|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What shocks the reader?
2. What is Fowler the Senator of according to Chapter 15?
3. Who gets drunk during the meeting in Chapter 10?
4. Why does David Schneider have difficulty understanding the issue mentioned in Question #111?
5. What does Pickering call upon to rationalize his behavior?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is David Schneider not liked in Chapter 13?
2. What orders does Vandergrift give in Chapter 16?
3. What is Captain Galloway's goal in Chapter 12?
4. What does Hon realize about Moore?
5. What workaround are Pickering, Hon, and Banning guilty of and what could it mean for them?
6. Who is Feldt and what does he agree to?
7. Who is John writing to in Chapter 10 and what does he say?
8. What does Barbara tell Moore in Chapter 11?
9. What does Ellen think of Pickering and John Moore?
10. What does Vandergrift not understand?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose a character who has too much pride in his rank and discuss the implications or conflicts that arise as a result.
Essay Topic 2
Define the term "theme" and discuss how Griffin portrays a few good men who are able to bring things together despite obstacles.
Essay Topic 3
Choose one strategic location as described in "Battleground" and discuss why it was important to the strategy of the Japanese and/or the United States.
This section contains 578 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)