|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lou Ann believe the old woman gives her when they see each other at the market?
(a) A curse.
(b) A free tarot reading.
(c) An apple.
(d) The evil eye.
2. What does Esteban say about Turtle in Chapter 14?
(a) That she is his child.
(b) That she is sleeping.
(c) That she is very ill.
(d) That she enjoys riding in cars.
3. What does Lou Ann believe will happen to California?
(a) It will be taken over by crime.
(b) It will enter into a depression.
(c) It will drop into the ocean.
(d) It will flourish.
4. What does Turtle say to Esteban when he gives her a pep talk in Chapter 16?
(b) She calls him daddy.
(d) She cries.
5. Who do Lou Ann and her brother look to in order to view the future?
(a) A fortune doll.
(b) A soothsayer.
(c) A fortune teller.
(d) A crystal ball.
6. Why did Esperanza and Esteban need to look different in Chapter 16?
(a) Because they need to look like stage performers.
(b) They needed to pretend to be makeup artists.
(c) They needed to convince others that they are brother and sister.
(d) Because they needed people to believe that they were very poor.
7. What school group was Taylor a part of in high school?
(c) Pink Ladies.
8. What type of car does Taylor take in Chapter 13?
(a) A Pontiac.
(b) A Buick.
(c) A Lincoln.
(d) A Mustang.
9. Where are Esteban and Taylor curled up in Chapter 9?
(a) The floor.
(c) Taylor's bed.
(d) The sofa.
10. Lou Ann believes that Dwayne Ray will not live to see the year _____.
11. How much time does Lou Ann take off work to stay home with Taylor?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) Two days.
(c) A week.
(d) Three days.
12. Who was Esteban protecting before he fled his country?
(a) Young children.
(c) Convicted family members.
(d) Group leaders of a teacher's union.
13. Where do Esteban, Esperanza and Taylor get stopped when Taylor is driving them?
(c) New Mexico.
14. Which character claims that they are on a "blind date with destiny" during a trip they are taking together?
(c) Lou Ann.
15. Where is the setting at the beginning of Chapter 16?
(b) The lake.
(c) A hospital.
(d) A law office.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal is making the sound that the characters hear in Chapter 12?
2. To where are Angel's family members moving?
3. In Chapter 11, from where does Lou Ann receive a package?
4. Where is Mattie during the time of Esperanza's attempted suicide?
5. What do Esteban and Esperanza lose before leaving their country?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)