Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What feature of May's is described with an "inconsequent sense" and being as beautiful as they were in her youth?
2. Finish this sentence: "Assuredly--if you mean, as I do, something that includes all the loss and all the shame that are _______."
3. Which of the following people are not mentioned by John as being in May's chamber as she lay dying in Chapter 5?
4. How often does the narrator say John would visit May's grave?
5. How long does John stay away during his travels?
Discuss the role of grief in the book. What does grief represent to the characters in the book?
Discuss the concept of the self-fulfilling prophecy in the book. Which character represents this the most?
Discuss the nature of May's illness in the book. What role did her illness have in John's self-discovery?
This section contains 161 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)