|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Esteban and Esperanza have to wear during the adoption meeting?
(a) Old, grubby clothes.
(b) Face makeup.
(d) Elaborate costumes.
2. What does the characters stop to smell in Chapter 12?
(a) The rain.
(b) The flowers.
(c) Each other.
(d) The sand.
3. How many times a week does Taylor visit Cynthia?
(b) Every day.
4. What news does Taylor receive at the beginning of chapter 10?
(a) That Turtle is ill.
(b) That Esperanza is very sick.
(c) Mattie will not be coming back.
(d) That Esperanza is fine.
5. What will happen to the national bird of Esteban's country if caged?
(a) It will die.
(b) It will no longer grow.
(c) It will live a long life.
(d) It will reproduce.
6. What does the Guatemalan police use telephones and electricity for?
(a) Phone calls.
(b) High speed internet.
(d) Heat generator.
7. What does Esteban use before engaging in a dance while on a trip with Esperanza, Taylor and Mattie?
(a) A song.
(b) A handkerchief.
(c) A handshake.
(d) A rose.
8. To where to Mattie, Taylor, Esteban and Esperanza go at the beginning of Chapter 12?
(a) The west coast.
(b) The beach.
(c) The desert.
9. Who are Taylor, Esteban, and Esperanza stopped by on their drive?
(a) Traffic corrections.
(c) The Mayor.
(d) The police.
10. What point in the year is it in Chapter 10?
11. What does Turtle say to Esteban when he gives her a pep talk in Chapter 16?
(c) She calls him daddy.
(d) She cries.
12. What happened to Scotty?
(a) He killed himself.
(b) He committed murder.
(c) He died tragically.
(d) He made a lot of money and moved away.
13. What does Turtle say as she points to the plants in the garden?
14. Where does Turtle go while Taylor was away with Mattie, Esteban and Esperanza?
(a) The lake.
(b) The park.
(c) The grocery store.
(d) The pool.
15. What does Taylor do when she wakes up next to Esteban?
(b) Wakes up disgusted.
(c) Curls next to him and falls back to sleep.
(d) Kisses his hand.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Lou Ann's brother see himself in the future?
2. How long will it be before legal action is taken regarding Turtle's adoption?
3. What does Esteban believe to be the symbol of the United States?
4. To whom does Lou Ann's horoscope state she will listen?
5. Mattie informs Taylor that Esteban and Esperanza will move away. Where will they go?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)