Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The bus boycott took away what percentage of bus riders?
(a) 25 percent.
(b) 10 percent.
(c) 50 percent..
(d) 70 percent.
2. What magazine did King's picture appear on in 1957?
(b) Sports Illustrated.
(d) Good Housekeeping.
3. What did King want the Kennedy Administration to issue?
(a) A segregation bill.
(b) A Second Emancipation Proclamation.
(c) An apology for Jim Crow.
(d) Reparations for slavery.
4. Where did a bomb explode in January?
(a) First Methodist Church.
(b) Albany Sheraton Hotel.
(c) Birmingham Public Library.
(d) Bethel Baptist Church.
5. Why did the bus boycott not end when the bus company was losing so much money?
(a) The Albany Movement wanted to crush the bus company.
(b) A judge ordered the continuation of the boycott.
(c) The bus company prefered to go out of business.
(d) The city refused to compromise.
6. Several of the Albany leaders were charged with what?
7. King announced planned protests outside of what political event(s)?
(a) Presidential Inauguration.
(b) Presidential elections.
(c) Republican and Democratic Conventions.
(d) State dinner.
8. On February 1, 1960, how many students staged a sit-in at a lunch counter in Greensboro?
9. What fine did King receive in the state boycott trial?
10. Who went with King to meet with Nixon?
11. Who called the judge on the trial and suggested that King had a right to bond while waiting his appeal?
(a) Coretta King.
(b) Richard Nixon.
(c) Malcolm X.
(d) Robert Kennedy.
12. At the meeting with Kennedy, the President told King to distance himself from whom?
13. What was left on King's front porch in January, 1957?
(a) A lawsuit over the boycott.
(b) A dead rabbit.
(c) Hate mail.
14. Martin Luther King, Jr. was the pastor of what church?
(a) St. Mary Magdalene Episcopal Church.
(b) Dexter Avenue Baptist Church.
(c) North Atlanta Congregational Church.
(d) Grace Lutheran Church.
15. Who was asked to vacate her seat on a city bus for a white passenger?
(a) Rosa Parks.
(b) Abigail Jenson.
(c) Fannie Lou Hamer.
(d) Betty Shabazz.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did people blame King for?
2. How many protesters were arrested during the first day of the Birmingham protests?
3. Sherrod and Reagon moved their base of operations to which city?
4. Who did King marry?
5. Why were SNCC members upset with King?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)