|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of town does the narrator find herself in while in Oklahoma?
2. What is the name of Lou Ann's cat?
3. What words does Lou Ann use to describe Taylor in Chapter 5?
(a) Loving, caring.
(b) Tall, lanky, pretty.
(c) Naive, lovely.
(d) Smart, cute, skinny.
4. Into which type of container does Granny Logan place Dwayne Ray's baptism water?
(a) A Pepsi bottle.
(b) A vial.
(c) A Coke bottle.
(d) A thermos.
5. What makes Taylor think "You are old Father William"?
(a) A children's book.
(b) Memories of her father.
(c) A poem she read.
(d) An old man.
6. What is Lou Ann reminded of when she sees Jesus is Lord Used Tires?
(a) Her church.
(b) Her first car.
(c) Her childhood home in Kentucky.
(d) Newt Hardbine.
7. Who does Taylor have romantic feelings toward?
8. What is Mama's profession?
(c) House cleaner.
9. What event in Taylor's life influences her to leave home?
(a) She becomes pregnant.
(b) The brutal death of a friend.
(c) Her mother dies.
(d) She gets accepted to college.
10. What prompts Taylor to look for a roommate?
(a) Her lack of funds.
(b) She wants to make more friends.
(c) She thought it would be fun.
(d) She is lonely.
11. What did Angel have to give up before his car accident?
(a) Bull Fighting.
(b) Ballroom Dancing.
(c) Rodeo Riding.
(d) Kentucky Derby Racing.
12. Where in Arizona does Chapter Two take place?
13. In an effort to assure Taylor, what does Mattie say that she will handle in Chapter 6?
(a) The police.
14. Who did Lou Ann's brother marry?
(a) A Hawaiian woman.
(b) A British woman.
(c) An Eskimo woman.
(d) A Native American woman.
15. Mattie attempts to persuade Taylor to work for her but Taylor has a fear of tires. What does Mattie throw into the deal in order to persuade Taylor to work for her?
(a) Free food.
(b) Two new tires.
(c) Candy for Turtle.
(d) A new place to live.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Taylor work while living in Kentucky?
2. Where are Taylor and Turtle living?
3. In Chapter 5, what wakes Taylor and Turtle each morning at 6:15?
4. What does Terry bring with him when he visits Mattie?
5. What is the problem with Taylor's car?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)