|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. King's father and grandfather were involved in what profession?
2. How long was King sentenced to jail for violating his probation?
(a) 9 months.
(b) 5 years.
(c) 8 days.
(d) 4 months.
3. Who went with King to meet with Nixon?
4. What organizations did the students form out of the lunch counter sit-ins?
(a) National Youths Against Racism.
(b) Student Non-violent Coordinating Committee.
(c) Hands Across America.
(d) Crusade for Citizenship.
5. What did the NAACP tell its members?
(a) Not to participate in SNCC activities.
(b) King was trying to undermine the NAACP.
(c) It was turning to violent protests.
(d) It was disbanding in Albany.
6. At the meeting with Kennedy, the President told King to distance himself from whom?
7. Who came to the attention of the FBI at the Youth March for Integrated Schools?
8. King announced that the Crusade for Citizenship would hold how many rallies simultaneously?
9. Who advised King to distance himself from Levison?
(a) Ralph Abernathy.
(b) Richard Nixon.
(c) Robert Kennedy.
(d) Coretta Scott King.
10. Who was murdered in his driveway on the night that Kennedy mobilized the Alabama National Guard?
(a) Medgar Evers.
(b) Roy Wilkins.
(c) Martin Luther King, Jr.
(d) Ralph Abernathy.
11. What was the turnout like at the March to Washington?
(a) It exceeded expectations.
(b) It was less than expectations.
(c) It was much less than expectations.
(d) It met expectations.
12. Who paid King and Abernathy's fine?
(a) The mayor of Albany.
(b) Robert Kennedy.
(c) A well-dressed black man.
(d) A group of students.
13. Several of the Albany leaders were charged with what?
14. King's sentence was suspended on what condition?
(a) He remain out of trouble.
(b) He meet with the Kennedy Adminstration.
(c) He leave Birmingham.
(d) He stop all protests in the US.
15. Before the March, there were leaks from the FBI claiming that the March was being fueled by whom?
(a) The Green Party.
(b) The Communist Party.
(c) The Republican Party.
(d) The Democratic Party.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Crusade for Citizenship was focused on what?
2. The first federal Civil Rights Act did what?
3. Sherrod and Reagon moved their base of operations to which city?
4. What was not included in the boycotts in Albany?
5. Who did King marry?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)