|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ellen think of her decision to sleep with Pickering?
(a) As necessary.
(b) As a step toward marriage.
(c) As a wise move.
(d) As a poor move.
2. What does Hon realize after Moore's first assignment?
(a) That he will be more valuable than thought.
(b) That he isn't as smart as he looked.
(c) That he is slow.
(d) That he is imcompetent.
3. What doesn't HQ know about Moore?
(a) That he works for Pickering.
(b) That he speaks Japanese.
(c) That he has access to MAGIC documents.
(d) That he is a pacifist.
4. What instructions has Pickering received?
(a) To lead by example.
(b) Not to place himself in harm's way.
(c) To balance his time well.
(d) To stay safe.
5. Where is Major Dillon on July 5, 1942?
(a) Pearl Harbor
(b) San Diego.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the Marines at Guadalcanal feel abandoned?
2. What does Ellen think of Dailey?
3. Who does Pickering send a message to in Chapter 16?
4. How is Moore supposed to transport the message to Major Banning?
5. Where is Moore approached by Colonel Dailey?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Pickering advise Knox of?
2. What do Hon and Moore try to figure out about messages received earlier in the day?
3. What is clear about Pickering's message to Knox?
4. What does Admiral Wagam realize about his nephew?
5. What does Ellen think of Pickering and John Moore?
6. What does Hon realize about Moore?
7. What does Vandergrift not understand?
8. Why does Ellen sleep with John Moore in Chapter 17?
9. What does Stecker explain about Pickering?
10. What decision does Pickering make that might shock the reader?
This section contains 649 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)