|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did King hold a prayer-in?
(a) The courthouse.
(b) The library.
(c) A motel restaurant.
(d) Police headquarters.
2. What happened to King at a book signing in New York?
(a) The store was bombed..
(b) He was stabbed.
(c) He met the President.
(d) He received the Nobel Peace Prize.
3. Who made a speech on the day before the march that upset the White House?
(a) John Lewis.
(b) Robert Williams.
(c) Ralph Abernathy.
(d) Fred Shuttlesworth.
4. Why did a riot break out?
(a) The bombs killed 35 people.
(b) Whites attacked several blacks on the way to church.
(c) The city went back on its agreement.
(d) The state troopers had moved from the site of the bombings.
5. Several of the Albany leaders were charged with what?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was chosen as the organizational president?
2. Where did King and his family move to?
3. What was King's tour called?
4. Who did King marry?
5. King was invited to be a guest on which program?
Short Essay Questions
1. How many rallies did King announce for the voter registration? What was the outcome of these rallies?
2. Who was Stanley Levison? Why was the Kennedy campaign growing more concerned about King?
3. What was the March on Washington?
4. What was the Freedom Ride? What were the results?
5. What racial discrimination did King face at Crozer?
6. What changes did King make in his life?
7. What was King accused of when he returned to Atlanta from North Carolina? How did he and his supporters react?
8. Why did the protests in Birmingham not get off to the start that King wanted?
9. What happened during King's trial? How did King feel about this?
10. What happened at Birmingham's Bethel Baptist Church? What did King do about this?
This section contains 856 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)