|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did a riot break out?
(a) The city went back on its agreement.
(b) The state troopers had moved from the site of the bombings.
(c) The bombs killed 35 people.
(d) Whites attacked several blacks on the way to church.
2. Who was chosen as the organizational president?
(a) Martin Luther King, Jr.
(b) Ralph D. Abernathy.
(c) E.D. Nixon.
(d) Jo Ann Robinson.
3. What did King want the Kennedy Administration to issue?
(a) A segregation bill.
(b) An apology for Jim Crow.
(c) Reparations for slavery.
(d) A Second Emancipation Proclamation.
4. What did Connor use on the protesters?
(a) Police dogs.
(b) Tear gas.
(c) Stun guns.
(d) Machine guns.
5. In February 1959, King and his wife traveled to see sites made famous by whom?
(a) King Tut.
(d) Genghis Khan.
6. Stanley Levison was connected to what party?
(a) Communist Party.
(b) Republican Party.
(c) Libertarian Party.
(d) Socialist Party.
7. Where did a bomb explode in January?
(a) First Methodist Church.
(b) Bethel Baptist Church.
(c) Birmingham Public Library.
(d) Albany Sheraton Hotel.
8. Who took King's place as the president of MIA?
9. King's sentence was suspended on what condition?
(a) He stop all protests in the US.
(b) He meet with the Kennedy Adminstration.
(c) He leave Birmingham.
(d) He remain out of trouble.
10. What happened on January 30, 1956?
(a) The boycott ended.
(b) The MIA filed a federal court case against segregation.
(c) The King home was bombed.
(d) King was killed.
11. Where did King hold a prayer-in?
(a) A motel restaurant.
(b) The courthouse.
(c) The library.
(d) Police headquarters.
12. On February 1, 1960, how many students staged a sit-in at a lunch counter in Greensboro?
13. King's father and grandfather were involved in what profession?
14. Who did King visit with in New York about the Washington Pilgrimage?
(a) Wayne Brown.
(b) Roy Wilkins.
(c) Andrew Joyce.
(d) Michael du Bois.
15. Martin Luther King, Jr. was the pastor of what church?
(a) St. Mary Magdalene Episcopal Church.
(b) Grace Lutheran Church.
(c) Dexter Avenue Baptist Church.
(d) North Atlanta Congregational Church.
Short Answer Questions
1. King announced that the Crusade for Citizenship would hold how many rallies simultaneously?
2. Who filed a federal court case that would challenge bus segregation head-on?
3. The bus trip from Washington to New Orleans by an integrated group of students was known as what?
4. What was left on King's front porch in January, 1957?
5. Who was the most important person in King's life as a child?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)