|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Martin Luther King, Jr. was the pastor of what church?
(a) North Atlanta Congregational Church.
(b) Grace Lutheran Church.
(c) St. Mary Magdalene Episcopal Church.
(d) Dexter Avenue Baptist Church.
2. How long was King sentenced to jail for violating his probation?
(a) 4 months.
(b) 9 months.
(c) 8 days.
(d) 5 years.
3. Who paid King and Abernathy's fine?
(a) The mayor of Albany.
(b) A well-dressed black man.
(c) Robert Kennedy.
(d) A group of students.
4. King wanted the Birmingham protests to start after what?
(a) The opening of a new department store.
(b) The new year.
(c) The March on Washington.
(d) The elections.
5. Segregation on the city buses officially ended when?
(a) March 29.
(b) June 3.
(c) December 20.
(d) October 14.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did King hold a prayer-in?
2. When King was placed in isolation, who did Wyatt Walker ask for help?
3. What did King want the Kennedy Administration to issue?
4. What happened on January 30, 1956?
5. What was the turnout like at the March to Washington?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the city of Montgomery react to the bus boycott?
2. What did Connor do to shop the marchers in Birmingham? How did the marchers respond?
3. What was Martin Luther King, Jr.'s background like? What was his family like?
4. What happened in King and Abernathy's trial in Albany? Why did they not serve the full sentence?
5. What happened during King's trial? How did King feel about this?
6. What was the Crusade for Citizenship? Who was not happy about this?
7. What changes did King make in his life?
8. What racial discrimination did King face at Crozer?
9. What was King accused of when he returned to Atlanta from North Carolina? How did he and his supporters react?
10. How many rallies did King announce for the voter registration? What was the outcome of these rallies?
This section contains 876 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)