|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What school group was Scotty a part of?
2. Where will Turtle be taken if Taylor cannot adopt her?
3. How many times a week does Taylor visit Cynthia?
4. Where are Esteban and Taylor curled up in Chapter 9?
5. What was keeping Lou Ann and Taylor awake at night in Chapter 11?
Essay Topic 1
Maternal qualities are presented throughout the novel. Do you think Taylor possess some maternal qualities? Is this something important to Taylor? Does she work to build on her maternal instincts? Could her relationship with her own mother influenced these maternal qualities?
Essay Topic 2
In Chapter 1, Taylor finds herself in a Cherokee Nation. Though Taylor and her mother's bother have Cherokee blood in them, Taylor seems disappointed with the town. Why does Taylor feels this way? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Esteban and Angel are the most prominent male characters in text; however, they are very different from one another. Compare and contrast Angel and Esteban. What do they each symbolize in the novel?
This section contains 1,004 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)