|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Robert Kennedy got a federal injunction against which group to keep them from harassing the bus riders?
(a) The KKK.
(b) The Masons.
(c) The SCLC.
(d) The Nazi Party.
2. The white merchants resisted what aim?
(a) The formation of a biracial committee.
(b) Desegregating the city government.
(c) Desegregating the retail stores.
(d) Having fair hiring practices in the retail stores.
3. What was King's tour called?
(a) Chance for Change.
(c) Racism Ends.
(d) Suffrage for All.
4. What magazine did King's picture appear on in 1957?
(c) Sports Illustrated.
(d) Good Housekeeping.
5. Who did King marry?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to King at a book signing in New York?
2. Why was their a rivalry between SNCC and the NAACP?
3. King's father and grandfather were involved in what profession?
4. What presidency did King turn down due to church and family responsibilities?
5. How long was King sentenced to jail for violating his probation?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where did riots break out? What did King say caused the riots?
2. What changes did King make in his life?
3. What did King demand of the city of Birmingham? What happened?
4. Why was there a rivalry between SNCC and NAACP? Describe how this affected the actions of the groups.
5. What did the SCLC turn their attention to in Chicago? What programs did it implement?
6. What organizational and political struggles did King face after Kennedy's death?
7. What happened to King in New York?
8. What was the Crusade for Citizenship? Who was not happy about this?
9. What was Martin Luther King, Jr.'s background like? What was his family like?
10. What happened at Birmingham's Bethel Baptist Church? What did King do about this?
This section contains 912 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)