|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On February 1, 1960, how many students staged a sit-in at a lunch counter in Greensboro?
2. Which country did King attend the independence ceremonies in?
(c) South Africa.
3. Who filed a federal court case that would challenge bus segregation head-on?
(a) Martin Luther King, Jr.
(b) Robert Graetz.
(c) Fred Gray.
(d) Rosa Parks.
4. Who was murdered in his driveway on the night that Kennedy mobilized the Alabama National Guard?
(a) Medgar Evers.
(b) Ralph Abernathy.
(c) Martin Luther King, Jr.
(d) Roy Wilkins.
5. Who was hired to oversee the Crusade for Citizenship rallies, but then let go because of rumors of his homosexuality and communist connections?
(a) Bayard Rustin.
(b) Martin Luther King, Jr.
(c) Rocco Siciliano.
(d) Ralph Abernathy.
6. Where did a bomb explode in January?
(a) Bethel Baptist Church.
(b) Birmingham Public Library.
(c) Albany Sheraton Hotel.
(d) First Methodist Church.
7. What SCLC program was to reach out more readily to the public?
(a) Crusade for Sponsors.
(c) Future Program.
(d) Hands across America.
8. What happened on January 30, 1956?
(a) The King home was bombed.
(b) The boycott ended.
(c) King was killed.
(d) The MIA filed a federal court case against segregation.
9. Where did King and his family move to?
10. King wanted the Birmingham protests to start after what?
(a) The elections.
(b) The opening of a new department store.
(c) The new year.
(d) The March on Washington.
11. King's sentence was suspended on what condition?
(a) He remain out of trouble.
(b) He meet with the Kennedy Adminstration.
(c) He stop all protests in the US.
(d) He leave Birmingham.
12. How long was King sentenced to jail for violating his probation?
(a) 9 months.
(b) 8 days.
(c) 5 years.
(d) 4 months.
13. Who went with King to meet with Nixon?
14. What did Connor use on the protesters?
(a) Police dogs.
(b) Tear gas.
(c) Stun guns.
(d) Machine guns.
15. King announced planned protests outside of what political event(s)?
(a) Presidential Inauguration.
(b) Presidential elections.
(c) Republican and Democratic Conventions.
(d) State dinner.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the meeting with Kennedy, the President told King to distance himself from whom?
2. Why did the bus boycott not end when the bus company was losing so much money?
3. Who rebuked King's attempt to organize a day of mourning?
4. King was stabbed while in which city?
5. What was one of the demands that MIA made of the city?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)