|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the first plane on Guadalcanal transport?
(c) Letters for General Vandergrift.
2. What are the aviators' feelings toward David Schneider according to Chapter 13?
(a) He is teased.
(b) He is not liked.
(c) He is tolerable.
(d) He is disciplined.
3. Who is Schneider's uncle?
(a) Markus Knox.
(c) Robert Bixby.
(d) Admiral Wagam.
4. Why do Hon and Pickering decide to not tell their superior about Moore's work?
(a) Because their superior would not want someone else knowing so much about Allied plans.
(b) Because their superior would want to get him for their team.
(c) Because their superior would not want someone that good in Australia.
(d) Because their superior would not accept to pay for another analyst.
5. What do Hon and his team try to determine from the message intercepted from the Japanese?
(a) If the Japanese know where their fleet is.
(b) How many troops are sent to Guadalcanal.
(c) Where Yamamoto is.
(d) Who sent it.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many men survived Goettge's patrol?
2. When does Chapter 10 open?
3. Where did Stecker first meet Pickering?
4. What message do the Naval officers bring on Guadalcanal?
5. Who gets drunk during the meeting in Chapter 10?
Short Essay Questions
1. What decision does Pickering make that might shock the reader?
2. What message do Naval officers give when they come to the beach?
3. What does Stecker explain about Pickering?
4. What does Ellen think of Pickering and John Moore?
5. What workaround are Pickering, Hon, and Banning guilty of and what could it mean for them?
6. What is clear about Pickering's message to Knox?
7. What orders does Vandergrift give in Chapter 16?
8. What does Vandergrift not understand?
9. Who is Fowler in Chapter 15?
10. Who is John writing to in Chapter 10 and what does he say?
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)