|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Chapter 1 open?
2. What division is Lt Dunn transferred to?
3. What is the topic of the heated discussion between Dawkins and Galloway?
4. What is Jack Dillon assigned to the First Marine Division for?
5. What planes are sent to fight the Japanese?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Lieutenant McCoy's nickname according to Chapter 7?
2. What advice is Moore given when he reaches the U.S. Navy Yard in Philadelphia in Chapter 5?
3. In Chapter 1, where is William Charles "Bill" Dunn stationed and why is he frightened?
4. What is the Coastwatcher Establishment?
5. What does Pickering agree to in Chapter 9?
6. What is proven correct by the Japanese?
7. What does Sgt. Moore realize about Captain Sessions?
8. What are officers advised of on June 29, 1942?
9. What does General Harris not approve of?
10. What happens between Moore and his father?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the importance of code breakers or message decryption in World War II and how it benefited the Allied forces.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss cowardice in the novel "Battleground" and the implications of being labeled a coward.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the significance of a person's military rank and grade and the significance of first impressions.
This section contains 624 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)