|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In addition to the doctor's comment about Turtle's health, he discovers something else after reading her X-rays. What does he find?
(a) Turtle has "failure to launch".
(b) Turtle has scoliosis.
(c) Turtle has "failure to thrive".
(d) Turtle is missing a rib.
2. What makes Taylor think "You are old Father William"?
(a) An old man.
(b) A poem she read.
(c) A children's book.
(d) Memories of her father.
3. Where did Angel drive Lou Ann's mother and grandmother?
(a) The Greyhound station.
(b) Lee Sing's.
(c) The grocery store.
(d) The mall.
4. Why was Taylor chosen for the job in her hometown?
(a) She was best qualified for the job.
(b) She had been promoted from a previous job.
(c) She promised to do a good job if chosen.
(d) She was the first student to ask.
5. What is Edna's annoying habit?
(a) Looking past people when speaking to them.
(b) Picking her nose.
(c) Twirling her hair.
(d) Chewing with her mouth open.
6. What do Taylor's potential roommates say about hot dogs?
(a) They love hot dogs from Chicago.
(b) That they are harmful.
(c) They are their favorite food.
(d) They wonder how to make them.
7. What did Mattie buy for Turtle in Chapter 6?
(a) A drawing.
(b) A book.
(c) A sweater.
(d) A doll.
8. What is Lou Ann thinking of while she nurses Dwayne Ray?
(a) Her baptism.
(c) Her mother.
9. What does Lou Ann wear to bed the night Angel leaves her?
(a) A nightgown.
(b) Angel's old t-shirt.
(d) A pair of shoes.
10. What does Mattie talk about on television?
(a) The horrors of hot dogs.
(b) Gardening tips.
(d) Cooking recipes.
11. Lou Ann's husband leaves her on which holiday?
12. Which literary theme is prevalent throughout Chapter 2?
(a) Teen pregancy.
13. Taylor returns home from a hard day at work for Mattie. What is Lou Ann reading when Taylor arrives home?
(a) A baby name book.
(b) A book on divorce.
(c) A gossip magazine.
(d) A self help book.
14. For whom was Roosevelt Park named?
15. Narrator, Taylor Greer, was formerly known as:
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of town does the narrator find herself in while in Oklahoma?
2. How does Taylor come to realize that the child given to her in Chapter 1 is alive?
3. How many days does Taylor work at the Burger Derby?
4. Who came up with the name "Jesus is Lord Used Tires"?
5. What is Taylor's mother doing that she disagrees with?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)