|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lou Ann's husband leaves her on which holiday?
2. When is Lou Ann's child due?
(a) Six months.
(b) Two months.
(c) Three months.
(d) Eight months.
3. How far apart are Taylor and Lou Ann's home towns?
(a) Three miles.
(b) One county.
(c) Two counties.
(d) Two miles.
4. What day did Taylor, Esteban, Esperanza and Turtle have a picnic?
5. What does Mattie promise Taylor in Chapter 6?
(a) To show her how to change her oil.
(b) To show her how to fix her ignition.
(c) To show her how to do a tune-up.
(d) To show her how to fix her transmission.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Lou Ann's cat?
2. How does Lou Ann wave to her mother and grandmother?
3. What type of vegetable does Lou Ann buy after her mother and grandmother end their visit in Chapter 4?
4. What did Angel lose in the car accident?
5. Which literary theme is prevalent throughout Chapter 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the significance of the Tug Fork water?
2. Taylor begins looking for a roommate in Chapter 5. Describe the people Taylor meets after searching the want ads.
3. In Chapter 7, Esteban tells a story. What is his story about, and at what point in the chapter does he decide to include it? Why do you believe he does this?
4. In Chapter 9, Esteban reveals the truth about their daughter, Ismene, and how she was taken from him. Explain circumstances that led to Ismene being taken.
5. Why is Lou Ann waiting for Taylor when she returns from her trip to the desert? What does Lou Ann have to say?
6. Who does Taylor invite to dinner in cCapter 7? Why? What do they do?
7. What type of ceremony does Lou Ann decide to hold for her baby's christening? Why?
8. What is Lou Ann's reaction to the adoption situation that takes place in Chapter 13?
9. On what day do Mattie, Esteban, Esperanza and Taylor take their short trip? Why is this day important? Where are they going?
10. Explain the situation that takes place in the law office.
This section contains 1,016 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)