|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who comes to sit next to Maya in the cafeteria in Chapter 36?
2. What does Benji do before the game in Chapter 32?
(a) He calls the bass player to say hello.
(b) He steals the mascot of the rival team.
(c) He gets drunk in the locker room.
(d) He beats up some of the rival players.
3. What does Amat buy for Maya in Chapter 49?
(a) A guitar.
(b) A piano.
(c) A hockey helmet.
(d) A ring.
4. Where is the police station that Maya and her parents go to in order to report the rape in Chapter 30?
5. What does Sune have to drink at the Bearskin in Chapter 41?
(a) Coffee with whiskey.
(b) Red wine.
(c) Beer and whiskey.
(d) Gin and tonic.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money does Mr. Erdahl throw on the bar before storming out in Chapter 42?
2. Sune is described in Chapter 26 as being as obsolete as what?
3. In Chapter 25, the narrator describes "an old newspaper article about research showing that the part of the brain that registers physical pain is the same part that registers" what (200)?
4. Where does Benji take the bass player in Chapter 45?
5. What papers on Peter's desk await Sune's signature in Chapter 27?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Hog's conversation with Bobo described in Chapter 46?
2. What does Maya reveal to her parents in Chapter 29? How do they respond?
3. How is Maya's experience at the police station described in Chapter 30?
4. What is Benji's relationship to the bass player?
5. What did Maya and Ana want to be when they grew up as little girls? How did their goals change?
6. What future plans does Jeanette develop with Adri in Chapter 47?
7. What does Kevin's father offer to Amat in Chapter 39? Why?
8. What do Benji and Kevin's mother discuss in Chapter 44? What does this discussion lead Kevin's mother to realize?
9. Who attempts to defend Amat when the team players attack him in Chapter 45? Why?
10. How does Ramona respond when Kevin's father comes to speak with her at her bar in Chapter 42?
This section contains 774 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)