|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did King hold a prayer-in?
(a) The library.
(b) Police headquarters.
(c) The courthouse.
(d) A motel restaurant.
2. Before the March, there were leaks from the FBI claiming that the March was being fueled by whom?
(a) The Democratic Party.
(b) The Republican Party.
(c) The Green Party.
(d) The Communist Party.
3. Martin Luther King, Jr. was the pastor of what church?
(a) Grace Lutheran Church.
(b) Dexter Avenue Baptist Church.
(c) North Atlanta Congregational Church.
(d) St. Mary Magdalene Episcopal Church.
4. Who filed a federal court case that would challenge bus segregation head-on?
(a) Robert Graetz.
(b) Martin Luther King, Jr.
(c) Fred Gray.
(d) Rosa Parks.
5. Why was the first meeting about the bus boycott somewhat disastrous?
(a) The ego of the leaders.
(b) The bomb that was found.
(c) The police who showed up to arrest King.
(d) The small number of people who attended.
6. Who was chosen as the organizational president?
(a) Jo Ann Robinson.
(b) Martin Luther King, Jr.
(c) Ralph D. Abernathy.
(d) E.D. Nixon.
7. King became the assistant pastor at what church?
(a) South Atlanta Methodist.
(b) Second Methodist.
(c) Emmanuel Baptist.
(d) Ebenezer Baptist.
8. What was left on King's front porch in January, 1957?
(b) Hate mail.
(c) A dead rabbit.
(d) A lawsuit over the boycott.
9. When King was placed in isolation, who did Wyatt Walker ask for help?
(b) The governor.
(c) King's father.
(d) The White House.
10. The white merchants resisted what aim?
(a) Desegregating the city government.
(b) Desegregating the retail stores.
(c) Having fair hiring practices in the retail stores.
(d) The formation of a biracial committee.
11. Which country did King attend the independence ceremonies in?
(c) South Africa.
12. Why was their a rivalry between SNCC and the NAACP?
(a) SNCC wanted to control the actions in Albany.
(b) The NAACP wanted to control the actions in Albany.
(c) They both staged a sit-in at the same time in different locations, making people choose between the two.
(d) Both groups wanted King to commit to their actions.
13. King's sentence was suspended on what condition?
(a) He stop all protests in the US.
(b) He remain out of trouble.
(c) He meet with the Kennedy Adminstration.
(d) He leave Birmingham.
14. Who did King marry?
15. The Crusade for Citizenship was focused on what?
(a) School desegregation.
(b) Voter registration.
(c) A civil rights bill.
(d) Bus desegregation.
Short Answer Questions
1. Robert Kennedy got a federal injunction against which group to keep them from harassing the bus riders?
2. How long was King sentenced to jail for violating his probation?
3. Why did Rustin resign?
4. Where did King and his family move to?
5. Sherrod and Reagon moved their base of operations to which city?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)