|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was asked to vacate her seat on a city bus for a white passenger?
(a) Fannie Lou Hamer.
(b) Betty Shabazz.
(c) Abigail Jenson.
(d) Rosa Parks.
2. Segregation on the city buses officially ended when?
(a) March 29.
(b) June 3.
(c) December 20.
(d) October 14.
3. Who went with King to meet with Nixon?
4. Who took King's place as the president of MIA?
5. What was one of the demands that MIA made of the city?
(a) The bus company should hire black drivers too.
(b) Buses should be reserved for blacks only.
(c) The buses should be filled front to back for blacks.
(d) White passengers should have to stand when blacks were present.
6. Why was the first meeting about the bus boycott somewhat disastrous?
(a) The small number of people who attended.
(b) The ego of the leaders.
(c) The police who showed up to arrest King.
(d) The bomb that was found.
7. Who did King visit with in New York about the Washington Pilgrimage?
(a) Wayne Brown.
(b) Roy Wilkins.
(c) Michael du Bois.
(d) Andrew Joyce.
8. How many people were arrested at the trial for the arrested SNCC train riders?
9. Which college did King attend?
(a) Emory University.
(b) University of Georgia..
(c) Morehouse College.
(d) Georgetown University.
10. Martin Luther King, Jr. was the pastor of what church?
(a) North Atlanta Congregational Church.
(b) Grace Lutheran Church.
(c) Dexter Avenue Baptist Church.
(d) St. Mary Magdalene Episcopal Church.
11. King announced that the Crusade for Citizenship would hold how many rallies simultaneously?
12. King became the assistant pastor at what church?
(a) Ebenezer Baptist.
(b) Emmanuel Baptist.
(c) Second Methodist.
(d) South Atlanta Methodist.
13. What happened to King at a book signing in New York?
(a) The store was bombed..
(b) He received the Nobel Peace Prize.
(c) He was stabbed.
(d) He met the President.
14. The white merchants resisted what aim?
(a) The formation of a biracial committee.
(b) Desegregating the retail stores.
(c) Desegregating the city government.
(d) Having fair hiring practices in the retail stores.
15. The SCLC teamed up with what organization to train students to teach citizenship schools?
(a) The Baptist Civic Organization.
(b) The American Cultural Club.
(c) The Highlander Folk School.
(d) The Montgomery Voter Association.
Short Answer Questions
1. What fine did King receive in the state boycott trial?
2. What organization removed King from office?
3. At the meeting with Kennedy, the President told King to distance himself from whom?
4. Where did a bomb explode in January?
5. What happened on the night that the settlement with the city was reached?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)