|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In addition to the doctor's comment about Turtle's health, he discovers something else after reading her X-rays. What does he find?
(a) Turtle is missing a rib.
(b) Turtle has scoliosis.
(c) Turtle has "failure to thrive".
(d) Turtle has "failure to launch".
2. What is Lou Ann thinking of while she nurses Dwayne Ray?
(a) Her baptism.
(b) Her mother.
3. What is the problem with Taylor's car?
(a) The transmission has blown.
(b) The car has run out of gas.
(c) The car has two flat tires.
(d) The oil needs to be changed.
4. What prompts Taylor to look for a roommate?
(a) She is lonely.
(b) She wants to make more friends.
(c) She thought it would be fun.
(d) Her lack of funds.
5. How many days does Taylor work at the Burger Derby?
(a) 5 days.
(b) One week.
(c) 2 weeks.
(d) 6 days.
6. Narrator, Taylor Greer, was formerly known as:
7. After the doctor's visit, where does Taylor take Turtle?
(a) The zoo.
(b) The museum.
(c) A waterpark.
(d) The desert.
8. Where did Mattie get her purple beans?
(a) From the Chinese woman next door.
(b) The convenience store.
(c) From Lou Ann.
(d) From Lee Sing's shop.
9. How does Lou Ann wave to her mother and grandmother?
(a) With tears.
(b) With a handkerchief.
(c) With her hand.
(d) With her son's arms.
10. Where did Angel drive Lou Ann's mother and grandmother?
(a) The mall.
(b) The grocery store.
(c) Lee Sing's.
(d) The Greyhound station.
11. Taylor returns home from a hard day at work for Mattie. What is Lou Ann reading when Taylor arrives home?
(a) A book on divorce.
(b) A gossip magazine.
(c) A baby name book.
(d) A self help book.
12. What is Lou Ann's regular ritual?
(a) Nail biting.
(b) Hair cutting.
13. What does Mattie promise Taylor in Chapter 6?
(a) To show her how to do a tune-up.
(b) To show her how to fix her transmission.
(c) To show her how to fix her ignition.
(d) To show her how to change her oil.
14. What nationality is Angel?
(b) Mexican American.
15. What does Angel do with the baptism water?
(a) He drinks it.
(b) He takes the water to a priest.
(c) He trys to baptize Dwayne Ray.
(d) He pours it down the drain.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mama's profession?
2. What does Lou Ann's cat like to do?
3. What is the name of Lou Ann's cat?
4. What did Angel have to give up before his car accident?
5. Taylor, Esteban, Esperanza and Mattie take a short trip. While others are swimming, what is Esperanza obsessed with?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)