
(c) He sees Sloane crying in her room, and Trey trying to comfort her.
(d) He sees them both missing him.
4. How does Kyle combat his boredom?
(a) He plays video games.
(b) He watches people in the hand mirror.
(c) He watches TV.
(d) He reads.
5. Why does Kendra allow Kyle a chance to redeem himself?
(a) She sees that he did one nice thing.
(b) She knows that it would be wrong to curse someone without a way out.
(c) She doesn't mean to.
(d) The nature of magic forces her hand.
6. How does Kyle first try to break his curse?
(a) He goes to a doctor.
(b) He swears to Kendra that he has changed.
(c) He tricks Sloane into kissing him while it's dark.
(d) He tries to kill Kendra.
7. How does Kendra react to Kyle's news that he has been completely alone for months?
(a) She laughs at him.
(b) She feels a little guilty, and agrees to remove the spell.
(c) She tells him that it is just what he deserved.
(d) She feels a little guilty, and agrees to try to help him find the girl to break his spell.
8. What does the mirror represent to Kyle?
(a) That he will be a beast forever.
(b) A small hope that he may find his love.
(c) A small hope that he might convince Kendra to change him back.
(d) A reminder of his vanity.
9. Which of the following is not a member of the online chat room?
10. What does Kyle tell Kendra about her opinion of the homecoming ceremony?
(a) He tells her that if she loses some weight and has plastic surgery, she would likely feel different.
(b) He tells her that if she really feels that way, that she ought to just leave.
(c) He tells her not to take it so seriously.
(d) He tells her that she is right.
11. How does Kyle respond to SilentMaid's plan?
(a) He says that he will love her as she is, if she can do the same for him.
(b) He says that she is brave.
(c) He says that she is sweet.
(d) He says that she is crazy.
12. Who is Rob Kingsbury?
(a) Kyle's doctor.
(b) Kyle's teacher.
(c) Kyle's father.
(d) Kyle's brother.
13. Why does Kyle think that Kendra doesn't like him?
(a) He knows that she is right to not like him.
(b) He thinks she's jealous of his good looks and popularity.
(c) He thinks she secretly does like him.
(d) He thinks she's just mean hearted.
14. What does Kyle think odd about Kendra?
(a) She does not like Kyle.
(b) He has never seen her before, and she looks out of place.
(c) She does not like homecoming.
(d) She sounds foreign.
15. Why does Kyle give the rose away?
(a) He wants to be rid of it.
(b) He feels sorry for the ticket girl.
(c) He hopes it will convince Sloane to make out with him.
(d) He wants to apologize to Kendra.
Short Answer Questions
1. Beastly is a modern retelling of what classic fairy tale?
2. How does Kyle's father react to these conditions and his son's threat?
3. What does Kyle do that utterly surprises Magda?
4. After returning home from the doctor's, what does Kyle's dad do?
5. How does Sloane feel about Kyle's plan to embarrass Kendra?
This section contains 780 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)