|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many protesters were arrested during the first day of the Birmingham protests?
2. Who did King visit with in New York about the Washington Pilgrimage?
(a) Michael du Bois.
(b) Andrew Joyce.
(c) Wayne Brown.
(d) Roy Wilkins.
3. What was King's tour called?
(b) Racism Ends.
(c) Chance for Change.
(d) Suffrage for All.
4. Which college did King attend?
(a) Georgetown University.
(b) Morehouse College.
(c) University of Georgia..
(d) Emory University.
5. Which university had the front doors blocked to keep several black students from registering?
(a) University of Alabama.
(b) Emory University.
(c) Marquette University.
(d) University of California.
Short Answer Questions
1. The bus boycott took away what percentage of bus riders?
2. In what newspaper was an ad taken out to defend MLK, Jr.?
3. Why did the bus boycott not end when the bus company was losing so much money?
4. King's sentence was suspended on what condition?
5. At the meeting with Kennedy, the President told King to distance himself from whom?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was there a rivalry between SNCC and NAACP? Describe how this affected the actions of the groups.
2. In August, King was arrested. Why was he arrested? What effects did the arrest have?
3. What was the March on Washington?
4. What occurred in Greensboro, North Carolina, in 1960? How did King become involved?
5. How many rallies did King announce for the voter registration? What was the outcome of these rallies?
6. How did the city officials in Albany respond to the protests and boycotts?
7. What did John and Robert Kennedy do for King? How did this come about?
8. Why was King sentenced to four months in jail?
9. Why did activists see Albany as a good place to fight racial inequality?
10. Who was Stanley Levison? Why was the Kennedy campaign growing more concerned about King?
This section contains 902 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)