|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. King became the assistant pastor at what church?
(a) South Atlanta Methodist.
(b) Ebenezer Baptist.
(c) Second Methodist.
(d) Emmanuel Baptist.
2. Which country did King attend the independence ceremonies in?
(c) South Africa.
3. Why did negotiations fail with the city officials?
(a) They refused to drop the charges against the protesters.
(b) They refused to stop using fire hoses on protesters.
(c) They refused to desegregate the city government.
(d) They refused to set up a biracial committee.
4. Stanley Levison was connected to what party?
(a) Communist Party.
(b) Socialist Party.
(c) Republican Party.
(d) Libertarian Party.
5. The SCLC teamed up with what organization to train students to teach citizenship schools?
(a) The Baptist Civic Organization.
(b) The American Cultural Club.
(c) The Highlander Folk School.
(d) The Montgomery Voter Association.
6. King was arrested when he tried to attend the trial of whose assailant?
(a) His own.
7. King was stabbed while in which city?
(a) New York.
8. Who took King's place as the president of MIA?
9. Robert Kennedy got a federal injunction against which group to keep them from harassing the bus riders?
(a) The Masons.
(b) The Nazi Party.
(c) The KKK.
(d) The SCLC.
10. Which organization was formed to oversee the boycott and legal maneuvering?
(a) Montgomery Improvement Association.
(b) Memphis Equality Association.
(c) Atlanta Race Initiative.
(d) Savannah Civil Rights Campaign.
11. What was one of the demands that MIA made of the city?
(a) The bus company should hire black drivers too.
(b) Buses should be reserved for blacks only.
(c) The buses should be filled front to back for blacks.
(d) White passengers should have to stand when blacks were present.
12. Who did King speak with about the bombing, suggesting that a strong stand needed to be taken?
(a) Stanley Levison.
(b) The President.
(c) Malcolm X.
(d) The mayor of Selma.
13. Why was their a rivalry between SNCC and the NAACP?
(a) Both groups wanted King to commit to their actions.
(b) The NAACP wanted to control the actions in Albany.
(c) SNCC wanted to control the actions in Albany.
(d) They both staged a sit-in at the same time in different locations, making people choose between the two.
14. Which college did King attend?
(a) Emory University.
(b) Morehouse College.
(c) Georgetown University.
(d) University of Georgia..
15. Several of the Albany leaders were charged with what?
Short Answer Questions
1. The white merchants resisted what aim?
2. Who filed a federal court case that would challenge bus segregation head-on?
3. When King was placed in isolation, who did Wyatt Walker ask for help?
4. The first federal Civil Rights Act did what?
5. Who paid King and Abernathy's fine?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)