|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the Japanese buildings on the island discussed in Chapter 9?
2. What is Moore's father's occupation?
3. Who is Moore a descendant of?
4. What is Jack Dillon assigned to the First Marine Division for?
5. What is Barbara Ward's marital status?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sgt. Moore realize about Captain Sessions?
2. What is the Coastwatcher Establishment?
3. What does Pickering give to MacArthur during a top secret gathering?
4. What does Moore have difficulty with?
5. What happens between Moore and his father?
6. What happens while Barbara Ward is thinking of her situation?
7. What advice is Moore given when he reaches the U.S. Navy Yard in Philadelphia in Chapter 5?
8. How does Moore feel about his father in Chapter 4?
9. What are officers advised of on June 29, 1942?
10. What conflict could cause the Allies to lose the war?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine changes in communication and intelligence gathering from the early days of World War II to the present time.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the importance of code breakers or message decryption in World War II and how it benefited the Allied forces.
Essay Topic 3
Choose one strategic location as described in "Battleground" and discuss why it was important to the strategy of the Japanese and/or the United States.
This section contains 676 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)