|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of town does the narrator find herself in while in Oklahoma?
2. How does Taylor come to realize that the child given to her in Chapter 1 is alive?
(a) She smells the need for a diaper change.
(b) The baby begins to cry.
(c) She checks the child's pulse.
(d) The baby grips Taylor tightly.
3. What does Taylor confess to Mattie in Chapter 3?
(a) That she has stolen Turtle.
(b) That she is an ex-convict.
(c) That she has run away from home.
(d) That she cannot afford new tires.
4. What is Lou Ann reminded of when she sees Jesus is Lord Used Tires?
(a) Newt Hardbine.
(b) Her childhood home in Kentucky.
(c) Her church.
(d) Her first car.
5. Why does Taylor stop working at the Burger Derby?
(a) She does not know how to cook.
(b) She fights with the manager and quits.
(c) She finds a better job.
(d) She is fired.
Short Answer Questions
1. Into which type of container does Granny Logan place Dwayne Ray's baptism water?
2. Which character was left deaf by an accident?
3. How far apart are Taylor and Lou Ann's home towns?
4. For what is Bobby Bingo's son well known?
5. What type of car does Taylor buy after she decides to leave home?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)