|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What magazine did King's picture appear on in 1957?
(a) Good Housekeeping.
(c) Sports Illustrated.
2. Where did a bomb explode in January?
(a) Albany Sheraton Hotel.
(b) Birmingham Public Library.
(c) First Methodist Church.
(d) Bethel Baptist Church.
3. Which college did King attend?
(a) Emory University.
(b) University of Georgia..
(c) Georgetown University.
(d) Morehouse College.
4. Why did Rustin resign?
(a) He was recovering from stab wounds after a woman attacked him.
(b) Rustin was caught at a communist meeting.
(c) Clayton threatened to say that Rustin and King were lovers.
(d) He was angry with King about the direction of the SCLC.
5. Why did the bus boycott not end when the bus company was losing so much money?
(a) A judge ordered the continuation of the boycott.
(b) The Albany Movement wanted to crush the bus company.
(c) The city refused to compromise.
(d) The bus company prefered to go out of business.
6. What organization removed King from office?
(c) National Baptist Convention.
7. Why did a riot break out?
(a) The bombs killed 35 people.
(b) The state troopers had moved from the site of the bombings.
(c) The city went back on its agreement.
(d) Whites attacked several blacks on the way to church.
8. Why did negotiations fail with the city officials?
(a) They refused to desegregate the city government.
(b) They refused to drop the charges against the protesters.
(c) They refused to set up a biracial committee.
(d) They refused to stop using fire hoses on protesters.
9. Who was discovered to have been sent to Montgomery by a New York organization?
10. What did King want the Kennedy Administration to issue?
(a) An apology for Jim Crow.
(b) A Second Emancipation Proclamation.
(c) Reparations for slavery.
(d) A segregation bill.
11. King's sentence was suspended on what condition?
(a) He stop all protests in the US.
(b) He meet with the Kennedy Adminstration.
(c) He remain out of trouble.
(d) He leave Birmingham.
12. Who made a speech on the day before the march that upset the White House?
(a) Ralph Abernathy.
(b) Robert Williams.
(c) John Lewis.
(d) Fred Shuttlesworth.
13. The bus boycott took away what percentage of bus riders?
(a) 25 percent.
(b) 70 percent.
(c) 50 percent..
(d) 10 percent.
14. King was accused of what by the state of Alabama?
(a) Stealing from the SCLC.
(b) Perjury for lying on a state tax return.
(c) A hit and run accident.
(d) Unlawful mob action.
15. What fine did King receive in the state boycott trial?
Short Answer Questions
1. Stanley Levison was connected to what party?
2. What was King's tour called?
3. What did Connor use on the protesters?
4. On February 1, 1960, how many students staged a sit-in at a lunch counter in Greensboro?
5. Who rebuked King's attempt to organize a day of mourning?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)