|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, Chicago and the 'War on Slums', 1965-1966.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many protesters were arrested during the first day of the Birmingham protests?
2. At the SCLC convention, King suggested which city as the next one for protests?
(d) New Orleans.
3. Which SNCC leader presented a Proposal for Action which would develop an army of sorts?
(a) Bob Moses.
(b) John Lewis.
(c) Diane Bevel.
(d) Ella Baker.
4. In St. Augustine, King was arrested for what?
(a) Tax evasion.
(c) Conspiracy to commit murder.
(d) Delinquency of a minor.
5. Where did King and the potential voters refuse to vacate the sidewalk?
(a) The courthouse.
(b) The police station.
(c) The hospital.
(d) The chamber of commerce.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did King feel about his meeting with President Johnson?
2. King was approached by activists in which Florida city to help them garner support in the SCLC for demonstrations?
3. Who went with King to meet with Nixon?
4. What compromise in Selma was King criticized for?
5. The bus trip from Washington to New Orleans by an integrated group of students was known as what?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)