|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What name does Lou Ann believe is Turtle's birth name?
2. What does Lou Ann want to do after realizing that Angel has left her?
(a) Fall asleep.
(b) Commit suicide.
(c) Devise a plan to get him back .
(d) Go out and find him.
3. What makes Lou Ann's heart lurch?
(a) When she smells vegetables.
(b) Dwayne Ray's cries.
(c) When Angel drives her mother and grandmother.
(d) When she hears "back home."
4. In Chapter 4, Lou Ann gets spooked when she notices the baptism water. What past event does this remind her of?
(a) When she found her late father's garden gloves.
(b) When she thought that she had seen a ghost.
(c) When Dwayne Ray's horoscope predicted death.
(d) When she noticed Angel's things were missing.
5. What prompts Taylor to look for a roommate?
(a) Her lack of funds.
(b) She is lonely.
(c) She thought it would be fun.
(d) She wants to make more friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Terry bring with him when he visits Mattie?
2. How does Taylor come to realize that the child given to her in Chapter 1 is alive?
3. Which character was left deaf by an accident?
4. What event in Taylor's life influences her to leave home?
5. What do Taylor's potential roommates say about hot dogs?
Short Essay Questions
1. What type of ceremony does Lou Ann decide to hold for her baby's christening? Why?
2. How does Taylor feel about taking the food and drink from Mattie?
3. Who does Taylor invite to dinner in cCapter 7? Why? What do they do?
4. How is Taylor feeling about being a mom in Chapter 7? Explain.
5. Why does Lou Ann avoid Lee Sing's market? Explain.
6. Describe the relationship between Newt Hardbine and his father.
7. Is Taylor an independent person? Explain.
8. Describe Taylor's first meeting with Lou Ann.
9. What does Lou Ann believe to be Turtle's given name? Why?
10. Turtle says "Mama" when seeing something in connection with a burial. How does Taylor handle this?
This section contains 949 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)