|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old does the narrator say he was when he met May for the first time?
2. What words does the narrator use to describe the items being shown to the visitors of the house?
(a) Bright and colorful.
(b) Cheap and tawdry.
(c) Fine and intrinsic.
(d) Drab and bleek.
3. What does May ask John is in question for her after they begin discussing his secret near the beginning of Chapter 3?
(a) Her sanity.
(b) Her intimacy.
(c) Her happiness.
(d) Her sadness.
4. What is the last name of the family May says she was staying with when she met the narrator?
5. What "excavation" does May say she and the narrator took "refuge" in when they first met?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does May tell John they actually met?
2. Which of the following does John not mention regarding "the thing that waited" and it's jurisdiction to him in Chapter 3?
3. What does John say was the reason he was at the house in Chapter 1?
4. Complete this sentence: "Only, you know, the form and the way in your case were to have been--well, something so _____ and, as one may say, so particularly your own."
5. What was over the chimney in the room where John and May begin their conversation in Chapter 1?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)