|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was their a rivalry between SNCC and the NAACP?
(a) Both groups wanted King to commit to their actions.
(b) They both staged a sit-in at the same time in different locations, making people choose between the two.
(c) SNCC wanted to control the actions in Albany.
(d) The NAACP wanted to control the actions in Albany.
2. At the meeting with Kennedy, the President told King to distance himself from whom?
3. Martin Luther King, Jr. was the pastor of what church?
(a) Dexter Avenue Baptist Church.
(b) North Atlanta Congregational Church.
(c) St. Mary Magdalene Episcopal Church.
(d) Grace Lutheran Church.
4. How long was King sentenced to jail for violating his probation?
(a) 9 months.
(b) 5 years.
(c) 8 days.
(d) 4 months.
5. The bus trip from Washington to New Orleans by an integrated group of students was known as what?
(a) Green Ride.
(b) Anti-Raciam Ride.
(c) Freedom Ride.
(d) Protest Ride.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the most important person in King's life as a child?
2. Why was the first meeting about the bus boycott somewhat disastrous?
3. What SCLC program was to reach out more readily to the public?
4. Where did a bomb explode in January?
5. Why did Rustin resign?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the Montgomery Improvement Association? What were its aims?
2. What was the first meeting like about the bus boycott? Why was it like this?
3. What was the Freedom Ride? What were the results?
4. What did John and Robert Kennedy do for King? How did this come about?
5. What changes did King make in his life?
6. Who was Stanley Levison? Why was the Kennedy campaign growing more concerned about King?
7. What did Connor do to shop the marchers in Birmingham? How did the marchers respond?
8. How many rallies did King announce for the voter registration? What was the outcome of these rallies?
9. In August, King was arrested. Why was he arrested? What effects did the arrest have?
10. What was Martin Luther King, Jr.'s background like? What was his family like?
This section contains 983 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)