|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was King's tour called?
(a) Chance for Change.
(b) Suffrage for All.
(d) Racism Ends.
2. Why did a riot break out?
(a) The bombs killed 35 people.
(b) The city went back on its agreement.
(c) Whites attacked several blacks on the way to church.
(d) The state troopers had moved from the site of the bombings.
3. What happened on January 30, 1956?
(a) The boycott ended.
(b) The MIA filed a federal court case against segregation.
(c) The King home was bombed.
(d) King was killed.
4. King's father and grandfather were involved in what profession?
5. The bus trip from Washington to New Orleans by an integrated group of students was known as what?
(a) Protest Ride.
(b) Green Ride.
(c) Anti-Raciam Ride.
(d) Freedom Ride.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did negotiations fail with the city officials?
2. Where did a bomb explode in January?
3. Who did King marry?
4. Who was chosen as the organizational president?
5. In what newspaper was an ad taken out to defend MLK, Jr.?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did activists see Albany as a good place to fight racial inequality?
2. What was the Freedom Ride? What were the results?
3. What was the March on Washington?
4. What happened to King in New York?
5. What was the Montgomery Improvement Association? What were its aims?
6. What happened in King and Abernathy's trial in Albany? Why did they not serve the full sentence?
7. What changes did King make in his life?
8. What was the first meeting like about the bus boycott? Why was it like this?
9. What was King accused of when he returned to Atlanta from North Carolina? How did he and his supporters react?
10. How did the city officials in Albany respond to the protests and boycotts?
This section contains 865 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)