|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Esteban protecting before he fled his country?
(b) Convicted family members.
(c) Group leaders of a teacher's union.
(d) Young children.
2. What is lying dead in the center line of the road as Taylor drives with Esteban and Esperanza late in the novel?
(a) A cardinal.
(b) A blue jay.
(c) A squirrel.
(d) A blackbird.
3. What is the profession of Bobby Bingo's son?
(b) Shoe salesman.
(d) Car salesman.
4. What does Mattie serve Turtle at Jesus is Lord Used Tires?
(a) Apple Juice.
(b) Orange Juice.
(c) Cranberry Juice.
(d) Pineapple Juice.
5. What words does Lou Ann use to describe Taylor in Chapter 5?
(a) Naive, lovely.
(b) Tall, lanky, pretty.
(c) Loving, caring.
(d) Smart, cute, skinny.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Turtle say as she points to the plants in the garden?
2. In Chapter 5, Lou Ann is concerned about Dwayne Ray's ______.
3. What school group was Taylor a part of in high school?
4. Why did Esperanza and Esteban need to look different in Chapter 16?
5. What do Esteban, Esperanza and Taylor search for in Chapter 17?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)