|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lou Ann bring to Taylor's bedroom in Chapter 12?
(a) Soup and crackers.
(b) A cheesburger.
(c) Chicken and potatoes.
2. What point in the year is it in Chapter 10?
3. Where is Lou Ann during Esperanza's attempted suicide?
(a) With her in-laws.
(b) The mountains.
(c) The beach.
(d) With her mother and grandmother.
4. What place had Lou Ann avoided since Dwayne Ray was born?
(a) Lee Sing's.
(b) Jesus is Lord Used Tires.
(c) The Adult porn shop.
5. Why did Esperanza and Esteban need to look different in Chapter 16?
(a) They needed to convince others that they are brother and sister.
(b) They needed to pretend to be makeup artists.
(c) Because they need to look like stage performers.
(d) Because they needed people to believe that they were very poor.
6. Who do Lou Ann and her brother look to in order to view the future?
(a) A soothsayer.
(b) A fortune doll.
(c) A crystal ball.
(d) A fortune teller.
7. What is Edna sniffing in the market?
(a) Toilet paper.
(b) Paper towels.
8. What does Esteban say about Turtle in Chapter 14?
(a) That she enjoys riding in cars.
(b) That she is sleeping.
(c) That she is his child.
(d) That she is very ill.
9. To where are Angel's family members moving?
(d) Rhode Island.
10. To where to Mattie, Taylor, Esteban and Esperanza go at the beginning of Chapter 12?
(a) The beach.
(c) The west coast.
(d) The desert.
11. What does "Esperanza" mean?
12. What was keeping Lou Ann and Taylor awake at night in Chapter 11?
(a) Roosters crowing.
(b) The neighbors.
(d) The heat.
13. How many times a week does Taylor visit Cynthia?
(d) Every day.
14. Who are Taylor, Esteban, and Esperanza stopped by on their drive?
(a) The police.
(b) The Mayor.
(c) Traffic corrections.
15. Lou Ann believes that Dwayne Ray will not live to see the year _____.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where will Taylor drive Esperanza Esteban in Chapter 13?
2. What do Esteban and Esperanza lose before leaving their country?
3. What is Lou Ann involved in during Chapter 10?
4. What does Turtle say to Esteban when he gives her a pep talk in Chapter 16?
5. What does Taylor have to call Esteban and Esperanza while they travel?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)