|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Finish this sentence: "It isn't a question for you of conceiving, imagining, ______."
2. What does May tell John he takes for granted in Chapter 5?
3. What does John decide to do after May's funeral?
4. What does John say May talked with the softness of in Chapter 5?
5. What does the narrator say John had known the world to be at the beginning of Chapter 6?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the use of play imagery in the book. What purpose might the author have for presenting the story in such a way?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the role of egotism in the book. What repercussions came from egotistic behavior? What might the author be saying about those possessing an egotistic outlook?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the nature of John and May's dialogue in the book. What does their conversations with one another say about the nature of their relationship?
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)