|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who asks after the whereabouts of Pickering?
2. What does Ellen try to do, but fails at the end of Chapter 17?
3. What do the Coastwatchers of Buka see in Chapter 14?
4. How many messages does Hon bring to MacArthur?
5. Where does Dailey meet with MacArthur?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is John writing to in Chapter 10 and what does he say?
2. What is ironic about Galloway?
3. What does Hon realize about Moore?
4. Why is David Schneider not liked in Chapter 13?
5. What strict orders did Pickering receive that he neglects?
6. What does Major Dillon contemplate in July 1942?
7. What message do Naval officers give when they come to the beach?
8. What is clear about Pickering's message to Knox?
9. What do Hon and Moore try to figure out about messages received earlier in the day?
10. Why does Ellen sleep with John Moore in Chapter 17?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine how Griffin uses historical events to make his story seem more realistic and the effect it has on the reader.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the history leading up to World War II and why the Japanese and Americans were at odds with one another.
Essay Topic 3
Choose one character with top secret clearance and examine the advice given to this character and how he/she was able to use such a clearance to his/her benefit in his/her military career.
This section contains 581 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)