|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who rebuked King's attempt to organize a day of mourning?
(a) Julian Bond.
(b) Ralph Abernathy.
(c) Medgar Evers.
(d) Roy Wilkins.
2. Which university had the front doors blocked to keep several black students from registering?
(a) Emory University.
(b) University of Alabama.
(c) Marquette University.
(d) University of California.
3. The first federal Civil Rights Act did what?
(a) Ended bus segregation only.
(b) Established a Civil Rights commission.
(c) Ended all segregation.
(d) Dismissed all protest charges.
4. The bus trip from Washington to New Orleans by an integrated group of students was known as what?
(a) Protest Ride.
(b) Green Ride.
(c) Freedom Ride.
(d) Anti-Raciam Ride.
5. In February 1959, King and his wife traveled to see sites made famous by whom?
(a) Genghis Khan.
(d) King Tut.
Short Answer Questions
1. The SCLC teamed up with what organization to train students to teach citizenship schools?
2. King was invited to be a guest on which program?
3. Who was discovered to have been sent to Montgomery by a New York organization?
4. Who was murdered in his driveway on the night that Kennedy mobilized the Alabama National Guard?
5. What presidency did King turn down due to church and family responsibilities?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did the protests in Birmingham not get off to the start that King wanted?
2. What was the first meeting like about the bus boycott? Why was it like this?
3. What was the March on Washington?
4. In August, King was arrested. Why was he arrested? What effects did the arrest have?
5. What was the Crusade for Citizenship? Who was not happy about this?
6. What did John and Robert Kennedy do for King? How did this come about?
7. What happened to King in New York?
8. Why did Kennedy refuse to meet with King? How did the Kennedy Administration feel about the planned march in Washington?
9. What racial discrimination did King face at Crozer?
10. How did the city of Montgomery react to the bus boycott?
This section contains 966 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)