|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was hired to oversee the Crusade for Citizenship rallies, but then let go because of rumors of his homosexuality and communist connections?
(a) Rocco Siciliano.
(b) Bayard Rustin.
(c) Ralph Abernathy.
(d) Martin Luther King, Jr.
2. Robert Kennedy got a federal injunction against which group to keep them from harassing the bus riders?
(a) The SCLC.
(b) The Nazi Party.
(c) The KKK.
(d) The Masons.
3. On February 1, 1960, how many students staged a sit-in at a lunch counter in Greensboro?
4. Why did the Freedom Riders feel disappointed in King?
(a) He did not want to serve on their advisory panel.
(b) He failed to mention them in a speech in Washington DC.
(c) He refused to go along with them, citing his probation problems.
(d) He spent some of the money they had planned on using.
5. What did Connor use on the protesters?
(a) Machine guns.
(b) Tear gas.
(c) Stun guns.
(d) Police dogs.
6. What happened on the night that the settlement with the city was reached?
(a) An activist's home and a hotel were bombed.
(b) The KKK arrived to protest.
(c) Abernathy was killed.
(d) The White House told King to back off.
7. Who was murdered in his driveway on the night that Kennedy mobilized the Alabama National Guard?
(a) Martin Luther King, Jr.
(b) Ralph Abernathy.
(c) Roy Wilkins.
(d) Medgar Evers.
8. What organization was formed in Albany to fight racism?
(a) Students for Change.
(b) The Southern Christian Coordinating Committee.
(d) The Albany Movement.
9. What was one of the demands that MIA made of the city?
(a) The buses should be filled front to back for blacks.
(b) The bus company should hire black drivers too.
(c) Buses should be reserved for blacks only.
(d) White passengers should have to stand when blacks were present.
10. Who paid King and Abernathy's fine?
(a) A group of students.
(b) Robert Kennedy.
(c) A well-dressed black man.
(d) The mayor of Albany.
11. Where did King and his family move to?
12. Several of the Albany leaders were charged with what?
13. In what state was the governor fighting integration of a high school?
14. Who made a speech on the day before the march that upset the White House?
(a) Ralph Abernathy.
(b) Robert Williams.
(c) Fred Shuttlesworth.
(d) John Lewis.
15. Why did Rustin resign?
(a) Clayton threatened to say that Rustin and King were lovers.
(b) He was recovering from stab wounds after a woman attacked him.
(c) He was angry with King about the direction of the SCLC.
(d) Rustin was caught at a communist meeting.
Short Answer Questions
1. King was invited to be a guest on which program?
2. Sherrod and Reagon moved their base of operations to which city?
3. What SCLC program was to reach out more readily to the public?
4. In February 1959, King and his wife traveled to see sites made famous by whom?
5. The first federal Civil Rights Act did what?
This section contains 494 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)