|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From where does the baptism water come?
(a) The Pot Luck River.
(b) The Mississippi River.
(c) The Thames River.
(d) The Tug Fork River.
2. Which literary theme is prevalent throughout Chapter 2?
(b) Teen pregancy.
3. When is Lou Ann's child due?
(a) Three months.
(b) Six months.
(c) Two months.
(d) Eight months.
4. What name does Lou Ann believe is Turtle's birth name?
5. Narrator, Taylor Greer, was formerly known as:
6. Who does Taylor meet at the Burger Derby?
(a) Mary Ann.
(b) Lou Ann.
(d) Dwayne Ray.
7. Who did Lou Ann's brother marry?
(a) A British woman.
(b) An Eskimo woman.
(c) A Native American woman.
(d) A Hawaiian woman.
8. What did Lou Ann claim to fall for Angel?
(a) Because he was exotic.
(b) She thought he was handsome.
(c) He told her she was beautiful.
(d) He made her laugh.
9. What is Lou Ann reminded of when she sees Jesus is Lord Used Tires?
(a) Newt Hardbine.
(b) Her first car.
(c) Her church.
(d) Her childhood home in Kentucky.
10. In Chapter 4, Lou Ann gets spooked when she notices the baptism water. What past event does this remind her of?
(a) When she thought that she had seen a ghost.
(b) When she found her late father's garden gloves.
(c) When she noticed Angel's things were missing.
(d) When Dwayne Ray's horoscope predicted death.
11. What makes Taylor think "You are old Father William"?
(a) A children's book.
(b) An old man.
(c) A poem she read.
(d) Memories of her father.
12. Taylor, Esteban, Esperanza and Mattie take a short trip. While others are swimming, what is Esperanza obsessed with?
(a) Watching Turtle.
(b) Playing with Turtle.
(c) Watching Esteban.
13. How does Taylor begin to look for a roommate?
(a) Searching for lonely people.
(b) Asking around town.
(c) The internet.
14. Taylor returns home from a hard day at work for Mattie. What is Lou Ann reading when Taylor arrives home?
(a) A baby name book.
(b) A gossip magazine.
(c) A book on divorce.
(d) A self help book.
15. What did Mattie buy for Turtle in Chapter 6?
(a) A book.
(b) A drawing.
(c) A sweater.
(d) A doll.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is it that causes girls to drop out of Taylor's school in Kentucky?
2. What does Lou Ann wear to bed the night Angel leaves her?
3. What type of vegetable does Lou Ann buy after her mother and grandmother end their visit in Chapter 4?
4. What date is it when Chapter 3 begins?
5. What does Lou Ann want to do after realizing that Angel has left her?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)