|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Major Dillon on July 5, 1942?
2. Where does Dailey meet with MacArthur?
3. What instructions has Pickering received?
4. What does Ellen try to do, but fails at the end of Chapter 17?
5. What does Moore think of the security at The Elms?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is clear about Pickering's message to Knox?
2. Who is Feldt and what does he agree to?
3. What do Hon and Moore try to figure out about messages received earlier in the day?
4. What does Pickering tell Knox and what does Knox decide?
5. What workaround are Pickering, Hon, and Banning guilty of and what could it mean for them?
6. What does Admiral Wagam realize about his nephew?
7. Why is David Schneider not liked in Chapter 13?
8. What does Ellen think of Pickering and John Moore?
9. What message do Naval officers give when they come to the beach?
10. What does Hon realize about Moore?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the significance of a person's military rank and grade and the significance of first impressions.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss why the Marines on Guadalcanal were left on the beach and the implications of this decision for both the Navy and the Marines. Examine why Griffin chose to illustrate an actual historical event and his motivations.
Essay Topic 3
Examine changes in communication and intelligence gathering from the early days of World War II to the present time.
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)