|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Taylor returns home from a hard day at work for Mattie. What is Lou Ann reading when Taylor arrives home?
(a) A gossip magazine.
(b) A self help book.
(c) A book on divorce.
(d) A baby name book.
2. How does Taylor come to realize that the child given to her in Chapter 1 is alive?
(a) The baby grips Taylor tightly.
(b) The baby begins to cry.
(c) She checks the child's pulse.
(d) She smells the need for a diaper change.
3. What is Lou Ann thinking of while she nurses Dwayne Ray?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her baptism.
4. Who did Lou Ann's brother marry?
(a) A British woman.
(b) An Eskimo woman.
(c) A Native American woman.
(d) A Hawaiian woman.
5. What name does Lou Ann believe is Turtle's birth name?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Angel do with the baptism water?
2. Where are Taylor and Turtle living?
3. For whom was Roosevelt Park named?
4. Taylor's teacher, Hughes Walter, helped her get her first job. What subject did he teach?
5. What did Angel lose in the car accident?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Taylor invite to dinner in cCapter 7? Why? What do they do?
2. Describe the incident in the garden between Taylor, Lou Ann and Turtle in Chapter 10.
3. What are Lou Ann's "routines"? And why does she perform them?
4. What does Taylor notice about Esperanza's face? When does she notice this?
5. In Chapter 9, Esteban reveals the truth about their daughter, Ismene, and how she was taken from him. Explain circumstances that led to Ismene being taken.
6. What does Taylor do before Esteban and Esperanza say goodbye? Why does she do this?
7. How does Taylor react to Cynthia's news in Chapter 13?
8. What is Lou Ann's reaction to the adoption situation that takes place in Chapter 13?
9. What does Mattie give to Taylor and Turtle at the beginning of Chapter 3? Why?
10. Bildungsroman is a literary genre that is the coming of age story. In what way do you believe that The Bean Trees could be classified as a bildungsroman?
This section contains 899 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)