|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are Esteban and Taylor curled up in Chapter 9?
(a) The sofa.
(b) Taylor's bed.
(c) The floor.
2. What do Esteban and Esperanza lose before leaving their country?
(a) Their money.
(b) Esperanza's wedding rings.
(c) Their daughter.
(d) Their immigration papers.
3. How does Lou Ann wave to her mother and grandmother?
(a) With a handkerchief.
(b) With her son's arms.
(c) With tears.
(d) With her hand.
4. How does Taylor come to realize that the child given to her in Chapter 1 is alive?
(a) The baby begins to cry.
(b) The baby grips Taylor tightly.
(c) She checks the child's pulse.
(d) She smells the need for a diaper change.
5. What is Mrs. Parsons' view about aliens?
(a) There are dead alien bodies in Roswell.
(b) That they should be returned to their native countries.
(c) That they are horrible people.
(d) They mostly come from Mars.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Lou Ann during Esperanza's attempted suicide?
2. What is the significance of the day that Mattie, Taylor, Esperanza and Esteban travel in Chapter 12?
3. Which literary theme is prevalent throughout Chapter 2?
4. What type of trees are mentioned at the beginning of Chapter 7?
5. What will happen to the national bird of Esteban's country if caged?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)