|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, Chicago and the 'War on Slums', 1965-1966.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which college did King attend?
(a) Emory University.
(b) Georgetown University.
(c) University of Georgia..
(d) Morehouse College.
2. King became the assistant pastor at what church?
(a) South Atlanta Methodist.
(b) Emmanuel Baptist.
(c) Second Methodist.
(d) Ebenezer Baptist.
3. Which city was chosen for SCLC demonstrations because of its noncompliance to the Civil Rights Law of 1964?
4. Why did negotiations fail with the city officials?
(a) They refused to desegregate the city government.
(b) They refused to stop using fire hoses on protesters.
(c) They refused to set up a biracial committee.
(d) They refused to drop the charges against the protesters.
5. Who rebuked King's attempt to organize a day of mourning?
(a) Ralph Abernathy.
(b) Julian Bond.
(c) Roy Wilkins.
(d) Medgar Evers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the turnout like at the March to Washington?
2. Tensions between the SCLC and which group grew during 1963 and 1964?
3. Where did King and his family move to?
4. In 1964, King learned that he had won what?
5. A picture appeared in national newspapers showing what, which spread word of the violence in Selma?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)