|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What occurrs to John at the beginning of Chapter 5, which never happened to him before?
(a) He didn't go to May's house.
(b) He went to the park.
(c) May came to his house.
(d) He wasn't able to visit May.
2. Complete this sentence: "I would _____ for you still--if I could."
3. Complete this sentence: "We've had together great __________, often great fears; but some of them have been unspoken."
4. What are the items of furniture in the room where May and John visit in Chapter 4?
(a) A chair and sofa.
(b) Two blue Dresden and a chair.
(c) A French clock and two rosy Dresden.
(d) A table and clock.
5. What does John refer to as an "open page?"
(a) His house.
(b) The park.
(c) May's tomb.
(d) May's house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does John sit after leaving May's house at the beginning of Chapter 5?
2. What does the narrator say is "never baffled" in Chapter 6?
3. What age is the man that John sees in the cemetery mourning in Chapter 6?
4. Complete this sentence: "You mean that it has come as a positive definite ______, with a name and a date."
5. Complete this sentence: "Ah you not being aware of it is the _________ in the strangeness."
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)