|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Chapter 14 open?
2. What does Ellen think of Dailey?
3. What instructions has Pickering received?
4. Who can Ellen not reach at the end of Chapter 17?
5. How many destroyers unload supplies in Guadalcanal?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Major Dillon contemplate in July 1942?
2. What is clear about Pickering's message to Knox?
3. What is ironic about Galloway?
4. What does Stecker explain about Pickering?
5. Who is Feldt and what does he agree to?
6. What do Hon and Moore try to figure out about messages received earlier in the day?
7. What does Hon realize about Moore?
8. Who is Fowler in Chapter 15?
9. What message do Naval officers give when they come to the beach?
10. What do the Coastwatchers report from Buka Island?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the importance of code breakers or message decryption in World War II and how it benefited the Allied forces.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the significance of breaking military protocol and its ramifications as described in "Battleground."
Essay Topic 3
Examine the role of the Coastwatcher Establishment in World War II and discuss the benefits and drawbacks to using such an organization.
This section contains 533 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)