|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Jack Dillon assigned to the First Marine Division for?
2. Who does MacArthur send a cable to following Pickering's information?
3. When is Pearl Arbor attacked by the Japanese?
4. When is the First Marine Division set to attack the Solomon Islands?
5. What do the staff sergeant and the captain working with Moore teach him to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Dunn at the beginning of the attack?
2. Who is Mary Agnes O'Malley?
3. What is proven correct by the Japanese?
4. What does General Harris not approve of?
5. Who is Major Jake Dillon?
6. What does Lieutenant Hon do as part of the U.S. Army Reserve?
7. What is the Coastwatcher Establishment?
8. Why does Captain Fleming Pickering hold unique status in the Navy in Chapter 2?
9. What are officers advised of on June 29, 1942?
10. What does Moore daydream of in June 1942?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one character with top secret clearance and examine the advice given to this character and how he/she was able to use such a clearance to his/her benefit in his/her military career.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the significance of breaking military protocol and its ramifications as described in "Battleground."
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the importance of code breakers or message decryption in World War II and how it benefited the Allied forces.
This section contains 585 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)