|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The four major Civil Rights organizations joined together to create what organization?
(a) Southern Racism Project.
(b) Voter Education Project.
(c) US Justice Project.
(d) Freedom Riders Project.
2. What was one of the demands that MIA made of the city?
(a) The buses should be filled front to back for blacks.
(b) Buses should be reserved for blacks only.
(c) White passengers should have to stand when blacks were present.
(d) The bus company should hire black drivers too.
3. Where did King hold a prayer-in?
(a) Police headquarters.
(b) The courthouse.
(c) A motel restaurant.
(d) The library.
4. Who took King's place as the president of MIA?
5. Why was the first meeting about the bus boycott somewhat disastrous?
(a) The police who showed up to arrest King.
(b) The bomb that was found.
(c) The ego of the leaders.
(d) The small number of people who attended.
Short Answer Questions
1. The white merchants resisted what aim?
2. Who did King speak with about the bombing, suggesting that a strong stand needed to be taken?
3. King wanted the Birmingham protests to start after what?
4. The Crusade for Citizenship was focused on what?
5. What was the turnout like at the March to Washington?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Kennedy refuse to meet with King? How did the Kennedy Administration feel about the planned march in Washington?
2. Who was Rosa Parks? What was her connection to the Montgomery Bus Boycott?
3. What did John and Robert Kennedy do for King? How did this come about?
4. What did the white merchants do in Birmingham after the protests began?
5. What was Wilkins concerned about when King met with him?
6. How did the city officials in Albany respond to the protests and boycotts?
7. What racial discrimination did King face at Crozer?
8. What was the Crusade for Citizenship? Who was not happy about this?
9. What happened in King and Abernathy's trial in Albany? Why did they not serve the full sentence?
10. Why was King sentenced to four months in jail?
This section contains 978 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)