|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What event in Taylor's life influences her to leave home?
(a) She gets accepted to college.
(b) The brutal death of a friend.
(c) Her mother dies.
(d) She becomes pregnant.
2. What is Edna's annoying habit?
(a) Twirling her hair.
(b) Chewing with her mouth open.
(c) Looking past people when speaking to them.
(d) Picking her nose.
3. Esperanza and Esteban are originally from which country?
4. What type of vegetable does Lou Ann buy after her mother and grandmother end their visit in Chapter 4?
5. How many days does Taylor work at the Burger Derby?
(a) 5 days.
(b) 2 weeks.
(c) 6 days.
(d) One week.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Taylor chosen for the job in her hometown?
2. Lou Ann's husband leaves her on which holiday?
3. What do Taylor and Lou Ann drink together as they sit on the couch in Chapter 6?
4. What is also on the headstone of Lou Ann's father?
5. Where did Taylor work while living in Kentucky?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Taylor invite to dinner in cCapter 7? Why? What do they do?
2. Explain the situation that takes place in the law office.
3. What does Mattie give to Taylor and Turtle at the beginning of Chapter 3? Why?
4. Describe Taylor's course of action in leaving home after Newt Hardbine's tragedy.
5. Taylor is unhappy about her mother's impending marriage. Lou Ann tells Taylor that her mother needs to live her own life. What does Lou Ann tell Taylor about her own mother? How does this relate to her advice?
6. Has Taylor's character evolved by Chapter 12? Explain.
7. How does Taylor feel about taking the food and drink from Mattie?
8. What is the reaction of Granny Logan and Lou Ann's mother when Lou Ann asks them to stay longer?
9. What happens with Esteban and Taylor at the end of Chapter 9? How does Taylor handle it?
10. Why does Lou Ann avoid Lee Sing's market? Explain.
This section contains 935 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)