|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. King was accused of what by the state of Alabama?
(a) Stealing from the SCLC.
(b) Unlawful mob action.
(c) A hit and run accident.
(d) Perjury for lying on a state tax return.
2. Martin Luther King, Jr. was the pastor of what church?
(a) Grace Lutheran Church.
(b) St. Mary Magdalene Episcopal Church.
(c) Dexter Avenue Baptist Church.
(d) North Atlanta Congregational Church.
3. Which university had the front doors blocked to keep several black students from registering?
(a) University of California.
(b) Emory University.
(c) University of Alabama.
(d) Marquette University.
4. What was the turnout like at the March to Washington?
(a) It met expectations.
(b) It exceeded expectations.
(c) It was less than expectations.
(d) It was much less than expectations.
5. What was left on King's front porch in January, 1957?
(a) A dead rabbit.
(b) Hate mail.
(c) A lawsuit over the boycott.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did King visit with in New York about the Washington Pilgrimage?
2. Who paid King and Abernathy's fine?
3. Who took King's place as the president of MIA?
4. What happened on the night that the settlement with the city was reached?
5. Who came to the attention of the FBI at the Youth March for Integrated Schools?
Short Essay Questions
1. In August, King was arrested. Why was he arrested? What effects did the arrest have?
2. Why was King sentenced to four months in jail?
3. How did the city of Montgomery react to the bus boycott?
4. What was King accused of when he returned to Atlanta from North Carolina? How did he and his supporters react?
5. What did Connor do to shop the marchers in Birmingham? How did the marchers respond?
6. Why did the protests in Birmingham not get off to the start that King wanted?
7. What was Martin Luther King, Jr.'s background like? What was his family like?
8. What happened during King's trial? How did King feel about this?
9. What happened to King in New York?
10. What changes did King make in his life?
This section contains 925 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)