Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What feature of May's is described with an "inconsequent sense" and being as beautiful as they were in her youth?
2. Finish this sentence: "Assuredly--if you mean, as I do, something that includes all the loss and all the shame that are _______."
3. Which of the following people are not mentioned by John as being in May's chamber as she lay dying in Chapter 5?
4. How often does the narrator say John would visit May's grave?
5. How long does John stay away during his travels?
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the obsessive behavior exhibited by John in the book. What reasons can be given for his motivations for being so obsessive?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the role of egotism in the book. What repercussions came from egotistic behavior? What might the author be saying about those possessing an egotistic outlook?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the nature of the character May Bartram in the book. What role might the author be hoping for her to play in the book's overall theme?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)