|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where will Taylor drive Esperanza Esteban in Chapter 13?
(b) New Mexico.
2. What is the problem with Taylor's car?
(a) The car has run out of gas.
(b) The transmission has blown.
(c) The car has two flat tires.
(d) The oil needs to be changed.
3. What is the significance of the day that Mattie, Taylor, Esperanza and Esteban travel in Chapter 12?
(b) The beginning of hunting season.
(c) The first day of summer.
(d) Native American New Year.
4. Why does Granny Logan want to baptize Dwayne Ray in specific water?
(a) Because Granny Logan believes the water has magical powers.
(b) Because the water has been blessed.
(c) Because Lou Ann was baptized in the same water.
(d) Because the water is from a religious journey.
5. What is the national bird of Esteban's homeland?
(a) The parrot.
(b) The seagull.
(c) The quetzal.
(d) The macaw.
Short Answer Questions
1. Taylor, Esteban, Esperanza and Mattie take a short trip. While others are swimming, what is Esperanza obsessed with?
2. What do Esteban, Esperanza and Taylor search for in Chapter 17?
3. What does Lou Ann believe the old woman gives her when they see each other at the market?
4. What type of shop is next door to Jesus is Lord Used Tires?
5. What does Lou Ann believe will happen to California?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)