|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When King was pulled over while driving, what did he not have?
(a) A Georgia driver's license.
(b) Proof of Insurance.
(c) A voter's registration card.
(d) Car insurance.
2. Stanley Levison was connected to what party?
(a) Socialist Party.
(b) Communist Party.
(c) Libertarian Party.
(d) Republican Party.
3. Where did a bomb explode in January?
(a) Albany Sheraton Hotel.
(b) Birmingham Public Library.
(c) Bethel Baptist Church.
(d) First Methodist Church.
4. What did Connor use on the protesters?
(a) Machine guns.
(b) Tear gas.
(c) Stun guns.
(d) Police dogs.
5. Where was King when a grand jury began handing out indictments against MIA leaders for breaking laws against unlawful boycotts?
(b) San Fransisco.
6. Which country did King attend the independence ceremonies in?
(b) South Africa.
7. Who filed a federal court case that would challenge bus segregation head-on?
(a) Rosa Parks.
(b) Fred Gray.
(c) Martin Luther King, Jr.
(d) Robert Graetz.
8. What was the turnout like at the March to Washington?
(a) It exceeded expectations.
(b) It was much less than expectations.
(c) It was less than expectations.
(d) It met expectations.
9. When King was placed in isolation, who did Wyatt Walker ask for help?
(a) King's father.
(b) The White House.
(d) The governor.
10. What organization was formed in Albany to fight racism?
(a) The Albany Movement.
(c) Students for Change.
(d) The Southern Christian Coordinating Committee.
11. King was arrested when he tried to attend the trial of whose assailant?
(a) His own.
12. The Crusade for Citizenship was focused on what?
(a) Bus desegregation.
(b) School desegregation.
(c) A civil rights bill.
(d) Voter registration.
13. Why did the Freedom Riders feel disappointed in King?
(a) He failed to mention them in a speech in Washington DC.
(b) He spent some of the money they had planned on using.
(c) He refused to go along with them, citing his probation problems.
(d) He did not want to serve on their advisory panel.
14. Where did King hold a prayer-in?
(a) The library.
(b) The courthouse.
(c) Police headquarters.
(d) A motel restaurant.
15. Who was asked to vacate her seat on a city bus for a white passenger?
(a) Abigail Jenson.
(b) Fannie Lou Hamer.
(c) Rosa Parks.
(d) Betty Shabazz.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did King and his family move to?
2. King announced that the Crusade for Citizenship would hold how many rallies simultaneously?
3. Who paid King and Abernathy's fine?
4. What presidency did King turn down due to church and family responsibilities?
5. What did the NAACP tell its members?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)