|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Taylor confess to Mattie in Chapter 3?
(a) That she is an ex-convict.
(b) That she has stolen Turtle.
(c) That she cannot afford new tires.
(d) That she has run away from home.
2. Who came up with the name "Jesus is Lord Used Tires"?
(b) Mattie's late husband.
(c) Mattie's grandfather.
(d) A group of Mexican kids.
3. What does Mattie serve Turtle at Jesus is Lord Used Tires?
(a) Apple Juice.
(b) Cranberry Juice.
(c) Pineapple Juice.
(d) Orange Juice.
4. In addition to the doctor's comment about Turtle's health, he discovers something else after reading her X-rays. What does he find?
(a) Turtle has scoliosis.
(b) Turtle has "failure to thrive".
(c) Turtle has "failure to launch".
(d) Turtle is missing a rib.
5. From what point of view is Chapter Two narrated?
(b) Limited Omniscient.
(c) First Person.
(d) Third Person.
6. What was the name of the hotel Taylor stayed at for the Christmas season?
(b) Broken Arrow.
(c) Rusty Nail.
(d) Silver Bullet.
7. Which character was left deaf by an accident?
(c) Mr. Hardbine.
(d) Mr. Shanks.
8. What is the profession of Bobby Bingo's son?
(b) Shoe salesman.
(d) Car salesman.
9. Narrator, Taylor Greer, was formerly known as:
10. What prompts Taylor to look for a roommate?
(a) She is lonely.
(b) Her lack of funds.
(c) She thought it would be fun.
(d) She wants to make more friends.
11. What name does Lou Ann believe is Turtle's birth name?
12. Lou Ann's husband leaves her on which holiday?
13. Esperanza and Esteban are originally from which country?
14. What event in Taylor's life influences her to leave home?
(a) Her mother dies.
(b) The brutal death of a friend.
(c) She gets accepted to college.
(d) She becomes pregnant.
15. What does Lou Ann talk about in length as she and Taylor eat dinner
(a) Roller coasters.
(b) Strange ways for people to die.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Taylor reassure Lou Ann of in Chapter 7?
2. Who does Taylor have romantic feelings toward?
3. What do Taylor's potential roommates say about hot dogs?
4. What are Taylor's favorite colors?
5. What is Lou Ann thinking of while she nurses Dwayne Ray?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)