|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who paid King and Abernathy's fine?
(a) The mayor of Albany.
(b) A well-dressed black man.
(c) A group of students.
(d) Robert Kennedy.
2. What organization removed King from office?
(a) National Baptist Convention.
3. The SCLC teamed up with what organization to train students to teach citizenship schools?
(a) The Highlander Folk School.
(b) The Baptist Civic Organization.
(c) The American Cultural Club.
(d) The Montgomery Voter Association.
4. Robert Kennedy got a federal injunction against which group to keep them from harassing the bus riders?
(a) The KKK.
(b) The Nazi Party.
(c) The Masons.
(d) The SCLC.
5. King announced that a Second Emancipation Proclamation would be delivered where?
(a) The United Nations.
(b) The Mayor of Atlanta.
(c) The US Congress.
(d) The White House.
Short Answer Questions
1. What presidency did King turn down due to church and family responsibilities?
2. Stanley Levison was connected to what party?
3. Which university had the front doors blocked to keep several black students from registering?
4. Who came to the attention of the FBI at the Youth March for Integrated Schools?
5. Which college did King attend?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was King accused of when he returned to Atlanta from North Carolina? How did he and his supporters react?
2. What were the aims of the demonstrations in Birmingham?
3. In August, King was arrested. Why was he arrested? What effects did the arrest have?
4. What happened to King in New York?
5. What happened in King and Abernathy's trial in Albany? Why did they not serve the full sentence?
6. What did John and Robert Kennedy do for King? How did this come about?
7. What did the white merchants do in Birmingham after the protests began?
8. What was Wilkins concerned about when King met with him?
9. Why did the protests in Birmingham not get off to the start that King wanted?
10. What happened at Birmingham's Bethel Baptist Church? What did King do about this?
This section contains 949 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)