|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, Chicago and the 'War on Slums', 1965-1966.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was the first meeting about the bus boycott somewhat disastrous?
(a) The ego of the leaders.
(b) The bomb that was found.
(c) The police who showed up to arrest King.
(d) The small number of people who attended.
2. King planned a march to which city?
(b) Washington D.C.
(c) New York.
3. The grand jury in St. Augustine said they would agree to form a biracial committee after the Civil Rights activists did what?
(a) SNCC ceased its demonstrations.
(b) The swim-ins stop.
(c) King and other outside leaders left town.
(d) The President told them to.
4. At the SCLC convention, King suggested which city as the next one for protests?
(c) New Orleans.
5. Who took King's place as the president of MIA?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why were SNCC members upset with King?
2. Who did King speak with about the bombing, suggesting that a strong stand needed to be taken?
3. Why was there an uproar in the Chicago press about King?
4. The four major Civil Rights organizations joined together to create what organization?
5. King wanted the Birmingham protests to start after what?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)