|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Dailey first assigned before going back to the US?
2. Who do Hon and Moore discuss the coldness of?
3. What does Ellen Feller finish at Water Lily Cottage?
4. What are Vandergrift's orders for Pickering?
5. Why does Ellen Feller seduce John Moore?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is David Schneider not liked in Chapter 13?
2. What strict orders did Pickering receive that he neglects?
3. What does Admiral Wagam realize about his nephew?
4. What message do Naval officers give when they come to the beach?
5. What do Hon and Moore try to figure out about messages received earlier in the day?
6. Why does Ellen sleep with John Moore in Chapter 17?
7. Who is Feldt and what does he agree to?
8. What does Vandergrift not understand?
9. Why is Dailey surprised in Chapter 14?
10. What does Pickering advise Knox of?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the importance of code breakers or message decryption in World War II and how it benefited the Allied forces.
Essay Topic 2
Choose a character who has too much pride in his rank and discuss the implications or conflicts that arise as a result.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the significance of relationships in these books, whether between men and women or friendships among men.
This section contains 591 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)