|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does John say May talked with the softness of in Chapter 5?
2. What does the narrator say May's grave was John's one witness to in Chapter 6?
3. How does the narrator describe the truth once John discovers his love for May in Chapter 6?
4. Finish this sentence: "Why I thought it the point you were just making--that we had looked most things in the ______."
5. What does John have a "dreadful sense" of in Chapter 5?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the author's use of realism in the book. Was this a successful method?
Essay Topic 2
Examine John's role as the watcher in the book. What downfalls came from this role? What purpose does the author have for presenting John in such a role?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the nature of May's eyes in the book. What might her eyes be representative of to John?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)