|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who called the judge on the trial and suggested that King had a right to bond while waiting his appeal?
(a) Richard Nixon.
(b) Coretta King.
(c) Malcolm X.
(d) Robert Kennedy.
2. Why did Rustin resign?
(a) Clayton threatened to say that Rustin and King were lovers.
(b) Rustin was caught at a communist meeting.
(c) He was recovering from stab wounds after a woman attacked him.
(d) He was angry with King about the direction of the SCLC.
3. King was arrested when he tried to attend the trial of whose assailant?
(c) His own.
4. Who rebuked King's attempt to organize a day of mourning?
(a) Julian Bond.
(b) Medgar Evers.
(c) Ralph Abernathy.
(d) Roy Wilkins.
5. Why did negotiations fail with the city officials?
(a) They refused to desegregate the city government.
(b) They refused to stop using fire hoses on protesters.
(c) They refused to set up a biracial committee.
(d) They refused to drop the charges against the protesters.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who came to the attention of the FBI at the Youth March for Integrated Schools?
2. Who was asked to vacate her seat on a city bus for a white passenger?
3. What did Connor use on the protesters?
4. What happened to King at a book signing in New York?
5. Who did King marry?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did activists see Albany as a good place to fight racial inequality?
2. Who was Rosa Parks? What was her connection to the Montgomery Bus Boycott?
3. What was Martin Luther King, Jr.'s background like? What was his family like?
4. What was the March on Washington?
5. What was the Montgomery Improvement Association? What were its aims?
6. What did Connor do to shop the marchers in Birmingham? How did the marchers respond?
7. What did the white merchants do in Birmingham after the protests began?
8. How did the city of Montgomery react to the bus boycott?
9. What was King accused of when he returned to Atlanta from North Carolina? How did he and his supporters react?
10. What happened during King's trial? How did King feel about this?
This section contains 873 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)