|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which university had the front doors blocked to keep several black students from registering?
(a) Emory University.
(b) Marquette University.
(c) University of Alabama.
(d) University of California.
2. Why did the bus boycott not end when the bus company was losing so much money?
(a) The city refused to compromise.
(b) A judge ordered the continuation of the boycott.
(c) The Albany Movement wanted to crush the bus company.
(d) The bus company prefered to go out of business.
3. Who took King's place as the president of MIA?
4. Who made a speech on the day before the march that upset the White House?
(a) Fred Shuttlesworth.
(b) Ralph Abernathy.
(c) Robert Williams.
(d) John Lewis.
5. The bus boycott took away what percentage of bus riders?
(a) 10 percent.
(b) 70 percent.
(c) 25 percent.
(d) 50 percent..
6. What did King want the Kennedy Administration to issue?
(a) A segregation bill.
(b) A Second Emancipation Proclamation.
(c) An apology for Jim Crow.
(d) Reparations for slavery.
7. Who rebuked King's attempt to organize a day of mourning?
(a) Roy Wilkins.
(b) Ralph Abernathy.
(c) Julian Bond.
(d) Medgar Evers.
8. When King was pulled over while driving, what did he not have?
(a) Proof of Insurance.
(b) A Georgia driver's license.
(c) A voter's registration card.
(d) Car insurance.
9. King was stabbed while in which city?
(b) New York.
10. On February 1, 1960, how many students staged a sit-in at a lunch counter in Greensboro?
11. Why did a riot break out?
(a) The bombs killed 35 people.
(b) Whites attacked several blacks on the way to church.
(c) The city went back on its agreement.
(d) The state troopers had moved from the site of the bombings.
12. What was not included in the boycotts in Albany?
(a) Public transportation.
(b) The library.
(c) Retail stores.
13. King's father and grandfather were involved in what profession?
14. Why was the first meeting about the bus boycott somewhat disastrous?
(a) The small number of people who attended.
(b) The police who showed up to arrest King.
(c) The ego of the leaders.
(d) The bomb that was found.
15. The Crusade for Citizenship was focused on what?
(a) Bus desegregation.
(b) A civil rights bill.
(c) Voter registration.
(d) School desegregation.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did King hold a prayer-in?
2. King announced that a Second Emancipation Proclamation would be delivered where?
3. What was one of the demands that MIA made of the city?
4. What organization was formed in Albany to fight racism?
5. Why were SNCC members upset with King?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)