|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lou Ann's husband leaves her on which holiday?
2. Taylor's teacher, Hughes Walter, helped her get her first job. What subject did he teach?
3. What is the problem with Taylor's car?
(a) The car has two flat tires.
(b) The oil needs to be changed.
(c) The transmission has blown.
(d) The car has run out of gas.
4. Taylor, Esteban, Esperanza and Mattie take a short trip. While others are swimming, what is Esperanza obsessed with?
(a) Watching Esteban.
(b) Playing with Turtle.
(d) Watching Turtle.
5. What type of car does Taylor buy after she decides to leave home?
(a) Volkswagon jetta.
(c) Volkswagon bug.
(d) Ford pickup truck.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Taylor and Lou Ann drink together as they sit on the couch in Chapter 6?
2. What is Lou Ann reminded of when she sees Jesus is Lord Used Tires?
3. What pops into Taylor's head when the man brings the Spanish-speaking people to Mattie's?
4. What is Edna's annoying habit?
5. What makes Esteban stop his car abruptly?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the incident in the garden between Taylor, Lou Ann and Turtle in Chapter 10.
2. How does Taylor obtain newspapers?
3. Explain why Taylor and her passengers were stopped at the New Mexico border.
4. In Chapter 4, Bobby Bingo tells Lou Ann that "Whatever you want the most, it's going to be the worst thing for you." How does Lou Ann feel about this?
5. What pops into Taylor's head when a priest comes to visit Mattie in Chapter 6? Explain this situation.
6. Why does Taylor look down on Esperanza for attempting suicide?
7. Why is Lou Ann waiting for Taylor when she returns from her trip to the desert? What does Lou Ann have to say?
8. Describe the conditions a Red Hot Mama's salsa factory. Does Lou Ann like this job?
9. Why does Mattie toss the canister at Taylor in Chapter 6?
10. Who does Taylor invite to dinner in cCapter 7? Why? What do they do?
This section contains 838 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)