|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are Maya and Leo sleeping in the hallway in Chapter 41?
(a) Because their uncle is visiting.
(b) To avoid the windows.
(c) To hide from their parents.
(d) To be close to the heater.
2. The narrator opens Chapter 38 by saying, "There are damn few things in life that are harder than admitting to yourself that you're" what (293)?
(a) "A hypocrite."
(b) "A bad person."
(c) "A devil."
(d) "An antagonist."
3. In Chapter 25, the narrator describes "an old newspaper article about research showing that the part of the brain that registers physical pain is the same part that registers" what (200)?
4. What does Jeanette ask Adri in Chapter 47?
(a) If she thinks she will get married.
(b) If she can rent one of her outbuildings.
(c) If her father has disinherited her.
(d) Is she can help her move to Canada.
5. Who drives Filip and his mother to Hed for practice in Chapter 48?
(d) Maggan Lyt.
6. With whom does Zacharias get into a quarrel in Chapter 30?
(b) William Lyt.
7. What does Maya say in her text message to Amat in Chapter 44?
(b) "Don't help."
(c) "I miss you."
(d) "Stop calling."
8. How much money does Mr. Erdahl throw on the bar before storming out in Chapter 42?
(a) 5,000 kroners.
(b) 500 kroners.
(c) 100 kroners.
(d) 1,000 kronors.
9. What does David's girlfriend tell him in Chapter 30?
(a) She is pregnant.
(b) She is leaving him.
(c) She is moving.
(d) She wants to see other people.
10. Why is the preliminary investigation closed on the case against Kevin in Chapter 46?
(a) Kevin presents a foolproof alibi.
(b) Tampering with evidence.
(c) Insufficient evidence.
(d) Maya has retracted her statement.
11. What does Maya do with her brother when she returns home in Chapter 35?
(a) She plays video games with him.
(b) She goes on a walk with him.
(c) She reads the newspaper with him.
(d) She watches a movie with him.
12. What does Maya smash in the bathroom in Chapter 38?
(a) A mirror.
(b) A sink.
(c) A toilet.
(d) A paper towel dispenser.
13. What papers on Peter's desk await Sune's signature in Chapter 27?
(a) Resignation papers.
(b) Promotion papers.
(c) Legal action documents.
(d) Adoption papers.
14. Sune is described in Chapter 26 as being as obsolete as what?
(a) A typewriter.
(b) A fax machine.
(c) A reel-to-reel.
(d) A cassette player.
15. What does Kira do when she has driven into the forest after dropping Maya off at school in Chapter 35?
(a) She screams.
(b) She calls her husband.
(c) She calls Maya.
(d) She gets out and runs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is described scattered across the ground in the end of Chapter 29?
2. Who does Kevin say has borrowed his dad's car in Chapter 27?
3. What kind of car does Kira drive?
4. How does the behavior of the townspeople change toward Fatima in Chapter 25?
5. What is Kevin's team number?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)