|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Dailey meet with MacArthur?
2. Why do Hon and Pickering decide to not tell their superior about Moore's work?
(a) Because their superior would want to get him for their team.
(b) Because their superior would not want someone else knowing so much about Allied plans.
(c) Because their superior would not accept to pay for another analyst.
(d) Because their superior would not want someone that good in Australia.
3. What does the first plane landing on Guadalcanal leave the island with?
(a) Letters from soldiers.
(b) Two wounded soldiers.
4. Who does Lt Donnelly send to fetch Moore at the start of Chapter 11?
5. What is the first plane that lands on Guadalcanal?
(a) A catalina.
(b) A Tomcat.
(c) A Corsair.
(d) A B-24.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Dailey sent to the South Pacific?
2. Who is in charge of keeping David Schneider from entering a sexual and emotional relationship?
3. Who gets drunk during the meeting in Chapter 10?
4. What does Moore do during his first assignment?
5. What does Ellen think of her decision to sleep with Pickering?
Short Essay Questions
1. What strict orders did Pickering receive that he neglects?
2. What does Ellen think of Pickering and John Moore?
3. What does Stecker explain about Pickering?
4. What do the Marines know about the Japanese and why is their anger?
5. What decision does Pickering make that might shock the reader?
6. Why does Ellen sleep with John Moore in Chapter 17?
7. What does Pickering advise Knox of?
8. What orders does Vandergrift give in Chapter 16?
9. What does Pickering tell Knox and what does Knox decide?
10. What does Hon realize about Moore?
This section contains 616 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)