Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what point of view is Chapter Two narrated?
(a) Third Person.
(b) Limited Omniscient.
(d) First Person.
2. Where did Taylor work while living in Kentucky?
(a) Pittman County Hospital.
(b) Jesus is Lord Used Tires.
(c) Hotel Republic.
(d) Burger Derby.
3. What do Taylor's potential roommates say about hot dogs?
(a) That they are harmful.
(b) They are their favorite food.
(c) They wonder how to make them.
(d) They love hot dogs from Chicago.
4. What was the name of the hotel Taylor stayed at for the Christmas season?
(a) Broken Arrow.
(b) Rusty Nail.
(d) Silver Bullet.
5. What type of trees are mentioned at the beginning of Chapter 7?
6. What did Mattie buy for Turtle in Chapter 6?
(a) A drawing.
(b) A book.
(c) A sweater.
(d) A doll.
7. Where in Arizona does Chapter Two take place?
8. How does Taylor begin to look for a roommate?
(a) Asking around town.
(b) Searching for lonely people.
(d) The internet.
9. Taylor's teacher, Hughes Walter, helped her get her first job. What subject did he teach?
10. Where did Lou Ann's brother move to?
11. Why was Taylor chosen for the job in her hometown?
(a) She had been promoted from a previous job.
(b) She promised to do a good job if chosen.
(c) She was the first student to ask.
(d) She was best qualified for the job.
12. What words does Lou Ann use to describe Taylor in Chapter 5?
(a) Loving, caring.
(b) Tall, lanky, pretty.
(c) Smart, cute, skinny.
(d) Naive, lovely.
13. What does Angel do with the baptism water?
(a) He trys to baptize Dwayne Ray.
(b) He drinks it.
(c) He takes the water to a priest.
(d) He pours it down the drain.
14. Esperanza and Esteban are originally from which country?
15. Who did Lou Ann's brother marry?
(a) An Eskimo woman.
(b) A Native American woman.
(c) A British woman.
(d) A Hawaiian woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What event in Taylor's life influences her to leave home?
2. For whom was Roosevelt Park named?
3. What makes Esteban stop his car abruptly?
4. Taylor, Esteban, Esperanza and Mattie take a short trip. While others are swimming, what is Esperanza obsessed with?
5. What is Mrs. Parsons' view about aliens?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)