|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What school group was Taylor a part of in high school?
2. How many wishes does Taylor make while on her drive with Esteban and Esperanza?
3. What does Turtle yell when passing a cemetery?
4. What does Lou Ann believe the old woman gives her when they see each other at the market?
5. How many times a week does Taylor visit Cynthia?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
With which character in the novel do you most closely identify? Why? How do their world views compare to your own?
Essay Topic 2
Throughout the novel Taylor's perception of men is ambiguous. They do not seem to be an important part in her life. The novel's character list also consists mainly of women. It is not until Esteban is introduced that the reader meets a good man. After meeting Esteban, Taylor's ideas about men change. How do they change? What do you think the author is trying to suggest by her placement of men within the novel? Why?
Essay Topic 3
In Chapter 8, Taylor learns from Estevan that Roosevelt Park actually was named for Eleanor, rather than Franklin or Theodore. What could Taylor's prior notions regarding the park mean? Why is the fact important to the story? Why did the author decided to incorporate it? Explain.
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)