|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is May's response to John when he asks her what is to happen to him at the end of Chapter 4?
2. Finish this sentence: "Why I thought it the point you were just making--that we had looked most things in the ______."
3. How long does John stay away during his travels?
4. Complete this sentence: "I would _____ for you still--if I could."
5. What is John afraid will happen if he moved from May's grave in Chapter 6?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the role of egotism in the book. What repercussions came from egotistic behavior? What might the author be saying about those possessing an egotistic outlook?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the use of light and dark imagery in the book. What purpose might the use of this type of imagery serve?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the concept of fearing the unknown in the book.
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)