|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Martin Luther King, Jr. was the pastor of what church?
(a) St. Mary Magdalene Episcopal Church.
(b) North Atlanta Congregational Church.
(c) Grace Lutheran Church.
(d) Dexter Avenue Baptist Church.
2. King announced that the Crusade for Citizenship would hold how many rallies simultaneously?
3. What organization was formed in Albany to fight racism?
(a) The Southern Christian Coordinating Committee.
(c) Students for Change.
(d) The Albany Movement.
4. King was accused of what by the state of Alabama?
(a) Stealing from the SCLC.
(b) Perjury for lying on a state tax return.
(c) Unlawful mob action.
(d) A hit and run accident.
5. In what state was the governor fighting integration of a high school?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the turnout like at the March to Washington?
2. What did King want the Kennedy Administration to issue?
3. Which country did King attend the independence ceremonies in?
4. Sherrod and Reagon moved their base of operations to which city?
5. Why was their a rivalry between SNCC and the NAACP?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the Crusade for Citizenship? Who was not happy about this?
2. Why was King sentenced to four months in jail?
3. What racial discrimination did King face at Crozer?
4. How did the city officials in Albany respond to the protests and boycotts?
5. What happened to King in New York?
6. Why was there a rivalry between SNCC and NAACP? Describe how this affected the actions of the groups.
7. What did Connor do to shop the marchers in Birmingham? How did the marchers respond?
8. What happened at Birmingham's Bethel Baptist Church? What did King do about this?
9. Why did activists see Albany as a good place to fight racial inequality?
10. What did John and Robert Kennedy do for King? How did this come about?
This section contains 937 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)