|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did people blame King for?
(a) Stealing money from SNCC.
(b) A lack of change in Albany.
(c) Being a communist.
(d) The failure of the Civil Rights Act.
2. Which country did King attend the independence ceremonies in?
(b) South Africa.
3. King wanted the Birmingham protests to start after what?
(a) The new year.
(b) The elections.
(c) The opening of a new department store.
(d) The March on Washington.
4. How many people were arrested at the trial for the arrested SNCC train riders?
5. King was invited to be a guest on which program?
(b) Meet the Press.
(d) 60 Minutes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the bus boycott not end when the bus company was losing so much money?
2. King announced planned protests outside of what political event(s)?
3. Sherrod and Reagon moved their base of operations to which city?
4. What did Connor use on the protesters?
5. On February 1, 1960, how many students staged a sit-in at a lunch counter in Greensboro?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did activists see Albany as a good place to fight racial inequality?
2. Who was Rosa Parks? What was her connection to the Montgomery Bus Boycott?
3. Why was there a rivalry between SNCC and NAACP? Describe how this affected the actions of the groups.
4. Why was King sentenced to four months in jail?
5. What were the aims of the demonstrations in Birmingham?
6. What happened at Birmingham's Bethel Baptist Church? What did King do about this?
7. What did John and Robert Kennedy do for King? How did this come about?
8. What was Wilkins concerned about when King met with him?
9. What was Martin Luther King, Jr.'s background like? What was his family like?
10. What was the Montgomery Improvement Association? What were its aims?
This section contains 888 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)