|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Finish this sentence: "It seems to me I liked it better present, as you say, than I can like it absent with your _________."
2. What age is the man that John sees in the cemetery mourning in Chapter 6?
3. Complete this sentence: "Ah you not being aware of it is the _________ in the strangeness."
4. Where does John say he has lived in regards to his life in Chapter 6?
5. Where does John say his time with May moved him more than his impressions of?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the obsessive behavior exhibited by John in the book. What reasons can be given for his motivations for being so obsessive?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the nature of the scenery in the book. What tone might the author have been hoping to set with the scenery in the book?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the author's use of point of view in the book. What reasons might he have for presenting the characters' point of view in this way?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)