|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Moore show Ellen the message he received?
(a) In his hotel.
(c) At Water Lily Cottage.
(d) At a restaurant.
2. What does Ellen try to do, but fails at the end of Chapter 17?
(a) Get Moore to pass a letter to Pickering.
(b) Get Moore to marry her.
(c) Get Dailey to spy on Moore.
(d) Prevent Moore from living.
3. What instructions has Pickering received?
(a) Not to place himself in harm's way.
(b) To lead by example.
(c) To stay safe.
(d) To balance his time well.
4. Why do the Marines at Guadalcanal feel abandoned?
(a) The US Air Force stop its bombing run.
(b) They don't have maps of the area.
(c) The US Navy pulls off the island.
(d) Their dead officers are not replaced.
5. Who is being considered as replacements to Goettge, Cory and Ringer?
(a) Hon and Dailey.
(b) Dailey and Moore.
(c) Moore and Hon.
(d) Moore alone.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Dailey's status as a pilot rescinded?
2. How many men survived Goettge's patrol?
3. What does Ellen Feller finish at Water Lily Cottage?
4. Who does Pickering leave in charge of his team?
5. What is Goettge's rank?
Short Essay Questions
1. What orders does Vandergrift give in Chapter 16?
2. What decision does Pickering make that might shock the reader?
3. What strict orders did Pickering receive that he neglects?
4. What does Pickering advise Knox of?
5. Who is John writing to in Chapter 10 and what does he say?
6. What does Major Dillon contemplate in July 1942?
7. Why is Dailey surprised in Chapter 14?
8. What is Captain Galloway's goal in Chapter 12?
9. What does Barbara tell Moore in Chapter 11?
10. What does Admiral Wagam realize about his nephew?
This section contains 593 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)