|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to King at a book signing in New York?
(a) He received the Nobel Peace Prize.
(b) He was stabbed.
(c) He met the President.
(d) The store was bombed..
2. Who called the judge on the trial and suggested that King had a right to bond while waiting his appeal?
(a) Malcolm X.
(b) Coretta King.
(c) Richard Nixon.
(d) Robert Kennedy.
3. What was not included in the boycotts in Albany?
(a) Public transportation.
(c) The library.
(d) Retail stores.
4. What did the NAACP tell its members?
(a) Not to participate in SNCC activities.
(b) It was disbanding in Albany.
(c) King was trying to undermine the NAACP.
(d) It was turning to violent protests.
5. The Crusade for Citizenship was focused on what?
(a) School desegregation.
(b) A civil rights bill.
(c) Voter registration.
(d) Bus desegregation.
Short Answer Questions
1. In February 1959, King and his wife traveled to see sites made famous by whom?
2. Who advised King to distance himself from Levison?
3. What was one of the demands that MIA made of the city?
4. Who made a speech on the day before the march that upset the White House?
5. Who went with King to meet with Nixon?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened in King and Abernathy's trial in Albany? Why did they not serve the full sentence?
2. How did the city of Montgomery react to the bus boycott?
3. What was the Poor People's Campaign? What did King hope to accomplish with it?
4. Why did Kennedy refuse to meet with King? How did the Kennedy Administration feel about the planned march in Washington?
5. Why did the SCLC and King become interested in Chicago?
6. Why was King in jail? What was his experience like during his sentence? Why was he released early?
7. How was King killed? Where was he? What had he been doing that day?
8. Who first used the term "black power?" How did King feel about the term?
9. Why did King agree to suspend all demonstrations in St. Augustine? What did he learn after doing this?
10. What was Bloody Sunday? Describe this event.
This section contains 991 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)