|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 13, Mrs. Parsons signals to a flower. When does this flower bloom?
2. What does Mattie hand to Taylor before she begins her trip with Esteban and Esperanza in Chapter 13?
3. What does Lou Ann believe will happen to California?
4. In Chapter 11, Lou Ann receives a package. Who is it from?
5. What does Taylor do when she wakes up next to Esteban?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Relationships are a large part of the novel. Choose a relationship to analyze. Answer the following questions: What is the driving force behind this relationship? Do these characters get along? Why or why not? How has this relationship help the form the personality of each character involved?
Essay Topic 2
In Chapter 13, Taylor receives news that she may lose Turtle due to the legal adoption system. Taylor has grown attached to Turtle, yet it is still a tough decision as to whether or not she should give Turtle up to the authorities. Why is the decision so difficult for Taylor, given the knowledge on the relationship between Taylor and Turtle?
Essay Topic 3
At the close of Chapter 4, Bobby Bingo, a vegetable salesman warns Lou Ann, telling her "Whatever you want the most, it's going to be the worst thing for you." What does Bobby mean by this comment? What is the thing Lou Ann wants the most? And why would that be bad for her?
This section contains 1,046 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)