|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Taylor begin to look for a roommate?
(b) The internet.
(c) Asking around town.
(d) Searching for lonely people.
2. What is Lou Ann thinking of while she nurses Dwayne Ray?
(a) Her mother.
(c) Her baptism.
3. What did Angel lose in the car accident?
(a) His leg.
(b) His sight.
(c) His arm.
(d) His hearing.
4. Taylor, Esteban, Esperanza and Mattie take a short trip. While others are swimming, what is Esperanza obsessed with?
(a) Playing with Turtle.
(c) Watching Turtle.
(d) Watching Esteban.
5. Where in Arizona does Chapter Two take place?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Lou Ann's brother move to?
2. What is it that causes girls to drop out of Taylor's school in Kentucky?
3. Which is a characteristic of the potential roommates Taylor meets in Chapter 5?
4. What do Taylor and Lou Ann drink together as they sit on the couch in Chapter 6?
5. What did Angel have to give up before his car accident?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the significance of the Tug Fork water?
2. Describe the relationship between Newt Hardbine and his father.
3. What does Taylor discuss with Esperanza in Chapter 10?
4. What does the social worker, Cynthia, tell Taylor in Chapter 13?
5. What is the reaction of Granny Logan and Lou Ann's mother when Lou Ann asks them to stay longer?
6. What is Lou Ann's reaction to the adoption situation that takes place in Chapter 13?
7. What does Taylor notice about Esperanza's face? When does she notice this?
8. What did Taylor have to let go of in Chapter 17? Why?
9. What does Taylor do before Esteban and Esperanza say goodbye? Why does she do this?
10. Explain the circumstances that caused Taylor to decide to leave the Burger Derby.
This section contains 872 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)