|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What decision does Pickering make?
(a) To fly a Wildcat.
(b) To go home.
(c) To take a leave of absence.
(d) To go battle.
2. Who do Hon and Moore discuss the coldness of?
3. What does MacArthur's office claim not to know?
(a) That Pickering is alive.
(b) That Pickering is in the Navy.
(c) That Pickering is dead.
(d) That Pickering was supposed to be in the U.S.
4. What does Ellen Feller finish at Water Lily Cottage?
(a) Her polo match.
(b) Her bath.
(c) Her horse backriding.
(d) Her tennis match.
5. Why is Captain Galloway tired in Chapter 11?
(a) He is testing the planes assigned to his group.
(b) He is training his pilots.
(c) He is sick.
(d) He is on guard shift every night.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many Wildcats does Galloway hope to have operational in his group?
2. Why does David Schneider have difficulty understanding the issue mentioned in Question #111?
3. What doesn't HQ know about Moore?
4. What are Vandergrift's orders for Pickering?
5. Who is being considered as replacements to Goettge, Cory and Ringer?
Short Essay Questions
1. What workaround are Pickering, Hon, and Banning guilty of and what could it mean for them?
2. What does Barbara tell Moore in Chapter 11?
3. What does Major Dillon contemplate in July 1942?
4. What orders does Vandergrift give in Chapter 16?
5. What decision does Pickering make that might shock the reader?
6. What does Hon realize about Moore?
7. What do the Coastwatchers report from Buka Island?
8. What does Pickering advise Knox of?
9. Who is John writing to in Chapter 10 and what does he say?
10. What does Vandergrift not understand?
This section contains 624 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)