|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did a bomb explode in January?
(a) Albany Sheraton Hotel.
(b) First Methodist Church.
(c) Bethel Baptist Church.
(d) Birmingham Public Library.
2. What did people blame King for?
(a) Being a communist.
(b) Stealing money from SNCC.
(c) A lack of change in Albany.
(d) The failure of the Civil Rights Act.
3. What was one of the demands that MIA made of the city?
(a) The buses should be filled front to back for blacks.
(b) White passengers should have to stand when blacks were present.
(c) The bus company should hire black drivers too.
(d) Buses should be reserved for blacks only.
4. Several of the Albany leaders were charged with what?
5. What organization removed King from office?
(c) National Baptist Convention.
6. The bus boycott took away what percentage of bus riders?
(a) 25 percent.
(b) 50 percent..
(c) 70 percent.
(d) 10 percent.
7. When King was placed in isolation, who did Wyatt Walker ask for help?
(a) King's father.
(b) The governor.
(c) The White House.
8. When King was pulled over while driving, what did he not have?
(a) Car insurance.
(b) A Georgia driver's license.
(c) A voter's registration card.
(d) Proof of Insurance.
9. What organizations did the students form out of the lunch counter sit-ins?
(a) National Youths Against Racism.
(b) Crusade for Citizenship.
(c) Student Non-violent Coordinating Committee.
(d) Hands Across America.
10. Why did a riot break out?
(a) The city went back on its agreement.
(b) Whites attacked several blacks on the way to church.
(c) The state troopers had moved from the site of the bombings.
(d) The bombs killed 35 people.
11. The four major Civil Rights organizations joined together to create what organization?
(a) Freedom Riders Project.
(b) Voter Education Project.
(c) US Justice Project.
(d) Southern Racism Project.
12. Who took King's place as the president of MIA?
13. How many people were arrested at the trial for the arrested SNCC train riders?
14. King's father and grandfather were involved in what profession?
15. Who called the judge on the trial and suggested that King had a right to bond while waiting his appeal?
(a) Robert Kennedy.
(b) Malcolm X.
(c) Richard Nixon.
(d) Coretta King.
Short Answer Questions
1. King wanted the Birmingham protests to start after what?
2. Sherrod and Reagon moved their base of operations to which city?
3. Who made a speech on the day before the march that upset the White House?
4. What SCLC program was to reach out more readily to the public?
5. The bus trip from Washington to New Orleans by an integrated group of students was known as what?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)