|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How often does the narrator say John would visit May's grave?
2. Where does John say his time with May moved him more than his impressions of?
3. What does the narrator say is "never baffled" in Chapter 6?
4. Finish this sentence: "Why I thought it the point you were just making--that we had looked most things in the ______."
5. What does John say that causes May to say "don't, don't" in Chapter 5?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the character John Marcher in the book. What role might the author be hoping for this character to represent in terms of society in the book?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the nature of John and May's dialogue in the book. What does their conversations with one another say about the nature of their relationship?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the concept of unrequited love in the book.
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)