|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does John say he is afraid he has spent his whole life thinking of in Chapter 4?
2. Which of the following items are not mentioned by John as not being as sharp as his time with May in Chapter 6?
3. What does John say his illumination of his love for May blazed to in Chapter 6?
4. Which of the following people are not mentioned by John as being in May's chamber as she lay dying in Chapter 5?
5. Where does John say his time with May moved him more than his impressions of?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the concept of fearing the unknown in the book.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the nature of the scenery in the book. What tone might the author have been hoping to set with the scenery in the book?
Essay Topic 3
Examine John's role as the watcher in the book. What downfalls came from this role? What purpose does the author have for presenting John in such a role?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)