|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who advised King to distance himself from Levison?
(a) Ralph Abernathy.
(b) Coretta Scott King.
(c) Richard Nixon.
(d) Robert Kennedy.
2. Who took King's place as the president of MIA?
3. The Crusade for Citizenship was focused on what?
(a) Voter registration.
(b) Bus desegregation.
(c) A civil rights bill.
(d) School desegregation.
4. Who was murdered in his driveway on the night that Kennedy mobilized the Alabama National Guard?
(a) Roy Wilkins.
(b) Ralph Abernathy.
(c) Martin Luther King, Jr.
(d) Medgar Evers.
5. King's father and grandfather were involved in what profession?
6. King became the assistant pastor at what church?
(a) Ebenezer Baptist.
(b) Second Methodist.
(c) South Atlanta Methodist.
(d) Emmanuel Baptist.
7. Who was chosen as the organizational president?
(a) Martin Luther King, Jr.
(b) Jo Ann Robinson.
(c) E.D. Nixon.
(d) Ralph D. Abernathy.
8. King was invited to be a guest on which program?
(a) Meet the Press.
(b) 60 Minutes.
9. Who paid King and Abernathy's fine?
(a) A well-dressed black man.
(b) The mayor of Albany.
(c) A group of students.
(d) Robert Kennedy.
10. How many protesters were arrested during the first day of the Birmingham protests?
11. King was stabbed while in which city?
(b) New York.
12. Who did King speak with about the bombing, suggesting that a strong stand needed to be taken?
(a) Stanley Levison.
(b) Malcolm X.
(c) The mayor of Selma.
(d) The President.
13. King wanted the Birmingham protests to start after what?
(a) The elections.
(b) The opening of a new department store.
(c) The new year.
(d) The March on Washington.
14. The SCLC teamed up with what organization to train students to teach citizenship schools?
(a) The Highlander Folk School.
(b) The Baptist Civic Organization.
(c) The American Cultural Club.
(d) The Montgomery Voter Association.
15. When King was placed in isolation, who did Wyatt Walker ask for help?
(a) King's father.
(b) The White House.
(c) The governor.
Short Answer Questions
1. King's sentence was suspended on what condition?
2. Where was King when a grand jury began handing out indictments against MIA leaders for breaking laws against unlawful boycotts?
3. Where did King hold a prayer-in?
4. King announced planned protests outside of what political event(s)?
5. On February 1, 1960, how many students staged a sit-in at a lunch counter in Greensboro?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)