|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ellen think of her decision to sleep with Pickering?
(a) As a poor move.
(b) As necessary.
(c) As a wise move.
(d) As a step toward marriage.
2. How many messages does Hon bring to MacArthur?
3. Why do Hon and Pickering decide to not tell their superior about Moore's work?
(a) Because their superior would not want someone that good in Australia.
(b) Because their superior would want to get him for their team.
(c) Because their superior would not want someone else knowing so much about Allied plans.
(d) Because their superior would not accept to pay for another analyst.
4. What does Hon realize after Moore's first assignment?
(a) That he will be more valuable than thought.
(b) That he isn't as smart as he looked.
(c) That he is slow.
(d) That he is imcompetent.
5. Why does David Schneider have difficulty understanding the issue mentioned in Question #111?
(a) Schneider is oblivious to how others feel about him.
(b) Schneider is brutal in wartime.
(c) Schneider is by the book.
(d) Schneider follows Galloway without question.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many destroyers unload supplies in Guadalcanal?
2. Where is Major Dillon on July 5, 1942?
3. What is Dailey surprised to learn?
4. What does Ellen think of Dailey?
5. Who gets drunk during the meeting in Chapter 10?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is John writing to in Chapter 10 and what does he say?
2. What workaround are Pickering, Hon, and Banning guilty of and what could it mean for them?
3. What do the Marines know about the Japanese and why is their anger?
4. What is Captain Galloway's goal in Chapter 12?
5. Who is Fowler in Chapter 15?
6. What does Stecker explain about Pickering?
7. What does Pickering tell Knox and what does Knox decide?
8. What message do Naval officers give when they come to the beach?
9. What does Hon realize about Moore?
10. What does Admiral Wagam realize about his nephew?
This section contains 693 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)