|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. CCCO staged a march that ended in how many arrests?
2. Why did the Chicago Freedom Movement begin to lose momentum?
3. A picture appeared in national newspapers showing what, which spread word of the violence in Selma?
4. What did the highway patrol want the marchers do to?
5. Who used the term "black power" for the first time in a public form?
Essay Topic 1
What personal challenges did King face during the movement? How was the FBI involved in this? Do you think King's personal struggles influenced his leadership? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
How did the Vietnam War influence the Civil Rights Movement? How did King feel about the war? Why did he believe that the war contributed to the riots in the US in the 1960s?
Essay Topic 3
What was the Montgomery Bus Boycott? How did the boycott start? How did city officials react? Was the boycott successful?
This section contains 791 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)