|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What feature of May's is described with an "inconsequent sense" and being as beautiful as they were in her youth?
2. Finish this sentence: "Assuredly--if you mean, as I do, something that includes all the loss and all the shame that are _______."
3. Which of the following people are not mentioned by John as being in May's chamber as she lay dying in Chapter 5?
4. How often does the narrator say John would visit May's grave?
5. How long does John stay away during his travels?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the concept of unrequited love in the book.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the nature of John and May's dialogue in the book. What does their conversations with one another say about the nature of their relationship?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the concept of fate in the book. What does fate represent to the characters of the book?
This section contains 567 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)