|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Esteban and Esperanza lose before leaving their country?
(a) Esperanza's wedding rings.
(b) Their daughter.
(c) Their money.
(d) Their immigration papers.
2. Who is Cynthia?
(a) Mattie's new employee.
(b) Taylor's best friend.
(c) The social worker.
(d) A lawyer.
3. Where is the setting at the beginning of Chapter 16?
(b) A law office.
(c) The lake.
(d) A hospital.
4. What was keeping Lou Ann and Taylor awake at night in Chapter 11?
(a) Roosters crowing.
(b) The neighbors.
(d) The heat.
5. What animal is making the sound that the characters hear in Chapter 12?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Turtle yell when passing a cemetery?
2. What is lying dead in the center line of the road as Taylor drives with Esteban and Esperanza late in the novel?
3. Where does Esteban claim Turtle was born while dealing with the adoption?
4. Virgie Mae Parsons points to a flower in Chapter 13. What happens to the flower if it is touched?
5. What type of car does Taylor take in Chapter 13?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)