|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Coastwatchers of Buka see in Chapter 14?
2. Why does Ellen Feller seduce John Moore?
3. Why does David Schneider have difficulty understanding the issue mentioned in Question #111?
4. What school did Schneider go to?
5. Why do Hon and Pickering decide to not tell their superior about Moore's work?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ellen think of Pickering and John Moore?
2. What orders does Vandergrift give in Chapter 16?
3. Who is Feldt and what does he agree to?
4. Why does Ellen sleep with John Moore in Chapter 17?
5. What does Pickering tell Knox and what does Knox decide?
6. What do Hon and Moore try to figure out about messages received earlier in the day?
7. What strict orders did Pickering receive that he neglects?
8. What does Stecker explain about Pickering?
9. What do the Marines know about the Japanese and why is their anger?
10. What does Pickering advise Knox of?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine changes in communication and intelligence gathering from the early days of World War II to the present time.
Essay Topic 2
Examine how Griffin uses historical events to make his story seem more realistic and the effect it has on the reader.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the basis for conflict between branches of the United States military and the potential implications of such conflicts.
This section contains 624 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)