|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first thing John asks May in regards to learning more about her opinion of his secret in Chapter 4?
2. What does John say he will profit extraordinarily little from in Chapter 5?
3. What are the items of furniture in the room where May and John visit in Chapter 4?
4. What occurrs to John at the beginning of Chapter 5, which never happened to him before?
5. What does John decide to visit just before leaving in Chapter 5?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the use of light and dark imagery in the book. What purpose might the use of this type of imagery serve?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the concept of unrequited love in the book.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the nature of the scenery in the book. What tone might the author have been hoping to set with the scenery in the book?
This section contains 615 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)