|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Violence broke out in what city as activists tried to desegregate local schools?
2. King was approached by activists in which Florida city to help them garner support in the SCLC for demonstrations?
3. King blamed the riots on what cause?
4. The CCCO was based in which city?
5. Where did King and the potential voters refuse to vacate the sidewalk?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did King and the SCLC do in Chicago that caused an uproar in the press? Why did they do this?
2. How did King feel about the war in Vietnam? How did he become involved in the debate over the war? What reaction did people have to this?
3. What did King's wife receive? How did King feel about this?
4. What did the SCLC turn their attention to in Chicago? What programs did it implement?
5. Activists in which city approached King about helping them with their boycotts and demonstrations? What was the situation in this city?
6. Why did King agree to suspend all demonstrations in St. Augustine? What did he learn after doing this?
7. What obstacles did King and the others face during the Meredith March? How did they handle these obstacles?
8. How did SNCC feel about the Chicago agreement? What did they do to show their displeasure? How was SNCC changing?
9. What did Hoover tell reporters? How did King react? What effect did the rumors have?
10. Where did riots break out? What did King say caused the riots?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What was Bloody Sunday? What happened during this demonstration? How did King become involved in the situation? What did King and the others plan and how did this turn out?
Essay Topic 2
Why were the FBI investigating King? How did the FBI investigate King? How did King feel about this? What effect did the investigation have on King and the movement?
Essay Topic 3
What was the March on Washington? What were the aims of this demonstration? What famous aspect of the Civil Rights Movement occurred during this demonstration? Was the march a success? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,033 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)