|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal is making the sound that the characters hear in Chapter 12?
2. How long will it be before legal action is taken regarding Turtle's adoption?
(a) Three months.
(b) One month.
(c) A few days.
(d) Three weeks.
3. What is the significance of the day that Mattie, Taylor, Esperanza and Esteban travel in Chapter 12?
(a) The beginning of hunting season.
(b) Native American New Year.
(c) The first day of summer.
4. Where is Lou Ann during Esperanza's attempted suicide?
(a) With her in-laws.
(b) The beach.
(c) The mountains.
(d) With her mother and grandmother.
5. Where does Turtle go while Taylor was away with Mattie, Esteban and Esperanza?
(a) The grocery store.
(b) The lake.
(c) The park.
(d) The pool.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Lou Ann's brother see himself in the future?
2. What does Lou Ann bring to Taylor's bedroom in Chapter 12?
3. What does Turtle say to Esteban when he gives her a pep talk in Chapter 16?
4. Which character claims that they are on a "blind date with destiny" during a trip they are taking together?
5. Who do Lou Ann and her brother look to in order to view the future?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)