|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is sending the message Pickering is given?
2. What is the topic of the heated discussion between Dawkins and Galloway?
3. What should be attacked before Rafael according to the Navy?
4. What special detachment does Sgt Rutterman and Captain Sessions want to enlist a special recruit to?
5. Who does Moore have dinner with?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sgt. Moore realize about Captain Sessions?
2. What happens to Dunn at the beginning of the attack?
3. What is proven correct by the Japanese?
4. What does Pickering agree to in Chapter 9?
5. What does Lieutenant Hon do as part of the U.S. Army Reserve?
6. What does Oblensky tell Galloway in Chapter 8?
7. What is Galloway infamous for in Chapter 6?
8. In Chapter 1, where is William Charles "Bill" Dunn stationed and why is he frightened?
9. What is Lieutenant McCoy's nickname according to Chapter 7?
10. What advice is Moore given when he reaches the U.S. Navy Yard in Philadelphia in Chapter 5?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one strategic location as described in "Battleground" and discuss why it was important to the strategy of the Japanese and/or the United States.
Essay Topic 2
Choose one character with top secret clearance and examine the advice given to this character and how he/she was able to use such a clearance to his/her benefit in his/her military career.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the history leading up to World War II and why the Japanese and Americans were at odds with one another.
This section contains 640 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)