|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does John attribute as the reason for May being named the successor of her aunt's estate?
(a) Her warm heart.
(b) Her resilience.
(c) Her gumption.
(d) Her high tone and high temper.
2. Which of the following items is not mentioned by the narrator as things the visitors of the house looked at near the beginning of Chapter 1?
(c) Treasures of all arts.
3. What is John's last name?
4. Finish this sentence: "It isn't a question for you of conceiving, imagining, ______."
5. What does John claim he was afraid of during his conversation with May in Chapter 4?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does John say he might have tasted with every sauce?
2. What was over the chimney in the room where John and May begin their conversation in Chapter 1?
3. What does John say is the one desire he has left at the end of Chapter 4?
4. What does John ask to himself in regards to May's "appearance of variation from the usual human type?"
5. How is May's chair described in Chapter 3?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)