|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Moore think of the security at The Elms?
(a) It is lax.
(b) It is better than the U.S Navy HQ.
(c) It is almost invisible.
(d) It the highest he could imagine.
2. Who confronts Hon about Moore?
(a) A Major.
(b) A First Sergeant.
(c) A Lieutenant.
(d) A Colonel.
3. Why is Dailey sent to the South Pacific?
(a) To prison.
(b) As a pilot.
(c) As a base commander.
(d) To serve as a backup for Hon and Moore.
4. Where is Ellen Feller at the start of Chapter 17?
(a) In a restaurant.
(b) In John Moore's bed.
(c) In her room.
(d) In a pool.
5. What does the first plane on Guadalcanal transport?
(c) Letters for General Vandergrift.
Short Answer Questions
1. What could Hon and Pickering face if someone found about Moore?
2. Who is Schneider's uncle?
3. What does Ellen try to do, but fails at the end of Chapter 17?
4. Who is in charge of keeping David Schneider from entering a sexual and emotional relationship?
5. What does Ellen think of her decision to sleep with Pickering?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Moore is about to leave Headquarters?
2. Why does Ellen sleep with John Moore in Chapter 17?
3. What message do Naval officers give when they come to the beach?
4. Who is Feldt and what does he agree to?
5. What strict orders did Pickering receive that he neglects?
6. What orders does Vandergrift give in Chapter 16?
7. What is ironic about Galloway?
8. What does Vandergrift not understand?
9. What does Barbara tell Moore in Chapter 11?
10. What does Admiral Wagam realize about his nephew?
This section contains 578 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)