|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character claims that they are on a "blind date with destiny" during a trip they are taking together?
2. What type of car does Taylor take in Chapter 13?
3. To where to Mattie, Taylor, Esteban and Esperanza go at the beginning of Chapter 12?
4. What does Lou Ann bring to Taylor's bedroom in Chapter 12?
5. Where is Lou Ann during Esperanza's attempted suicide?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
At the close of Chapter 4, Bobby Bingo, a vegetable salesman warns Lou Ann, telling her "Whatever you want the most, it's going to be the worst thing for you." What does Bobby mean by this comment? What is the thing Lou Ann wants the most? And why would that be bad for her?
Essay Topic 2
How does Taylor change throughout the novel? How do her ideas change, and which characters have spawned the most change in Taylor?
Essay Topic 3
Relationships are a large part of the novel. Choose a relationship to analyze. Answer the following questions: What is the driving force behind this relationship? Do these characters get along? Why or why not? How has this relationship help the form the personality of each character involved?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)