|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was hired to oversee the Crusade for Citizenship rallies, but then let go because of rumors of his homosexuality and communist connections?
(a) Rocco Siciliano.
(b) Bayard Rustin.
(c) Ralph Abernathy.
(d) Martin Luther King, Jr.
2. The SCLC teamed up with what organization to train students to teach citizenship schools?
(a) The American Cultural Club.
(b) The Baptist Civic Organization.
(c) The Montgomery Voter Association.
(d) The Highlander Folk School.
3. The focus of the Birmingham protests was on what?
(a) A Baptist church.
(b) A bus station.
(c) The courthouse.
(d) Department stores.
4. Who was discovered to have been sent to Montgomery by a New York organization?
5. Who paid King and Abernathy's fine?
(a) The mayor of Albany.
(b) A group of students.
(c) Robert Kennedy.
(d) A well-dressed black man.
6. King was stabbed while in which city?
(b) New York.
7. What organizations did the students form out of the lunch counter sit-ins?
(a) Crusade for Citizenship.
(b) Hands Across America.
(c) Student Non-violent Coordinating Committee.
(d) National Youths Against Racism.
8. Why was their a rivalry between SNCC and the NAACP?
(a) Both groups wanted King to commit to their actions.
(b) The NAACP wanted to control the actions in Albany.
(c) They both staged a sit-in at the same time in different locations, making people choose between the two.
(d) SNCC wanted to control the actions in Albany.
9. Why was the first meeting about the bus boycott somewhat disastrous?
(a) The small number of people who attended.
(b) The police who showed up to arrest King.
(c) The bomb that was found.
(d) The ego of the leaders.
10. What organization removed King from office?
(a) National Baptist Convention.
11. Why did a riot break out?
(a) Whites attacked several blacks on the way to church.
(b) The state troopers had moved from the site of the bombings.
(c) The city went back on its agreement.
(d) The bombs killed 35 people.
12. Where did a bomb explode in January?
(a) Bethel Baptist Church.
(b) Birmingham Public Library.
(c) Albany Sheraton Hotel.
(d) First Methodist Church.
13. What did the NAACP tell its members?
(a) Not to participate in SNCC activities.
(b) It was disbanding in Albany.
(c) It was turning to violent protests.
(d) King was trying to undermine the NAACP.
14. King was accused of what by the state of Alabama?
(a) Stealing from the SCLC.
(b) Unlawful mob action.
(c) Perjury for lying on a state tax return.
(d) A hit and run accident.
15. What presidency did King turn down due to church and family responsibilities?
(a) The local Masons chapter.
(b) The local NAACP chapter.
(c) The local ACLU chapter.
(d) The local Elks chapter.
Short Answer Questions
1. King announced planned protests outside of what political event(s)?
2. How many people were arrested at the trial for the arrested SNCC train riders?
3. Why did Rustin resign?
4. Who did King marry?
5. Who was murdered in his driveway on the night that Kennedy mobilized the Alabama National Guard?
This section contains 516 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)