|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was left on King's front porch in January, 1957?
(b) Hate mail.
(c) A lawsuit over the boycott.
(d) A dead rabbit.
2. Which college did King attend?
(a) University of Georgia..
(b) Georgetown University.
(c) Morehouse College.
(d) Emory University.
3. Sherrod and Reagon moved their base of operations to which city?
4. Who did King marry?
5. Why was the first meeting about the bus boycott somewhat disastrous?
(a) The bomb that was found.
(b) The ego of the leaders.
(c) The small number of people who attended.
(d) The police who showed up to arrest King.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the most important person in King's life as a child?
2. King announced that a Second Emancipation Proclamation would be delivered where?
3. Who took King's place as the president of MIA?
4. What did Connor use on the protesters?
5. The SCLC teamed up with what organization to train students to teach citizenship schools?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was Rosa Parks? What was her connection to the Montgomery Bus Boycott?
2. How did SNCC feel about the Chicago agreement? What did they do to show their displeasure? How was SNCC changing?
3. Why did Kennedy refuse to meet with King? How did the Kennedy Administration feel about the planned march in Washington?
4. What was Wilkins concerned about when King met with him?
5. What was the Coordinating Committee of Community Organizations? Where was this group located?
6. What was the first meeting like about the bus boycott? Why was it like this?
7. Who was James Meredith? What did he decide to do? What happened to him?
8. What occurred during the Chicago marches? What did city officials do?
9. What was King's new book about? What interruptions did he face in writing it? How was the book received?
10. Why did activists see Albany as a good place to fight racial inequality?
This section contains 850 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)