|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. King learned of whose death as he left for a fundraising trip?
2. What was King's biggest concern about the murder?
3. King abandoned a writing campaign about peace in which country?
4. King was approached by activists in which Florida city to help them garner support in the SCLC for demonstrations?
5. Who approved several wiretaps on King's personal phone lines?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Hoover tell reporters? How did King react? What effect did the rumors have?
2. What did King and the SCLC do in Chicago that caused an uproar in the press? Why did they do this?
3. What happened to the Meredith March after Meredith was shot?
4. What organizational and political struggles did King face after Kennedy's death?
5. What did the federal Office of Education do in Chicago? How did this affect the movement?
6. Which city was chosen as the next venue for SCLC demonstrations? Why was it chosen as a site for demonstrations?
7. Why did King agree to suspend all demonstrations in St. Augustine? What did he learn after doing this?
8. What did King's wife receive? How did King feel about this?
9. Where did riots break out? What did King say caused the riots?
10. Activists in which city approached King about helping them with their boycotts and demonstrations? What was the situation in this city?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What was SNCC? How did this organization differ from some of the other civil rights organizations involved in the movement? What was the role of SNCC in the movement? What activities did the organization use?
Essay Topic 2
What was the Civil Rights Movement? What goals did the movement have? Was the movement successful in reaching these goals? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
What was the March on Washington? What were the aims of this demonstration? What famous aspect of the Civil Rights Movement occurred during this demonstration? Was the march a success? Why or why not?
This section contains 948 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)