Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What feature of May's is described with an "inconsequent sense" and being as beautiful as they were in her youth?
2. Finish this sentence: "Assuredly--if you mean, as I do, something that includes all the loss and all the shame that are _______."
3. Which of the following people are not mentioned by John as being in May's chamber as she lay dying in Chapter 5?
4. How often does the narrator say John would visit May's grave?
5. How long does John stay away during his travels?
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the obsessive behavior exhibited by John in the book. What reasons can be given for his motivations for being so obsessive?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the nature of May's illness in the book. What role did her illness have in John's self-discovery?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the concept of fearing the unknown in the book.
This section contains 165 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)