|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Moore a descendant of?
2. When does Chapter 1 open?
3. Who is Dunn's commanding officer?
4. What does Barbara Ward think her future is?
5. What rank is Clyde Dawkins?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens while Barbara Ward is thinking of her situation?
2. What happens to Dunn at the beginning of the attack?
3. What are Sgt. Rutterman and Captain Sessions discussing at the start of Chapter 3?
4. What is proven correct by the Japanese?
5. Why does Captain Fleming Pickering hold unique status in the Navy in Chapter 2?
6. What does General Harris not approve of?
7. What advice is Moore given when he reaches the U.S. Navy Yard in Philadelphia in Chapter 5?
8. Who is Major Jake Dillon?
9. What does Pickering give to MacArthur during a top secret gathering?
10. How does Moore feel about his father in Chapter 4?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the role of female characters in the book "Battleground" and discuss their significance to the plot.
Essay Topic 2
Choose one strategic location as described in "Battleground" and discuss why it was important to the strategy of the Japanese and/or the United States.
Essay Topic 3
Examine changes in communication and intelligence gathering from the early days of World War II to the present time.
This section contains 584 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)