|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. King announced that a Second Emancipation Proclamation would be delivered where?
(a) The US Congress.
(b) The White House.
(c) The Mayor of Atlanta.
(d) The United Nations.
2. The four major Civil Rights organizations joined together to create what organization?
(a) US Justice Project.
(b) Voter Education Project.
(c) Southern Racism Project.
(d) Freedom Riders Project.
3. What fine did King receive in the state boycott trial?
4. Who was the most important person in King's life as a child?
(a) His father.
(b) His sister.
(c) His grandmother.
(d) His uncle.
5. Which organization was formed to oversee the boycott and legal maneuvering?
(a) Atlanta Race Initiative.
(b) Memphis Equality Association.
(c) Montgomery Improvement Association.
(d) Savannah Civil Rights Campaign.
6. At the meeting with Kennedy, the President told King to distance himself from whom?
7. King was invited to be a guest on which program?
(c) 60 Minutes.
(d) Meet the Press.
8. Why was the first meeting about the bus boycott somewhat disastrous?
(a) The bomb that was found.
(b) The police who showed up to arrest King.
(c) The ego of the leaders.
(d) The small number of people who attended.
9. Which country did King attend the independence ceremonies in?
(d) South Africa.
10. What was left on King's front porch in January, 1957?
(a) A lawsuit over the boycott.
(b) Hate mail.
(c) A dead rabbit.
11. Who rebuked King's attempt to organize a day of mourning?
(a) Julian Bond.
(b) Roy Wilkins.
(c) Medgar Evers.
(d) Ralph Abernathy.
12. Stanley Levison was connected to what party?
(a) Socialist Party.
(b) Libertarian Party.
(c) Republican Party.
(d) Communist Party.
13. The focus of the Birmingham protests was on what?
(a) A bus station.
(b) A Baptist church.
(c) The courthouse.
(d) Department stores.
14. King became the assistant pastor at what church?
(a) Emmanuel Baptist.
(b) Second Methodist.
(c) South Atlanta Methodist.
(d) Ebenezer Baptist.
15. What did people blame King for?
(a) Stealing money from SNCC.
(b) A lack of change in Albany.
(c) The failure of the Civil Rights Act.
(d) Being a communist.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was chosen as the organizational president?
2. What happened on January 30, 1956?
3. Who went with King to meet with Nixon?
4. Who took King's place as the president of MIA?
5. Why did negotiations fail with the city officials?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)