|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Esteban use before engaging in a dance while on a trip with Esperanza, Taylor and Mattie?
(a) A handshake.
(b) A handkerchief.
(c) A song.
(d) A rose.
2. What point in the year is it in Chapter 10?
3. What does Taylor try to chase outside after she returns from her trip?
(a) A bird.
(b) A cat.
(d) A mouse.
4. Why did Esperanza and Esteban need to look different in Chapter 16?
(a) Because they need to look like stage performers.
(b) Because they needed people to believe that they were very poor.
(c) They needed to convince others that they are brother and sister.
(d) They needed to pretend to be makeup artists.
5. What does the characters stop to smell in Chapter 12?
(a) Each other.
(b) The sand.
(c) The flowers.
(d) The rain.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Lou Ann's brother see himself in the future?
2. What news does Taylor receive at the beginning of chapter 10?
3. Where will Taylor drive Esperanza Esteban in Chapter 13?
4. How many times a week does Taylor visit Cynthia?
5. Who is Cynthia?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)