|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Moore arrive at the start of Chapter 7?
2. What rank do Jacob Reeves and the other soldiers give to the villagers that help them?
3. What rank is Clyde Dawkins?
4. Who does Galloway ask to be assigned to his unit?
5. What rank is Hon?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Moore daydream of in June 1942?
2. What happens between Moore and his father?
3. What does General Harris not approve of?
4. What does Pickering agree to in Chapter 9?
5. What advice is Moore given when he reaches the U.S. Navy Yard in Philadelphia in Chapter 5?
6. Who is Mary Agnes O'Malley?
7. What does Lieutenant Hon do as part of the U.S. Army Reserve?
8. What does Pickering give to MacArthur during a top secret gathering?
9. What does Dunn realize people think about him?
10. What happens while Barbara Ward is thinking of her situation?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss cowardice in the novel "Battleground" and the implications of being labeled a coward.
Essay Topic 2
Choose one strategic location as described in "Battleground" and discuss why it was important to the strategy of the Japanese and/or the United States.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the significance of relationships in these books, whether between men and women or friendships among men.
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)