|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the national bird of Esteban's homeland?
(a) The quetzal.
(b) The parrot.
(c) The macaw.
(d) The seagull.
2. To where to Mattie, Taylor, Esteban and Esperanza go at the beginning of Chapter 12?
(a) The desert.
(c) The west coast.
(d) The beach.
3. What place had Lou Ann avoided since Dwayne Ray was born?
(a) Jesus is Lord Used Tires.
(c) Lee Sing's.
(d) The Adult porn shop.
4. What does Esteban believe to be the symbol of the United States?
(a) A lion.
(b) An eagle.
(c) An alligator.
(d) A flag.
5. How many wishes does Taylor make while on her drive with Esteban and Esperanza?
6. Mattie informs Taylor that Esteban and Esperanza will move away. Where will they go?
(a) A safe house.
(b) The beach.
(c) Back to their home.
(d) A Mongolian tent home.
7. In Chapter 11, from where does Lou Ann receive a package?
8. What does Taylor do when she wakes up next to Esteban?
(a) Kisses his hand.
(b) Curls next to him and falls back to sleep.
(d) Wakes up disgusted.
9. What does the characters stop to smell in Chapter 12?
(a) The flowers.
(b) The sand.
(c) The rain.
(d) Each other.
10. What is Edna sniffing in the market?
(c) Paper towels.
(d) Toilet paper.
11. What plant does Turtle point to in the garden in Chapter 10?
(c) Honey suckle.
12. Virgie Mae Parsons points to a flower in Chapter 13. What happens to the flower if it is touched?
(a) Other flowers will bloom.
(b) It grows larger.
(c) It blossoms.
(d) It shrivels.
13. What does Esperanza give to Turtle in Chapter 16?
(a) A bracelet.
(b) A good luck charm.
(c) A medal.
(d) A ring.
14. What is lying dead in the center line of the road as Taylor drives with Esteban and Esperanza late in the novel?
(a) A squirrel.
(b) A blue jay.
(c) A cardinal.
(d) A blackbird.
15. What type of vehicle to does Mattie drive?
(a) A compact car.
(b) A truck.
(c) A VW Bug.
(d) A sedan.
Short Answer Questions
1. What will happen to the national bird of Esteban's country if caged?
2. What does Virgie Mae Parsons claim the images of the flower represent ?
3. What did Esperanza use in her attempt to commit suicide?
4. Where does Esteban claim Turtle was born while dealing with the adoption?
5. In Chapter 11, Lou Ann receives a package. Who is it from?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)