|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What could Hon and Pickering face if someone found about Moore?
2. What message do the Naval officers bring on Guadalcanal?
3. What message does Moore agree to pass on to Major Banning?
4. Who does Lt Donnelly send to fetch Moore at the start of Chapter 11?
5. What does Schneider think should be admired?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ellen realize about the orders Moore and Dailey receive?
2. What does Admiral Wagam realize about his nephew?
3. What is ironic about Galloway?
4. Who is Feldt and what does he agree to?
5. Who is Fowler in Chapter 15?
6. What do the Marines know about the Japanese and why is their anger?
7. What strict orders did Pickering receive that he neglects?
8. What decision does Pickering make that might shock the reader?
9. What does Vandergrift not understand?
10. What does Pickering tell Knox and what does Knox decide?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the importance of code breakers or message decryption in World War II and how it benefited the Allied forces.
Essay Topic 2
Choose one character depicted in "Battleground" and discuss his/her personal characteristics and actions.
Essay Topic 3
Choose one strategic location as described in "Battleground" and discuss why it was important to the strategy of the Japanese and/or the United States.
This section contains 637 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)