|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Rustin resign?
(a) Rustin was caught at a communist meeting.
(b) He was angry with King about the direction of the SCLC.
(c) He was recovering from stab wounds after a woman attacked him.
(d) Clayton threatened to say that Rustin and King were lovers.
2. King wanted the Birmingham protests to start after what?
(a) The new year.
(b) The elections.
(c) The March on Washington.
(d) The opening of a new department store.
3. Robert Kennedy got a federal injunction against which group to keep them from harassing the bus riders?
(a) The KKK.
(b) The Nazi Party.
(c) The Masons.
(d) The SCLC.
4. When King was placed in isolation, who did Wyatt Walker ask for help?
(a) The White House.
(c) The governor.
(d) King's father.
5. What was one of the demands that MIA made of the city?
(a) The bus company should hire black drivers too.
(b) The buses should be filled front to back for blacks.
(c) Buses should be reserved for blacks only.
(d) White passengers should have to stand when blacks were present.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did a bomb explode in January?
2. Who made a speech on the day before the march that upset the White House?
3. The bus trip from Washington to New Orleans by an integrated group of students was known as what?
4. What did Connor use on the protesters?
5. Stanley Levison was connected to what party?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did King agree to suspend all demonstrations in St. Augustine? What did he learn after doing this?
2. What happened to King in New York?
3. What happened at Birmingham's Bethel Baptist Church? What did King do about this?
4. What demands did King release for the Poor People's Campaign? How were these received by others?
5. What was the March on Washington?
6. What happened during King's trial? How did King feel about this?
7. Where did riots break out? What did King say caused the riots?
8. Who was James Meredith? What did he decide to do? What happened to him?
9. What obstacles did King and the others face during the Meredith March? How did they handle these obstacles?
10. What was Wilkins concerned about when King met with him?
This section contains 960 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)