|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the national bird of Esteban's homeland?
(a) The parrot.
(b) The quetzal.
(c) The seagull.
(d) The macaw.
2. Where did Taylor work while living in Kentucky?
(a) Pittman County Hospital.
(b) Burger Derby.
(c) Hotel Republic.
(d) Jesus is Lord Used Tires.
3. What does Esteban say about Turtle in Chapter 14?
(a) That she is sleeping.
(b) That she is very ill.
(c) That she enjoys riding in cars.
(d) That she is his child.
4. Who came up with the name "Jesus is Lord Used Tires"?
(b) A group of Mexican kids.
(c) Mattie's late husband.
(d) Mattie's grandfather.
5. Taylor's teacher, Hughes Walter, helped her get her first job. What subject did he teach?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Lou Ann's regular ritual?
2. What does Esteban believe has happened to Ismene?
3. Where will Turtle be taken if Taylor cannot adopt her?
4. How does Taylor come to realize that the child given to her in Chapter 1 is alive?
5. Lou Ann's husband leaves her on which holiday?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)