|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many men does Captain Goettge take on patrol?
(a) 30 men.
(b) 15 men.
(c) 20 men.
(d) 25 men.
2. When does Chapter 10 open?
(a) July 8, 1942.
(b) July 11, 1942.
(c) July 1, 1942.
(d) July 5, 1942.
3. Where does Moore show Ellen the message he received?
(b) In his hotel.
(c) At a restaurant.
(d) At Water Lily Cottage.
4. Where is Fowler's office?
(a) The Pentagon.
(b) The US senate building.
(c) The Capitol.
(d) The Foster Lafayette Hotel.
5. What do the Coastwatchers of Buka see in Chapter 14?
(a) A large group of Japanese planes.
(b) A large group of Japanese submarines.
(c) A large group of Japanese landing barges.
(d) A large group of Japanese destroyers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Hon and his team try to determine from the message intercepted from the Japanese?
2. Where is Major Dillon on July 5, 1942?
3. Who asks after the whereabouts of Pickering?
4. What is Moore ordered to do at the start of Chapter 10?
5. Who is being considered as replacements to Goettge, Cory and Ringer?
Short Essay Questions
1. What message do Naval officers give when they come to the beach?
2. What workaround are Pickering, Hon, and Banning guilty of and what could it mean for them?
3. What happens when Moore is about to leave Headquarters?
4. Why is David Schneider not liked in Chapter 13?
5. Why is Dailey surprised in Chapter 14?
6. What does Stecker explain about Pickering?
7. Who is Fowler in Chapter 15?
8. What is clear about Pickering's message to Knox?
9. What do the Coastwatchers report from Buka Island?
10. What does Major Dillon contemplate in July 1942?
This section contains 607 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)