|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is sending the message Pickering is given?
2. What military branch is Dunn part of?
3. Where does Moore arrive at the start of Chapter 9?
4. Where is Moore transferred to after his phone conversation with Pluto?
5. What does Galloway retrieve at the start of Chapter 8?
Short Essay Questions
1. What conflict could cause the Allies to lose the war?
2. What is Galloway infamous for in Chapter 6?
3. What does Dunn realize people think about him?
4. What does Pickering give to MacArthur during a top secret gathering?
5. What is proven correct by the Japanese?
6. In Chapter 1, where is William Charles "Bill" Dunn stationed and why is he frightened?
7. What is the Coastwatcher Establishment?
8. What are officers advised of on June 29, 1942?
9. What does General Harris not approve of?
10. Who is Ellen Feller and what work does she do?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Define the term "theme" and discuss how Griffin portrays a few good men who are able to bring things together despite obstacles.
Essay Topic 2
Choose two fictional characters in "Battleground" and discuss the importance of each.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the basis for conflict between branches of the United States military and the potential implications of such conflicts.
This section contains 588 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)