|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did a riot break out?
(a) The state troopers had moved from the site of the bombings.
(b) Whites attacked several blacks on the way to church.
(c) The city went back on its agreement.
(d) The bombs killed 35 people.
2. Why were SNCC members upset with King?
(a) They felt he was doing too much in the organization.
(b) They felt he was getting too much credit for the sit-ins.
(c) He wanted to end the Freedom Rides.
(d) He tried to usurp the president of the group.
3. What organization was formed in Albany to fight racism?
(a) Students for Change.
(c) The Southern Christian Coordinating Committee.
(d) The Albany Movement.
4. Where did a bomb explode in January?
(a) Bethel Baptist Church.
(b) Albany Sheraton Hotel.
(c) Birmingham Public Library.
(d) First Methodist Church.
5. The bus boycott took away what percentage of bus riders?
(a) 25 percent.
(b) 70 percent.
(c) 50 percent..
(d) 10 percent.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did King and his family move to?
2. Stanley Levison was connected to what party?
3. The white merchants resisted what aim?
4. Which country did King attend the independence ceremonies in?
5. In February 1959, King and his wife traveled to see sites made famous by whom?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Connor do to shop the marchers in Birmingham? How did the marchers respond?
2. What was Martin Luther King, Jr.'s background like? What was his family like?
3. What were the aims of the demonstrations in Birmingham?
4. How did the city of Montgomery react to the bus boycott?
5. What did the white merchants do in Birmingham after the protests began?
6. What was the March on Washington?
7. Why was King sentenced to four months in jail?
8. What happened to King in New York?
9. In August, King was arrested. Why was he arrested? What effects did the arrest have?
10. What happened during King's trial? How did King feel about this?
This section contains 874 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)