|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did King go after the Meredith March?
2. Who was famous for being the first black man to enroll at the University of Mississippi?
3. What happened to Meredith along his walk?
4. Why was there an uproar in the Chicago press about King?
5. King's vacation to Puerto Rico was interrupted by news of what event?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did King and the SCLC do in Chicago that caused an uproar in the press? Why did they do this?
2. What did King demand of the city of Birmingham? What happened?
3. How did SNCC feel about the Chicago agreement? What did they do to show their displeasure? How was SNCC changing?
4. What did King and the others do to increase the pressure on officials in Selma? Were these actions a success?
5. Where did riots break out? What did King say caused the riots?
6. Why did King agree to suspend all demonstrations in St. Augustine? What did he learn after doing this?
7. What did the federal Office of Education do in Chicago? How did this affect the movement?
8. What occurred during the Chicago marches? What did city officials do?
9. What was Bloody Sunday? Describe this event.
10. What happened to the Meredith March after Meredith was shot?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What was the Montgomery Bus Boycott? How did this protest begin? What influence did the boycott have on the Civil Rights Movement? Was the boycott successful? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
What was the second March on Washington called? How was King's focus shifting by the time of this demonstration? Why do you think this shift was occurring?
Essay Topic 3
What was the Civil Rights Movement? What goals did the movement have? Was the movement successful in reaching these goals? Why or why not?
This section contains 957 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)