|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Complete this sentence: "You mean that it has come as a positive definite ______, with a name and a date."
2. Where does it say John traveled to during his travels in Chapter 6?
3. What reason does John give for getting up from his seat in May's house in Chapter 5?
4. Finish this sentence: "It isn't a question for you of conceiving, imagining, ______."
5. What does May tell John he takes for granted in Chapter 5?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the concept of unrequited love in the book.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the concept of fearing the unknown in the book.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the author's use of point of view in the book. What reasons might he have for presenting the characters' point of view in this way?
This section contains 165 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)