|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does "Esperanza" mean?
2. Taylor returns home from a hard day at work for Mattie. What is Lou Ann reading when Taylor arrives home?
(a) A self help book.
(b) A gossip magazine.
(c) A book on divorce.
(d) A baby name book.
3. Which is a characteristic of the potential roommates Taylor meets in Chapter 5?
(a) They practice black magic.
(b) They are very religious.
(c) The are vegetarians.
(d) They love hot dogs.
4. Taylor, Esteban, Esperanza and Mattie take a short trip. While others are swimming, what is Esperanza obsessed with?
(a) Watching Turtle.
(b) Watching Esteban.
(d) Playing with Turtle.
5. How does Taylor come to realize that the child given to her in Chapter 1 is alive?
(a) The baby grips Taylor tightly.
(b) She checks the child's pulse.
(c) She smells the need for a diaper change.
(d) The baby begins to cry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is lying dead in the center line of the road as Taylor drives with Esteban and Esperanza late in the novel?
2. What did Lou Ann claim to fall for Angel?
3. Who does Taylor meet at the Burger Derby?
4. Where is Mattie during the time of Esperanza's attempted suicide?
5. Which literary theme is prevalent throughout Chapter 2?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)