|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who took King's place as the president of MIA?
2. What was one of the demands that MIA made of the city?
(a) White passengers should have to stand when blacks were present.
(b) The buses should be filled front to back for blacks.
(c) The bus company should hire black drivers too.
(d) Buses should be reserved for blacks only.
3. What was left on King's front porch in January, 1957?
(a) A dead rabbit.
(b) Hate mail.
(c) A lawsuit over the boycott.
4. What organization removed King from office?
(d) National Baptist Convention.
5. Why did the Freedom Riders feel disappointed in King?
(a) He spent some of the money they had planned on using.
(b) He refused to go along with them, citing his probation problems.
(c) He failed to mention them in a speech in Washington DC.
(d) He did not want to serve on their advisory panel.
6. The bus trip from Washington to New Orleans by an integrated group of students was known as what?
(a) Protest Ride.
(b) Green Ride.
(c) Freedom Ride.
(d) Anti-Raciam Ride.
7. The focus of the Birmingham protests was on what?
(a) The courthouse.
(b) A bus station.
(c) A Baptist church.
(d) Department stores.
8. Who paid King and Abernathy's fine?
(a) A well-dressed black man.
(b) A group of students.
(c) Robert Kennedy.
(d) The mayor of Albany.
9. Which organization was formed to oversee the boycott and legal maneuvering?
(a) Savannah Civil Rights Campaign.
(b) Memphis Equality Association.
(c) Montgomery Improvement Association.
(d) Atlanta Race Initiative.
10. King wanted the Birmingham protests to start after what?
(a) The new year.
(b) The elections.
(c) The opening of a new department store.
(d) The March on Washington.
11. King was accused of what by the state of Alabama?
(a) A hit and run accident.
(b) Stealing from the SCLC.
(c) Perjury for lying on a state tax return.
(d) Unlawful mob action.
12. Who rebuked King's attempt to organize a day of mourning?
(a) Roy Wilkins.
(b) Julian Bond.
(c) Ralph Abernathy.
(d) Medgar Evers.
13. What SCLC program was to reach out more readily to the public?
(b) Hands across America.
(c) Future Program.
(d) Crusade for Sponsors.
14. What happened to King at a book signing in New York?
(a) The store was bombed..
(b) He met the President.
(c) He was stabbed.
(d) He received the Nobel Peace Prize.
15. King announced that the Crusade for Citizenship would hold how many rallies simultaneously?
Short Answer Questions
1. The bus boycott took away what percentage of bus riders?
2. King's father and grandfather were involved in what profession?
3. Segregation on the city buses officially ended when?
4. What organizations did the students form out of the lunch counter sit-ins?
5. King was arrested when he tried to attend the trial of whose assailant?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)