|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Taylor, Esteban, Esperanza and Mattie take a short trip. While others are swimming, what is Esperanza obsessed with?
(a) Playing with Turtle.
(c) Watching Turtle.
(d) Watching Esteban.
2. Who visits Mattie in Chapter 3 while Taylor are Turtle are waiting to hear about their car's damage ?
(a) A Rabbi.
(b) A Catholic Priest.
(c) A Minister.
(d) The Police.
3. What is also on the headstone of Lou Ann's father?
(a) A gold pendant.
(c) A prayer.
(d) Her mother's name.
4. Why was Taylor chosen for the job in her hometown?
(a) She promised to do a good job if chosen.
(b) She had been promoted from a previous job.
(c) She was best qualified for the job.
(d) She was the first student to ask.
5. What words does Lou Ann use to describe Taylor in Chapter 5?
(a) Naive, lovely.
(b) Loving, caring.
(c) Smart, cute, skinny.
(d) Tall, lanky, pretty.
6. Which literary theme is prevalent throughout Chapter 2?
(a) Teen pregancy.
7. What did Lou Ann claim to fall for Angel?
(a) He told her she was beautiful.
(b) He made her laugh.
(c) Because he was exotic.
(d) She thought he was handsome.
8. What does Lou Ann wear to bed the night Angel leaves her?
(b) A nightgown.
(c) Angel's old t-shirt.
(d) A pair of shoes.
9. What did Angel lose in the car accident?
(a) His arm.
(b) His hearing.
(c) His sight.
(d) His leg.
10. What type of car does Taylor buy after she decides to leave home?
(a) Volkswagon jetta.
(b) Volkswagon bug.
(c) Ford pickup truck.
11. What name does Lou Ann believe is Turtle's birth name?
12. What day did Taylor, Esteban, Esperanza and Turtle have a picnic?
13. What is the name of Lou Ann's cat?
14. Taylor's teacher, Hughes Walter, helped her get her first job. What subject did he teach?
15. What type of town does the narrator find herself in while in Oklahoma?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Angel have to give up before his car accident?
2. What is the profession of Bobby Bingo's son?
3. Where are Taylor and Turtle living?
4. Which is a characteristic of the potential roommates Taylor meets in Chapter 5?
5. What date is it when Chapter 3 begins?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)