|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lou Ann's husband leaves her on which holiday?
2. Who did Lou Ann's brother marry?
(a) A British woman.
(b) A Hawaiian woman.
(c) An Eskimo woman.
(d) A Native American woman.
3. Which literary theme is prevalent throughout Chapter 2?
(c) Teen pregancy.
4. What does Mattie promise Taylor in Chapter 6?
(a) To show her how to do a tune-up.
(b) To show her how to change her oil.
(c) To show her how to fix her ignition.
(d) To show her how to fix her transmission.
5. What nationality is Angel?
(c) Mexican American.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of trees are mentioned at the beginning of Chapter 7?
2. What is it that causes girls to drop out of Taylor's school in Kentucky?
3. What does Lou Ann talk about in length as she and Taylor eat dinner
4. Who visits Mattie in Chapter 3 while Taylor are Turtle are waiting to hear about their car's damage ?
5. What date is it when Chapter 3 begins?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Taylor feeling about being a mom in Chapter 7? Explain.
2. Why does Mattie toss the canister at Taylor in Chapter 6?
3. Why does Taylor look down on Esperanza for attempting suicide?
4. What is Taylor's reaction when the old woman gives her Turtle?
5. Describe the steps in which Taylor attempts to build a "family".
6. Turtle says "Mama" when seeing something in connection with a burial. How does Taylor handle this?
7. Describe the conditions a Red Hot Mama's salsa factory. Does Lou Ann like this job?
8. Describe Taylor's course of action in leaving home after Newt Hardbine's tragedy.
9. Explain Lou Ann's fearful dream of Dwayne Ray. What does Lou Ann think about this?
10. What does Lou Ann criticize Taylor for in Chapter 12?
This section contains 827 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)