|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Coastwatchers of Buka see in Chapter 14?
2. How many men does Captain Goettge take on patrol?
3. What is Dailey surprised to learn?
4. What instructions has Pickering received?
5. Why does David Schneider have difficulty understanding the issue mentioned in Question #111?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is clear about Pickering's message to Knox?
2. What strict orders did Pickering receive that he neglects?
3. Why is Dailey surprised in Chapter 14?
4. What do the Marines know about the Japanese and why is their anger?
5. Why does Ellen sleep with John Moore in Chapter 17?
6. What does Ellen think of Pickering and John Moore?
7. What does Pickering advise Knox of?
8. What does Admiral Wagam realize about his nephew?
9. Who is Feldt and what does he agree to?
10. What message do Naval officers give when they come to the beach?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss General MacArthur as presented by Griffin in the book and compare that to the real life General of the Pacific Theater.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the significance of relationships in these books, whether between men and women or friendships among men.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the significance of breaking military protocol and its ramifications as described in "Battleground."
This section contains 637 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)