|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dawkins present Lt Dun with in the Hospital?
2. When is the First Marine Division set to attack the Solomon Islands?
3. What was Major Dillon's pre-war occupation?
4. What is the rank of the man knocking on Pickering's door?
5. What carrier does Captain Galloway land on after the attack of Pearl Harbor?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Oblensky tell Galloway in Chapter 8?
2. What does Moore daydream of in June 1942?
3. What does Lieutenant Hon do as part of the U.S. Army Reserve?
4. How does Moore feel about his father in Chapter 4?
5. Who is Ellen Feller and what work does she do?
6. Who is Major Jake Dillon?
7. What is Galloway infamous for in Chapter 6?
8. What does Pickering agree to in Chapter 9?
9. What does Andrew Foster ask Galloway to give his grandson?
10. What does Dunn realize people think about him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine how Griffin uses historical events to make his story seem more realistic and the effect it has on the reader.
Essay Topic 2
Choose two fictional characters in "Battleground" and discuss the importance of each.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the importance of code breakers or message decryption in World War II and how it benefited the Allied forces.
This section contains 519 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)