|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The bus boycott took away what percentage of bus riders?
(a) 25 percent.
(b) 10 percent.
(c) 50 percent..
(d) 70 percent.
2. What magazine did King's picture appear on in 1957?
(b) Sports Illustrated.
(d) Good Housekeeping.
3. What did King want the Kennedy Administration to issue?
(a) A segregation bill.
(b) A Second Emancipation Proclamation.
(c) An apology for Jim Crow.
(d) Reparations for slavery.
4. Where did a bomb explode in January?
(a) First Methodist Church.
(b) Albany Sheraton Hotel.
(c) Birmingham Public Library.
(d) Bethel Baptist Church.
5. Why did the bus boycott not end when the bus company was losing so much money?
(a) The Albany Movement wanted to crush the bus company.
(b) A judge ordered the continuation of the boycott.
(c) The bus company prefered to go out of business.
(d) The city refused to compromise.
Short Answer Questions
1. Several of the Albany leaders were charged with what?
2. King announced planned protests outside of what political event(s)?
3. On February 1, 1960, how many students staged a sit-in at a lunch counter in Greensboro?
4. What fine did King receive in the state boycott trial?
5. Who went with King to meet with Nixon?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was King accused of when he returned to Atlanta from North Carolina? How did he and his supporters react?
2. Why did the SCLC and King become interested in Chicago?
3. What happened during King's trial? How did King feel about this?
4. What obstacles did King and the others face during the Meredith March? How did they handle these obstacles?
5. What happened at Birmingham's Bethel Baptist Church? What did King do about this?
6. What health struggles did King encounter? What contributed to this? What award did he learn that he had won?
7. What was the Coordinating Committee of Community Organizations? Where was this group located?
8. Who first used the term "black power?" How did King feel about the term?
9. What did the white merchants do in Birmingham after the protests began?
10. Which city was chosen as the next venue for SCLC demonstrations? Why was it chosen as a site for demonstrations?
This section contains 858 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)