|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what is Bobby Bingo's son well known?
(a) His prices.
(b) His crazy commercials.
(c) His loud voice.
(d) His skills and knowledge.
2. What year was the dial-up phone system installed in Taylor's hometown?
3. From where does the baptism water come?
(a) The Mississippi River.
(b) The Thames River.
(c) The Tug Fork River.
(d) The Pot Luck River.
4. Taylor returns home from a hard day at work for Mattie. What is Lou Ann reading when Taylor arrives home?
(a) A self help book.
(b) A baby name book.
(c) A book on divorce.
(d) A gossip magazine.
5. What is the name of Lou Ann's cat?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which literary theme is prevalent throughout Chapter 2?
2. What does Taylor confess to Mattie in Chapter 3?
3. What does Lou Ann wear to bed the night Angel leaves her?
4. What is Taylor's mother doing that she disagrees with?
5. What date is it when Chapter 3 begins?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lou Ann believe to be Turtle's given name? Why?
2. Turtle says "Mama" when seeing something in connection with a burial. How does Taylor handle this?
3. Who does Taylor invite to dinner in cCapter 7? Why? What do they do?
4. Is Taylor an independent person? Explain.
5. What is the significance of the Tug Fork water?
6. How does Taylor feel about taking the food and drink from Mattie?
7. How is Taylor feeling about being a mom in Chapter 7? Explain.
8. What does Taylor do before Esteban and Esperanza say goodbye? Why does she do this?
9. What is Lou Ann reading at the end of Chapter 6? Why?
10. Taylor begins looking for a roommate in Chapter 5. Describe the people Taylor meets after searching the want ads.
This section contains 812 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)