|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was their a rivalry between SNCC and the NAACP?
(a) They both staged a sit-in at the same time in different locations, making people choose between the two.
(b) Both groups wanted King to commit to their actions.
(c) The NAACP wanted to control the actions in Albany.
(d) SNCC wanted to control the actions in Albany.
2. Who came to the attention of the FBI at the Youth March for Integrated Schools?
3. What was King's tour called?
(b) Suffrage for All.
(c) Chance for Change.
(d) Racism Ends.
4. Stanley Levison was connected to what party?
(a) Libertarian Party.
(b) Communist Party.
(c) Republican Party.
(d) Socialist Party.
5. When King was pulled over while driving, what did he not have?
(a) A voter's registration card.
(b) Proof of Insurance.
(c) Car insurance.
(d) A Georgia driver's license.
6. Who paid King and Abernathy's fine?
(a) A well-dressed black man.
(b) The mayor of Albany.
(c) Robert Kennedy.
(d) A group of students.
7. The first federal Civil Rights Act did what?
(a) Ended bus segregation only.
(b) Established a Civil Rights commission.
(c) Ended all segregation.
(d) Dismissed all protest charges.
8. King planned a march to which city?
(a) New York.
(c) Washington D.C.
9. Which university had the front doors blocked to keep several black students from registering?
(a) Emory University.
(b) University of Alabama.
(c) Marquette University.
(d) University of California.
10. What was the turnout like at the March to Washington?
(a) It exceeded expectations.
(b) It was less than expectations.
(c) It met expectations.
(d) It was much less than expectations.
11. What presidency did King turn down due to church and family responsibilities?
(a) The local Elks chapter.
(b) The local Masons chapter.
(c) The local NAACP chapter.
(d) The local ACLU chapter.
12. Who did King marry?
13. Why did negotiations fail with the city officials?
(a) They refused to stop using fire hoses on protesters.
(b) They refused to drop the charges against the protesters.
(c) They refused to desegregate the city government.
(d) They refused to set up a biracial committee.
14. Why did the Freedom Riders feel disappointed in King?
(a) He did not want to serve on their advisory panel.
(b) He failed to mention them in a speech in Washington DC.
(c) He refused to go along with them, citing his probation problems.
(d) He spent some of the money they had planned on using.
15. King was arrested when he tried to attend the trial of whose assailant?
(a) His own.
Short Answer Questions
1. King was invited to be a guest on which program?
2. How long was King sentenced to jail for violating his probation?
3. How many people were arrested at the trial for the arrested SNCC train riders?
4. Who did King speak with about the bombing, suggesting that a strong stand needed to be taken?
5. King became the assistant pastor at what church?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)