|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nurse Flo Kocharski secretly do?
2. What is Captain Galloway's punishment after his action following Pearl Harbor?
3. Where is the Marine Air Group HQ located?
4. Where does Chapter 1 open?
5. Where is Moore told he will be living?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens while Barbara Ward is thinking of her situation?
2. What does Lieutenant Hon do as part of the U.S. Army Reserve?
3. What does Andrew Foster ask Galloway to give his grandson?
4. What is Galloway infamous for in Chapter 6?
5. What does Moore have difficulty with?
6. Who is Major Jake Dillon?
7. What conflict could cause the Allies to lose the war?
8. In Chapter 1, where is William Charles "Bill" Dunn stationed and why is he frightened?
9. What does Oblensky tell Galloway in Chapter 8?
10. What does Pickering give to MacArthur during a top secret gathering?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the role of the Coastwatcher Establishment in World War II and discuss the benefits and drawbacks to using such an organization.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss General MacArthur as presented by Griffin in the book and compare that to the real life General of the Pacific Theater.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the history leading up to World War II and why the Japanese and Americans were at odds with one another.
This section contains 607 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)