|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What words does the narrator use to describe the items being shown to the visitors of the house?
(a) Bright and colorful.
(b) Cheap and tawdry.
(c) Fine and intrinsic.
(d) Drab and bleek.
2. What does John say May's whole attitude was in Chapter 2?
(a) A blessing.
(b) A mirage.
(c) A curse.
(d) A virtual statement.
3. Complete this sentence: "Not indeed that I in the least connect with my impression the _______ name you use".
4. What question does May ask the narrator three times at the end of Chapter 1?
(a) "Are you ready?"
(b) "Are you afraid?"
(c) "Is it soon?"
(d) "Has it passed?"
5. Finish this sentence: "You mean you feel how my obsession--poor old thing--may correspond to some possible ______."
Short Answer Questions
1. What does John say is the one desire he has left at the end of Chapter 4?
2. What does John tell May he often wonders if it's fair in Chapter 2?
3. What is May always sitting next to when John comes to see her?
4. Finish this sentence: "You know you told me something I've never forgotten and that again and again has made me think of you since; it was that tremendously hot day when we went to Sorrento, across the bay, for the ________".
5. What does the narrator say John kept up and felt very decently about in Chapter 3?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)