|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In which city did the marchers first encounter hostility?
2. King learned that the Johnson Administration was taking money from social programs for what?
3. At the SCLC convention, King suggested which city as the next one for protests?
4. Bevel convinced King that the focus in Chicago should shift from segregation to what?
5. Which city did King want to focus attention on in the North?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to the Meredith March after Meredith was shot?
2. What organizational and political struggles did King face after Kennedy's death?
3. What did King's wife receive? How did King feel about this?
4. What did Hoover tell reporters? How did King react? What effect did the rumors have?
5. Why was King arrested in St. Augustine? What was the result of the grand jury?
6. How did SNCC feel about the Chicago agreement? What did they do to show their displeasure? How was SNCC changing?
7. Activists in which city approached King about helping them with their boycotts and demonstrations? What was the situation in this city?
8. Why did King agree to suspend all demonstrations in St. Augustine? What did he learn after doing this?
9. What did King demand of the city of Birmingham? What happened?
10. What obstacles did King and the others face during the Meredith March? How did they handle these obstacles?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What was the SCLC? How did this organization begin? What role did King play in this movement? How did the movement influence the Civil Rights Movement?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the relationship between King and Abernathy. Compare and contrast the men and their ideas about the Civil Rights Movement. Did any tensions exist between the men? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
What was The Meredith March? Who started this march? What happened during the march? What happened after the march resumed? What obstacles did the marchers face?
This section contains 958 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)