|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the problem with Taylor's car?
(a) The transmission has blown.
(b) The car has two flat tires.
(c) The oil needs to be changed.
(d) The car has run out of gas.
2. Taylor's teacher, Hughes Walter, helped her get her first job. What subject did he teach?
3. Why does Granny Logan want to baptize Dwayne Ray in specific water?
(a) Because Granny Logan believes the water has magical powers.
(b) Because the water is from a religious journey.
(c) Because the water has been blessed.
(d) Because Lou Ann was baptized in the same water.
4. What does Lou Ann talk about in length as she and Taylor eat dinner
(c) Roller coasters.
(d) Strange ways for people to die.
5. Where in Arizona does Chapter Two take place?
6. What date is it when Chapter 3 begins?
(a) December 2.
(b) June 4.
(c) January 6.
(d) January 2.
7. What is the name of Lou Ann's cat?
8. What type of car does Taylor buy after she decides to leave home?
(b) Volkswagon bug.
(c) Volkswagon jetta.
(d) Ford pickup truck.
9. What does Lou Ann's cat like to do?
(a) Catch mice.
(b) Eat fish.
(c) Drink from the toilet.
(d) Dig holes for going to the bathroom.
10. What is also on the headstone of Lou Ann's father?
(a) Her mother's name.
(c) A prayer.
(d) A gold pendant.
11. What was the name of the hotel Taylor stayed at for the Christmas season?
(a) Broken Arrow.
(c) Rusty Nail.
(d) Silver Bullet.
12. When is Lou Ann's child due?
(a) Six months.
(b) Eight months.
(c) Two months.
(d) Three months.
13. What words does Lou Ann use to describe Taylor in Chapter 5?
(a) Naive, lovely.
(b) Tall, lanky, pretty.
(c) Smart, cute, skinny.
(d) Loving, caring.
14. What did Angel lose in the car accident?
(a) His leg.
(b) His sight.
(c) His hearing.
(d) His arm.
15. What does Taylor reassure Lou Ann of in Chapter 7?
(a) That Angel will come back.
(b) That she is attractive.
(c) That she will be a good mother.
(d) That things will get better.
Short Answer Questions
1. What name does Lou Ann believe is Turtle's birth name?
2. Where does Chapter 3 take place?
3. Where did Taylor work while living in Kentucky?
4. What is Lou Ann reminded of when she sees Jesus is Lord Used Tires?
5. What does Lou Ann make for dinner in Chapter 6?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)