|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of vehicle to does Mattie drive?
(a) A VW Bug.
(b) A compact car.
(c) A sedan.
(d) A truck.
2. What does Esperanza give to Turtle in Chapter 16?
(a) A good luck charm.
(b) A medal.
(c) A bracelet.
(d) A ring.
3. What does Esteban believe has happened to Ismene?
(a) She was adopted and given a good home.
(b) She was sentenced to death.
(c) She was left on the streets.
(d) She was tortured.
4. Where do Esteban, Esperanza and Taylor get stopped when Taylor is driving them?
(a) New Mexico.
5. Where is Mattie during the time of Esperanza's attempted suicide?
(a) A trip.
(b) The desert.
(c) The hospital.
(d) With Esperanza, at the clinic.
6. What will happen to the national bird of Esteban's country if caged?
(a) It will reproduce.
(b) It will no longer grow.
(c) It will live a long life.
(d) It will die.
7. What is the significance of the day that Mattie, Taylor, Esperanza and Esteban travel in Chapter 12?
(a) The first day of summer.
(b) Native American New Year.
(d) The beginning of hunting season.
8. What do Esteban and Esperanza lose before leaving their country?
(a) Their daughter.
(b) Their immigration papers.
(c) Their money.
(d) Esperanza's wedding rings.
9. What place had Lou Ann avoided since Dwayne Ray was born?
(a) Jesus is Lord Used Tires.
(b) Lee Sing's.
(d) The Adult porn shop.
10. What does Taylor do when she wakes up next to Esteban?
(a) Kisses his hand.
(b) Wakes up disgusted.
(d) Curls next to him and falls back to sleep.
11. What does Taylor have to call Esteban and Esperanza while they travel?
(a) John and Jessica.
(b) Steve and Helen.
(c) James and Mary.
(d) Steve and Hope.
12. What does Esteban believe to be the symbol of the United States?
(a) A lion.
(b) An eagle.
(c) A flag.
(d) An alligator.
13. To whom does Lou Ann's horoscope state she will listen?
(a) A friend.
(b) A stranger.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her grandmother.
14. What do Taylor and Esteban rent in Chapter 15?
(a) Fancy clothing.
(b) A hotel room.
(c) A car.
(d) A rowboat.
15. Where are Esteban and Taylor curled up in Chapter 9?
(a) The sofa.
(b) Taylor's bed.
(d) The floor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do Lou Ann and her brother look to in order to view the future?
2. What does Turtle say to Esteban when he gives her a pep talk in Chapter 16?
3. What does Turtle say as she points to the plants in the garden?
4. What school group was Scotty a part of?
5. What is lying dead in the center line of the road as Taylor drives with Esteban and Esperanza late in the novel?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)