|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Moore board a seaplane for Pearl Harbor?
2. Who does Galloway ask to be assigned to his unit?
3. When was the airfield on the island Dunn is on constructed?
4. Where are Sgt Rutterman and Captain Sessions sent by Lt Col Rickabee?
5. Where was John Moore born?
Short Essay Questions
1. What conflict could cause the Allies to lose the war?
2. In Chapter 1, where is William Charles "Bill" Dunn stationed and why is he frightened?
3. What does Lieutenant Hon do as part of the U.S. Army Reserve?
4. What happens to Dunn at the beginning of the attack?
5. What does Pickering agree to in Chapter 9?
6. What does Moore daydream of in June 1942?
7. How does Moore feel about his father in Chapter 4?
8. Who is Ellen Feller and what work does she do?
9. What is proven correct by the Japanese?
10. What does Andrew Foster ask Galloway to give his grandson?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the significance of breaking military protocol and its ramifications as described in "Battleground."
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the importance of code breakers or message decryption in World War II and how it benefited the Allied forces.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the Japanese forces and armaments with that of America during World War II.
This section contains 525 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)