|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where in Arizona does Chapter Two take place?
2. What does Lou Ann talk about in length as she and Taylor eat dinner
(b) Roller coasters.
(d) Strange ways for people to die.
3. What is Lou Ann reminded of when she sees Jesus is Lord Used Tires?
(a) Her church.
(b) Her first car.
(c) Newt Hardbine.
(d) Her childhood home in Kentucky.
4. What prompts Taylor to look for a roommate?
(a) Her lack of funds.
(b) She is lonely.
(c) She thought it would be fun.
(d) She wants to make more friends.
5. What does Lou Ann wear to bed the night Angel leaves her?
(b) Angel's old t-shirt.
(c) A nightgown.
(d) A pair of shoes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the problem with Taylor's car?
2. What name does Lou Ann believe is Turtle's birth name?
3. Taylor's teacher, Hughes Walter, helped her get her first job. What subject did he teach?
4. What does Mattie serve Turtle at Jesus is Lord Used Tires?
5. Which character was left deaf by an accident?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Taylor do before Esteban and Esperanza say goodbye? Why does she do this?
2. What does the social worker, Cynthia, tell Taylor in Chapter 13?
3. What are Lou Ann's "routines"? And why does she perform them?
4. What did Taylor have to let go of in Chapter 17? Why?
5. Describe Taylor's first meeting with Lou Ann.
6. Describe the steps in which Taylor attempts to build a "family".
7. What changes can be observed in Esteban and Esperanza as they travel deeper into the Cherokee nation during Chapter 15?
8. Who does Taylor invite to dinner in cCapter 7? Why? What do they do?
9. Has Taylor's character evolved by Chapter 12? Explain.
10. Describe the conversation between Mattie and Taylor in Chapter 13, regarding Esteban and Esperanza.
This section contains 947 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)