|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The four major Civil Rights organizations joined together to create what organization?
(a) Voter Education Project.
(b) Freedom Riders Project.
(c) US Justice Project.
(d) Southern Racism Project.
2. Where did King and his family move to?
3. What was the turnout like at the March to Washington?
(a) It exceeded expectations.
(b) It met expectations.
(c) It was much less than expectations.
(d) It was less than expectations.
4. Which university had the front doors blocked to keep several black students from registering?
(a) Emory University.
(b) University of Alabama.
(c) Marquette University.
(d) University of California.
5. Who advised King to distance himself from Levison?
(a) Coretta Scott King.
(b) Robert Kennedy.
(c) Ralph Abernathy.
(d) Richard Nixon.
6. King announced that a Second Emancipation Proclamation would be delivered where?
(a) The US Congress.
(b) The Mayor of Atlanta.
(c) The United Nations.
(d) The White House.
7. What fine did King receive in the state boycott trial?
8. How many protesters were arrested during the first day of the Birmingham protests?
9. What organization removed King from office?
(d) National Baptist Convention.
10. What magazine did King's picture appear on in 1957?
(c) Sports Illustrated.
(d) Good Housekeeping.
11. What SCLC program was to reach out more readily to the public?
(a) Future Program.
(b) Hands across America.
(c) Crusade for Sponsors.
12. Who was hired to oversee the Crusade for Citizenship rallies, but then let go because of rumors of his homosexuality and communist connections?
(a) Rocco Siciliano.
(b) Bayard Rustin.
(c) Ralph Abernathy.
(d) Martin Luther King, Jr.
13. Who did King visit with in New York about the Washington Pilgrimage?
(a) Michael du Bois.
(b) Wayne Brown.
(c) Andrew Joyce.
(d) Roy Wilkins.
14. King wanted the Birmingham protests to start after what?
(a) The elections.
(b) The new year.
(c) The opening of a new department store.
(d) The March on Washington.
15. Who went with King to meet with Nixon?
Short Answer Questions
1. The Crusade for Citizenship was focused on what?
2. Who paid King and Abernathy's fine?
3. In what state was the governor fighting integration of a high school?
4. Who made a speech on the day before the march that upset the White House?
5. Who took King's place as the president of MIA?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)