|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Moore not have much of?
2. How long of a leave is Moore given before taking on his new assignment?
3. Where was Hon working before the war?
4. When are the First Marine Division officers told about the plan to attack the Solomon Islands?
5. What military branch is Dunn part of?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is ironic about Galloway?
2. Who is Major Jake Dillon?
3. What is clear about Pickering's message to Knox?
4. Who is Mary Agnes O'Malley?
5. What does Pickering give to MacArthur during a top secret gathering?
6. What is proven correct by the Japanese?
7. What do the Marines know about the Japanese and why is their anger?
8. What does Barbara tell Moore in Chapter 11?
9. What does Lieutenant Hon do as part of the U.S. Army Reserve?
10. Who is Fowler in Chapter 15?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose two fictional characters in "Battleground" and discuss the importance of each.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the significance of a person's military rank and grade and the significance of first impressions.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the role of female characters in the book "Battleground" and discuss their significance to the plot.
This section contains 928 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)