|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ellen think of her decision to sleep with Pickering?
(a) As necessary.
(b) As a poor move.
(c) As a step toward marriage.
(d) As a wise move.
2. What does Vandergrift order at the start of Chapter 16?
(a) That everyone leave the island.
(b) That Pickering be arrested.
(c) That Pickering be given carte blanche.
(d) That no intelligence officer be put in harm's way.
3. How many men survived Goettge's patrol?
4. What is Pickering put in charge of?
(a) Ammunition on the island.
(b) Intelligence on the island.
(c) Food on the island.
(d) Medical care on the island.
5. How many destroyers unload supplies in Guadalcanal?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who reprimands Schneider for his lack of understanding of how things work in the time of war in Chapter 12?
2. Where is Fowler's office?
3. Who is Schneider's uncle?
4. What message do the Naval officers bring on Guadalcanal?
5. What does Ellen Feller fear her husband hid?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Stecker explain about Pickering?
2. What does Pickering tell Knox and what does Knox decide?
3. What decision does Pickering make that might shock the reader?
4. What does Pickering advise Knox of?
5. What happens when Moore is about to leave Headquarters?
6. What is ironic about Galloway?
7. What is clear about Pickering's message to Knox?
8. What is Captain Galloway's goal in Chapter 12?
9. What do Hon and Moore try to figure out about messages received earlier in the day?
10. Why is David Schneider not liked in Chapter 13?
This section contains 594 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)