|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Complete this sentence: "Did we ever dream, with all our dreams, that we should sit and _______ of thus."
2. What words does John use to describe May's appearance near the beginning of Chapter 4?
3. Complete the sentence: "I thought of _______ things, between which it was difficult to choose; and so must you have done."
4. Finish this sentence: "It seems to me I liked it better present, as you say, than I can like it absent with your _________."
5. Who is described as "the creature beneath the sod?"
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the nature of May's illness in the book. What role did her illness have in John's self-discovery?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the author's use of realism in the book. Was this a successful method?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the concept of love represented in the book. What does love seem to represent to the characters in the book?
This section contains 173 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)