|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the result of Kendra's spell?
(a) Kyle is rendered blind.
(b) Kyle is rendered mute.
(c) Kyle is transformed into a hideous beast with claws and fangs.
(d) Kyle is transformed into an Afghan Hound.
2. From whose perspective is the story told?
(a) Omniscient narrator.
3. Who is Linda Owens?
(a) A girl from Kyle's school who Kyle has never met.
(b) Kyle's old girlfriend.
(c) Kyle's favorite actress.
(d) A girl from Kyle's school who Kyle gave the rose to at the dance.
4. Which of the following best describes Sloane?
5. How does Sloane feel about Kyle's plan to embarrass Kendra?
(a) She breaks up with Kyle for being so mean.
(b) She likes it, but warns that he had better not try anything like that with her.
(c) She doesn't like it, but is afraid to say anything about it.
(d) She thinks it is a terrible thing to do and asks Kyle to apologize to Kendra.
6. Where does Kyle send Magda when she arrives at his apartment?
(a) To get a pizza.
(b) To get a cell phone.
(c) To get some beer.
(d) Back home.
7. From whom does Kyle receive an upset phone call in Chapter 3?
(a) His girlfriend, Sloane Hagen, is upset that Kendra is telling people about the dance.
(b) Kendra has found out about his plan.
(c) His best friend Trey is in love with Kendra.
(d) His best friend Trey is in love with Kyle's girlfriend.
8. What does Kendra call Kyle at the end of her tirade?
9. What will break the curse?
(a) Kyle must convince the witch that he has changed, then she will transform him back.
(b) Kyle must wait out his two year sentence, then he will transform back.
(c) Kyle must find a girl who can love him as he is, and love her back. When they kiss he will be transformed back.
(d) Kyle must kill the witch to return to his normal self.
10. How does Kyle's father react to these conditions and his son's threat?
(a) He refuses to be manipulated.
(b) He agrees to all conditions.
(c) He is glad that he will be able to visit.
(d) He is sad that he is not allowed to visit.
11. Why does Linda's dad abuse her?
(a) He is angry at Linda for not going out with Kyle.
(b) He is angry at Linda for using drugs.
(c) He is a drug addict, and she has thrown out his drugs.
(d) He is a sexual predator.
12. In Part 2, how does Kyle feel about love?
(a) He hates love.
(b) He is in love.
(c) He doesn't believe in love.
(d) He wishes that he could find his love.
13. Who becomes Kyle's tutor?
(a) Will Fratelli.
(b) Dr. Endecott.
(c) Will's father.
14. How does Kendra react to Kyle asking her out?
(a) She accepts, and immediately seems to fall in love with him.
(b) She accepts, but seems to have an agenda of her own.
(c) She turns him down, calling him a sexist pig.
(d) She tells him that she knows what he is planning, and that it won't work.
15. Why does Kyle explode at the dance?
(a) He is mad that Trey is making moves on Sloane in front of the whole school.
(b) He is upset about Kendra's words and annoyed that Sloane is making moves on him in front of the whole school.
(c) He is upset that Sloane is not following through with their arrangement to make out once they are crowned.
(d) He is upset about Kendra's words and annoyed that Sloane is not being more helpful.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Kyle tries to cut his hair?
2. What does Kyle do with the rose?
3. Why was Magda sent with Kyle?
4. How does Sloane react when she discovers Kyle's curse?
5. Why is Kyle so upset about the rose?
This section contains 773 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)