|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the result of Kendra's spell?
(a) Kyle is rendered blind.
(b) Kyle is transformed into a hideous beast with claws and fangs.
(c) Kyle is transformed into an Afghan Hound.
(d) Kyle is rendered mute.
2. What does Kyle do that utterly surprises Magda?
(a) He kisses her.
(b) He breaks down in tears.
(c) He apologizes for the way he has treated her.
(d) He tells her that he loves her.
3. Why do Kendra's words upset Kyle so badly?
(a) They make him look bad to his friends.
(b) They make him insecure about himself.
(c) They were supposed to be secret.
(d) They are lies.
4. How does Kendra react to Kyle asking her out?
(a) She accepts, and immediately seems to fall in love with him.
(b) She turns him down, calling him a sexist pig.
(c) She tells him that she knows what he is planning, and that it won't work.
(d) She accepts, but seems to have an agenda of her own.
5. How does Kendra acknowledge Kyle's only kind act?
(a) She agrees to date him now that he is ugly too.
(b) She gives him two years to find his true love and reverse the spell.
(c) She gives him a single white rose to remind him of real beauty.
(d) She only makes him remain a beast for two years.
6. Who is Dr. Endecott?
(a) A witch doctor from South America.
(b) A well known doctor, and Kyle's last hope.
(c) One of the first doctors Kyle sees.
(d) A Voodoo priest.
7. Beastly is a modern retelling of what classic fairy tale?
(a) Beauty and the Beast.
(b) Sleeping Beauty.
(c) The Little Mermaid.
(d) Snow White.
8. Where does Kyle find Linda?
(a) At the library.
(b) In a slummy neighborhood.
(c) At the theater.
(d) In the subway.
9. What does Kyle tell Kendra about her opinion of the homecoming ceremony?
(a) He tells her that she is right.
(b) He tells her not to take it so seriously.
(c) He tells her that if she loses some weight and has plastic surgery, she would likely feel different.
(d) He tells her that if she really feels that way, that she ought to just leave.
10. What does the gardener say to Kyle about the flower mix up?
(a) She says that she didn't do it.
(b) She tells him to bug off.
(c) She feels sorry for him if he can't see the beauty in a single white rose.
(d) She apologizes for messing it up.
11. Who is Kendra?
(a) The future homecoming queen.
(b) Kyle's best friend.
(c) Kyle's mother.
(d) An overweight Goth witch.
12. How does Kyle first try to break his curse?
(a) He tries to kill Kendra.
(b) He swears to Kendra that he has changed.
(c) He goes to a doctor.
(d) He tricks Sloane into kissing him while it's dark.
13. How does Sloane react when she discovers Kyle's curse?
(a) She tries to kill him.
(b) She screams in fright, then says she can't see him like he is. She says that Kyle should call her when he is back to normal.
(c) She runs away screaming and Kyle never hears from her again.
(d) She does not care. She loves him as he is and kisses him, breaking the curse.
14. How does Kyle feel about what he sees happen to Linda in the mirror?
(a) He finds it very entertaining.
(b) He doesn't care, as it is not his problem.
(c) He figures she probably deserves it.
(d) He feels bad for her, and wishes that he be there for her.
15. Who is Linda Owens?
(a) A girl from Kyle's school who Kyle gave the rose to at the dance.
(b) A girl from Kyle's school who Kyle has never met.
(c) Kyle's favorite actress.
(d) Kyle's old girlfriend.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following was not one of the conditions for being Kyle's tutor?
2. Who does Kyle blame for the flower mix up?
3. What does Kendra call Kyle at the end of her tirade?
4. Why is Kendra not allowed into the dance?
5. What happens when Kyle tries to cut his hair?
This section contains 725 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)