|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does John say May's whole attitude was in Chapter 2?
(a) A mirage.
(b) A blessing.
(c) A virtual statement.
(d) A curse.
2. What does the narrator say the guests who "took such matters with the last seriousness" give themselves up to in Chapter 1?
(a) Aptitude and chivalry.
(b) Grammar and good manners.
(c) Mysterious appreciations and measurements.
(d) Baubles and jewels.
3. What is the name of the house John is visiting in Chapter 1?
(c) Le Manse.
4. What is described as "a sale highly advertised, that excites or quenches, as may be?"
(a) The dream of acquisition.
(b) The hope of fortune.
(c) A family.
(d) A job.
5. How old does the narrator say he was when he met May for the first time?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what city do May and John meet up in for their visits in Chapter 2?
2. What "excavation" does May say she and the narrator took "refuge" in when they first met?
3. What does John say "opened his mouth betimes" and "would count a compensation and profit?"
4. Where does May tell John they actually met?
5. What does May say to John regarding his secret at the very end of Chapter 2?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)