|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lou Ann want to do after realizing that Angel has left her?
(a) Devise a plan to get him back .
(b) Commit suicide.
(c) Go out and find him.
(d) Fall asleep.
2. What type of car backfires while Taylor is working on it?
(a) A Chevy.
(b) A Dodge.
(c) A Ford.
(d) A Honda.
3. What type of vegetable does Lou Ann buy after her mother and grandmother end their visit in Chapter 4?
4. For what is Bobby Bingo's son well known?
(a) His prices.
(b) His skills and knowledge.
(c) His loud voice.
(d) His crazy commercials.
5. What is the name of Lou Ann's cat?
6. Taylor returns home from a hard day at work for Mattie. What is Lou Ann reading when Taylor arrives home?
(a) A self help book.
(b) A gossip magazine.
(c) A baby name book.
(d) A book on divorce.
7. Narrator, Taylor Greer, was formerly known as:
8. How does Taylor come to realize that the child given to her in Chapter 1 is alive?
(a) She checks the child's pulse.
(b) The baby grips Taylor tightly.
(c) She smells the need for a diaper change.
(d) The baby begins to cry.
9. From what point of view is Chapter Two narrated?
(a) Limited Omniscient.
(c) First Person.
(d) Third Person.
10. How far apart are Taylor and Lou Ann's home towns?
(a) One county.
(b) Three miles.
(c) Two counties.
(d) Two miles.
11. What does Mattie talk about on television?
(a) Cooking recipes.
(b) Gardening tips.
(d) The horrors of hot dogs.
12. Why does Granny Logan want to baptize Dwayne Ray in specific water?
(a) Because Granny Logan believes the water has magical powers.
(b) Because Lou Ann was baptized in the same water.
(c) Because the water is from a religious journey.
(d) Because the water has been blessed.
13. What does Lou Ann talk about in length as she and Taylor eat dinner
(b) Strange ways for people to die.
(d) Roller coasters.
14. Who did Lou Ann's brother marry?
(a) A Hawaiian woman.
(b) A Native American woman.
(c) A British woman.
(d) An Eskimo woman.
15. In Chapter 5, what wakes Taylor and Turtle each morning at 6:15?
(a) The radio.
(b) A rooster.
(c) An alarm clock.
(d) A train whistle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Taylor chosen for the job in her hometown?
2. What was Esteban's profession before coming to the United States?
3. What makes Taylor think "You are old Father William"?
4. What type of shop is next door to Jesus is Lord Used Tires?
5. Where did Lou Ann's brother move to?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)