|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are Taylor and Turtle living?
(a) At a hotel.
(b) In a mall.
(c) With Mattie.
(d) In the basement of the Burger Derby.
2. What name does Lou Ann believe is Turtle's birth name?
3. How does Taylor come to realize that the child given to her in Chapter 1 is alive?
(a) She smells the need for a diaper change.
(b) The baby grips Taylor tightly.
(c) The baby begins to cry.
(d) She checks the child's pulse.
4. Esperanza and Esteban are originally from which country?
5. What makes Lou Ann's heart lurch?
(a) When she smells vegetables.
(b) When she hears "back home."
(c) Dwayne Ray's cries.
(d) When Angel drives her mother and grandmother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lou Ann's husband leaves her on which holiday?
2. Who came up with the name "Jesus is Lord Used Tires"?
3. Taylor, Esteban, Esperanza and Mattie take a short trip. While others are swimming, what is Esperanza obsessed with?
4. Which is a characteristic of the potential roommates Taylor meets in Chapter 5?
5. What does Mattie talk about on television?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the social worker, Cynthia, tell Taylor in Chapter 13?
2. What does Esteban suggest to Taylor after realizing that she is judgmental of Esperanza's actions?
3. What type of store does Mattie own and how did it get its name?
4. Describe the contents of the package that Lou Ann receives from Angel. What does Lou Ann think of this package?
5. How is Taylor feeling about being a mom in Chapter 7? Explain.
6. What does Taylor do before Esteban and Esperanza say goodbye? Why does she do this?
7. Has Taylor's character evolved by Chapter 12? Explain.
8. What is the significance of the Tug Fork water?
9. What does Taylor discuss with Esperanza in Chapter 10?
10. Taylor begins looking for a roommate in Chapter 5. Describe the people Taylor meets after searching the want ads.
This section contains 894 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)