|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does John say had become "a strayed or stolen child to an unappeasable father" for him in Chapter 5?
2. How often does the narrator say John would visit May's grave?
3. What occurrs to John at the beginning of Chapter 5, which never happened to him before?
4. What does the narrator say May sat without for the first time that year at the beginning of Chapter 4?
5. What does John refer to as an "open page?"
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the nature of John and May's dialogue in the book. What does their conversations with one another say about the nature of their relationship?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the concept of love represented in the book. What does love seem to represent to the characters in the book?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the concept of unrequited love in the book.
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)