|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many protesters were arrested during the first day of the Birmingham protests?
2. What was the turnout like at the March to Washington?
(a) It exceeded expectations.
(b) It was much less than expectations.
(c) It met expectations.
(d) It was less than expectations.
3. What was one of the demands that MIA made of the city?
(a) White passengers should have to stand when blacks were present.
(b) Buses should be reserved for blacks only.
(c) The bus company should hire black drivers too.
(d) The buses should be filled front to back for blacks.
4. What magazine did King's picture appear on in 1957?
(a) Sports Illustrated.
(c) Good Housekeeping.
5. On February 1, 1960, how many students staged a sit-in at a lunch counter in Greensboro?
6. Where was King when a grand jury began handing out indictments against MIA leaders for breaking laws against unlawful boycotts?
(d) San Fransisco.
7. The white merchants resisted what aim?
(a) Having fair hiring practices in the retail stores.
(b) Desegregating the city government.
(c) Desegregating the retail stores.
(d) The formation of a biracial committee.
8. Who was chosen as the organizational president?
(a) Jo Ann Robinson.
(b) Martin Luther King, Jr.
(c) E.D. Nixon.
(d) Ralph D. Abernathy.
9. What did people blame King for?
(a) Being a communist.
(b) The failure of the Civil Rights Act.
(c) A lack of change in Albany.
(d) Stealing money from SNCC.
10. What organization removed King from office?
(b) National Baptist Convention.
11. Robert Kennedy got a federal injunction against which group to keep them from harassing the bus riders?
(a) The Nazi Party.
(b) The KKK.
(c) The SCLC.
(d) The Masons.
12. The bus boycott took away what percentage of bus riders?
(a) 10 percent.
(b) 50 percent..
(c) 25 percent.
(d) 70 percent.
13. How many people were arrested at the trial for the arrested SNCC train riders?
14. King announced that a Second Emancipation Proclamation would be delivered where?
(a) The Mayor of Atlanta.
(b) The United Nations.
(c) The White House.
(d) The US Congress.
15. Who did King marry?
Short Answer Questions
1. King's father and grandfather were involved in what profession?
2. Which college did King attend?
3. Why were SNCC members upset with King?
4. When King was pulled over while driving, what did he not have?
5. What organizations did the students form out of the lunch counter sit-ins?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)