|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did King go to work on his book?
2. King was approached by activists in which Florida city to help them garner support in the SCLC for demonstrations?
3. Who interrupted King's work on his book?
4. King blamed the riots on what cause?
5. Riots broke out in which cities?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did King and the others do to increase the pressure on officials in Selma? Were these actions a success?
2. What occurred during the Chicago marches? What did city officials do?
3. What health struggles did King encounter? What contributed to this? What award did he learn that he had won?
4. Who was James Meredith? What did he decide to do? What happened to him?
5. Why did the SCLC and King become interested in Chicago?
6. Where did riots break out? What did King say caused the riots?
7. How did King feel about the war in Vietnam? How did he become involved in the debate over the war? What reaction did people have to this?
8. What was King's new book about? What interruptions did he face in writing it? How was the book received?
9. What did King's wife receive? How did King feel about this?
10. What organizational and political struggles did King face after Kennedy's death?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What was the Freedom Ride? How did this demonstration begin? What happened during the demonstration? Why do you think these events happened? Was the demonstration a success? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
What personal challenges did King face during the movement? How was the FBI involved in this? Do you think King's personal struggles influenced his leadership? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
What was SNCC? How did this organization differ from some of the other civil rights organizations involved in the movement? What was the role of SNCC in the movement? What activities did the organization use?
This section contains 930 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)