|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Taylor's potential roommates say about hot dogs?
(a) They wonder how to make them.
(b) They are their favorite food.
(c) That they are harmful.
(d) They love hot dogs from Chicago.
2. What does Mattie promise Taylor in Chapter 6?
(a) To show her how to fix her transmission.
(b) To show her how to change her oil.
(c) To show her how to do a tune-up.
(d) To show her how to fix her ignition.
3. What does the doctor say about Turtle's health in Chapter 8?
(a) That it is best for Turtle to visit another doctor do to her illness.
(b) That he thinks she is sick.
(c) That she is perfectly healthy.
(d) She suffers from depression.
4. What does Mattie talk about on television?
(a) Gardening tips.
(b) Cooking recipes.
(d) The horrors of hot dogs.
5. Narrator, Taylor Greer, was formerly known as:
Short Answer Questions
1. From what point of view is Chapter Two narrated?
2. When is Lou Ann's child due?
3. Where did Mattie get her purple beans?
4. Why was Taylor chosen for the job in her hometown?
5. Taylor's teacher, Hughes Walter, helped her get her first job. What subject did he teach?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the social worker, Cynthia, tell Taylor in Chapter 13?
2. Who does Taylor invite to dinner in cCapter 7? Why? What do they do?
3. In Chapter 4, Bobby Bingo tells Lou Ann that "Whatever you want the most, it's going to be the worst thing for you." How does Lou Ann feel about this?
4. How does Taylor react to Cynthia's news in Chapter 13?
5. What is the reaction of Granny Logan and Lou Ann's mother when Lou Ann asks them to stay longer?
6. What type of store does Mattie own and how did it get its name?
7. What does Esteban suggest to Taylor after realizing that she is judgmental of Esperanza's actions?
8. Explain why Taylor and her passengers were stopped at the New Mexico border.
9. What changes can be observed in Esteban and Esperanza as they travel deeper into the Cherokee nation during Chapter 15?
10. What does Taylor do before Esteban and Esperanza say goodbye? Why does she do this?
This section contains 925 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)