|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Esteban and Esperanza have to wear during the adoption meeting?
(a) Face makeup.
(c) Elaborate costumes.
(d) Old, grubby clothes.
2. What does Esteban believe has happened to Ismene?
(a) She was tortured.
(b) She was sentenced to death.
(c) She was left on the streets.
(d) She was adopted and given a good home.
3. What does Turtle yell when passing a cemetery?
(c) Bean trees.
4. What school group was Taylor a part of in high school?
(d) Pink Ladies.
5. Who is Cynthia?
(a) A lawyer.
(b) The social worker.
(c) Taylor's best friend.
(d) Mattie's new employee.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Turtle say as she points to the plants in the garden?
2. What animal is making the sound that the characters hear in Chapter 12?
3. Who was Esteban protecting before he fled his country?
4. To where to Mattie, Taylor, Esteban and Esperanza go at the beginning of Chapter 12?
5. What does Virgie Mae Parsons claim the images of the flower represent ?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)