|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 5, what wakes Taylor and Turtle each morning at 6:15?
(a) The radio.
(b) A train whistle.
(c) An alarm clock.
(d) A rooster.
2. Mattie attempts to persuade Taylor to work for her but Taylor has a fear of tires. What does Mattie throw into the deal in order to persuade Taylor to work for her?
(a) A new place to live.
(b) Two new tires.
(c) Free food.
(d) Candy for Turtle.
3. What is the problem with Taylor's car?
(a) The car has run out of gas.
(b) The oil needs to be changed.
(c) The transmission has blown.
(d) The car has two flat tires.
4. What does the doctor say about Turtle's health in Chapter 8?
(a) That she is perfectly healthy.
(b) That he thinks she is sick.
(c) That it is best for Turtle to visit another doctor do to her illness.
(d) She suffers from depression.
5. What pops into Taylor's head when the man brings the Spanish-speaking people to Mattie's?
(a) A poem.
(b) Spanish food.
(c) A song.
(d) The first amendment.
Short Answer Questions
1. Taylor returns home from a hard day at work for Mattie. What is Lou Ann reading when Taylor arrives home?
2. What does Mattie talk about on television?
3. Who came up with the name "Jesus is Lord Used Tires"?
4. In addition to the doctor's comment about Turtle's health, he discovers something else after reading her X-rays. What does he find?
5. What is also on the headstone of Lou Ann's father?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)