|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Segregation on the city buses officially ended when?
(a) December 20.
(b) June 3.
(c) March 29.
(d) October 14.
2. How long was King sentenced to jail for violating his probation?
(a) 5 years.
(b) 4 months.
(c) 9 months.
(d) 8 days.
3. Sherrod and Reagon moved their base of operations to which city?
4. On February 1, 1960, how many students staged a sit-in at a lunch counter in Greensboro?
5. Why did the Freedom Riders feel disappointed in King?
(a) He did not want to serve on their advisory panel.
(b) He failed to mention them in a speech in Washington DC.
(c) He spent some of the money they had planned on using.
(d) He refused to go along with them, citing his probation problems.
6. Who paid King and Abernathy's fine?
(a) Robert Kennedy.
(b) The mayor of Albany.
(c) A well-dressed black man.
(d) A group of students.
7. Who did King speak with about the bombing, suggesting that a strong stand needed to be taken?
(a) Malcolm X.
(b) The mayor of Selma.
(c) The President.
(d) Stanley Levison.
8. What magazine did King's picture appear on in 1957?
(a) Sports Illustrated.
(d) Good Housekeeping.
9. Who filed a federal court case that would challenge bus segregation head-on?
(a) Fred Gray.
(b) Martin Luther King, Jr.
(c) Robert Graetz.
(d) Rosa Parks.
10. Before the March, there were leaks from the FBI claiming that the March was being fueled by whom?
(a) The Republican Party.
(b) The Democratic Party.
(c) The Green Party.
(d) The Communist Party.
11. Who rebuked King's attempt to organize a day of mourning?
(a) Julian Bond.
(b) Ralph Abernathy.
(c) Medgar Evers.
(d) Roy Wilkins.
12. What did people blame King for?
(a) A lack of change in Albany.
(b) The failure of the Civil Rights Act.
(c) Being a communist.
(d) Stealing money from SNCC.
13. King announced that the Crusade for Citizenship would hold how many rallies simultaneously?
14. Which college did King attend?
(a) University of Georgia..
(b) Georgetown University.
(c) Emory University.
(d) Morehouse College.
15. King was accused of what by the state of Alabama?
(a) Unlawful mob action.
(b) A hit and run accident.
(c) Stealing from the SCLC.
(d) Perjury for lying on a state tax return.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was the first meeting about the bus boycott somewhat disastrous?
2. Which organization was formed to oversee the boycott and legal maneuvering?
3. Who was hired to oversee the Crusade for Citizenship rallies, but then let go because of rumors of his homosexuality and communist connections?
4. Robert Kennedy got a federal injunction against which group to keep them from harassing the bus riders?
5. King planned a march to which city?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)