|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Angel drive Lou Ann's mother and grandmother?
(a) The mall.
(b) The Greyhound station.
(c) The grocery store.
(d) Lee Sing's.
2. What is Lou Ann thinking of while she nurses Dwayne Ray?
(a) Her mother.
(d) Her baptism.
3. Who came up with the name "Jesus is Lord Used Tires"?
(b) A group of Mexican kids.
(c) Mattie's late husband.
(d) Mattie's grandfather.
4. Why does Granny Logan want to baptize Dwayne Ray in specific water?
(a) Because the water has been blessed.
(b) Because Granny Logan believes the water has magical powers.
(c) Because the water is from a religious journey.
(d) Because Lou Ann was baptized in the same water.
5. What does Terry bring with him when he visits Mattie?
(a) A thermometer.
(b) A medical bag.
(d) Fresh fruit.
Short Answer Questions
1. What year was the dial-up phone system installed in Taylor's hometown?
2. What is Lou Ann reminded of when she sees Jesus is Lord Used Tires?
3. Where in Arizona does Chapter Two take place?
4. Which character was left deaf by an accident?
5. What does Lou Ann wear to bed the night Angel leaves her?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the contents of the package that Lou Ann receives from Angel. What does Lou Ann think of this package?
2. Describe the conditions a Red Hot Mama's salsa factory. Does Lou Ann like this job?
3. Explain Lou Ann's fearful dream of Dwayne Ray. What does Lou Ann think about this?
4. What is the reaction of Granny Logan and Lou Ann's mother when Lou Ann asks them to stay longer?
5. Why does Taylor believe that the Cherokee nation would be a good place for Esteban and Esperanza to stay?
6. How is Taylor feeling about being a mom in Chapter 7? Explain.
7. Why does Angel agree to move back in with Lou Ann?
8. Describe the relationship between Newt Hardbine and his father.
9. Why is Lou Ann waiting for Taylor when she returns from her trip to the desert? What does Lou Ann have to say?
10. Explain why Lou Ann falls for Angel.
This section contains 946 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)