|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Moore writing a letter to in Chapter 10?
(a) His lawyer.
(b) Barbara Ward.
(c) His father.
2. What are Vandergrift's orders for Pickering?
(a) To send him to safety as quickly as possible.
(b) To keep him.
(c) To arrest him.
(d) To give him a fighting unit to command.
3. What does Vandergrift order at the start of Chapter 16?
(a) That no intelligence officer be put in harm's way.
(b) That everyone leave the island.
(c) That Pickering be given carte blanche.
(d) That Pickering be arrested.
4. What message does Moore agree to pass on to Major Banning?
(a) That Colonel Dailey wants Pickering to be assigned to his team.
(b) That Colonel Dailey wants to be assigned to him.
(c) That Colonel Dailey wants to meet him.
(d) That Colonel Dailey wants a favor from him.
5. What does Moore receive after delivering the message?
(a) A letter from his lawyer.
(b) A letter from Barbara.
(c) A letter from mother.
(d) A letter from his father.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many men survived Goettge's patrol?
2. Where is Dailey first assigned before going back to the US?
3. How many Wildcats does Galloway hope to have operational in his group?
4. How many messages does Hon bring to MacArthur?
5. What instructions has Pickering received?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Vandergrift not understand?
2. What message do Naval officers give when they come to the beach?
3. Why is Dailey surprised in Chapter 14?
4. What happens when Moore is about to leave Headquarters?
5. What does Major Dillon contemplate in July 1942?
6. What do the Coastwatchers report from Buka Island?
7. What does Hon realize about Moore?
8. What does Pickering tell Knox and what does Knox decide?
9. What does Pickering advise Knox of?
10. What does Stecker explain about Pickering?
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)