Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What feature of May's is described with an "inconsequent sense" and being as beautiful as they were in her youth?
2. Finish this sentence: "Assuredly--if you mean, as I do, something that includes all the loss and all the shame that are _______."
3. Which of the following people are not mentioned by John as being in May's chamber as she lay dying in Chapter 5?
4. How often does the narrator say John would visit May's grave?
5. How long does John stay away during his travels?
Discuss the separation of John and May in Chapter 4. What significance does this separation hold?
Examine the nature of the character May Bartram in the book. What role might the author be hoping for her to play in the book's overall theme?
Analyze the obsessive behavior exhibited by John in the book. What reasons can be given for his motivations for being so obsessive?
This section contains 173 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)