Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Esteban believe has happened to Ismene?
2. What place had Lou Ann avoided since Dwayne Ray was born?
3. Where does Turtle go while Taylor was away with Mattie, Esteban and Esperanza?
4. Where do Esteban, Esperanza and Taylor get stopped when Taylor is driving them?
5. How long will it be before legal action is taken regarding Turtle's adoption?
In Chapter 13, Taylor receives news that she may lose Turtle due to the legal adoption system. Taylor has grown attached to Turtle, yet it is still a tough decision as to whether or not she should give Turtle up to the authorities. Why is the decision so difficult for Taylor, given the knowledge on the relationship between Taylor and Turtle?
Mattie is a strong older woman who appears to be very wise. Kingsolver uses Mattie as a vessel to project socio-political ideals. Do you believe that Mattie is a surrogate for Kingsolver? Why or why not?
In Chapter 11, the reader sees a change in Lou Ann's character. She tells Taylor of a dream that she has. An angel comes to her and tells her that Dwayne Ray will not live to see the year 2000. Lou Ann also reads her horoscope that says she will take advice from a stranger. Lou Ann believes that this stranger is the angel. What do you believe to be the significance of these events?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)