|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Dunn's opinion of Schneider?
2. What does General Harris think of Dillon's mission?
3. What does Moore discover when he asks McCoy about his nickname?
4. What does Dawkins present Lt Dun with in the Hospital?
5. Who does MacArthur send a cable to following Pickering's information?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Moore feel about his father in Chapter 4?
2. In Chapter 1, where is William Charles "Bill" Dunn stationed and why is he frightened?
3. What does Dunn realize people think about him?
4. What are Sgt. Rutterman and Captain Sessions discussing at the start of Chapter 3?
5. What does General Harris not approve of?
6. What is the Coastwatcher Establishment?
7. Who is Ellen Feller and what work does she do?
8. What does Lieutenant Hon do as part of the U.S. Army Reserve?
9. What does Pickering agree to in Chapter 9?
10. What happens to Dunn at the beginning of the attack?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the Japanese forces and armaments with that of America during World War II.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the role of the Coastwatcher Establishment in World War II and discuss the benefits and drawbacks to using such an organization.
Essay Topic 3
Examine changes in communication and intelligence gathering from the early days of World War II to the present time.
This section contains 632 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)