|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does John have a "dreadful sense" of in Chapter 5?
2. What does John believe May did to him in order to save him according to his thoughts in Chapter 5?
3. Finish this sentence: "If you're glad of what it's not it might then have been _____."
4. Where does John say he had wandered from in Chapter 6?
5. What does the narrator say is "never baffled" in Chapter 6?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the concept of fate in the book. What does fate represent to the characters of the book?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the separation of John and May in Chapter 4. What significance does this separation hold?
Essay Topic 3
Examine John's role as the watcher in the book. What downfalls came from this role? What purpose does the author have for presenting John in such a role?
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)