|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What occurrs to John at the beginning of Chapter 5, which never happened to him before?
2. Complete the sentence: "What do you regard as the very worst that at this time of day can ______ to me."
3. Complete this sentence: "You mean that it has come as a positive definite ______, with a name and a date."
4. During what month does John visit May at the beginning of Chapter 4?
5. What age is the man that John sees in the cemetery mourning in Chapter 6?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the separation of John and May in Chapter 4. What significance does this separation hold?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the nature of the scenery in the book. What tone might the author have been hoping to set with the scenery in the book?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the nature of the character May Bartram in the book. What role might the author be hoping for her to play in the book's overall theme?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)