|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Lou Ann's regular ritual?
(c) Hair cutting.
(d) Nail biting.
2. What type of town does the narrator find herself in while in Oklahoma?
3. Taylor, Esteban, Esperanza and Mattie take a short trip. While others are swimming, what is Esperanza obsessed with?
(b) Watching Turtle.
(c) Playing with Turtle.
(d) Watching Esteban.
4. How does Taylor come to realize that the child given to her in Chapter 1 is alive?
(a) The baby begins to cry.
(b) She checks the child's pulse.
(c) She smells the need for a diaper change.
(d) The baby grips Taylor tightly.
5. What type of car does Taylor buy after she decides to leave home?
(a) Ford pickup truck.
(b) Volkswagon jetta.
(c) Volkswagon bug.
6. What is Lou Ann reminded of when she sees Jesus is Lord Used Tires?
(a) Her church.
(b) Her first car.
(c) Newt Hardbine.
(d) Her childhood home in Kentucky.
7. What pops into Taylor's head when the man brings the Spanish-speaking people to Mattie's?
(a) A song.
(b) Spanish food.
(c) The first amendment.
(d) A poem.
8. For what is Bobby Bingo's son well known?
(a) His loud voice.
(b) His skills and knowledge.
(c) His prices.
(d) His crazy commercials.
9. What type of trees are mentioned at the beginning of Chapter 7?
10. Where did Taylor work while living in Kentucky?
(a) Jesus is Lord Used Tires.
(b) Hotel Republic.
(c) Burger Derby.
(d) Pittman County Hospital.
11. What is the problem with Taylor's car?
(a) The transmission has blown.
(b) The car has run out of gas.
(c) The car has two flat tires.
(d) The oil needs to be changed.
12. From what point of view is Chapter Two narrated?
(a) First Person.
(c) Third Person.
(d) Limited Omniscient.
13. What does Taylor reassure Lou Ann of in Chapter 7?
(a) That things will get better.
(b) That Angel will come back.
(c) That she will be a good mother.
(d) That she is attractive.
14. What type of shop is next door to Jesus is Lord Used Tires?
(a) A Bakery.
(b) Adult Porn Shop.
(c) A Beer Distributer.
(d) A Coffee Shop.
15. Taylor returns home from a hard day at work for Mattie. What is Lou Ann reading when Taylor arrives home?
(a) A gossip magazine.
(b) A book on divorce.
(c) A baby name book.
(d) A self help book.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Lou Ann's cat?
2. What day did Taylor, Esteban, Esperanza and Turtle have a picnic?
3. Where are Taylor and Turtle living?
4. What prompts Taylor to look for a roommate?
5. What did Lou Ann claim to fall for Angel?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)