|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does John say he is afraid he has spent his whole life thinking of in Chapter 4?
2. What words does John use to describe May's appearance near the beginning of Chapter 4?
3. What does John realize his escape would have been near the end of Chapter 6?
4. What does John believe May did to him in order to save him according to his thoughts in Chapter 5?
5. What does the narrator say always "reigned" in regards to May's home in Chapter 4?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the nature of John and May's dialogue in the book. What does their conversations with one another say about the nature of their relationship?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the concept of love represented in the book. What does love seem to represent to the characters in the book?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the author's use of point of view in the book. What reasons might he have for presenting the characters' point of view in this way?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)