|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, The Birth of the SCLC, 1957-1959.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What fine did King receive in the state boycott trial?
2. Segregation on the city buses officially ended when?
(a) March 29.
(b) June 3.
(c) October 14.
(d) December 20.
3. King was stabbed while in which city?
(b) New York.
4. Which country did King attend the independence ceremonies in?
(d) South Africa.
5. What presidency did King turn down due to church and family responsibilities?
(a) The local Elks chapter.
(b) The local Masons chapter.
(c) The local ACLU chapter.
(d) The local NAACP chapter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was chosen as the organizational president?
2. What was left on King's front porch in January, 1957?
3. Who was hired to oversee the Crusade for Citizenship rallies, but then let go because of rumors of his homosexuality and communist connections?
4. Who was the most important person in King's life as a child?
5. Why was the first meeting about the bus boycott somewhat disastrous?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)