|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Moore writing a letter to in Chapter 10?
(a) Barbara Ward.
(b) His father.
(d) His lawyer.
2. What message does Moore agree to pass on to Major Banning?
(a) That Colonel Dailey wants a favor from him.
(b) That Colonel Dailey wants to be assigned to him.
(c) That Colonel Dailey wants Pickering to be assigned to his team.
(d) That Colonel Dailey wants to meet him.
3. What is the first plane that lands on Guadalcanal?
(a) A catalina.
(b) A B-24.
(c) A Corsair.
(d) A Tomcat.
4. What instructions has Pickering received?
(a) Not to place himself in harm's way.
(b) To stay safe.
(c) To lead by example.
(d) To balance his time well.
5. What does Ellen think of Dailey?
(a) That he is too good to be sent to the front line.
(b) That he is a nice man.
(c) That he is full of his own importance.
(d) That he is a dreamer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Moore receive after delivering the message?
2. What does Moore do during his first assignment?
3. Where did Stecker first meet Pickering?
4. Why does David Schneider have difficulty understanding the issue mentioned in Question #111?
5. Who confronts Hon about Moore?
Short Essay Questions
1. What message do Naval officers give when they come to the beach?
2. What does Pickering tell Knox and what does Knox decide?
3. What strict orders did Pickering receive that he neglects?
4. What does Barbara tell Moore in Chapter 11?
5. What does Major Dillon contemplate in July 1942?
6. What is ironic about Galloway?
7. What decision does Pickering make that might shock the reader?
8. Why is Dailey surprised in Chapter 14?
9. What is Captain Galloway's goal in Chapter 12?
10. Who is Fowler in Chapter 15?
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)