|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does Lou Ann's horoscope state she will listen?
(a) Her mother.
(b) A friend.
(c) A stranger.
(d) Her grandmother.
2. In Chapter 11, Lou Ann receives a package. Who is it from?
(a) Edna Poppy.
(b) Lee Sing.
(d) Mrs. Parsons.
3. Where does Esteban claim Turtle was born while dealing with the adoption?
(a) On the street.
(b) A hospital.
(c) In his home.
(d) A Plymouth.
4. What is the significance of the day that Mattie, Taylor, Esperanza and Esteban travel in Chapter 12?
(a) The beginning of hunting season.
(b) Native American New Year.
(d) The first day of summer.
5. Who do Lou Ann and her brother look to in order to view the future?
(a) A crystal ball.
(b) A fortune doll.
(c) A fortune teller.
(d) A soothsayer.
6. What school group was Taylor a part of in high school?
(b) Pink Ladies.
7. What did Edna Poppy his the "bad man" with?
(a) Her hand.
(b) Her cane.
(c) A baseball bat.
(d) Her purse.
8. What do Taylor and Esteban rent in Chapter 15?
(a) A hotel room.
(b) Fancy clothing.
(c) A car.
(d) A rowboat.
9. How many wishes does Taylor make while on her drive with Esteban and Esperanza?
10. What does Turtle yell when passing a cemetery?
(b) Bean trees.
11. Where is Lou Ann during Esperanza's attempted suicide?
(a) With her in-laws.
(b) The mountains.
(c) With her mother and grandmother.
(d) The beach.
12. What does Esteban use before engaging in a dance while on a trip with Esperanza, Taylor and Mattie?
(a) A rose.
(b) A handkerchief.
(c) A handshake.
(d) A song.
13. What place had Lou Ann avoided since Dwayne Ray was born?
(a) Lee Sing's.
(b) Jesus is Lord Used Tires.
(c) The Adult porn shop.
14. What does Lou Ann believe will happen to California?
(a) It will enter into a depression.
(b) It will drop into the ocean.
(c) It will be taken over by crime.
(d) It will flourish.
15. Where does Turtle go while Taylor was away with Mattie, Esteban and Esperanza?
(a) The pool.
(b) The grocery store.
(c) The lake.
(d) The park.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Esperanza and Esteban need to look different in Chapter 16?
2. How does Lou Ann interpret travel?
3. What does Turtle say to Esteban when he gives her a pep talk in Chapter 16?
4. What does Esteban believe to be the symbol of the United States?
5. What animal is making the sound that the characters hear in Chapter 12?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)