|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the Marines at Guadalcanal feel abandoned?
(a) The US Navy pulls off the island.
(b) The US Air Force stop its bombing run.
(c) They don't have maps of the area.
(d) Their dead officers are not replaced.
2. Who is being considered as replacements to Goettge, Cory and Ringer?
(a) Moore and Hon.
(b) Hon and Dailey.
(c) Dailey and Moore.
(d) Moore alone.
3. What position is Pickering elevated to?
(a) Supply Division Officer.
(b) First Sergeant.
(c) Division Executive officer
(d) Intelligence Division Officer.
4. What does Ellen Feller finish at Water Lily Cottage?
(a) Her tennis match.
(b) Her polo match.
(c) Her horse backriding.
(d) Her bath.
5. How many destroyers unload supplies in Guadalcanal?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Schneider's uncle?
2. How many men survived Goettge's patrol?
3. What are the aviators' feelings toward David Schneider according to Chapter 13?
4. What is Fowler the Senator of according to Chapter 15?
5. What is the rank of the soldier accompanying Pickering?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ellen realize about the orders Moore and Dailey receive?
2. What happens when Moore is about to leave Headquarters?
3. What does Pickering tell Knox and what does Knox decide?
4. What does Pickering advise Knox of?
5. What do the Marines know about the Japanese and why is their anger?
6. Why is David Schneider not liked in Chapter 13?
7. What does Barbara tell Moore in Chapter 11?
8. What do Hon and Moore try to figure out about messages received earlier in the day?
9. What does Vandergrift not understand?
10. Who is Fowler in Chapter 15?
This section contains 605 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)