|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are women predominantly portrayed by Griffin in "Battleground"?
2. Who is being considered as replacements to Goettge, Cory and Ringer?
3. Where does Dailey meet with MacArthur?
4. What is Moore ordered to do at the start of Chapter 10?
5. How is Moore supposed to transport the message to Major Banning?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Feldt and what does he agree to?
2. What do Hon and Moore try to figure out about messages received earlier in the day?
3. What is Captain Galloway's goal in Chapter 12?
4. What does Ellen think of Pickering and John Moore?
5. Who is Fowler in Chapter 15?
6. Why is David Schneider not liked in Chapter 13?
7. Why is Dailey surprised in Chapter 14?
8. Who is John writing to in Chapter 10 and what does he say?
9. What is clear about Pickering's message to Knox?
10. What is ironic about Galloway?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one character with top secret clearance and examine the advice given to this character and how he/she was able to use such a clearance to his/her benefit in his/her military career.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the history leading up to World War II and why the Japanese and Americans were at odds with one another.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss General MacArthur as presented by Griffin in the book and compare that to the real life General of the Pacific Theater.
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)