|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does John stay away during his travels?
2. What does John say he is afraid he has spent his whole life thinking of in Chapter 4?
3. Which of the following items are not mentioned by John as not being as sharp as his time with May in Chapter 6?
4. Where does John say he has lived in regards to his life in Chapter 6?
5. What does the narrator say May's name on her headstone did to John in Chapter 6?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the role of egotism in the book. What repercussions came from egotistic behavior? What might the author be saying about those possessing an egotistic outlook?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the concept of unrequited love in the book.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the nature of the scenery in the book. What tone might the author have been hoping to set with the scenery in the book?
This section contains 576 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)