|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Moore arrive at the start of Chapter 9?
2. What does Dunn have before the battle?
3. When does Moore board a seaplane for Pearl Harbor?
4. What rank do Jacob Reeves and the other soldiers give to the villagers that help them?
5. Where does Chapter 1 open?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Dunn's opinion of Lt. David Schneider?
2. Who is Major Jake Dillon?
3. What does Dunn realize people think about him?
4. What does Pickering agree to in Chapter 9?
5. What does Sgt. Moore realize about Captain Sessions?
6. What does Pickering give to MacArthur during a top secret gathering?
7. What does General Harris not approve of?
8. What does Moore have difficulty with?
9. Why does Captain Fleming Pickering hold unique status in the Navy in Chapter 2?
10. What advice is Moore given when he reaches the U.S. Navy Yard in Philadelphia in Chapter 5?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the significance of a person's military rank and grade and the significance of first impressions.
Essay Topic 2
Examine changes in communication and intelligence gathering from the early days of World War II to the present time.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the role of the Coastwatcher Establishment in World War II and discuss the benefits and drawbacks to using such an organization.
This section contains 545 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)