|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is lying dead in the center line of the road as Taylor drives with Esteban and Esperanza late in the novel?
(a) A squirrel.
(b) A blue jay.
(c) A blackbird.
(d) A cardinal.
2. Which character claims that they are on a "blind date with destiny" during a trip they are taking together?
(a) Lou Ann.
3. In Chapter 13, Mrs. Parsons signals to a flower. When does this flower bloom?
(a) At night.
(c) In the daytime.
4. What happened to Scotty?
(a) He died tragically.
(b) He killed himself.
(c) He made a lot of money and moved away.
(d) He committed murder.
5. How much time does Lou Ann take off work to stay home with Taylor?
(a) Three days.
(b) A week.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) Two days.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Turtle go while Taylor was away with Mattie, Esteban and Esperanza?
2. What type of car does Taylor take in Chapter 13?
3. Who is Cynthia?
4. What does Taylor realize about Edna in Chapter 10?
5. What does Turtle say to Esteban when he gives her a pep talk in Chapter 16?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)