|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hon realize after Moore's first assignment?
2. Why is Captain Galloway tired in Chapter 11?
3. What could Hon and Pickering face if someone found about Moore?
4. What does Moore receive after delivering the message?
5. Why is Mary Agnes considered a low level character?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Captain Galloway's goal in Chapter 12?
2. What do Hon and Moore try to figure out about messages received earlier in the day?
3. What strict orders did Pickering receive that he neglects?
4. Who is John writing to in Chapter 10 and what does he say?
5. What does Ellen think of Pickering and John Moore?
6. Why is David Schneider not liked in Chapter 13?
7. Who is Fowler in Chapter 15?
8. What workaround are Pickering, Hon, and Banning guilty of and what could it mean for them?
9. What is ironic about Galloway?
10. What does Pickering advise Knox of?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the significance of breaking military protocol and its ramifications as described in "Battleground."
Essay Topic 2
Examine changes in communication and intelligence gathering from the early days of World War II to the present time.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the role of female characters in the book "Battleground" and discuss their significance to the plot.
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)