|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does John say May's whole attitude was in Chapter 2?
(a) A virtual statement.
(b) A mirage.
(c) A blessing.
(d) A curse.
2. Finish this sentence: "There have been days when I though you were, only of course, there have been days when we have thought almost _______."
3. Complete this sentence: "Our habit saves you, at least, don't you see because it makes you, after all, for the ______, indistinguishable from other men."
4. Complete this sentence: "Not indeed that I in the least connect with my impression the _______ name you use".
5. What "invoked, invited, encouraged, could give them, naturally, no more than it had?"
(a) The present.
(b) The future.
(c) The past.
(d) The truth.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does John claim he first met May in Chapter 1?
2. What does John say "lay in wait for him, amid the twists and the turns of the months and the years" in Chapter 2?
3. Which of the following attributes does John say about May regarding her interest in his secret in Chapter 2?
4. Where does May tell John they actually met?
5. What does John suggest had lost itself in the desert?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)