|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did negotiations fail with the city officials?
(a) They refused to stop using fire hoses on protesters.
(b) They refused to drop the charges against the protesters.
(c) They refused to set up a biracial committee.
(d) They refused to desegregate the city government.
2. At the meeting with Kennedy, the President told King to distance himself from whom?
3. The focus of the Birmingham protests was on what?
(a) A bus station.
(b) The courthouse.
(c) Department stores.
(d) A Baptist church.
4. Who did King marry?
5. Who paid King and Abernathy's fine?
(a) Robert Kennedy.
(b) A well-dressed black man.
(c) The mayor of Albany.
(d) A group of students.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was not included in the boycotts in Albany?
2. What was King's tour called?
3. What was left on King's front porch in January, 1957?
4. Who was chosen as the organizational president?
5. In February 1959, King and his wife traveled to see sites made famous by whom?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the Freedom Ride? What were the results?
2. What happened to King in New York?
3. What changes did King make in his life?
4. What was the Montgomery Improvement Association? What were its aims?
5. What did the white merchants do in Birmingham after the protests began?
6. Why was there a rivalry between SNCC and NAACP? Describe how this affected the actions of the groups.
7. Why was King sentenced to four months in jail?
8. What was Wilkins concerned about when King met with him?
9. What occurred in Greensboro, North Carolina, in 1960? How did King become involved?
10. Why did activists see Albany as a good place to fight racial inequality?
This section contains 826 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)