|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Dailey's reputation tarnished?
2. What instructions has Pickering received?
3. Why is Mary Agnes considered a low level character?
4. Why is Dailey sent to the South Pacific?
5. How many messages does Hon bring to MacArthur?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Barbara tell Moore in Chapter 11?
2. Why does Ellen sleep with John Moore in Chapter 17?
3. What do Hon and Moore try to figure out about messages received earlier in the day?
4. What do the Marines know about the Japanese and why is their anger?
5. What strict orders did Pickering receive that he neglects?
6. What happens when Moore is about to leave Headquarters?
7. Why is Dailey surprised in Chapter 14?
8. Who is John writing to in Chapter 10 and what does he say?
9. What message do Naval officers give when they come to the beach?
10. What does Hon realize about Moore?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the role of female characters in the book "Battleground" and discuss their significance to the plot.
Essay Topic 2
Choose one character with top secret clearance and examine the advice given to this character and how he/she was able to use such a clearance to his/her benefit in his/her military career.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the significance of breaking military protocol and its ramifications as described in "Battleground."
This section contains 617 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)