|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does John ask to himself in regards to May's "appearance of variation from the usual human type?"
(a) "Is this right?"
(b) "What is it that saves you?"
(c) "Do you love me?"
(d) "What is the matter?"
2. What does May claim is the only thing that concerns her after she and John begin discussing his secret in Chapter 3?
(a) For John to pass as normal.
(b) For her to be happy.
(c) For them to be friends.
(d) For John to be happy.
3. What event does John say made his and May's meetings more multiplied at the beginning of Chapter 2?
(a) Her great-aunt's death.
(b) His losing his job.
(c) Her moving to his house.
(d) Her moving to the country.
4. Complete this sentence: "Not indeed that I in the least connect with my impression the _______ name you use".
5. Finish this sentence: "Yes, but since, as you say, I'm only, so far as people make out, _______."
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator say John kept up and felt very decently about in Chapter 3?
2. What does May refer to John's secret as to him in Chapter 2?
3. What does John say an outlook geared towards talking about his secret with May would cause him to have?
4. What does John describe as the frugal way he finishes his evenings with May?
5. Finish this sentence: "What saves us, you know, is that we answer so completely to so usual an appearance: that of the man and woman whose friendship has become such a daily _____."
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)