|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does MacArthur's office claim not to know?
2. What group is the message Moore transported bad news for?
3. How is Moore supposed to transport the message to Major Banning?
4. What does Moore receive after delivering the message?
5. What are the aviators' feelings toward David Schneider according to Chapter 13?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Barbara tell Moore in Chapter 11?
2. What message do Naval officers give when they come to the beach?
3. What do Hon and Moore try to figure out about messages received earlier in the day?
4. What is Captain Galloway's goal in Chapter 12?
5. What workaround are Pickering, Hon, and Banning guilty of and what could it mean for them?
6. What orders does Vandergrift give in Chapter 16?
7. What does Stecker explain about Pickering?
8. What does Ellen think of Pickering and John Moore?
9. What does Admiral Wagam realize about his nephew?
10. What does Hon realize about Moore?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine changes in communication and intelligence gathering from the early days of World War II to the present time.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the significance of relationships in these books, whether between men and women or friendships among men.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the role of the Coastwatcher Establishment in World War II and discuss the benefits and drawbacks to using such an organization.
This section contains 580 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)