Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lou Ann's husband leaves her on which holiday?
2. When is Lou Ann's child due?
(a) Six months.
(b) Two months.
(c) Three months.
(d) Eight months.
3. How far apart are Taylor and Lou Ann's home towns?
(a) Three miles.
(b) One county.
(c) Two counties.
(d) Two miles.
4. What day did Taylor, Esteban, Esperanza and Turtle have a picnic?
5. What does Mattie promise Taylor in Chapter 6?
(a) To show her how to change her oil.
(b) To show her how to fix her ignition.
(c) To show her how to do a tune-up.
(d) To show her how to fix her transmission.
6. What is the name of Lou Ann's cat?
7. How does Lou Ann wave to her mother and grandmother?
(a) With a handkerchief.
(b) With her son's arms.
(c) With her hand.
(d) With tears.
8. What type of vegetable does Lou Ann buy after her mother and grandmother end their visit in Chapter 4?
9. What did Angel lose in the car accident?
(a) His sight.
(b) His leg.
(c) His arm.
(d) His hearing.
10. Which literary theme is prevalent throughout Chapter 2?
(d) Teen pregancy.
11. How many days does Taylor work at the Burger Derby?
(a) 2 weeks.
(b) One week.
(c) 5 days.
(d) 6 days.
12. After the doctor's visit, where does Taylor take Turtle?
(a) The museum.
(b) A waterpark.
(c) The zoo.
(d) The desert.
13. Who did Lou Ann's brother marry?
(a) A Native American woman.
(b) A Hawaiian woman.
(c) An Eskimo woman.
(d) A British woman.
14. Narrator, Taylor Greer, was formerly known as:
15. What type of car does Taylor buy after she decides to leave home?
(b) Ford pickup truck.
(c) Volkswagon jetta.
(d) Volkswagon bug.
Short Answer Questions
1. What name does Lou Ann believe is Turtle's birth name?
2. What type of trees are mentioned at the beginning of Chapter 7?
3. How does Taylor begin to look for a roommate?
4. Why was Taylor chosen for the job in her hometown?
5. What is Lou Ann's regular ritual?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)