|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Andrew's Foster's son?
2. What planes are sent to fight the Japanese?
3. Where are Sgt Rutterman and Captain Sessions sent by Lt Col Rickabee?
4. What do Pickering, Major Banning and Pluto Hon discuss the animosity between?
5. When was the airfield on the island Dunn is on constructed?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Lieutenant McCoy's nickname according to Chapter 7?
2. Who is Major Jake Dillon?
3. What happens to Dunn at the beginning of the attack?
4. What are officers advised of on June 29, 1942?
5. What does Andrew Foster ask Galloway to give his grandson?
6. What does Pickering give to MacArthur during a top secret gathering?
7. How does Moore feel about his father in Chapter 4?
8. Why does Captain Fleming Pickering hold unique status in the Navy in Chapter 2?
9. What is Galloway infamous for in Chapter 6?
10. What does Moore daydream of in June 1942?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss General MacArthur as presented by Griffin in the book and compare that to the real life General of the Pacific Theater.
Essay Topic 2
Choose a character who has too much pride in his rank and discuss the implications or conflicts that arise as a result.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the significance of relationships in these books, whether between men and women or friendships among men.
This section contains 601 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)