|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Taylor's teacher, Hughes Walter, helped her get her first job. What subject did he teach?
2. How many days does Taylor work at the Burger Derby?
(a) 2 weeks.
(b) 5 days.
(c) 6 days.
(d) One week.
3. Where does Chapter 3 take place?
4. How far apart are Taylor and Lou Ann's home towns?
(a) One county.
(b) Two counties.
(c) Three miles.
(d) Two miles.
5. Which is a characteristic of the potential roommates Taylor meets in Chapter 5?
(a) They are very religious.
(b) They love hot dogs.
(c) They practice black magic.
(d) The are vegetarians.
6. What does Lou Ann wear to bed the night Angel leaves her?
(a) A nightgown.
(c) A pair of shoes.
(d) Angel's old t-shirt.
7. Lou Ann's husband leaves her on which holiday?
8. Taylor returns home from a hard day at work for Mattie. What is Lou Ann reading when Taylor arrives home?
(a) A gossip magazine.
(b) A self help book.
(c) A book on divorce.
(d) A baby name book.
9. What was Esteban's profession before coming to the United States?
(b) English teacher.
(c) Spanish techer.
10. What do Taylor's potential roommates say about hot dogs?
(a) They wonder how to make them.
(b) They are their favorite food.
(c) They love hot dogs from Chicago.
(d) That they are harmful.
11. What is Lou Ann's regular ritual?
(b) Hair cutting.
(c) Nail biting.
12. What is also on the headstone of Lou Ann's father?
(a) A prayer.
(b) A gold pendant.
(c) Her mother's name.
13. What did Angel have to give up before his car accident?
(a) Kentucky Derby Racing.
(b) Rodeo Riding.
(c) Bull Fighting.
(d) Ballroom Dancing.
14. What does Lou Ann talk about in length as she and Taylor eat dinner
(a) Roller coasters.
(b) Strange ways for people to die.
15. What is Taylor's mother doing that she disagrees with?
(a) Changing her name.
(b) Getting married.
(c) Changing careers.
(d) Moving to Arizona.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mama's profession?
2. What is Mrs. Parsons' view about aliens?
3. How does Lou Ann wave to her mother and grandmother?
4. What does Taylor confess to Mattie in Chapter 3?
5. What event in Taylor's life influences her to leave home?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)