|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. A judge ordered that registrars had to begin accepting how many applications per day?
2. King's advisers were concerned when King decided to do what?
3. The CCCO was based in which city?
4. In St. Augustine, rumors arose that the sheriff was a part of what group?
5. Why was King concerned about the direction of SNCC?
Short Essay Questions
1. Which city was chosen as the next venue for SCLC demonstrations? Why was it chosen as a site for demonstrations?
2. What happened to the Meredith March after Meredith was shot?
3. What was King's new book about? What interruptions did he face in writing it? How was the book received?
4. What did the SCLC turn their attention to in Chicago? What programs did it implement?
5. How did SNCC feel about the Chicago agreement? What did they do to show their displeasure? How was SNCC changing?
6. What was the Coordinating Committee of Community Organizations? Where was this group located?
7. Who was James Meredith? What did he decide to do? What happened to him?
8. Where did riots break out? What did King say caused the riots?
9. Who first used the term "black power?" How did King feel about the term?
10. What did King's wife receive? How did King feel about this?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What was Bloody Sunday? What happened during this demonstration? How did King become involved in the situation? What did King and the others plan and how did this turn out?
Essay Topic 2
What was the SCLC? How did this organization begin? What role did King play in this movement? How did the movement influence the Civil Rights Movement?
Essay Topic 3
What obstacles and challenges did King and the movement face in achieving their goals? How did they handle these challenges? Would you have done anything differently? Give specific examples from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 897 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)