|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, The Birth of the SCLC, 1957-1959.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to King at a book signing in New York?
(a) The store was bombed..
(b) He received the Nobel Peace Prize.
(c) He was stabbed.
(d) He met the President.
2. In what state was the governor fighting integration of a high school?
3. Who took King's place as the president of MIA?
4. Who was asked to vacate her seat on a city bus for a white passenger?
(a) Betty Shabazz.
(b) Fannie Lou Hamer.
(c) Abigail Jenson.
(d) Rosa Parks.
5. What SCLC program was to reach out more readily to the public?
(a) Hands across America.
(c) Future Program.
(d) Crusade for Sponsors.
Short Answer Questions
1. King was stabbed while in which city?
2. What was one of the demands that MIA made of the city?
3. King announced that the Crusade for Citizenship would hold how many rallies simultaneously?
4. What happened on January 30, 1956?
5. Martin Luther King, Jr. was the pastor of what church?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)