|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Taylor's mother doing that she disagrees with?
(a) Changing her name.
(b) Changing careers.
(c) Getting married.
(d) Moving to Arizona.
2. How many times a week does Taylor visit Cynthia?
(c) Every day.
3. What does Esteban believe to be the symbol of the United States?
(a) A lion.
(b) An eagle.
(c) An alligator.
(d) A flag.
4. What does Turtle say to Esteban when he gives her a pep talk in Chapter 16?
(b) She cries.
(d) She calls him daddy.
5. In Chapter 5, what wakes Taylor and Turtle each morning at 6:15?
(a) The radio.
(b) A train whistle.
(c) An alarm clock.
(d) A rooster.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of song does Turtle sing to Taylor as they drive home at the end of the novel?
2. In Chapter 11, from where does Lou Ann receive a package?
3. To where to Mattie, Taylor, Esteban and Esperanza go at the beginning of Chapter 12?
4. In addition to the doctor's comment about Turtle's health, he discovers something else after reading her X-rays. What does he find?
5. How did Lou Ann see herself in the future?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)