|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are the ships for the invasion of the Solomon Island loaded?
2. Where is Fowler's office?
(a) The Foster Lafayette Hotel.
(b) The US senate building.
(c) The Pentagon.
(d) The Capitol.
3. How many women attend the reunion in Chapter 10?
4. What does Schneider think should be admired?
(a) Defying military protocol.
(b) Adherence to his uncle's commands.
(c) Adherence to military protocol.
(d) Defying his uncle's commands.
5. Why does David Schneider have difficulty understanding the issue mentioned in Question #111?
(a) Schneider is brutal in wartime.
(b) Schneider follows Galloway without question.
(c) Schneider is oblivious to how others feel about him.
(d) Schneider is by the book.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pickering's message say about his intention towards the Marines on Guadalcanal?
2. What does Moore receive after delivering the message?
3. What does Moore do during his first assignment?
4. What message do the Naval officers bring on Guadalcanal?
5. What is one of the officers of Galloway's group shocked by?
Short Essay Questions
1. What message do Naval officers give when they come to the beach?
2. What does Major Dillon contemplate in July 1942?
3. What workaround are Pickering, Hon, and Banning guilty of and what could it mean for them?
4. Why does Ellen sleep with John Moore in Chapter 17?
5. What does Stecker explain about Pickering?
6. Who is Fowler in Chapter 15?
7. What does Vandergrift not understand?
8. What strict orders did Pickering receive that he neglects?
9. What is ironic about Galloway?
10. What do the Marines know about the Japanese and why is their anger?
This section contains 623 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)