|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the Marines at Guadalcanal feel abandoned?
(a) Their dead officers are not replaced.
(b) The US Air Force stop its bombing run.
(c) They don't have maps of the area.
(d) The US Navy pulls off the island.
2. What does Ellen think of her decision to sleep with Pickering?
(a) As a step toward marriage.
(b) As a wise move.
(c) As necessary.
(d) As a poor move.
3. Who is being considered as replacements to Goettge, Cory and Ringer?
(a) Moore and Hon.
(b) Moore alone.
(c) Hon and Dailey.
(d) Dailey and Moore.
4. Where is Major Dillon on July 5, 1942?
(b) Pearl Harbor
(d) San Diego.
5. What are Vandergrift's orders for Pickering?
(a) To give him a fighting unit to command.
(b) To arrest him.
(c) To send him to safety as quickly as possible.
(d) To keep him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gets drunk during the meeting in Chapter 10?
2. What does Pickering's message say about his intention towards the Marines on Guadalcanal?
3. How many men survived Goettge's patrol?
4. What does Moore receive after delivering the message?
5. Who is in charge of keeping David Schneider from entering a sexual and emotional relationship?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is ironic about Galloway?
2. Why is David Schneider not liked in Chapter 13?
3. What workaround are Pickering, Hon, and Banning guilty of and what could it mean for them?
4. What is clear about Pickering's message to Knox?
5. What does Pickering tell Knox and what does Knox decide?
6. What does Admiral Wagam realize about his nephew?
7. What does Hon realize about Moore?
8. What strict orders did Pickering receive that he neglects?
9. What does Pickering advise Knox of?
10. What does Barbara tell Moore in Chapter 11?
This section contains 640 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)