|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What name does Lou Ann believe is Turtle's birth name?
2. How does Taylor begin to look for a roommate?
(b) The internet.
(c) Asking around town.
(d) Searching for lonely people.
3. Into which type of container does Granny Logan place Dwayne Ray's baptism water?
(a) A Coke bottle.
(b) A thermos.
(c) A vial.
(d) A Pepsi bottle.
4. What does Lou Ann want to do after realizing that Angel has left her?
(a) Go out and find him.
(b) Fall asleep.
(c) Devise a plan to get him back .
(d) Commit suicide.
5. What makes Esteban stop his car abruptly?
(a) A Cat and her kitten.
(b) A Duck and her ducklings.
(c) A chipmunk.
(d) A quail and her brood.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the problem with Taylor's car?
2. What did Angel have to give up before his car accident?
3. Where did Lou Ann's brother move to?
4. What pops into Taylor's head when the man brings the Spanish-speaking people to Mattie's?
5. How many days does Taylor work at the Burger Derby?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Taylor believe that the Cherokee nation would be a good place for Esteban and Esperanza to stay?
2. Explain the situation that takes place in the law office.
3. Explain the circumstances that caused Taylor to decide to leave the Burger Derby.
4. Turtle says "Mama" when seeing something in connection with a burial. How does Taylor handle this?
5. What is the reaction of Granny Logan and Lou Ann's mother when Lou Ann asks them to stay longer?
6. How does Taylor react to Cynthia's news in Chapter 13?
7. What happens with Esteban and Taylor at the end of Chapter 9? How does Taylor handle it?
8. Why does Mattie toss the canister at Taylor in Chapter 6?
9. How does Taylor feel about taking the food and drink from Mattie?
10. What are Lou Ann's "routines"? And why does she perform them?
This section contains 873 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)