|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Taylor's mother doing that she disagrees with?
(a) Changing her name.
(b) Getting married.
(c) Changing careers.
(d) Moving to Arizona.
2. What event in Taylor's life influences her to leave home?
(a) Her mother dies.
(b) She gets accepted to college.
(c) She becomes pregnant.
(d) The brutal death of a friend.
3. What is it that causes girls to drop out of Taylor's school in Kentucky?
(a) Poor Grades.
(c) Severe Illnesses.
4. What nationality is Angel?
(d) Mexican American.
5. What is the name of Lou Ann's cat?
6. What does Terry bring with him when he visits Mattie?
(a) A medical bag.
(b) A thermometer.
(c) Fresh fruit.
7. Who visits Mattie in Chapter 3 while Taylor are Turtle are waiting to hear about their car's damage ?
(a) A Catholic Priest.
(b) A Rabbi.
(c) A Minister.
(d) The Police.
8. Esperanza and Esteban are originally from which country?
9. What type of trees are mentioned at the beginning of Chapter 7?
10. What is also on the headstone of Lou Ann's father?
(a) A prayer.
(b) Her mother's name.
(c) A gold pendant.
11. What type of town does the narrator find herself in while in Oklahoma?
12. Who does Taylor have romantic feelings toward?
13. In Chapter 5, Lou Ann is concerned about Dwayne Ray's ______.
14. What pops into Taylor's head when the man brings the Spanish-speaking people to Mattie's?
(a) A poem.
(b) A song.
(c) Spanish food.
(d) The first amendment.
15. What words does Lou Ann use to describe Taylor in Chapter 5?
(a) Smart, cute, skinny.
(b) Naive, lovely.
(c) Tall, lanky, pretty.
(d) Loving, caring.
Short Answer Questions
1. In an effort to assure Taylor, what does Mattie say that she will handle in Chapter 6?
2. What did Lou Ann claim to fall for Angel?
3. What is Lou Ann reminded of when she sees Jesus is Lord Used Tires?
4. Lou Ann's husband leaves her on which holiday?
5. What name does Lou Ann believe is Turtle's birth name?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)