Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What feature of May's is described with an "inconsequent sense" and being as beautiful as they were in her youth?
2. Finish this sentence: "Assuredly--if you mean, as I do, something that includes all the loss and all the shame that are _______."
3. Which of the following people are not mentioned by John as being in May's chamber as she lay dying in Chapter 5?
4. How often does the narrator say John would visit May's grave?
5. How long does John stay away during his travels?
Essay Topic 1
Examine the use of light and dark imagery in the book. What purpose might the use of this type of imagery serve?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the character John Marcher in the book. What role might the author be hoping for this character to represent in terms of society in the book?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the nature of the character May Bartram in the book. What role might the author be hoping for her to play in the book's overall theme?
This section contains 567 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)