|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was keeping Lou Ann and Taylor awake at night in Chapter 11?
(b) Roosters crowing.
(c) The neighbors.
(d) The heat.
2. What did Edna Poppy his the "bad man" with?
(a) Her purse.
(b) A baseball bat.
(c) Her hand.
(d) Her cane.
3. Where does Turtle go while Taylor was away with Mattie, Esteban and Esperanza?
(a) The park.
(b) The lake.
(c) The grocery store.
(d) The pool.
4. What does Esteban believe has happened to Ismene?
(a) She was sentenced to death.
(b) She was left on the streets.
(c) She was tortured.
(d) She was adopted and given a good home.
5. What does Esteban believe to be the symbol of the United States?
(a) An alligator.
(b) A flag.
(c) An eagle.
(d) A lion.
6. What does Lou Ann believe the old woman gives her when they see each other at the market?
(a) An apple.
(b) A curse.
(c) A free tarot reading.
(d) The evil eye.
7. What does Turtle say to Esteban when he gives her a pep talk in Chapter 16?
(a) She calls him daddy.
(c) She cries.
8. What does Turtle say as she points to the plants in the garden?
9. Where is the setting at the beginning of Chapter 16?
(a) A law office.
(b) A hospital.
(d) The lake.
10. In Chapter 11, from where does Lou Ann receive a package?
11. Who do Lou Ann and her brother look to in order to view the future?
(a) A crystal ball.
(b) A fortune doll.
(c) A soothsayer.
(d) A fortune teller.
12. Where does Lou Ann get a job?
(a) Red Hot Mama's salsa factory.
(b) Burger Derby.
(c) Lee Sing's.
(d) Jesus is Lord Used Tires.
13. Who was Esteban protecting before he fled his country?
(a) Convicted family members.
(b) Young children.
(d) Group leaders of a teacher's union.
14. What does Taylor have to call Esteban and Esperanza while they travel?
(a) John and Jessica.
(b) Steve and Hope.
(c) Steve and Helen.
(d) James and Mary.
15. To where are Angel's family members moving?
(c) Rhode Island.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Lou Ann involved in during Chapter 10?
2. What does Virgie Mae Parsons claim the images of the flower represent ?
3. What does the characters stop to smell in Chapter 12?
4. How many wishes does Taylor make while on her drive with Esteban and Esperanza?
5. What does Turtle yell when passing a cemetery?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)