|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What nationality is Angel?
(b) Mexican American.
2. What does Taylor confess to Mattie in Chapter 3?
(a) That she is an ex-convict.
(b) That she cannot afford new tires.
(c) That she has run away from home.
(d) That she has stolen Turtle.
3. Which character was left deaf by an accident?
(b) Mr. Hardbine.
(c) Mr. Shanks.
4. What makes Taylor think "You are old Father William"?
(a) Memories of her father.
(b) A poem she read.
(c) An old man.
(d) A children's book.
5. What type of town does the narrator find herself in while in Oklahoma?
6. What does Angel do with the baptism water?
(a) He trys to baptize Dwayne Ray.
(b) He takes the water to a priest.
(c) He pours it down the drain.
(d) He drinks it.
7. From where does the baptism water come?
(a) The Tug Fork River.
(b) The Mississippi River.
(c) The Pot Luck River.
(d) The Thames River.
8. In addition to the doctor's comment about Turtle's health, he discovers something else after reading her X-rays. What does he find?
(a) Turtle has "failure to thrive".
(b) Turtle is missing a rib.
(c) Turtle has scoliosis.
(d) Turtle has "failure to launch".
9. What is the problem with Taylor's car?
(a) The car has run out of gas.
(b) The car has two flat tires.
(c) The oil needs to be changed.
(d) The transmission has blown.
10. Why does Granny Logan want to baptize Dwayne Ray in specific water?
(a) Because the water is from a religious journey.
(b) Because the water has been blessed.
(c) Because Granny Logan believes the water has magical powers.
(d) Because Lou Ann was baptized in the same water.
11. What is Mama's profession?
(d) House cleaner.
12. Which literary theme is prevalent throughout Chapter 2?
(c) Teen pregancy.
13. Why does Taylor stop working at the Burger Derby?
(a) She is fired.
(b) She does not know how to cook.
(c) She fights with the manager and quits.
(d) She finds a better job.
14. What do Taylor and Lou Ann drink together as they sit on the couch in Chapter 6?
15. After the doctor's visit, where does Taylor take Turtle?
(a) The desert.
(b) A waterpark.
(c) The zoo.
(d) The museum.
Short Answer Questions
1. What name does Lou Ann believe is Turtle's birth name?
2. How many days does Taylor work at the Burger Derby?
3. What day did Taylor, Esteban, Esperanza and Turtle have a picnic?
4. In Chapter 5, what wakes Taylor and Turtle each morning at 6:15?
5. Who does Taylor have romantic feelings toward?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)