|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character was left deaf by an accident?
(c) Mr. Shanks.
(d) Mr. Hardbine.
2. From where does the baptism water come?
(a) The Pot Luck River.
(b) The Tug Fork River.
(c) The Mississippi River.
(d) The Thames River.
3. What event in Taylor's life influences her to leave home?
(a) She becomes pregnant.
(b) She gets accepted to college.
(c) Her mother dies.
(d) The brutal death of a friend.
4. What is Lou Ann's regular ritual?
(b) Hair cutting.
(c) Nail biting.
5. Where did Mattie get her purple beans?
(a) From Lou Ann.
(b) From Lee Sing's shop.
(c) The convenience store.
(d) From the Chinese woman next door.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mrs. Parsons' view about aliens?
2. For whom was Roosevelt Park named?
3. What is Lou Ann reminded of when she sees Jesus is Lord Used Tires?
4. What does Mattie talk about on television?
5. In Chapter 5, Lou Ann is concerned about Dwayne Ray's ______.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mattie give to Taylor and Turtle at the beginning of Chapter 3? Why?
2. What did Taylor have to let go of in Chapter 17? Why?
3. Describe Taylor's first meeting with Lou Ann.
4. Explain why Lou Ann falls for Angel.
5. What does the social worker, Cynthia, tell Taylor in Chapter 13?
6. What changes can be observed in Esteban and Esperanza as they travel deeper into the Cherokee nation during Chapter 15?
7. What is the reaction of Granny Logan and Lou Ann's mother when Lou Ann asks them to stay longer?
8. What does Taylor notice about Esperanza's face? When does she notice this?
9. What does Taylor learn about the park's name in Chapter 8? From whom does she learn this?
10. Who does Taylor invite to dinner in cCapter 7? Why? What do they do?
This section contains 841 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)