|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What occurrs to John at the beginning of Chapter 5, which never happened to him before?
2. How does the narrator describe the truth once John discovers his love for May in Chapter 6?
3. Finish this sentence: "Why I thought it the point you were just making--that we had looked most things in the ______."
4. Where does it say John traveled to during his travels in Chapter 6?
5. What does John say his "jungle" has been thrashed to in Chapter 5?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the concept of love represented in the book. What does love seem to represent to the characters in the book?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the separation of John and May in Chapter 4. What significance does this separation hold?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the nature of May's eyes in the book. What might her eyes be representative of to John?
This section contains 579 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)