|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is May's chair described in Chapter 3?
(a) Dark brown.
(b) Leather and tarnished.
(c) Deep and old fashioned.
(d) Old and dusty.
2. What does May say was the "incident" that caused her to "seek refuge" when she had met the narrator for the first time?
(a) A sandstorm.
(b) A tornado.
(c) A thunderstorm.
(d) A monsoon.
3. What does John claim he was afraid of during his conversation with May in Chapter 4?
4. On what does John say he doesn't 't think a lady is meant to accompany him in Chapter 2?
(a) A soul search.
(b) A witch hunt.
(c) Important matters.
(d) A tiger hunt.
5. Complete the sentence: "What do you regard as the very worst that at this time of day can ______ to me."
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the last name of the family May says she was staying with when she met the narrator?
2. What do May and John do together in Chapter 3 that reminds him of the question she wouldn't answer for him regarding his secret?
3. What occasional warning is John visited by at the beginning of Chapter 3?
4. What does May tell John she has a disorder of in Chapter 3?
5. What kind of failure does the narrator say a "drop of dignity under the shadow" would become in Chapter 3?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)