|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After May reveals her illness to John, he says he felt the shadow of a change and the chill of a what?
2. What does John say the rest of the world thought of him as, but that May understands?
3. Finish this sentence: "You mean you feel how my obsession--poor old thing--may correspond to some possible ______."
4. What does May say to John regarding his secret at the very end of Chapter 2?
(a) "It's going to be soon."
(b) "You'll never find out."
(c) "What do you think of this?"
(d) "It will be fine."
5. In what way does John refer to May's waiting on telling him the nature of his secret as in Chapter 3?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is May's last name?
2. Finish this sentence: "You know you told me something I've never forgotten and that again and again has made me think of you since; it was that tremendously hot day when we went to Sorrento, across the bay, for the ________".
3. Finish this sentence: "Yes, but since, as you say, I'm only, so far as people make out, _______."
4. Complete this sentence: "Our habit saves you, at least, don't you see because it makes you, after all, for the ______, indistinguishable from other men."
5. What does John say "lay in wait for him, amid the twists and the turns of the months and the years" in Chapter 2?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)