|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Taylor chosen for the job in her hometown?
(a) She was best qualified for the job.
(b) She had been promoted from a previous job.
(c) She was the first student to ask.
(d) She promised to do a good job if chosen.
2. What words does Lou Ann use to describe Taylor in Chapter 5?
(a) Loving, caring.
(b) Naive, lovely.
(c) Smart, cute, skinny.
(d) Tall, lanky, pretty.
3. When is Lou Ann's child due?
(a) Two months.
(b) Three months.
(c) Six months.
(d) Eight months.
4. What was Esteban's profession before coming to the United States?
(b) English teacher.
(c) Spanish techer.
5. From what point of view is Chapter Two narrated?
(a) First Person.
(b) Limited Omniscient.
(d) Third Person.
Short Answer Questions
1. Into which type of container does Granny Logan place Dwayne Ray's baptism water?
2. What pops into Taylor's head when the man brings the Spanish-speaking people to Mattie's?
3. How does Taylor come to realize that the child given to her in Chapter 1 is alive?
4. What does Lou Ann want to do after realizing that Angel has left her?
5. What are Taylor's favorite colors?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Lou Ann avoid Lee Sing's market? Explain.
2. Why is Lou Ann waiting for Taylor when she returns from her trip to the desert? What does Lou Ann have to say?
3. Describe the steps in which Taylor attempts to build a "family".
4. What type of store does Mattie own and how did it get its name?
5. Describe Lou Ann's character at the beginning of Chapter 2.
6. Who does Taylor invite to dinner in cCapter 7? Why? What do they do?
7. In Chapter 4, Bobby Bingo tells Lou Ann that "Whatever you want the most, it's going to be the worst thing for you." How does Lou Ann feel about this?
8. Taylor begins looking for a roommate in Chapter 5. Describe the people Taylor meets after searching the want ads.
9. Why does Taylor look down on Esperanza for attempting suicide?
10. How does Taylor react to Cynthia's news in Chapter 13?
This section contains 912 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)