|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Moore supposed to transport the message to Major Banning?
2. Why do the Marines at Guadalcanal feel abandoned?
3. Where does Chapter 14 open?
4. Who gets drunk during the meeting in Chapter 10?
5. What does Pickering's message say about his intention towards the Marines on Guadalcanal?
Short Essay Questions
1. What message do Naval officers give when they come to the beach?
2. What do the Coastwatchers report from Buka Island?
3. What happens when Moore is about to leave Headquarters?
4. Who is Fowler in Chapter 15?
5. Who is John writing to in Chapter 10 and what does he say?
6. What workaround are Pickering, Hon, and Banning guilty of and what could it mean for them?
7. Why is David Schneider not liked in Chapter 13?
8. What decision does Pickering make that might shock the reader?
9. Who is Feldt and what does he agree to?
10. What does Hon realize about Moore?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine changes in communication and intelligence gathering from the early days of World War II to the present time.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss General MacArthur as presented by Griffin in the book and compare that to the real life General of the Pacific Theater.
Essay Topic 3
Examine how Griffin uses historical events to make his story seem more realistic and the effect it has on the reader.
This section contains 606 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)