|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Crusade for Citizenship was focused on what?
(a) Bus desegregation.
(b) Voter registration.
(c) School desegregation.
(d) A civil rights bill.
2. What did King want the Kennedy Administration to issue?
(a) An apology for Jim Crow.
(b) Reparations for slavery.
(c) A segregation bill.
(d) A Second Emancipation Proclamation.
3. Which organization was formed to oversee the boycott and legal maneuvering?
(a) Memphis Equality Association.
(b) Atlanta Race Initiative.
(c) Savannah Civil Rights Campaign.
(d) Montgomery Improvement Association.
4. What did the NAACP tell its members?
(a) It was turning to violent protests.
(b) King was trying to undermine the NAACP.
(c) It was disbanding in Albany.
(d) Not to participate in SNCC activities.
5. Who was discovered to have been sent to Montgomery by a New York organization?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did a bomb explode in January?
2. Who was hired to oversee the Crusade for Citizenship rallies, but then let go because of rumors of his homosexuality and communist connections?
3. Who took King's place as the president of MIA?
4. Who made a speech on the day before the march that upset the White House?
5. Who did King marry?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the first meeting like about the bus boycott? Why was it like this?
2. What happened during King's trial? How did King feel about this?
3. Why was King sentenced to four months in jail?
4. What was Martin Luther King, Jr.'s background like? What was his family like?
5. Why did Kennedy refuse to meet with King? How did the Kennedy Administration feel about the planned march in Washington?
6. What were the aims of the demonstrations in Birmingham?
7. How many rallies did King announce for the voter registration? What was the outcome of these rallies?
8. What was the Montgomery Improvement Association? What were its aims?
9. What changes did King make in his life?
10. What was Wilkins concerned about when King met with him?
This section contains 816 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)