|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comes to Lou Ann in dreams to give her the predictions about Dwayne Ray?
2. What does Taylor do when she wakes up next to Esteban?
3. How much time does Lou Ann take off work to stay home with Taylor?
4. What is Lou Ann involved in during Chapter 10?
5. What does Taylor try to chase outside after she returns from her trip?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Mattie is a strong older woman who appears to be very wise. Kingsolver uses Mattie as a vessel to project socio-political ideals. Do you believe that Mattie is a surrogate for Kingsolver? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
How does Taylor change throughout the novel? How do her ideas change, and which characters have spawned the most change in Taylor?
Essay Topic 3
In Chapter 8, Taylor learns from Estevan that Roosevelt Park actually was named for Eleanor, rather than Franklin or Theodore. What could Taylor's prior notions regarding the park mean? Why is the fact important to the story? Why did the author decided to incorporate it? Explain.
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)