|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Pickering picked by for his assignment?
2. Where is Jacob Reeves in Chapter 4?
3. Where is Moore transferred to after his phone conversation with Pluto?
4. What is McCoy's nickname?
5. What is Moore apprehensive about at the start of Chapter 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Pickering agree to in Chapter 9?
2. What does Moore daydream of in June 1942?
3. What is Lieutenant McCoy's nickname according to Chapter 7?
4. Who is Major Jake Dillon?
5. What is Galloway infamous for in Chapter 6?
6. In Chapter 1, where is William Charles "Bill" Dunn stationed and why is he frightened?
7. What advice is Moore given when he reaches the U.S. Navy Yard in Philadelphia in Chapter 5?
8. How does Moore feel about his father in Chapter 4?
9. What happens between Moore and his father?
10. What is the Coastwatcher Establishment?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose two fictional characters in "Battleground" and discuss the importance of each.
Essay Topic 2
Choose one character with top secret clearance and examine the advice given to this character and how he/she was able to use such a clearance to his/her benefit in his/her military career.
Essay Topic 3
Choose a character who has too much pride in his rank and discuss the implications or conflicts that arise as a result.
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)