|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the national bird of Esteban's homeland?
(a) The seagull.
(b) The parrot.
(c) The quetzal.
(d) The macaw.
2. What plant does Turtle point to in the garden in Chapter 10?
(a) Honey suckle.
3. To where to Mattie, Taylor, Esteban and Esperanza go at the beginning of Chapter 12?
(b) The desert.
(c) The beach.
(d) The west coast.
4. What do Taylor and Esteban throw when they make a wish late in the novel?
(a) A good luck charm.
(b) A penny.
(c) Flower petals.
(d) A bead.
5. Who comes to Lou Ann in dreams to give her the predictions about Dwayne Ray?
(b) An angel.
(c) A fairy.
(d) A devil.
6. What does Lou Ann believe will happen to California?
(a) It will flourish.
(b) It will drop into the ocean.
(c) It will enter into a depression.
(d) It will be taken over by crime.
7. What was keeping Lou Ann and Taylor awake at night in Chapter 11?
(b) The neighbors.
(c) The heat.
(d) Roosters crowing.
8. Who are Taylor, Esteban, and Esperanza stopped by on their drive?
(b) Traffic corrections.
(c) The police.
(d) The Mayor.
9. How long will it be before legal action is taken regarding Turtle's adoption?
(a) Three weeks.
(b) A few days.
(c) One month.
(d) Three months.
10. What does Taylor realize about Edna in Chapter 10?
(a) She is deaf.
(b) She is married.
(c) She cannot walk.
(d) She is blind.
11. What place had Lou Ann avoided since Dwayne Ray was born?
(a) Jesus is Lord Used Tires.
(b) The Adult porn shop.
(c) Lee Sing's.
12. What does Taylor have to call Esteban and Esperanza while they travel?
(a) Steve and Hope.
(b) John and Jessica.
(c) Steve and Helen.
(d) James and Mary.
13. What does Esteban believe to be the symbol of the United States?
(a) An alligator.
(b) A lion.
(c) A flag.
(d) An eagle.
14. In Chapter 11, from where does Lou Ann receive a package?
15. What type of car does Taylor take in Chapter 13?
(a) A Buick.
(b) A Lincoln.
(c) A Pontiac.
(d) A Mustang.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Esteban protecting before he fled his country?
2. What point in the year is it in Chapter 10?
3. Where will Turtle be taken if Taylor cannot adopt her?
4. Who watched Turtle while Taylor was away with Mattie?
5. What does Turtle say as she points to the plants in the garden?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)