|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does John say "lay in wait for him, amid the twists and the turns of the months and the years" in Chapter 2?
(a) A crouching beast in the jungle.
(b) A dog in the woods.
(c) A shark in the ocean.
(d) A fox in the forest.
2. What "invoked, invited, encouraged, could give them, naturally, no more than it had?"
(a) The present.
(b) The truth.
(c) The future.
(d) The past.
3. What does John ask May if she remembered asking him when they had met at Weatherend for the first time?
(a) If he was afraid.
(b) About their time in Italy.
(c) If he remembered their first meeting.
(d) If he loved her.
4. What does John say he might have tasted with every sauce?
(a) His hate.
(b) May's friendship.
(c) May's love.
(d) The intimate community.
5. What does May tell the narrator she will do with him at the end of Chapter 1?
(a) Watch with him.
(b) Wait for him.
(c) Marry him.
(d) Help him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does John say May's whole attitude was in Chapter 2?
2. What circumstance does John say was "in the lap of the gods" and "touched him so nearly?"
3. What does John say caused the gap to fill up and supplied the missing link?
4. What does John say he has never been for a moment in his life in Chapter 2?
5. What does the narrator say the guests who "took such matters with the last seriousness" give themselves up to in Chapter 1?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)