|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Moore receive after delivering the message?
(a) A letter from Barbara.
(b) A letter from his father.
(c) A letter from mother.
(d) A letter from his lawyer.
2. Who confronts Hon about Moore?
(a) A First Sergeant.
(b) A Colonel.
(c) A Lieutenant.
(d) A Major.
3. Where is Major Dillon on July 5, 1942?
(a) Pearl Harbor
(d) San Diego.
4. What does Moore do during his first assignment?
(a) Translate unknown code.
(b) Bring documents to MacArthur.
(c) He decipher the hidden meaning behind the message.
(d) Create clear guidelines for document translation.
5. Where does Moore show Ellen the message he received?
(a) At a restaurant.
(b) At Water Lily Cottage.
(d) In his hotel.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Stecker first meet Pickering?
2. Where is Ellen Feller at the start of Chapter 17?
3. How many men does Captain Goettge take on patrol?
4. Who reprimands Schneider for his lack of understanding of how things work in the time of war in Chapter 12?
5. Who asks after the whereabouts of Pickering?
Short Essay Questions
1. What workaround are Pickering, Hon, and Banning guilty of and what could it mean for them?
2. What happens when Moore is about to leave Headquarters?
3. Why is David Schneider not liked in Chapter 13?
4. What is Captain Galloway's goal in Chapter 12?
5. Who is Fowler in Chapter 15?
6. What strict orders did Pickering receive that he neglects?
7. What does Major Dillon contemplate in July 1942?
8. What is ironic about Galloway?
9. What do the Marines know about the Japanese and why is their anger?
10. Who is John writing to in Chapter 10 and what does he say?
This section contains 588 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)