|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which literary theme is prevalent throughout Chapter 2?
(d) Teen pregancy.
2. What nationality is Angel?
(b) Mexican American.
3. Who does Taylor meet at the Burger Derby?
(b) Dwayne Ray.
(c) Lou Ann.
(d) Mary Ann.
4. From where does the baptism water come?
(a) The Pot Luck River.
(b) The Tug Fork River.
(c) The Thames River.
(d) The Mississippi River.
5. Taylor returns home from a hard day at work for Mattie. What is Lou Ann reading when Taylor arrives home?
(a) A book on divorce.
(b) A self help book.
(c) A baby name book.
(d) A gossip magazine.
Short Answer Questions
1. What pops into Taylor's head when the man brings the Spanish-speaking people to Mattie's?
2. What is it that causes girls to drop out of Taylor's school in Kentucky?
3. In Chapter 4, Lou Ann gets spooked when she notices the baptism water. What past event does this remind her of?
4. What type of town does the narrator find herself in while in Oklahoma?
5. What did Lou Ann claim to fall for Angel?
Short Essay Questions
1. Taylor begins looking for a roommate in Chapter 5. Describe the people Taylor meets after searching the want ads.
2. What is Lou Ann reading at the end of Chapter 6? Why?
3. What does Taylor do before Esteban and Esperanza say goodbye? Why does she do this?
4. How does Taylor come to realize that Edna Poppy is blind?
5. What does Lou Ann criticize Taylor for in Chapter 12?
6. What does the social worker, Cynthia, tell Taylor in Chapter 13?
7. Describe the conversation between Mattie and Taylor in Chapter 13, regarding Esteban and Esperanza.
8. How does Taylor obtain newspapers?
9. What does Taylor learn about the park's name in Chapter 8? From whom does she learn this?
10. What does Taylor discuss with Esperanza in Chapter 10?
This section contains 887 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)