|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is McCoy's nickname?
2. What division is General Harris the deputy commander of?
3. What is the rank of the man with Dunn when he wakes up at the hospital?
4. What was Major Dillon's pre-war occupation?
5. What is the name of Killer McCoy's girlfriend?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Andrew Foster ask Galloway to give his grandson?
2. How does Moore feel about his father in Chapter 4?
3. What are officers advised of on June 29, 1942?
4. What does Lieutenant Hon do as part of the U.S. Army Reserve?
5. In Chapter 1, where is William Charles "Bill" Dunn stationed and why is he frightened?
6. What does Dunn realize people think about him?
7. What is Dunn's opinion of Lt. David Schneider?
8. Who is Ellen Feller and what work does she do?
9. What does General Harris not approve of?
10. What happens between Moore and his father?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the significance of a person's military rank and grade and the significance of first impressions.
Essay Topic 2
Choose two fictional characters in "Battleground" and discuss the importance of each.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the significance of relationships in these books, whether between men and women or friendships among men.
This section contains 551 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)