|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does John say has never touched him in Chapter 6?
2. Complete this sentence: "We've had together great __________, often great fears; but some of them have been unspoken."
3. Finish this sentence: "It seems to me I liked it better present, as you say, than I can like it absent with your _________."
4. Why does John say he wouldn't make it known that May had been watching him in Chapter 5?
(a) Because he was ashamed.
(b) Because he was scared.
(c) Because she would want it that way.
(d) Because it would have brought attention to the Beast.
5. What does May do when John places his hand on the arm of her chair in Chapter 5?
(a) Pushes it away.
(b) Puts her hand on his.
(c) Holds it.
(d) Kisses it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does John say had only been smothered, but still throbbed and could bleed?
2. How long does John stay away during his travels?
3. Complete this sentence: "Did we ever dream, with all our dreams, that we should sit and _______ of thus."
4. What does John decide to visit just before leaving in Chapter 5?
5. What does John say his existence had grown strangely more of in Chapter 5?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)