|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Esteban believe has happened to Ismene?
2. What place had Lou Ann avoided since Dwayne Ray was born?
3. Where does Turtle go while Taylor was away with Mattie, Esteban and Esperanza?
4. Where do Esteban, Esperanza and Taylor get stopped when Taylor is driving them?
5. How long will it be before legal action is taken regarding Turtle's adoption?
Essay Topic 1
In Chapter 1, Taylor finds herself in a Cherokee Nation. Though Taylor and her mother's bother have Cherokee blood in them, Taylor seems disappointed with the town. Why does Taylor feels this way? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Relationships are a large part of the novel. Choose a relationship to analyze. Answer the following questions: What is the driving force behind this relationship? Do these characters get along? Why or why not? How has this relationship help the form the personality of each character involved?
Essay Topic 3
In Chapter 11, the reader sees a change in Lou Ann's character. She tells Taylor of a dream that she has. An angel comes to her and tells her that Dwayne Ray will not live to see the year 2000. Lou Ann also reads her horoscope that says she will take advice from a stranger. Lou Ann believes that this stranger is the angel. What do you believe to be the significance of these events?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)