|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Vandergrift's orders for Pickering?
2. What happens during the Guadalcanal landing of the troops?
3. What does Ellen think of Dailey?
4. Who confronts Hon about Moore?
5. What message does Moore agree to pass on to Major Banning?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is clear about Pickering's message to Knox?
2. What is Captain Galloway's goal in Chapter 12?
3. Who is Fowler in Chapter 15?
4. What does Major Dillon contemplate in July 1942?
5. What strict orders did Pickering receive that he neglects?
6. What does Admiral Wagam realize about his nephew?
7. What does Ellen realize about the orders Moore and Dailey receive?
8. What does Hon realize about Moore?
9. What does Stecker explain about Pickering?
10. What workaround are Pickering, Hon, and Banning guilty of and what could it mean for them?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the importance of code breakers or message decryption in World War II and how it benefited the Allied forces.
Essay Topic 2
Choose one character depicted in "Battleground" and discuss his/her personal characteristics and actions.
Essay Topic 3
Choose one strategic location as described in "Battleground" and discuss why it was important to the strategy of the Japanese and/or the United States.
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)