|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many days does Taylor work at the Burger Derby?
(a) 6 days.
(b) 5 days.
(c) 2 weeks.
(d) One week.
2. Who did Lou Ann's brother marry?
(a) An Eskimo woman.
(b) A Hawaiian woman.
(c) A Native American woman.
(d) A British woman.
3. What does Taylor confess to Mattie in Chapter 3?
(a) That she has run away from home.
(b) That she is an ex-convict.
(c) That she has stolen Turtle.
(d) That she cannot afford new tires.
4. From where does the baptism water come?
(a) The Tug Fork River.
(b) The Mississippi River.
(c) The Pot Luck River.
(d) The Thames River.
5. What do Taylor and Lou Ann drink together as they sit on the couch in Chapter 6?
6. From what point of view is Chapter Two narrated?
(a) Third Person.
(b) First Person.
(c) Limited Omniscient.
7. What day did Taylor, Esteban, Esperanza and Turtle have a picnic?
8. How does Taylor come to realize that the child given to her in Chapter 1 is alive?
(a) She checks the child's pulse.
(b) She smells the need for a diaper change.
(c) The baby begins to cry.
(d) The baby grips Taylor tightly.
9. What words does Lou Ann use to describe Taylor in Chapter 5?
(a) Naive, lovely.
(b) Smart, cute, skinny.
(c) Tall, lanky, pretty.
(d) Loving, caring.
10. Into which type of container does Granny Logan place Dwayne Ray's baptism water?
(a) A Coke bottle.
(b) A thermos.
(c) A vial.
(d) A Pepsi bottle.
11. Taylor, Esteban, Esperanza and Mattie take a short trip. While others are swimming, what is Esperanza obsessed with?
(b) Watching Esteban.
(c) Watching Turtle.
(d) Playing with Turtle.
12. In Chapter 5, Lou Ann is concerned about Dwayne Ray's ______.
13. In an effort to assure Taylor, what does Mattie say that she will handle in Chapter 6?
(a) The police.
14. Where did Taylor work while living in Kentucky?
(a) Burger Derby.
(b) Pittman County Hospital.
(c) Hotel Republic.
(d) Jesus is Lord Used Tires.
15. What event in Taylor's life influences her to leave home?
(a) She becomes pregnant.
(b) She gets accepted to college.
(c) Her mother dies.
(d) The brutal death of a friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of vegetable does Lou Ann buy after her mother and grandmother end their visit in Chapter 4?
2. Taylor's teacher, Hughes Walter, helped her get her first job. What subject did he teach?
3. What pops into Taylor's head when the man brings the Spanish-speaking people to Mattie's?
4. For whom was Roosevelt Park named?
5. What name does Lou Ann believe is Turtle's birth name?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)