|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Virgie Mae Parsons points to a flower in Chapter 13. What happens to the flower if it is touched?
(a) It shrivels.
(b) It grows larger.
(c) Other flowers will bloom.
(d) It blossoms.
2. What does "Esperanza" mean?
3. How does Lou Ann interpret travel?
(a) A trip somewhere exotic.
(b) As the journey of life.
(c) As an extended stay.
(d) A trip home.
4. What news does Taylor receive at the beginning of chapter 10?
(a) Mattie will not be coming back.
(b) That Turtle is ill.
(c) That Esperanza is fine.
(d) That Esperanza is very sick.
5. What does Esteban believe has happened to Ismene?
(a) She was tortured.
(b) She was left on the streets.
(c) She was sentenced to death.
(d) She was adopted and given a good home.
6. What does Esteban believe to be the symbol of the United States?
(a) An alligator.
(b) A lion.
(c) A flag.
(d) An eagle.
7. What type of vehicle to does Mattie drive?
(a) A VW Bug.
(b) A sedan.
(c) A compact car.
(d) A truck.
8. What happened to Scotty?
(a) He died tragically.
(b) He killed himself.
(c) He made a lot of money and moved away.
(d) He committed murder.
9. What is the national bird of Esteban's homeland?
(a) The macaw.
(b) The seagull.
(c) The parrot.
(d) The quetzal.
10. Where does Esteban claim Turtle was born while dealing with the adoption?
(a) A Plymouth.
(b) A hospital.
(c) In his home.
(d) On the street.
11. Where will Turtle be taken if Taylor cannot adopt her?
(a) With the old Indian woman.
(b) A foster home.
(c) Under house arrest.
(d) With her biological family.
12. In Chapter 13, Mrs. Parsons signals to a flower. When does this flower bloom?
(c) In the daytime.
(d) At night.
13. What type of car does Taylor take in Chapter 13?
(a) A Mustang.
(b) A Buick.
(c) A Pontiac.
(d) A Lincoln.
14. What does the characters stop to smell in Chapter 12?
(a) The rain.
(b) Each other.
(c) The flowers.
(d) The sand.
15. What is Lou Ann involved in during Chapter 10?
(a) Nursing Esperanza back to health.
(b) Mourning her divorce.
(d) A job search.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Esperanza give to Turtle in Chapter 16?
2. What does Taylor do when she wakes up next to Esteban?
3. Where is the setting at the beginning of Chapter 16?
4. What point in the year is it in Chapter 10?
5. Who are Taylor, Esteban, and Esperanza stopped by on their drive?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)