|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does John claim he was afraid of during his conversation with May in Chapter 4?
2. What does May touch near her chimney before becoming ill near the end of Chapter 4?
3. What are the items of furniture in the room where May and John visit in Chapter 4?
4. What is John afraid will happen if he moved from May's grave in Chapter 6?
5. Where does it say John traveled to during his travels in Chapter 6?
Essay Topic 1
Examine John's role as the watcher in the book. What downfalls came from this role? What purpose does the author have for presenting John in such a role?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the nature of May's eyes in the book. What might her eyes be representative of to John?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the character John Marcher in the book. What role might the author be hoping for this character to represent in terms of society in the book?
This section contains 586 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)