|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Meredith want to encourage with this walk?
2. How many girls were killed in the Sixteenth Street Baptist Church bombing?
3. The Chicago Project Breadbasket would be run by whom?
4. King demanded that Birmingham hire how many black police officers?
5. Bevel convinced King that the focus in Chicago should shift from segregation to what?
Essay Topic 1
Describe the tensions that existed in the Civil Rights Movement. This may include tensions between organizations and between people. Why do you think these tensions existed? How were they handled? Would you have done anything differently?
Essay Topic 2
What personal challenges did King face during the movement? How was the FBI involved in this? Do you think King's personal struggles influenced his leadership? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
How did local cities and towns handle the demonstrations and boycotts by the Civil Rights Movement? What actions did they take? Do you think cities should have reacted the way that they did? Why or why not?
This section contains 747 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)