|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pickering call upon to rationalize his behavior?
2. Where did Stecker first meet Pickering?
3. Where does Dailey meet with MacArthur?
4. Why is Dailey's reputation tarnished?
5. What school did Schneider go to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the Marines know about the Japanese and why is their anger?
2. Why does Ellen sleep with John Moore in Chapter 17?
3. What is Captain Galloway's goal in Chapter 12?
4. What does Barbara tell Moore in Chapter 11?
5. What happens when Moore is about to leave Headquarters?
6. What is ironic about Galloway?
7. Who is John writing to in Chapter 10 and what does he say?
8. What orders does Vandergrift give in Chapter 16?
9. What do Hon and Moore try to figure out about messages received earlier in the day?
10. What workaround are Pickering, Hon, and Banning guilty of and what could it mean for them?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss why the Marines on Guadalcanal were left on the beach and the implications of this decision for both the Navy and the Marines. Examine why Griffin chose to illustrate an actual historical event and his motivations.
Essay Topic 2
Choose two fictional characters in "Battleground" and discuss the importance of each.
Essay Topic 3
Define the term "theme" and discuss how Griffin portrays a few good men who are able to bring things together despite obstacles.
This section contains 558 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)