|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the marchers return to in order to have a meeting to outline the march?
2. King felt that "black power" had what implication?
3. King's vacation to Puerto Rico was interrupted by news of what event?
4. Riots broke out in which cities?
5. King taped the list of demands to a door where?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did King and the others do to increase the pressure on officials in Selma? Were these actions a success?
2. What did King's wife receive? How did King feel about this?
3. What health struggles did King encounter? What contributed to this? What award did he learn that he had won?
4. What was King's new book about? What interruptions did he face in writing it? How was the book received?
5. Why did the SCLC and King become interested in Chicago?
6. Who first used the term "black power?" How did King feel about the term?
7. Activists in which city approached King about helping them with their boycotts and demonstrations? What was the situation in this city?
8. Why did King agree to suspend all demonstrations in St. Augustine? What did he learn after doing this?
9. What did King demand of the city of Birmingham? What happened?
10. What was Bloody Sunday? Describe this event.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What was the March on Washington? What were the aims of this demonstration? What famous aspect of the Civil Rights Movement occurred during this demonstration? Was the march a success? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
What was the Civil Rights Movement? What goals did the movement have? Was the movement successful in reaching these goals? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Why were the FBI investigating King? How did the FBI investigate King? How did King feel about this? What effect did the investigation have on King and the movement?
This section contains 930 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)