|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Dailey's reputation tarnished?
2. Who does Pickering send a message to in Chapter 16?
3. What is Pickering put in charge of?
4. What does Ellen think of Dailey?
5. What are the aviators' feelings toward David Schneider according to Chapter 13?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the Coastwatchers report from Buka Island?
2. Who is John writing to in Chapter 10 and what does he say?
3. Why is David Schneider not liked in Chapter 13?
4. What happens when Moore is about to leave Headquarters?
5. What does Ellen realize about the orders Moore and Dailey receive?
6. Why does Ellen sleep with John Moore in Chapter 17?
7. What do the Marines know about the Japanese and why is their anger?
8. What decision does Pickering make that might shock the reader?
9. What workaround are Pickering, Hon, and Banning guilty of and what could it mean for them?
10. What does Hon realize about Moore?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the significance of breaking military protocol and its ramifications as described in "Battleground."
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the Japanese forces and armaments with that of America during World War II.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the role of the Coastwatcher Establishment in World War II and discuss the benefits and drawbacks to using such an organization.
This section contains 631 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)