|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Moore ordered to do at the start of Chapter 10?
2. Why is Mary Agnes considered a low level character?
3. What does Moore think of the security at The Elms?
4. Where does Dailey meet with MacArthur?
5. Who does Lt Donnelly send to fetch Moore at the start of Chapter 11?
Short Essay Questions
1. What decision does Pickering make that might shock the reader?
2. What message do Naval officers give when they come to the beach?
3. What does Major Dillon contemplate in July 1942?
4. What does Admiral Wagam realize about his nephew?
5. What do Hon and Moore try to figure out about messages received earlier in the day?
6. What is clear about Pickering's message to Knox?
7. Who is Fowler in Chapter 15?
8. What happens when Moore is about to leave Headquarters?
9. What does Pickering advise Knox of?
10. What orders does Vandergrift give in Chapter 16?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine how Griffin uses historical events to make his story seem more realistic and the effect it has on the reader.
Essay Topic 2
Choose two fictional characters in "Battleground" and discuss the importance of each.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the significance of breaking military protocol and its ramifications as described in "Battleground."
This section contains 559 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)