|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Moore's father's occupation?
2. What does Moore discover when he asks McCoy about his nickname?
3. What is the rank of the man knocking on Pickering's door?
4. What does Dunn forget to do when the battle begins?
5. When is Pearl Arbor attacked by the Japanese?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Captain Fleming Pickering hold unique status in the Navy in Chapter 2?
2. What is proven correct by the Japanese?
3. What does Dunn find out after the air battle?
4. What is Galloway infamous for in Chapter 6?
5. What does Pickering tell Knox and what does Knox decide?
6. What do Hon and Moore try to figure out about messages received earlier in the day?
7. What does Barbara tell Moore in Chapter 11?
8. What workaround are Pickering, Hon, and Banning guilty of and what could it mean for them?
9. Who is Major Jake Dillon?
10. What message do Naval officers give when they come to the beach?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss General MacArthur as presented by Griffin in the book and compare that to the real life General of the Pacific Theater.
Essay Topic 2
Examine changes in communication and intelligence gathering from the early days of World War II to the present time.
Essay Topic 3
Define the term "theme" and discuss how Griffin portrays a few good men who are able to bring things together despite obstacles.
This section contains 980 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)