|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Mattie buy for Turtle in Chapter 6?
(a) A drawing.
(b) A book.
(c) A sweater.
(d) A doll.
2. Which character was left deaf by an accident?
(a) Mr. Hardbine.
(c) Mr. Shanks.
3. What does Lou Ann make for dinner in Chapter 6?
(a) Grilled cheese.
4. What is the name of Lou Ann's cat?
5. What type of car backfires while Taylor is working on it?
(a) A Chevy.
(b) A Dodge.
(c) A Honda.
(d) A Ford.
Short Answer Questions
1. In addition to the doctor's comment about Turtle's health, he discovers something else after reading her X-rays. What does he find?
2. What nationality is Angel?
3. What does Mattie promise Taylor in Chapter 6?
4. From where does the baptism water come?
5. What was Esteban's profession before coming to the United States?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Taylor do before Esteban and Esperanza say goodbye? Why does she do this?
2. What is the only way that Esteban and Esperanza would be able to stay in the states? What is the problem with this?
3. What does Esteban suggest to Taylor after realizing that she is judgmental of Esperanza's actions?
4. Has Taylor's character evolved by Chapter 12? Explain.
5. Why is Lou Ann waiting for Taylor when she returns from her trip to the desert? What does Lou Ann have to say?
6. Turtle says "Mama" when seeing something in connection with a burial. How does Taylor handle this?
7. How is Taylor feeling about being a mom in Chapter 7? Explain.
8. Explain the situation that takes place in the law office.
9. What does Lou Ann believe to be Turtle's given name? Why?
10. What is the significance of the Tug Fork water?
This section contains 875 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)