|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lou Ann's husband leaves her on which holiday?
2. What are Taylor's favorite colors?
(a) Purple and chartruese.
(b) Orange and cerulean.
(c) Red and turquoise.
(d) Blue and green.
3. What do Taylor and Lou Ann drink together as they sit on the couch in Chapter 6?
4. In addition to the doctor's comment about Turtle's health, he discovers something else after reading her X-rays. What does he find?
(a) Turtle is missing a rib.
(b) Turtle has scoliosis.
(c) Turtle has "failure to launch".
(d) Turtle has "failure to thrive".
5. Why does Taylor stop working at the Burger Derby?
(a) She fights with the manager and quits.
(b) She finds a better job.
(c) She does not know how to cook.
(d) She is fired.
Short Answer Questions
1. From what point of view is Chapter Two narrated?
2. In an effort to assure Taylor, what does Mattie say that she will handle in Chapter 6?
3. What does Lou Ann want to do after realizing that Angel has left her?
4. Mattie attempts to persuade Taylor to work for her but Taylor has a fear of tires. What does Mattie throw into the deal in order to persuade Taylor to work for her?
5. For whom was Roosevelt Park named?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Taylor discuss with Esperanza in Chapter 10?
2. On what day do Mattie, Esteban, Esperanza and Taylor take their short trip? Why is this day important? Where are they going?
3. What does Taylor do before Esteban and Esperanza say goodbye? Why does she do this?
4. Describe the conversation between Mattie and Taylor in Chapter 13, regarding Esteban and Esperanza.
5. How does Taylor obtain newspapers?
6. In Chapter 9, Esteban reveals the truth about their daughter, Ismene, and how she was taken from him. Explain circumstances that led to Ismene being taken.
7. Why does Taylor look down on Esperanza for attempting suicide?
8. What type of store does Mattie own and how did it get its name?
9. What type of ceremony does Lou Ann decide to hold for her baby's christening? Why?
10. Has Taylor's character evolved by Chapter 12? Explain.
This section contains 1,006 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)