|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What occasional warning is John visited by at the beginning of Chapter 3?
2. What is the name of the house John is visiting in Chapter 1?
(b) Le Manse.
3. What does the narrator say cast "the long shadow in which he had lived" and had "almost no margin left?"
(a) The great vagueness.
(b) The love in May's heart.
(c) His love.
(d) His hope.
4. What does John tell May he often wonders if it's fair in Chapter 2?
(a) For he and May to become married.
(b) For May to be so involved in his secret.
(c) For he and May to be friends.
(d) For May to be granted her inheritance.
5. What is described as "a sale highly advertised, that excites or quenches, as may be?"
(a) The hope of fortune.
(b) A job.
(c) The dream of acquisition.
(d) A family.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does May tell John they actually met?
2. What is May always sitting next to when John comes to see her?
3. What does John say he felt that he had never felt before in Chapter 3?
4. What does John describe as the frugal way he finishes his evenings with May?
5. In what way does John refer to May's waiting on telling him the nature of his secret as in Chapter 3?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)