|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the meeting with Kennedy, the President told King to distance himself from whom?
2. Before the March, there were leaks from the FBI claiming that the March was being fueled by whom?
(a) The Green Party.
(b) The Democratic Party.
(c) The Republican Party.
(d) The Communist Party.
3. Which college did King attend?
(a) Morehouse College.
(b) Georgetown University.
(c) University of Georgia..
(d) Emory University.
4. The white merchants resisted what aim?
(a) Desegregating the retail stores.
(b) Desegregating the city government.
(c) Having fair hiring practices in the retail stores.
(d) The formation of a biracial committee.
5. Several of the Albany leaders were charged with what?
6. Why was the first meeting about the bus boycott somewhat disastrous?
(a) The ego of the leaders.
(b) The small number of people who attended.
(c) The police who showed up to arrest King.
(d) The bomb that was found.
7. Who did King visit with in New York about the Washington Pilgrimage?
(a) Roy Wilkins.
(b) Wayne Brown.
(c) Michael du Bois.
(d) Andrew Joyce.
8. King was accused of what by the state of Alabama?
(a) Unlawful mob action.
(b) Stealing from the SCLC.
(c) Perjury for lying on a state tax return.
(d) A hit and run accident.
9. Who paid King and Abernathy's fine?
(a) A group of students.
(b) The mayor of Albany.
(c) A well-dressed black man.
(d) Robert Kennedy.
10. When King was placed in isolation, who did Wyatt Walker ask for help?
(a) King's father.
(c) The White House.
(d) The governor.
11. What happened to King at a book signing in New York?
(a) He received the Nobel Peace Prize.
(b) He was stabbed.
(c) He met the President.
(d) The store was bombed..
12. King's sentence was suspended on what condition?
(a) He stop all protests in the US.
(b) He meet with the Kennedy Adminstration.
(c) He remain out of trouble.
(d) He leave Birmingham.
13. What presidency did King turn down due to church and family responsibilities?
(a) The local ACLU chapter.
(b) The local Elks chapter.
(c) The local NAACP chapter.
(d) The local Masons chapter.
14. The focus of the Birmingham protests was on what?
(a) A Baptist church.
(b) A bus station.
(c) Department stores.
(d) The courthouse.
15. King was invited to be a guest on which program?
(a) 60 Minutes.
(b) Meet the Press.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was murdered in his driveway on the night that Kennedy mobilized the Alabama National Guard?
2. Who rebuked King's attempt to organize a day of mourning?
3. Robert Kennedy got a federal injunction against which group to keep them from harassing the bus riders?
4. King announced that the Crusade for Citizenship would hold how many rallies simultaneously?
5. When King was pulled over while driving, what did he not have?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)