Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the rank of the man with Dunn when he wakes up at the hospital?
2. How many men are present for the meeting of Pickering with MacArthur?
3. Who does Moore have dinner with?
4. When does Captain Galloway meet with Lt Colonel Dawkins?
5. What does the nurse who bathes Dunn ask him to do after he is released from the hospital?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Fowler in Chapter 15?
2. What are officers advised of on June 29, 1942?
3. What conflict could cause the Allies to lose the war?
4. What does Barbara tell Moore in Chapter 11?
5. Why does Captain Fleming Pickering hold unique status in the Navy in Chapter 2?
6. Why is Dailey surprised in Chapter 14?
7. What does Dunn realize people think about him?
8. What happens while Barbara Ward is thinking of her situation?
9. What does Major Dillon contemplate in July 1942?
10. What happens to Dunn at the beginning of the attack?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the importance of code breakers or message decryption in World War II and how it benefited the Allied forces.
Essay Topic 2
Choose one character depicted in "Battleground" and discuss his/her personal characteristics and actions.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the role of the Coastwatcher Establishment in World War II and discuss the benefits and drawbacks to using such an organization.
This section contains 586 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)