|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the staff sergeant and the captain working with Moore teach him to do?
2. When is Pearl Arbor attacked by the Japanese?
3. Where does Pickering set Moore up?
4. When does Chapter 1 open?
5. Who is sending the message Pickering is given?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Pickering give to MacArthur during a top secret gathering?
2. What are Sgt. Rutterman and Captain Sessions discussing at the start of Chapter 3?
3. What conflict could cause the Allies to lose the war?
4. What does Andrew Foster ask Galloway to give his grandson?
5. What is Lieutenant McCoy's nickname according to Chapter 7?
6. What does Sgt. Moore realize about Captain Sessions?
7. What happens to Dunn at the beginning of the attack?
8. What does Oblensky tell Galloway in Chapter 8?
9. What happens while Barbara Ward is thinking of her situation?
10. What is Dunn's opinion of Lt. David Schneider?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the significance of a person's military rank and grade and the significance of first impressions.
Essay Topic 2
Choose one strategic location as described in "Battleground" and discuss why it was important to the strategy of the Japanese and/or the United States.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss General MacArthur as presented by Griffin in the book and compare that to the real life General of the Pacific Theater.
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)