|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What doesn't HQ know about Moore?
2. Where is Moore approached by Colonel Dailey?
3. Who is Schneider's uncle?
4. What does Knox tell Admiral Nimitz?
5. What school did Schneider go to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Major Dillon contemplate in July 1942?
2. What does Hon realize about Moore?
3. What does Stecker explain about Pickering?
4. What workaround are Pickering, Hon, and Banning guilty of and what could it mean for them?
5. What do Hon and Moore try to figure out about messages received earlier in the day?
6. What does Pickering advise Knox of?
7. What do the Coastwatchers report from Buka Island?
8. Why does Ellen sleep with John Moore in Chapter 17?
9. What does Admiral Wagam realize about his nephew?
10. Why is David Schneider not liked in Chapter 13?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one character with top secret clearance and examine the advice given to this character and how he/she was able to use such a clearance to his/her benefit in his/her military career.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss General MacArthur as presented by Griffin in the book and compare that to the real life General of the Pacific Theater.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss why the Marines on Guadalcanal were left on the beach and the implications of this decision for both the Navy and the Marines. Examine why Griffin chose to illustrate an actual historical event and his motivations.
This section contains 582 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)