Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the rank of the man with Dunn when he wakes up at the hospital?
2. How many men are present for the meeting of Pickering with MacArthur?
3. Who does Moore have dinner with?
4. When does Captain Galloway meet with Lt Colonel Dawkins?
5. What does the nurse who bathes Dunn ask him to do after he is released from the hospital?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Fowler in Chapter 15?
2. What are officers advised of on June 29, 1942?
3. What conflict could cause the Allies to lose the war?
4. What does Barbara tell Moore in Chapter 11?
5. Why does Captain Fleming Pickering hold unique status in the Navy in Chapter 2?
6. Why is Dailey surprised in Chapter 14?
7. What does Dunn realize people think about him?
8. What happens while Barbara Ward is thinking of her situation?
9. What does Major Dillon contemplate in July 1942?
10. What happens to Dunn at the beginning of the attack?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss General MacArthur as presented by Griffin in the book and compare that to the real life General of the Pacific Theater.
Essay Topic 2
Choose two fictional characters in "Battleground" and discuss the importance of each.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the significance of relationships in these books, whether between men and women or friendships among men.
This section contains 973 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)