|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does John say that causes May to say "don't, don't" in Chapter 5?
2. Where does John sit after leaving May's house at the beginning of Chapter 5?
3. How is the cemetery in which May was buried in London described in Chapter 5?
4. What does John say has never touched him in Chapter 6?
5. What does May do during her visit with John to make her statement more "vivid" in Chapter 4?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the concept of love represented in the book. What does love seem to represent to the characters in the book?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the use of light and dark imagery in the book. What purpose might the use of this type of imagery serve?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the separation of John and May in Chapter 4. What significance does this separation hold?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)