|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. King was stabbed while in which city?
(c) New York.
2. Why did a riot break out?
(a) The state troopers had moved from the site of the bombings.
(b) Whites attacked several blacks on the way to church.
(c) The city went back on its agreement.
(d) The bombs killed 35 people.
3. King's father and grandfather were involved in what profession?
4. King announced that a Second Emancipation Proclamation would be delivered where?
(a) The United Nations.
(b) The White House.
(c) The US Congress.
(d) The Mayor of Atlanta.
5. Who was chosen as the organizational president?
(a) Ralph D. Abernathy.
(b) Jo Ann Robinson.
(c) E.D. Nixon.
(d) Martin Luther King, Jr.
Short Answer Questions
1. Segregation on the city buses officially ended when?
2. What was one of the demands that MIA made of the city?
3. Where was King when a grand jury began handing out indictments against MIA leaders for breaking laws against unlawful boycotts?
4. Who was asked to vacate her seat on a city bus for a white passenger?
5. How many protesters were arrested during the first day of the Birmingham protests?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was King accused of when he returned to Atlanta from North Carolina? How did he and his supporters react?
2. Why did Kennedy refuse to meet with King? How did the Kennedy Administration feel about the planned march in Washington?
3. In August, King was arrested. Why was he arrested? What effects did the arrest have?
4. What was the March on Washington?
5. Why did the protests in Birmingham not get off to the start that King wanted?
6. How many rallies did King announce for the voter registration? What was the outcome of these rallies?
7. What was Martin Luther King, Jr.'s background like? What was his family like?
8. What were the aims of the demonstrations in Birmingham?
9. What was the Montgomery Improvement Association? What were its aims?
10. What was the first meeting like about the bus boycott? Why was it like this?
This section contains 896 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)