|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the doctor say about Turtle's health in Chapter 8?
(a) That he thinks she is sick.
(b) That it is best for Turtle to visit another doctor do to her illness.
(c) She suffers from depression.
(d) That she is perfectly healthy.
2. What did Lou Ann claim to fall for Angel?
(a) Because he was exotic.
(b) He made her laugh.
(c) He told her she was beautiful.
(d) She thought he was handsome.
3. What does Mattie promise Taylor in Chapter 6?
(a) To show her how to change her oil.
(b) To show her how to do a tune-up.
(c) To show her how to fix her transmission.
(d) To show her how to fix her ignition.
4. What pops into Taylor's head when the man brings the Spanish-speaking people to Mattie's?
(a) A poem.
(b) Spanish food.
(c) The first amendment.
(d) A song.
5. What prompts Taylor to look for a roommate?
(a) She wants to make more friends.
(b) She thought it would be fun.
(c) Her lack of funds.
(d) She is lonely.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Taylor and Lou Ann drink together as they sit on the couch in Chapter 6?
2. In Chapter 4, Lou Ann gets spooked when she notices the baptism water. What past event does this remind her of?
3. What did Angel have to give up before his car accident?
4. What day did Taylor, Esteban, Esperanza and Turtle have a picnic?
5. What do Taylor's potential roommates say about hot dogs?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Taylor have to let go of in Chapter 17? Why?
2. In Chapter 4, Bobby Bingo tells Lou Ann that "Whatever you want the most, it's going to be the worst thing for you." How does Lou Ann feel about this?
3. What is Lou Ann reading at the end of Chapter 6? Why?
4. Describe the incident in the garden between Taylor, Lou Ann and Turtle in Chapter 10.
5. Explain why Taylor and her passengers were stopped at the New Mexico border.
6. What is the only way that Esteban and Esperanza would be able to stay in the states? What is the problem with this?
7. Why does Taylor believe that the Cherokee nation would be a good place for Esteban and Esperanza to stay?
8. Why does Taylor look down on Esperanza for attempting suicide?
9. Describe Taylor's course of action in leaving home after Newt Hardbine's tragedy.
10. How does Taylor feel about taking the food and drink from Mattie?
This section contains 961 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)