|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does May tell John he takes for granted in Chapter 5?
2. Complete this sentence: "Ah you not being aware of it is the _________ in the strangeness."
3. What feature of May's is described with an "inconsequent sense" and being as beautiful as they were in her youth?
4. Finish this sentence: "It isn't a question for you of conceiving, imagining, ______."
5. Complete the sentence: "What do you regard as the very worst that at this time of day can ______ to me."
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the nature of May's eyes in the book. What might her eyes be representative of to John?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the author's use of point of view in the book. What reasons might he have for presenting the characters' point of view in this way?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the nature of the scenery in the book. What tone might the author have been hoping to set with the scenery in the book?
This section contains 562 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)