|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the aviators' feelings toward David Schneider according to Chapter 13?
(a) He is teased.
(b) He is not liked.
(c) He is tolerable.
(d) He is disciplined.
2. What does Knox tell Admiral Nimitz?
(a) To get Pickering arrested.
(b) To have Moore arrested.
(c) To get Pickering off Guadalcanal.
(d) To get Moore on Guadalcanal.
3. Why do Hon and Pickering decide to not tell their superior about Moore's work?
(a) Because their superior would not want someone else knowing so much about Allied plans.
(b) Because their superior would want to get him for their team.
(c) Because their superior would not want someone that good in Australia.
(d) Because their superior would not accept to pay for another analyst.
4. Who is being considered as replacements to Goettge, Cory and Ringer?
(a) Moore and Hon.
(b) Hon and Dailey.
(c) Moore alone.
(d) Dailey and Moore.
5. What does David Schneider have trouble understanding?
(a) The reason for how he is treated.
(b) That his leader knows best.
(c) That wars don't need understanding.
(d) That wars are not fought by the book.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Moore writing a letter to in Chapter 10?
2. Who can Ellen not reach at the end of Chapter 17?
3. What message does Moore agree to pass on to Major Banning?
4. What does Hon realize after Moore's first assignment?
5. Why does David Schneider have difficulty understanding the issue mentioned in Question #111?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ellen think of Pickering and John Moore?
2. What does Pickering advise Knox of?
3. What message do Naval officers give when they come to the beach?
4. What does Ellen realize about the orders Moore and Dailey receive?
5. What does Vandergrift not understand?
6. What is clear about Pickering's message to Knox?
7. What does Stecker explain about Pickering?
8. Who is Feldt and what does he agree to?
9. What do the Marines know about the Japanese and why is their anger?
10. What happens when Moore is about to leave Headquarters?
This section contains 733 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)