|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Stanley Levison was connected to what party?
(a) Libertarian Party.
(b) Socialist Party.
(c) Republican Party.
(d) Communist Party.
2. Which organization was formed to oversee the boycott and legal maneuvering?
(a) Savannah Civil Rights Campaign.
(b) Montgomery Improvement Association.
(c) Memphis Equality Association.
(d) Atlanta Race Initiative.
3. Before the March, there were leaks from the FBI claiming that the March was being fueled by whom?
(a) The Communist Party.
(b) The Green Party.
(c) The Republican Party.
(d) The Democratic Party.
4. King announced that the Crusade for Citizenship would hold how many rallies simultaneously?
5. What was left on King's front porch in January, 1957?
(b) A lawsuit over the boycott.
(c) A dead rabbit.
(d) Hate mail.
Short Answer Questions
1. King's sentence was suspended on what condition?
2. Why did the bus boycott not end when the bus company was losing so much money?
3. Which university had the front doors blocked to keep several black students from registering?
4. What organization was formed in Albany to fight racism?
5. When King was pulled over while driving, what did he not have?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the city of Montgomery react to the bus boycott?
2. What racial discrimination did King face at Crozer?
3. What occurred in Greensboro, North Carolina, in 1960? How did King become involved?
4. Why did activists see Albany as a good place to fight racial inequality?
5. What was Martin Luther King, Jr.'s background like? What was his family like?
6. What did Connor do to shop the marchers in Birmingham? How did the marchers respond?
7. What was the Montgomery Improvement Association? What were its aims?
8. What was the Crusade for Citizenship? Who was not happy about this?
9. Who was Stanley Levison? Why was the Kennedy campaign growing more concerned about King?
10. Why did Kennedy refuse to meet with King? How did the Kennedy Administration feel about the planned march in Washington?
This section contains 917 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)