|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comes into the room where May and John are having their conversation near the end of Chapter 4?
2. Where does it say John traveled to during his travels in Chapter 6?
3. Where does John sit after leaving May's house at the beginning of Chapter 5?
4. What does May do during her visit with John to make her statement more "vivid" in Chapter 4?
5. What does the narrator say May sat without for the first time that year at the beginning of Chapter 4?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the concept of the self-fulfilling prophecy in the book. Which character represents this the most?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the author's use of realism in the book. Was this a successful method?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the concept of love represented in the book. What does love seem to represent to the characters in the book?
This section contains 179 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)