|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many people were arrested at the trial for the arrested SNCC train riders?
2. Where did a bomb explode in January?
(a) First Methodist Church.
(b) Bethel Baptist Church.
(c) Birmingham Public Library.
(d) Albany Sheraton Hotel.
3. What organization removed King from office?
(d) National Baptist Convention.
4. What fine did King receive in the state boycott trial?
5. Where did King and his family move to?
6. King was accused of what by the state of Alabama?
(a) A hit and run accident.
(b) Stealing from the SCLC.
(c) Perjury for lying on a state tax return.
(d) Unlawful mob action.
7. What was one of the demands that MIA made of the city?
(a) The bus company should hire black drivers too.
(b) The buses should be filled front to back for blacks.
(c) White passengers should have to stand when blacks were present.
(d) Buses should be reserved for blacks only.
8. Who was discovered to have been sent to Montgomery by a New York organization?
9. Where was King when a grand jury began handing out indictments against MIA leaders for breaking laws against unlawful boycotts?
(d) San Fransisco.
10. What organization was formed in Albany to fight racism?
(a) Students for Change.
(c) The Southern Christian Coordinating Committee.
(d) The Albany Movement.
11. Segregation on the city buses officially ended when?
(a) October 14.
(b) March 29.
(c) December 20.
(d) June 3.
12. What did King want the Kennedy Administration to issue?
(a) A segregation bill.
(b) An apology for Jim Crow.
(c) A Second Emancipation Proclamation.
(d) Reparations for slavery.
13. Why were SNCC members upset with King?
(a) He tried to usurp the president of the group.
(b) They felt he was doing too much in the organization.
(c) He wanted to end the Freedom Rides.
(d) They felt he was getting too much credit for the sit-ins.
14. The bus boycott took away what percentage of bus riders?
(a) 50 percent..
(b) 10 percent.
(c) 25 percent.
(d) 70 percent.
15. How many protesters were arrested during the first day of the Birmingham protests?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what state was the governor fighting integration of a high school?
2. Why was the first meeting about the bus boycott somewhat disastrous?
3. Stanley Levison was connected to what party?
4. What did the NAACP tell its members?
5. King announced that the Crusade for Citizenship would hold how many rallies simultaneously?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)