|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What organization removed King from office?
(c) National Baptist Convention.
2. Stanley Levison was connected to what party?
(a) Republican Party.
(b) Communist Party.
(c) Libertarian Party.
(d) Socialist Party.
3. What SCLC program was to reach out more readily to the public?
(a) Crusade for Sponsors.
(c) Future Program.
(d) Hands across America.
4. King was invited to be a guest on which program?
(b) Meet the Press.
(c) 60 Minutes.
5. Who was discovered to have been sent to Montgomery by a New York organization?
6. Why did a riot break out?
(a) The state troopers had moved from the site of the bombings.
(b) The city went back on its agreement.
(c) The bombs killed 35 people.
(d) Whites attacked several blacks on the way to church.
7. In what state was the governor fighting integration of a high school?
8. King became the assistant pastor at what church?
(a) South Atlanta Methodist.
(b) Emmanuel Baptist.
(c) Second Methodist.
(d) Ebenezer Baptist.
9. Segregation on the city buses officially ended when?
(a) March 29.
(b) December 20.
(c) June 3.
(d) October 14.
10. Why were SNCC members upset with King?
(a) They felt he was getting too much credit for the sit-ins.
(b) He wanted to end the Freedom Rides.
(c) He tried to usurp the president of the group.
(d) They felt he was doing too much in the organization.
11. What fine did King receive in the state boycott trial?
12. King was stabbed while in which city?
(a) New York.
13. King announced that the Crusade for Citizenship would hold how many rallies simultaneously?
14. Why did Rustin resign?
(a) Clayton threatened to say that Rustin and King were lovers.
(b) He was angry with King about the direction of the SCLC.
(c) Rustin was caught at a communist meeting.
(d) He was recovering from stab wounds after a woman attacked him.
15. How many people were arrested at the trial for the arrested SNCC train riders?
Short Answer Questions
1. The bus trip from Washington to New Orleans by an integrated group of students was known as what?
2. The first federal Civil Rights Act did what?
3. Why was their a rivalry between SNCC and the NAACP?
4. What magazine did King's picture appear on in 1957?
5. Who came to the attention of the FBI at the Youth March for Integrated Schools?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)