|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lou Ann believe will happen to California?
2. Where does Lou Ann get a job?
3. What point in the year is it in Chapter 10?
4. What does Mattie hand to Taylor before she begins her trip with Esteban and Esperanza in Chapter 13?
5. Where is the setting at the beginning of Chapter 16?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1In Chapter 1, Taylor finds herself in a Cherokee Nation. Though Taylor and her mother's bother have Cherokee blood in them, Taylor seems disappointed with the town. Why does Taylor feels this way? Explain.
Essay Topic 2How does Taylor change throughout the novel? How do her ideas change, and which characters have spawned the most change in Taylor?
Essay Topic 3Relationships are a large part of the novel. Choose a relationship to analyze. Answer the following questions: What is the driving force behind this relationship? Do these characters get along? Why or why not? How has this relationship help the form the personality of each character involved?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)