|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, Chicago and the 'War on Slums', 1965-1966.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was their a rivalry between SNCC and the NAACP?
(a) They both staged a sit-in at the same time in different locations, making people choose between the two.
(b) Both groups wanted King to commit to their actions.
(c) SNCC wanted to control the actions in Albany.
(d) The NAACP wanted to control the actions in Albany.
2. Who filed a federal court case that would challenge bus segregation head-on?
(a) Martin Luther King, Jr.
(b) Rosa Parks.
(c) Robert Graetz.
(d) Fred Gray.
3. Who approved several wiretaps on King's personal phone lines?
(a) Gerald Ford.
(b) J. Edgar Hoover.
(c) Ralph Abernathy.
(d) Robert Kennedy.
4. What did Meredith want to encourage with this walk?
(a) Ending bus segregation.
(b) Black voter turnout.
(c) The war in Vietnam.
(d) Black poverty.
5. Who did King marry?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who rejected the idea that potential voters should sign a book so they could be received in order?
2. King was warned of an attempt on his life during a visit to where?
3. Who did King speak with about the bombing, suggesting that a strong stand needed to be taken?
4. Who paid King and Abernathy's fine?
5. Before the March, there were leaks from the FBI claiming that the March was being fueled by whom?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)