|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Dailey's reputation tarnished?
(a) He fell for an African American woman.
(b) He fell for a British woman,
(c) He fell for a Gapanese woman.
(d) He fell for a German woman.
2. Why was Dailey's status as a pilot rescinded?
(a) He is not good.
(b) He wasn't good enough at math.
(c) He tried to fly home to the US with his plane.
(d) He has a heart murmur.
3. Who confronts Hon about Moore?
(a) A Major.
(b) A Colonel.
(c) A Lieutenant.
(d) A First Sergeant.
4. What message do the Naval officers bring on Guadalcanal?
(a) That Pickering must return with them.
(b) That Pickering must keep a low profile if he decides to stay.
(c) That Pickering must be arrested.
(d) That Pickering must be promoted.
5. What does Knox tell Admiral Nimitz?
(a) To get Pickering arrested.
(b) To have Moore arrested.
(c) To get Pickering off Guadalcanal.
(d) To get Moore on Guadalcanal.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who reprimands Schneider for his lack of understanding of how things work in the time of war in Chapter 12?
2. How many men does Captain Goettge take on patrol?
3. How many men survived Goettge's patrol?
4. Who is in charge of keeping David Schneider from entering a sexual and emotional relationship?
5. How is Moore supposed to transport the message to Major Banning?
Short Essay Questions
1. What decision does Pickering make that might shock the reader?
2. What strict orders did Pickering receive that he neglects?
3. What workaround are Pickering, Hon, and Banning guilty of and what could it mean for them?
4. What does Vandergrift not understand?
5. Who is Feldt and what does he agree to?
6. Why does Ellen sleep with John Moore in Chapter 17?
7. Who is John writing to in Chapter 10 and what does he say?
8. What do Hon and Moore try to figure out about messages received earlier in the day?
9. Why is Dailey surprised in Chapter 14?
10. What does Hon realize about Moore?
This section contains 656 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)