|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Moore?
2. What is Hon's nickname?
3. What rank do Jacob Reeves and the other soldiers give to the villagers that help them?
4. Where is Sessions stationed?
5. What are the Japanese buildings on the island discussed in Chapter 9?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Galloway infamous for in Chapter 6?
2. What happens to Dunn at the beginning of the attack?
3. What does Sgt. Moore realize about Captain Sessions?
4. What is Dunn's opinion of Lt. David Schneider?
5. What are Sgt. Rutterman and Captain Sessions discussing at the start of Chapter 3?
6. What does General Harris not approve of?
7. What does Moore daydream of in June 1942?
8. What is the Coastwatcher Establishment?
9. What does Andrew Foster ask Galloway to give his grandson?
10. What are officers advised of on June 29, 1942?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Define the term "theme" and discuss how Griffin portrays a few good men who are able to bring things together despite obstacles.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss General MacArthur as presented by Griffin in the book and compare that to the real life General of the Pacific Theater.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the role of the Coastwatcher Establishment in World War II and discuss the benefits and drawbacks to using such an organization.
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)