|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Angel have to give up before his car accident?
(a) Rodeo Riding.
(b) Kentucky Derby Racing.
(c) Ballroom Dancing.
(d) Bull Fighting.
2. What type of car backfires while Taylor is working on it?
(a) A Dodge.
(b) A Honda.
(c) A Chevy.
(d) A Ford.
3. Where did Mattie get her purple beans?
(a) From the Chinese woman next door.
(b) From Lee Sing's shop.
(c) The convenience store.
(d) From Lou Ann.
4. Taylor, Esteban, Esperanza and Mattie take a short trip. While others are swimming, what is Esperanza obsessed with?
(a) Playing with Turtle.
(b) Watching Turtle.
(d) Watching Esteban.
5. What type of town does the narrator find herself in while in Oklahoma?
6. What do Taylor and Lou Ann drink together as they sit on the couch in Chapter 6?
7. Esperanza and Esteban are originally from which country?
8. Lou Ann cautions Taylor about ______ , afraid that Turtle will choke on them.
9. What do Taylor's potential roommates say about hot dogs?
(a) They love hot dogs from Chicago.
(b) That they are harmful.
(c) They are their favorite food.
(d) They wonder how to make them.
10. In Chapter 5, Lou Ann is concerned about Dwayne Ray's ______.
11. What does Mattie serve Turtle at Jesus is Lord Used Tires?
(a) Orange Juice.
(b) Pineapple Juice.
(c) Apple Juice.
(d) Cranberry Juice.
12. In Chapter 4, Lou Ann gets spooked when she notices the baptism water. What past event does this remind her of?
(a) When she thought that she had seen a ghost.
(b) When she noticed Angel's things were missing.
(c) When she found her late father's garden gloves.
(d) When Dwayne Ray's horoscope predicted death.
13. Where did Taylor work while living in Kentucky?
(a) Hotel Republic.
(b) Jesus is Lord Used Tires.
(c) Burger Derby.
(d) Pittman County Hospital.
14. What is Taylor's mother doing that she disagrees with?
(a) Getting married.
(b) Moving to Arizona.
(c) Changing careers.
(d) Changing her name.
15. Where did Angel drive Lou Ann's mother and grandmother?
(a) The mall.
(b) The Greyhound station.
(c) Lee Sing's.
(d) The grocery store.
Short Answer Questions
1. What prompts Taylor to look for a roommate?
2. When is Lou Ann's child due?
3. How far apart are Taylor and Lou Ann's home towns?
4. What is Edna's annoying habit?
5. How many days does Taylor work at the Burger Derby?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)