|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was keeping Lou Ann and Taylor awake at night in Chapter 11?
(a) The neighbors.
(b) Roosters crowing.
(d) The heat.
2. How did Lou Ann see herself in the future?
3. What type of car does Taylor take in Chapter 13?
(a) A Pontiac.
(b) A Lincoln.
(c) A Buick.
(d) A Mustang.
4. What does Lou Ann believe the old woman gives her when they see each other at the market?
(a) A free tarot reading.
(b) A curse.
(c) An apple.
(d) The evil eye.
5. What does Taylor do when she wakes up next to Esteban?
(a) Curls next to him and falls back to sleep.
(b) Kisses his hand.
(d) Wakes up disgusted.
6. What point in the year is it in Chapter 10?
7. What is Edna sniffing in the market?
(a) Paper towels.
(c) Toilet paper.
8. What does Mattie hand to Taylor before she begins her trip with Esteban and Esperanza in Chapter 13?
(a) A book for Turtle.
(b) A envelope of money.
(c) A good luck charm.
(d) An old necklace.
9. How does Lou Ann's brother see himself in the future?
(a) As a successful business man.
(b) As a man who is lucky in love.
(c) He does not see himself at all.
(d) As an old man with a long, white beard.
10. What is lying dead in the center line of the road as Taylor drives with Esteban and Esperanza late in the novel?
(a) A blue jay.
(b) A blackbird.
(c) A cardinal.
(d) A squirrel.
11. Where do Esteban, Esperanza and Taylor get stopped when Taylor is driving them?
(c) New Mexico.
12. What do Taylor and Esteban throw when they make a wish late in the novel?
(a) A bead.
(b) A good luck charm.
(c) Flower petals.
(d) A penny.
13. What does Turtle yell when passing a cemetery?
(d) Bean trees.
14. What does the Guatemalan police use telephones and electricity for?
(a) High speed internet.
(c) Heat generator.
(d) Phone calls.
15. Who was Esteban protecting before he fled his country?
(a) Convicted family members.
(c) Young children.
(d) Group leaders of a teacher's union.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lou Ann believe will happen to California?
2. Who do Lou Ann and her brother look to in order to view the future?
3. What does Esteban say about Turtle in Chapter 14?
4. Where is Lou Ann during Esperanza's attempted suicide?
5. How many wishes does Taylor make while on her drive with Esteban and Esperanza?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)