|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which country did King attend the independence ceremonies in?
(c) South Africa.
2. Who went with King to meet with Nixon?
3. Who was hired to oversee the Crusade for Citizenship rallies, but then let go because of rumors of his homosexuality and communist connections?
(a) Martin Luther King, Jr.
(b) Rocco Siciliano.
(c) Bayard Rustin.
(d) Ralph Abernathy.
4. How long was King sentenced to jail for violating his probation?
(a) 4 months.
(b) 9 months.
(c) 8 days.
(d) 5 years.
5. Who came to the attention of the FBI at the Youth March for Integrated Schools?
6. King's sentence was suspended on what condition?
(a) He remain out of trouble.
(b) He meet with the Kennedy Adminstration.
(c) He leave Birmingham.
(d) He stop all protests in the US.
7. Why did negotiations fail with the city officials?
(a) They refused to drop the charges against the protesters.
(b) They refused to set up a biracial committee.
(c) They refused to desegregate the city government.
(d) They refused to stop using fire hoses on protesters.
8. King announced that a Second Emancipation Proclamation would be delivered where?
(a) The United Nations.
(b) The White House.
(c) The Mayor of Atlanta.
(d) The US Congress.
9. How many people were arrested at the trial for the arrested SNCC train riders?
10. King was stabbed while in which city?
(c) New York.
11. What organizations did the students form out of the lunch counter sit-ins?
(a) Student Non-violent Coordinating Committee.
(b) Crusade for Citizenship.
(c) Hands Across America.
(d) National Youths Against Racism.
12. Segregation on the city buses officially ended when?
(a) December 20.
(b) June 3.
(c) March 29.
(d) October 14.
13. Where did King hold a prayer-in?
(a) The library.
(b) The courthouse.
(c) Police headquarters.
(d) A motel restaurant.
14. The Crusade for Citizenship was focused on what?
(a) Voter registration.
(b) Bus desegregation.
(c) A civil rights bill.
(d) School desegregation.
15. The SCLC teamed up with what organization to train students to teach citizenship schools?
(a) The American Cultural Club.
(b) The Highlander Folk School.
(c) The Montgomery Voter Association.
(d) The Baptist Civic Organization.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which organization was formed to oversee the boycott and legal maneuvering?
2. The first federal Civil Rights Act did what?
3. The white merchants resisted what aim?
4. What fine did King receive in the state boycott trial?
5. Who was discovered to have been sent to Montgomery by a New York organization?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)