|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the most important person in King's life as a child?
(a) His sister.
(b) His uncle.
(c) His grandmother.
(d) His father.
2. Why was the first meeting about the bus boycott somewhat disastrous?
(a) The small number of people who attended.
(b) The bomb that was found.
(c) The police who showed up to arrest King.
(d) The ego of the leaders.
3. Who went with King to meet with Nixon?
4. How many people were arrested at the trial for the arrested SNCC train riders?
5. Which organization was formed to oversee the boycott and legal maneuvering?
(a) Montgomery Improvement Association.
(b) Memphis Equality Association.
(c) Atlanta Race Initiative.
(d) Savannah Civil Rights Campaign.
6. Who was asked to vacate her seat on a city bus for a white passenger?
(a) Abigail Jenson.
(b) Rosa Parks.
(c) Fannie Lou Hamer.
(d) Betty Shabazz.
7. Who paid King and Abernathy's fine?
(a) A group of students.
(b) The mayor of Albany.
(c) A well-dressed black man.
(d) Robert Kennedy.
8. When King was pulled over while driving, what did he not have?
(a) A Georgia driver's license.
(b) Car insurance.
(c) A voter's registration card.
(d) Proof of Insurance.
9. What happened to King at a book signing in New York?
(a) He received the Nobel Peace Prize.
(b) He met the President.
(c) The store was bombed..
(d) He was stabbed.
10. Who did King marry?
11. Who was chosen as the organizational president?
(a) Ralph D. Abernathy.
(b) E.D. Nixon.
(c) Martin Luther King, Jr.
(d) Jo Ann Robinson.
12. Why was their a rivalry between SNCC and the NAACP?
(a) The NAACP wanted to control the actions in Albany.
(b) Both groups wanted King to commit to their actions.
(c) They both staged a sit-in at the same time in different locations, making people choose between the two.
(d) SNCC wanted to control the actions in Albany.
13. What was the turnout like at the March to Washington?
(a) It exceeded expectations.
(b) It met expectations.
(c) It was much less than expectations.
(d) It was less than expectations.
14. What fine did King receive in the state boycott trial?
15. What happened on the night that the settlement with the city was reached?
(a) Abernathy was killed.
(b) The White House told King to back off.
(c) The KKK arrived to protest.
(d) An activist's home and a hotel were bombed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why were SNCC members upset with King?
2. Sherrod and Reagon moved their base of operations to which city?
3. Which college did King attend?
4. Where did a bomb explode in January?
5. Who filed a federal court case that would challenge bus segregation head-on?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)