|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Hon working before the war?
2. What does Dunn have before the battle?
3. What is David Schneider's rank?
4. How long is Dunn told not to fly?
5. How long of a leave is Moore given before taking on his new assignment?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are officers advised of on June 29, 1942?
2. What does Dunn realize people think about him?
3. What does General Harris not approve of?
4. What does Pickering give to MacArthur during a top secret gathering?
5. What does Moore daydream of in June 1942?
6. What happens between Moore and his father?
7. How does Moore feel about his father in Chapter 4?
8. Who is Ellen Feller and what work does she do?
9. What is proven correct by the Japanese?
10. What is Dunn's opinion of Lt. David Schneider?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose two fictional characters in "Battleground" and discuss the importance of each.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the significance of relationships in these books, whether between men and women or friendships among men.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the significance of breaking military protocol and its ramifications as described in "Battleground."
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)