|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Lou Ann during Esperanza's attempted suicide?
(a) With her mother and grandmother.
(b) The beach.
(c) With her in-laws.
(d) The mountains.
2. How does Lou Ann's brother see himself in the future?
(a) As an old man with a long, white beard.
(b) As a successful business man.
(c) He does not see himself at all.
(d) As a man who is lucky in love.
3. Lou Ann believes that Dwayne Ray will not live to see the year _____.
4. Who comes to Lou Ann in dreams to give her the predictions about Dwayne Ray?
(a) An angel.
(b) A fairy.
(d) A devil.
5. What does the characters stop to smell in Chapter 12?
(a) Each other.
(b) The flowers.
(c) The sand.
(d) The rain.
6. To whom does Lou Ann's horoscope state she will listen?
(a) Her mother.
(b) A friend.
(c) A stranger.
(d) Her grandmother.
7. What was keeping Lou Ann and Taylor awake at night in Chapter 11?
(a) The heat.
(b) Roosters crowing.
(d) The neighbors.
8. What does Esteban say about Turtle in Chapter 14?
(a) That she is sleeping.
(b) That she is his child.
(c) That she is very ill.
(d) That she enjoys riding in cars.
9. What did Edna Poppy his the "bad man" with?
(a) A baseball bat.
(b) Her hand.
(c) Her purse.
(d) Her cane.
10. How did Lou Ann see herself in the future?
11. Where do Esteban, Esperanza and Taylor get stopped when Taylor is driving them?
(b) New Mexico.
12. What does Turtle say as she points to the plants in the garden?
13. How much time does Lou Ann take off work to stay home with Taylor?
(a) Two days.
(b) Three days.
(c) A week.
(d) Two weeks.
14. What is Lou Ann involved in during Chapter 10?
(a) Mourning her divorce.
(b) A job search.
(d) Nursing Esperanza back to health.
15. What plant does Turtle point to in the garden in Chapter 10?
(a) Honey suckle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Taylor realize about Edna in Chapter 10?
2. What does Lou Ann believe the old woman gives her when they see each other at the market?
3. What school group was Scotty a part of?
4. To where are Angel's family members moving?
5. What do Taylor and Esteban throw when they make a wish late in the novel?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)