|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What presidency did King turn down due to church and family responsibilities?
(a) The local Elks chapter.
(b) The local NAACP chapter.
(c) The local Masons chapter.
(d) The local ACLU chapter.
2. Who did King marry?
3. What happened on January 30, 1956?
(a) The King home was bombed.
(b) The boycott ended.
(c) The MIA filed a federal court case against segregation.
(d) King was killed.
4. The four major Civil Rights organizations joined together to create what organization?
(a) Southern Racism Project.
(b) US Justice Project.
(c) Freedom Riders Project.
(d) Voter Education Project.
5. Which country did King attend the independence ceremonies in?
(c) South Africa.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was one of the demands that MIA made of the city?
2. What did Connor use on the protesters?
3. Which organization was formed to oversee the boycott and legal maneuvering?
4. In what state was the governor fighting integration of a high school?
5. At the meeting with Kennedy, the President told King to distance himself from whom?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did King feel about the war in Vietnam? How did he become involved in the debate over the war? What reaction did people have to this?
2. Who was Rosa Parks? What was her connection to the Montgomery Bus Boycott?
3. What was Martin Luther King, Jr.'s background like? What was his family like?
4. What racial discrimination did King face at Crozer?
5. What did the federal Office of Education do in Chicago? How did this affect the movement?
6. Why did the SCLC and King become interested in Chicago?
7. What did King and the SCLC do in Chicago that caused an uproar in the press? Why did they do this?
8. What was Wilkins concerned about when King met with him?
9. What was the first meeting like about the bus boycott? Why was it like this?
10. What did the white merchants do in Birmingham after the protests began?
This section contains 890 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)