|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, The Birth of the SCLC, 1957-1959.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What magazine did King's picture appear on in 1957?
(a) Sports Illustrated.
(c) Good Housekeeping.
2. Where did King and his family move to?
3. Who was the most important person in King's life as a child?
(a) His grandmother.
(b) His uncle.
(c) His father.
(d) His sister.
4. King's father and grandfather were involved in what profession?
5. What presidency did King turn down due to church and family responsibilities?
(a) The local Masons chapter.
(b) The local Elks chapter.
(c) The local ACLU chapter.
(d) The local NAACP chapter.
Short Answer Questions
1. The first federal Civil Rights Act did what?
2. What was one of the demands that MIA made of the city?
3. Martin Luther King, Jr. was the pastor of what church?
4. Where was King when a grand jury began handing out indictments against MIA leaders for breaking laws against unlawful boycotts?
5. The Crusade for Citizenship was focused on what?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)