|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens during the Guadalcanal landing of the troops?
(a) The Marines take heavy fire and stay on the beach.
(b) The Marines meet heavy fire, but push towards the air field.
(c) The Marines reembarque after taking significant casualty.
(d) The Marines meet little resistance.
2. How is Moore supposed to transport the message to Major Banning?
(a) On paper.
(b) Using the phone.
(c) Using radio.
(d) By remembering it.
3. What does the first plane landing on Guadalcanal leave the island with?
(a) Two wounded soldiers.
(b) Letters from soldiers.
4. Who is Schneider's uncle?
(b) Robert Bixby.
(c) Markus Knox.
(d) Admiral Wagam.
5. What does David Schneider have trouble understanding?
(a) That wars are not fought by the book.
(b) That his leader knows best.
(c) The reason for how he is treated.
(d) That wars don't need understanding.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pickering call upon to rationalize his behavior?
2. What does Vandergrift order at the start of Chapter 16?
3. Where is Fowler's office?
4. What doesn't HQ know about Moore?
5. What school did Schneider go to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Pickering advise Knox of?
2. Why is Dailey surprised in Chapter 14?
3. What does Ellen think of Pickering and John Moore?
4. What do Hon and Moore try to figure out about messages received earlier in the day?
5. What does Major Dillon contemplate in July 1942?
6. What orders does Vandergrift give in Chapter 16?
7. What does Barbara tell Moore in Chapter 11?
8. What does Admiral Wagam realize about his nephew?
9. What decision does Pickering make that might shock the reader?
10. What happens when Moore is about to leave Headquarters?
This section contains 624 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)