Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What feature of May's is described with an "inconsequent sense" and being as beautiful as they were in her youth?
2. Finish this sentence: "Assuredly--if you mean, as I do, something that includes all the loss and all the shame that are _______."
3. Which of the following people are not mentioned by John as being in May's chamber as she lay dying in Chapter 5?
4. How often does the narrator say John would visit May's grave?
5. How long does John stay away during his travels?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the concept of love represented in the book. What does love seem to represent to the characters in the book?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the obsessive behavior exhibited by John in the book. What reasons can be given for his motivations for being so obsessive?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the character John Marcher in the book. What role might the author be hoping for this character to represent in terms of society in the book?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)