|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did a riot break out?
(a) The state troopers had moved from the site of the bombings.
(b) The bombs killed 35 people.
(c) The city went back on its agreement.
(d) Whites attacked several blacks on the way to church.
2. What fine did King receive in the state boycott trial?
3. Who was murdered in his driveway on the night that Kennedy mobilized the Alabama National Guard?
(a) Martin Luther King, Jr.
(b) Ralph Abernathy.
(c) Medgar Evers.
(d) Roy Wilkins.
4. When King was placed in isolation, who did Wyatt Walker ask for help?
(b) King's father.
(c) The governor.
(d) The White House.
5. The white merchants resisted what aim?
(a) Desegregating the city government.
(b) Having fair hiring practices in the retail stores.
(c) Desegregating the retail stores.
(d) The formation of a biracial committee.
Short Answer Questions
1. The bus boycott took away what percentage of bus riders?
2. In February 1959, King and his wife traveled to see sites made famous by whom?
3. Why was the first meeting about the bus boycott somewhat disastrous?
4. What magazine did King's picture appear on in 1957?
5. Who called the judge on the trial and suggested that King had a right to bond while waiting his appeal?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the city officials in Albany respond to the protests and boycotts?
2. What did Hoover tell reporters? How did King react? What effect did the rumors have?
3. How did the city of Montgomery react to the bus boycott?
4. What changes did King make in his life?
5. What occurred during the Chicago marches? What did city officials do?
6. What racial discrimination did King face at Crozer?
7. Why was there a rivalry between SNCC and NAACP? Describe how this affected the actions of the groups.
8. In August, King was arrested. Why was he arrested? What effects did the arrest have?
9. What happened to the Meredith March after Meredith was shot?
10. Following the protests in Selma, what other avenues to desegregation did the SCLC discuss? What did King share with the SCLC at this meeting?
This section contains 962 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)