|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Angel drive Lou Ann's mother and grandmother?
(a) The mall.
(b) The grocery store.
(c) The Greyhound station.
(d) Lee Sing's.
2. Who visits Mattie in Chapter 3 while Taylor are Turtle are waiting to hear about their car's damage ?
(a) A Catholic Priest.
(b) A Rabbi.
(c) A Minister.
(d) The Police.
3. What did Lou Ann claim to fall for Angel?
(a) Because he was exotic.
(b) He told her she was beautiful.
(c) He made her laugh.
(d) She thought he was handsome.
4. What color does Edna like to wear?
5. What makes Esteban stop his car abruptly?
(a) A Duck and her ducklings.
(b) A Cat and her kitten.
(c) A chipmunk.
(d) A quail and her brood.
6. What type of trees are mentioned at the beginning of Chapter 7?
7. Who came up with the name "Jesus is Lord Used Tires"?
(a) Mattie's grandfather.
(b) Mattie's late husband.
(c) A group of Mexican kids.
8. What is Mama's profession?
(d) House cleaner.
9. Into which type of container does Granny Logan place Dwayne Ray's baptism water?
(a) A Pepsi bottle.
(b) A thermos.
(c) A vial.
(d) A Coke bottle.
10. What does Taylor reassure Lou Ann of in Chapter 7?
(a) That things will get better.
(b) That she is attractive.
(c) That she will be a good mother.
(d) That Angel will come back.
11. What is the profession of Bobby Bingo's son?
(a) Car salesman.
(c) Shoe salesman.
12. Taylor returns home from a hard day at work for Mattie. What is Lou Ann reading when Taylor arrives home?
(a) A self help book.
(b) A gossip magazine.
(c) A book on divorce.
(d) A baby name book.
13. What is also on the headstone of Lou Ann's father?
(a) A gold pendant.
(c) Her mother's name.
(d) A prayer.
14. What makes Lou Ann's heart lurch?
(a) Dwayne Ray's cries.
(b) When she smells vegetables.
(c) When she hears "back home."
(d) When Angel drives her mother and grandmother.
15. After the doctor's visit, where does Taylor take Turtle?
(a) The zoo.
(b) A waterpark.
(c) The museum.
(d) The desert.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is it that causes girls to drop out of Taylor's school in Kentucky?
2. What event in Taylor's life influences her to leave home?
3. How does Lou Ann wave to her mother and grandmother?
4. What name does Lou Ann believe is Turtle's birth name?
5. From where does the baptism water come?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)