|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, The Birth of the SCLC, 1957-1959.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the most important person in King's life as a child?
(a) His uncle.
(b) His father.
(c) His grandmother.
(d) His sister.
2. The Crusade for Citizenship was focused on what?
(a) School desegregation.
(b) Voter registration.
(c) Bus desegregation.
(d) A civil rights bill.
3. In February 1959, King and his wife traveled to see sites made famous by whom?
(c) King Tut.
(d) Genghis Khan.
4. Segregation on the city buses officially ended when?
(a) October 14.
(b) March 29.
(c) December 20.
(d) June 3.
5. What magazine did King's picture appear on in 1957?
(a) Good Housekeeping.
(d) Sports Illustrated.
Short Answer Questions
1. King's father and grandfather were involved in what profession?
2. The first federal Civil Rights Act did what?
3. Why was the first meeting about the bus boycott somewhat disastrous?
4. What fine did King receive in the state boycott trial?
5. Martin Luther King, Jr. was the pastor of what church?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)