|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does May say was the "incident" that caused her to "seek refuge" when she had met the narrator for the first time?
(a) A thunderstorm.
(b) A sandstorm.
(c) A tornado.
(d) A monsoon.
2. Why does John say May cannot simply be a mere confidant in Chapter 2?
(a) Because he doesn't trust her.
(b) Because she doesn't trust him.
(c) Because she is a woman.
(d) Because of her interest in his predicament.
3. How many years does May say it has been since her first meeting with the narrator?
4. What is the last name of the family May says she was staying with when she met the narrator?
5. What does May refer to John's secret as to him in Chapter 2?
(a) The dirty laundry.
(b) The secret death.
(c) The real truth about you.
(d) The past.
Short Answer Questions
1. Complete this sentence: "Only, you know, the form and the way in your case were to have been--well, something so _____ and, as one may say, so particularly your own."
2. What does John say "lay in wait for him, amid the twists and the turns of the months and the years" in Chapter 2?
3. What question does May ask the narrator three times at the end of Chapter 1?
4. What was over the chimney in the room where John and May begin their conversation in Chapter 1?
5. What does the book say May had secretly drawn around her near the end of Chapter 2?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)