|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was murdered in his driveway on the night that Kennedy mobilized the Alabama National Guard?
(a) Medgar Evers.
(b) Martin Luther King, Jr.
(c) Roy Wilkins.
(d) Ralph Abernathy.
2. Which university had the front doors blocked to keep several black students from registering?
(a) University of California.
(b) Emory University.
(c) University of Alabama.
(d) Marquette University.
3. Who advised King to distance himself from Levison?
(a) Ralph Abernathy.
(b) Richard Nixon.
(c) Coretta Scott King.
(d) Robert Kennedy.
4. King announced that a Second Emancipation Proclamation would be delivered where?
(a) The White House.
(b) The United Nations.
(c) The Mayor of Atlanta.
(d) The US Congress.
5. Before the March, there were leaks from the FBI claiming that the March was being fueled by whom?
(a) The Communist Party.
(b) The Democratic Party.
(c) The Republican Party.
(d) The Green Party.
Short Answer Questions
1. In February 1959, King and his wife traveled to see sites made famous by whom?
2. What was the turnout like at the March to Washington?
3. How long was King sentenced to jail for violating his probation?
4. The white merchants resisted what aim?
5. Why was their a rivalry between SNCC and the NAACP?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the city of Montgomery react to the bus boycott?
2. Why did the protests in Birmingham not get off to the start that King wanted?
3. What happened in King and Abernathy's trial in Albany? Why did they not serve the full sentence?
4. Who was Stanley Levison? Why was the Kennedy campaign growing more concerned about King?
5. Why was there a rivalry between SNCC and NAACP? Describe how this affected the actions of the groups.
6. What occurred in Greensboro, North Carolina, in 1960? How did King become involved?
7. What happened at Birmingham's Bethel Baptist Church? What did King do about this?
8. Why did Kennedy refuse to meet with King? How did the Kennedy Administration feel about the planned march in Washington?
9. What did John and Robert Kennedy do for King? How did this come about?
10. How many rallies did King announce for the voter registration? What was the outcome of these rallies?
This section contains 1,047 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)