|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lou Ann cautions Taylor about ______ , afraid that Turtle will choke on them.
2. Where did Angel drive Lou Ann's mother and grandmother?
(a) The Greyhound station.
(b) The grocery store.
(c) The mall.
(d) Lee Sing's.
3. What do Taylor and Lou Ann drink together as they sit on the couch in Chapter 6?
4. How does Taylor come to realize that the child given to her in Chapter 1 is alive?
(a) The baby grips Taylor tightly.
(b) The baby begins to cry.
(c) She checks the child's pulse.
(d) She smells the need for a diaper change.
5. In an effort to assure Taylor, what does Mattie say that she will handle in Chapter 6?
(c) The police.
6. What is also on the headstone of Lou Ann's father?
(a) A gold pendant.
(c) Her mother's name.
(d) A prayer.
7. Where did Mattie get her purple beans?
(a) From the Chinese woman next door.
(b) From Lou Ann.
(c) From Lee Sing's shop.
(d) The convenience store.
8. What does Lou Ann want to do after realizing that Angel has left her?
(a) Go out and find him.
(b) Commit suicide.
(c) Fall asleep.
(d) Devise a plan to get him back .
9. What was the name of the hotel Taylor stayed at for the Christmas season?
(a) Broken Arrow.
(c) Rusty Nail.
(d) Silver Bullet.
10. Who does Taylor meet at the Burger Derby?
(a) Dwayne Ray.
(b) Lou Ann.
(c) Mary Ann.
11. What nationality is Angel?
(c) Mexican American.
12. What does Lou Ann make for dinner in Chapter 6?
(a) Grilled cheese.
13. In Chapter 4, Lou Ann gets spooked when she notices the baptism water. What past event does this remind her of?
(a) When she thought that she had seen a ghost.
(b) When Dwayne Ray's horoscope predicted death.
(c) When she noticed Angel's things were missing.
(d) When she found her late father's garden gloves.
14. How many days does Taylor work at the Burger Derby?
(a) 6 days.
(b) 2 weeks.
(c) 5 days.
(d) One week.
15. What day did Taylor, Esteban, Esperanza and Turtle have a picnic?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Taylor stop working at the Burger Derby?
2. Narrator, Taylor Greer, was formerly known as:
3. For whom was Roosevelt Park named?
4. Where did Taylor work while living in Kentucky?
5. Who did Lou Ann's brother marry?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)