|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many men survived Goettge's patrol?
2. What position is Pickering elevated to?
3. What does Vandergrift order at the start of Chapter 16?
4. What school did Schneider go to?
5. Who does Pickering send a message to in Chapter 16?
Short Essay Questions
1. What message do Naval officers give when they come to the beach?
2. What does Pickering tell Knox and what does Knox decide?
3. What strict orders did Pickering receive that he neglects?
4. What does Major Dillon contemplate in July 1942?
5. Who is Feldt and what does he agree to?
6. Why is Dailey surprised in Chapter 14?
7. What is Captain Galloway's goal in Chapter 12?
8. What does Ellen realize about the orders Moore and Dailey receive?
9. What orders does Vandergrift give in Chapter 16?
10. What does Vandergrift not understand?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss cowardice in the novel "Battleground" and the implications of being labeled a coward.
Essay Topic 2
Examine changes in communication and intelligence gathering from the early days of World War II to the present time.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss General MacArthur as presented by Griffin in the book and compare that to the real life General of the Pacific Theater.
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)