|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Hon and his team try to determine from the message intercepted from the Japanese?
(a) Who sent it.
(b) If the Japanese know where their fleet is.
(c) How many troops are sent to Guadalcanal.
(d) Where Yamamoto is.
2. What does Moore receive after delivering the message?
(a) A letter from his lawyer.
(b) A letter from his father.
(c) A letter from mother.
(d) A letter from Barbara.
3. Who confronts Hon about Moore?
(a) A First Sergeant.
(b) A Major.
(c) A Lieutenant.
(d) A Colonel.
4. Who is being considered as replacements to Goettge, Cory and Ringer?
(a) Dailey and Moore.
(b) Moore alone.
(c) Moore and Hon.
(d) Hon and Dailey.
5. Who does Pickering leave in charge of his team?
(d) His secretary.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Ellen Feller at the start of Chapter 17?
2. What school did Schneider go to?
3. Where is Major Dillon on July 5, 1942?
4. Who does Lt Donnelly send to fetch Moore at the start of Chapter 11?
5. What does the first plane on Guadalcanal transport?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the Marines know about the Japanese and why is their anger?
2. What does Barbara tell Moore in Chapter 11?
3. What does Vandergrift not understand?
4. Why is Dailey surprised in Chapter 14?
5. What does Pickering tell Knox and what does Knox decide?
6. What workaround are Pickering, Hon, and Banning guilty of and what could it mean for them?
7. What does Pickering advise Knox of?
8. What does Stecker explain about Pickering?
9. What decision does Pickering make that might shock the reader?
10. Who is Fowler in Chapter 15?
This section contains 606 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)