|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mama's profession?
(b) House cleaner.
2. What type of car backfires while Taylor is working on it?
(a) A Ford.
(b) A Dodge.
(c) A Honda.
(d) A Chevy.
3. Which character was left deaf by an accident?
(a) Mr. Shanks.
(d) Mr. Hardbine.
4. How many days does Taylor work at the Burger Derby?
(a) 6 days.
(b) One week.
(c) 2 weeks.
(d) 5 days.
5. What did Angel have to give up before his car accident?
(a) Kentucky Derby Racing.
(b) Ballroom Dancing.
(c) Bull Fighting.
(d) Rodeo Riding.
6. Which is a characteristic of the potential roommates Taylor meets in Chapter 5?
(a) They practice black magic.
(b) They are very religious.
(c) The are vegetarians.
(d) They love hot dogs.
7. Where did Mattie get her purple beans?
(a) The convenience store.
(b) From the Chinese woman next door.
(c) From Lee Sing's shop.
(d) From Lou Ann.
8. Mattie attempts to persuade Taylor to work for her but Taylor has a fear of tires. What does Mattie throw into the deal in order to persuade Taylor to work for her?
(a) Two new tires.
(b) Candy for Turtle.
(c) Free food.
(d) A new place to live.
9. Taylor's teacher, Hughes Walter, helped her get her first job. What subject did he teach?
10. Who does Taylor meet at the Burger Derby?
(a) Lou Ann.
(b) Dwayne Ray.
(d) Mary Ann.
11. For whom was Roosevelt Park named?
12. What type of vegetable does Lou Ann buy after her mother and grandmother end their visit in Chapter 4?
13. Where does Chapter 3 take place?
14. What does Lou Ann's cat like to do?
(a) Dig holes for going to the bathroom.
(b) Catch mice.
(c) Eat fish.
(d) Drink from the toilet.
15. Lou Ann's husband leaves her on which holiday?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Lou Ann reminded of when she sees Jesus is Lord Used Tires?
2. What does Mattie serve Turtle at Jesus is Lord Used Tires?
3. Taylor returns home from a hard day at work for Mattie. What is Lou Ann reading when Taylor arrives home?
4. Where in Arizona does Chapter Two take place?
5. What does Taylor reassure Lou Ann of in Chapter 7?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)