|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Moore supposed to transport the message to Major Banning?
(a) On paper.
(b) Using the phone.
(c) Using radio.
(d) By remembering it.
2. What are Vandergrift's orders for Pickering?
(a) To arrest him.
(b) To give him a fighting unit to command.
(c) To send him to safety as quickly as possible.
(d) To keep him.
3. How many Wildcats does Galloway hope to have operational in his group?
4. What does MacArthur's office claim not to know?
(a) That Pickering was supposed to be in the U.S.
(b) That Pickering is dead.
(c) That Pickering is in the Navy.
(d) That Pickering is alive.
5. When does Chapter 10 open?
(a) July 5, 1942.
(b) July 1, 1942.
(c) July 8, 1942.
(d) July 11, 1942.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hon forbid Moore to talk about?
2. What does the first plane on Guadalcanal transport?
3. What does Ellen think of Dailey?
4. Where is Moore approached by Colonel Dailey?
5. What does Schneider think should be admired?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is ironic about Galloway?
2. What does Major Dillon contemplate in July 1942?
3. What orders does Vandergrift give in Chapter 16?
4. What is Captain Galloway's goal in Chapter 12?
5. What workaround are Pickering, Hon, and Banning guilty of and what could it mean for them?
6. What does Barbara tell Moore in Chapter 11?
7. What do the Coastwatchers report from Buka Island?
8. What does Hon realize about Moore?
9. Who is Feldt and what does he agree to?
10. What does Vandergrift not understand?
This section contains 556 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)