|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What date is it when Chapter 3 begins?
(a) January 2.
(b) June 4.
(c) December 2.
(d) January 6.
2. What type of town does the narrator find herself in while in Oklahoma?
3. What does Angel do with the baptism water?
(a) He pours it down the drain.
(b) He trys to baptize Dwayne Ray.
(c) He takes the water to a priest.
(d) He drinks it.
4. Who did Lou Ann's brother marry?
(a) A British woman.
(b) A Native American woman.
(c) An Eskimo woman.
(d) A Hawaiian woman.
5. What does Terry bring with him when he visits Mattie?
(b) Fresh fruit.
(c) A thermometer.
(d) A medical bag.
Short Answer Questions
1. What name does Lou Ann believe is Turtle's birth name?
2. What does Mattie talk about on television?
3. Who came up with the name "Jesus is Lord Used Tires"?
4. What is Lou Ann reminded of when she sees Jesus is Lord Used Tires?
5. What is the problem with Taylor's car?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Taylor's first meeting with Lou Ann.
2. How does Taylor react to Cynthia's news in Chapter 13?
3. What pops into Taylor's head when a priest comes to visit Mattie in Chapter 6? Explain this situation.
4. Why is Lou Ann waiting for Taylor when she returns from her trip to the desert? What does Lou Ann have to say?
5. How does Taylor feel about taking the food and drink from Mattie?
6. What does Taylor notice about Esperanza's face? When does she notice this?
7. What is the reaction of Granny Logan and Lou Ann's mother when Lou Ann asks them to stay longer?
8. What did Taylor have to let go of in Chapter 17? Why?
9. Describe Lou Ann's character at the beginning of Chapter 2.
10. Describe the conversation between Mattie and Taylor in Chapter 13, regarding Esteban and Esperanza.
This section contains 881 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)