|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mrs. Parsons' view about aliens?
(a) They mostly come from Mars.
(b) That they are horrible people.
(c) There are dead alien bodies in Roswell.
(d) That they should be returned to their native countries.
2. After the doctor's visit, where does Taylor take Turtle?
(a) The museum.
(b) The zoo.
(c) A waterpark.
(d) The desert.
3. Lou Ann's husband leaves her on which holiday?
4. Where did Mattie get her purple beans?
(a) From Lee Sing's shop.
(b) From Lou Ann.
(c) From the Chinese woman next door.
(d) The convenience store.
5. Taylor, Esteban, Esperanza and Mattie take a short trip. While others are swimming, what is Esperanza obsessed with?
(a) Watching Turtle.
(b) Playing with Turtle.
(c) Watching Esteban.
6. What does Lou Ann talk about in length as she and Taylor eat dinner
(b) Roller coasters.
(c) Strange ways for people to die.
7. From what point of view is Chapter Two narrated?
(a) Limited Omniscient.
(b) Third Person.
(d) First Person.
8. What color does Edna like to wear?
9. What was Esteban's profession before coming to the United States?
(c) Spanish techer.
(d) English teacher.
10. What prompts Taylor to look for a roommate?
(a) She thought it would be fun.
(b) Her lack of funds.
(c) She is lonely.
(d) She wants to make more friends.
11. Which character was left deaf by an accident?
(b) Mr. Hardbine.
(d) Mr. Shanks.
12. What does Taylor confess to Mattie in Chapter 3?
(a) That she cannot afford new tires.
(b) That she is an ex-convict.
(c) That she has run away from home.
(d) That she has stolen Turtle.
13. In Chapter 4, Lou Ann gets spooked when she notices the baptism water. What past event does this remind her of?
(a) When she thought that she had seen a ghost.
(b) When she found her late father's garden gloves.
(c) When she noticed Angel's things were missing.
(d) When Dwayne Ray's horoscope predicted death.
14. What does Terry bring with him when he visits Mattie?
(a) Fresh fruit.
(b) A medical bag.
(d) A thermometer.
15. When is Lou Ann's child due?
(a) Eight months.
(b) Three months.
(c) Two months.
(d) Six months.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 5, what wakes Taylor and Turtle each morning at 6:15?
2. What words does Lou Ann use to describe Taylor in Chapter 5?
3. What is also on the headstone of Lou Ann's father?
4. What does Lou Ann's cat like to do?
5. Esperanza and Esteban are originally from which country?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)