|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 13, Mrs. Parsons signals to a flower. When does this flower bloom?
(b) At night.
(d) In the daytime.
2. Who watched Turtle while Taylor was away with Mattie?
(a) Lou Ann.
(c) Lee Sing.
(d) Mrs. Parsons.
3. What does Lou Ann believe the old woman gives her when they see each other at the market?
(a) An apple.
(b) The evil eye.
(c) A curse.
(d) A free tarot reading.
4. What is Edna sniffing in the market?
(b) Paper towels.
(d) Toilet paper.
5. What is the significance of the day that Mattie, Taylor, Esperanza and Esteban travel in Chapter 12?
(a) The first day of summer.
(b) The beginning of hunting season.
(c) Native American New Year.
6. What do Taylor and Esteban throw when they make a wish late in the novel?
(a) A penny.
(b) Flower petals.
(c) A good luck charm.
(d) A bead.
7. What does Taylor try to chase outside after she returns from her trip?
(a) A bird.
(b) A cat.
(c) A mouse.
8. What did Esteban and Esperanza have to wear during the adoption meeting?
(a) Face makeup.
(b) Elaborate costumes.
(d) Old, grubby clothes.
9. What did Esperanza use in her attempt to commit suicide?
(a) Baby aspirin.
(c) Cough medicine.
10. What does Taylor do when she wakes up next to Esteban?
(a) Kisses his hand.
(b) Curls next to him and falls back to sleep.
(c) Wakes up disgusted.
11. What does Lou Ann bring to Taylor's bedroom in Chapter 12?
(a) A cheesburger.
(b) Soup and crackers.
(c) Chicken and potatoes.
12. Virgie Mae Parsons points to a flower in Chapter 13. What happens to the flower if it is touched?
(a) It grows larger.
(b) It blossoms.
(c) It shrivels.
(d) Other flowers will bloom.
13. What does Turtle yell when passing a cemetery?
(b) Bean trees.
14. Where do Esteban, Esperanza and Taylor get stopped when Taylor is driving them?
(c) New Mexico.
15. What does "Esperanza" mean?
Short Answer Questions
1. To where are Angel's family members moving?
2. To whom does Lou Ann's horoscope state she will listen?
3. Where will Taylor drive Esperanza Esteban in Chapter 13?
4. What animal is making the sound that the characters hear in Chapter 12?
5. Where does Esteban claim Turtle was born while dealing with the adoption?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)